• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Addiction?

Can I ask personally--how did it feel to be without them entirely? Cravings? Depression? etc?

It was very difficult. When I finally quit it was after years of daily use and I had worked myself up to pretty high doses. Like quitting a 3-4 year long binge. When I finally quit I pretty much slept 23 hours a day for the first week and then the amount of sleep I got each day slowly lowered from there over the course of the next few weeks.

I was very depressed and suffered extreme cravings. Relapsed numerous times before finally getting it right.

It was very difficult. When I finally quit it was after years of daily use and I had worked myself up to pretty high doses. Like quitting a 3-4 year long binge. When I finally quit I pretty much slept 23 hours a day for the first week and then the amount of sleep I got each day slowly lowered from there over the course of the next few weeks.

I was very depressed and suffered extreme cravings. Relapsed numerous times before finally getting it right.
oi, i want to inquire for personal reasons what your highest dose of addy was? feel free to tell me in a pm, i'm trying to see what others call a high dose because i know my normal doses are way too high

I've used addy but don't remember the dosages tbh. Mostly during my stimulant years I was abusing mdpv and other similar research chemical stimulants.

I've heard so many people say that adderall isn't addictive because it's not like cocaine where you want to redose during the crash, but for me I always redose to escape the crash and it's a vicious cycle that makes me feel bad about myself. People on BL have said that health-wise it's fairly safe even when abused. Is this true?

LOL! You wouldn't have heard that from me. I think the shit is pure evil and that's why I quit over a year ago.

Reactions: CFC
yeah saywhat, I also redose addy quite often, albeit always lower than my initial dose but i probably dose every 2-4 hours to maintain it, but its much more controllable compared to cocaine or anything else, i usually want to take another dose, but if i don't i simply don't whereas i'm compelled to somtimes with coke.... but everything is relatively 'safe' if you're not taking excessive doses ehm like i do but on the flipside, if you take care of yourself and what not, then addy isn't too bad the occasional 2-3 day binge i suppose is fine as long as you make sure to eat and then take a loong snooze once you've decided the roll is over with to catch up on that much needed sleep

How can meth be comparable to adderall? They may be similar composition wise a bit but the level of power between the two.... meth has destroyed far more lives and deteriorated people's minds and bodies far more effectively. I've heard conflicted things about addy being "the same" as meth. Maybe if you ate 400 mg of the junk a day it could be as devastating as meth? Not to mention most meth seems to be cut with some nasty unknown agents. Due to my already problematic affair with the weaker version, I'll try to avoid meth like the plague.

Was prescribed adderall two years ago... low-dose. Basically, in the beginning I wouldn't abuse the darn thing because the paranoia aspect and my tolerance was so low. But fast-forward to now and I'm losing control. It's hard for me to leave it in a drawer and take it some other time. I go through the script in about a week and then always face a depressive episode. I'm not taking ridiculous doses like 300 mg at once a day because my script isn't that large to begin with. But it is starting to affect my life at times--like staying up a whole day or two without any sleep before something really important because I can't control my usage. Has anyone had similar issues with the substance and find it incredibly addicting? I know the obvious answer is to get rid of the script. But whenever I say that I'll finally get rid of it I realize how much I'd miss it. I'd like to find a way to gain self control or set boundaries.. but unsure if that's even possible at this point. It's an incredible antidepressant for me and I'm afraid to face life without it 100%. I've heard so many people say that adderall isn't addictive because it's not like cocaine where you want to redose during the crash, but for me I always redose to escape the crash and it's a vicious cycle that makes me feel bad about myself. People on BL have said that health-wise it's fairly safe even when abused. Is this true?

You're at a point where you have absolutely no control of your dose. I know you're thinking "If only I could control this someway." I used to think like that too, but you can't.

The only way to rid yourself of the vicious binge/crash cycle is to be determined to quit. I had to tell my former psychiatrist to cancel my scripts. I did not admit to addiction, I just told her I didn't like how it made me feel anymore.

If you don't cancel the scripts, you won't quit. There is always the temptation to go pick your medicine up. You're in dangerous territory. The more you keep binging, you're risking psychosis or ultimately death. If you keep it up, a trip to the hospital is definitely in the near future so stop.

Adderall slowly takes over your identity and makes you feel like you can't live without it. I loathe amphetamines.

Quitting sucks. I was determined to never go back though.
I only know what worked for me. Gabapentin and kratom were helpful for withdrawals, but it still wasn't enough to take the suicidal thoughts and lethargy/loss of motivation away during the first 7 months I quit. So I went to a new psychiatrist, got prescribed an antidepressant and Concerta.

Concerta is much better for me because even if I run out, I don't feel like my whole life is over or that I can't see my life without it. Maybe it's because Adderall is an amphetamine, but that garbage has a complete hold over your mind. Hate it. You gotta find what works for you though and you have to absolutely be determined to quit or people are wasting their time.

How can meth be comparable to adderall? They may be similar composition wise a bit but the level of power between the two.... meth has destroyed far more lives and deteriorated people's minds and bodies far more effectively. I've heard conflicted things about addy being "the same" as meth. Maybe if you ate 400 mg of the junk a day it could be as devastating as meth? Not to mention most meth seems to be cut with some nasty unknown agents. Due to my already problematic affair with the weaker version, I'll try to avoid meth like the plague.
they're comparable because the only difference is a variation in the chemical composition aka the methl component, methamp still has enantiomers just like amp, and when you use meth, the main difference is appearent being that because it's methylated amphetamine it allows it to cross the blood brain barrier to a greater magnitude compared to the counterpart being amphetamine because there's a limited rate at which Amphetamine itself can cross the BBB and only so much can cross in a short period while meth has an exponentially greater amount that can get into the brain which is the cause of the significant euphoria it has over amp, however once in the brain and blood, Meth is converted extremely fast into mostly Dextroamphetamine, thus they're very similar, so essentially methamp is a charged up/super version of amphetamine, aswell no matter how much amphetamine you take can you get the same effects of meth because there's that limit of how much can get into the brain in so much time, and because meth is so effective in this way you can use much less of it and achieve what you're going for, i have no issues with meth, i do love the substance BUT. because it gets into the brain so well, it also takes longer to leave the brain which results in that drawn-out comedown that everyone who's use it has experienced, whereas i don't really notice an amphetamine comedown all that much, well anymore atleast and remembering back to when i did notice it, its mainly only minor residual stimulation that can keep you from catching some zz's but other than that it doesn't cause irritability/anxiety like a meth comedown does, not to mention occasionally leaving you feeling stimulated but not high anymore, i think thats the worst about meth - i'm pretty ampd i didn't realize i had typed so much lol.

they're comparable because the only difference is a variation in the chemical composition aka the methl component, methamp still has enantiomers just like amp, and when you use meth, the main difference is appearent being that because it's methylated amphetamine it allows it to cross the blood brain barrier to a greater magnitude compared to the counterpart being amphetamine because there's a limited rate at which Amphetamine itself can cross the BBB and only so much can cross in a short period while meth has an exponentially greater amount that can get into the brain which is the cause of the significant euphoria it has over amp, however once in the brain and blood, Meth is converted extremely fast into mostly Dextroamphetamine, thus they're very similar, so essentially methamp is a charged up/super version of amphetamine, aswell no matter how much amphetamine you take can you get the same effects of meth because there's that limit of how much can get into the brain in so much time, and because meth is so effective in this way you can use much less of it and achieve what you're going for, i have no issues with meth, i do love the substance BUT. because it gets into the brain so well, it also takes longer to leave the brain which results in that drawn-out comedown that everyone who's use it has experienced, whereas i don't really notice an amphetamine comedown all that much, well anymore atleast and remembering back to when i did notice it, its mainly only minor residual stimulation that can keep you from catching some zz's but other than that it doesn't cause irritability/anxiety like a meth comedown does, not to mention occasionally leaving you feeling stimulated but not high anymore, i think thats the worst about meth - i'm pretty ampd i didn't realize i had typed so much lol.
Ive been prescribed Adderall and quickly began to abuse it...I never thought I’d acquire an addiction to an upper because I have legitimate anxiety but I loved the way Adderall made me feel...I work in the healthcare field and suddenly going to work became a breeze...it’s been four years since I’ve been using Adderall and two months ago my prescription ran out and because I’m out of state until February my APRN won’t refill my script until I return...fast forward I’ve now tried meth...I managed to never try it until now and I’m 48 years old...it feels exactly like Adderall and I’ve even acquired a tolerance already just like when I abuse Adderall...I’m embarrassed by the fact that I’ve smoked meth...I have no friends that abuse drugs to my knowledge...they would be horrified...I keep telling myself speed isn’t my drug of choice so I won’t become an addict...I know that this is denial speaking...fortunately my home state of CT doesn’t have meth yet...lots of cocaine and crack but no meth...time to put the pipe down...

Ive been prescribed Adderall and quickly began to abuse it...I never thought I’d acquire an addiction to an upper because I have legitimate anxiety but I loved the way Adderall made me feel...I work in the healthcare field and suddenly going to work became a breeze...it’s been four years since I’ve been using Adderall and two months ago my prescription ran out and because I’m out of state until February my APRN won’t refill my script until I return...fast forward I’ve now tried meth...I managed to never try it until now and I’m 48 years old...it feels exactly like Adderall and I’ve even acquired a tolerance already just like when I abuse Adderall...I’m embarrassed by the fact that I’ve smoked meth...I have no friends that abuse drugs to my knowledge...they would be horrified...I keep telling myself speed isn’t my drug of choice so I won’t become an addict...I know that this is denial speaking...fortunately my home state of CT doesn’t have meth yet...lots of cocaine and crack but no meth...time to put the pipe down...
hey, it happens i do have a very liberal view towards drugs, they're there to use and if they help welp, why not ya know, you do you. Speed is like that, it doesn't feel like you NEED it but the benefits tend to bring you back to it because it really isn't all that 'bad' i suppose you're in the states, its unfortunate meth in pill form isn't really a thing in the states, here in eastern canada they manufacture shit tons of them they don't market them as meth rather they simple sell them as 'speed' i don't know if many folks know that theyre using meth, where i last had a 9-5 ugh so many people were blitzed everyday of the week. it does make life smoother forsure just make sure to take care of yourself physically and keep an eye on how much you're using especially when you redose more than a few times /24hrs
i don't share my doses often anymore however, there have been days where i've exceeded a gram worth of adderall (1000mg) so..keep an eye on tolerance because it can get rediculously high and out of hand and it isn't particularly healthy to use too much, but moderate use isn't the end of the world really, don't be embaressed, do your friends atleast accept that you do drugs, i have a similar situationish with one of my closer groups of friends where they don't really dabble with drugs but they've always been cool with my use

you might wana lay off the coke, ugh i use way too much cocaine to even fucking mention it, with meth you can only use so much till its 'that limit' ya probably know what i'm talkin about, but with coke that limit is just nonexistant somtimes. i don't advocate it's use but at the same time, it does alleviate some of my troubles persay my chronic pain i tend to take way less pain meds when smoking coke so, i mean its got pluses the negatives are pretty negative.

hey, it happens i do have a very liberal view towards drugs, they're there to use and if they help welp, why not ya know, you do you. Speed is like that, it doesn't feel like you NEED it but the benefits tend to bring you back to it because it really isn't all that 'bad' i suppose you're in the states, its unfortunate meth in pill form isn't really a thing in the states, here in eastern canada they manufacture shit tons of them they don't market them as meth rather they simple sell them as 'speed' i don't know if many folks know that theyre using meth, where i last had a 9-5 ugh so many people were blitzed everyday of the week. it does make life smoother forsure just make sure to take care of yourself physically and keep an eye on how much you're using especially when you redose more than a few times /24hrs
i don't share my doses often anymore however, there have been days where i've exceeded a gram worth of adderall (1000mg) so..keep an eye on tolerance because it can get rediculously high and out of hand and it isn't particularly healthy to use too much, but moderate use isn't the end of the world really, don't be embaressed, do your friends atleast accept that you do drugs, i have a similar situationish with one of my closer groups of friends where they don't really dabble with drugs but they've always been cool with my use

you might wana lay off the coke, ugh i use way too much cocaine to even fucking mention it, with meth you can only use so much till its 'that limit' ya probably know what i'm talkin about, but with coke that limit is just nonexistant somtimes. i don't advocate it's use but at the same time, it does alleviate some of my troubles persay my chronic pain i tend to take way less pain meds when smoking coke so, i mean its got pluses the negatives are pretty negative.

You're still healthy with no obvious heart issues? I appreciate all the advice in this thread, and I'm all for harm reduction but how could my usage end me up in an emergency room if the dose 10x my amount would not kill a folk? It seems very physically hard to permanently damage your body with the substance.

Absolutely none of my friends know that I recreationally and occasionally abuse drugs...I was addicted to pain pills (oxycodone, methadone, dilaudid) and Xanax about ten years ago and haven’t abused them since with the exception of the occasional Xanax so my friends would be horrified...they would automatically think that I was going to be a full blown addict in no time...because I have no friends that struggled with addiction they wouldn’t understand my rationalization that uppers aren’t my drug of choice...they really aren’t...I’d much rather take opiates but I’ve proven that I can’t recreationally use them without abusing the hell out of them so I tend to stay away...and yes I’m from the states, specifically the northeast...my grandparents were however Canadian and emigrated from the Montreal region in the early 1900’s...I’m curious as to why we don’t have the pill form here in the states? I heard that you also can only get pure Molly in Canada? How true is that? The Molly here isn’t Molly...apparently only 16% of the Molly sold in the states is actually pure MDMA...meth here in the states is primarily in out west and in the central states...the northeast has none to speak of as of yet...

You're still healthy with no obvious heart issues? I appreciate all the advice in this thread, and I'm all for harm reduction but how could my usage end me up in an emergency room if the dose 10x my amount would not kill a folk? It seems very physically hard to permanently damage your body with the substance.
i passed my last full checkup in june with flying colors. I'm also a high-dose opiate user to manage chronic pain, i use quite alot of coke every month, and use amphetamines rather heavily when i'm out of coke, i do take care of myself though. i never miss a meal, and i make sure i'm physically good to go, but i do want to say that this isn't somthing you can look up to its been a very long road for me to get where i'm at right now i can't say i have any bad days though but my regimen is really not for the feint of heart. I don't think an average person can maintain the same, so do be careful please, but at the same time know that as long as you know you're good, and make sure to know your limits, and aim to take less always, i do even if you don't at the end of the day, trying is a good thing.

I have no heart issues to my knowledge...I’m actually a nurse so I can tell you there are possible negative long term cardiac side effects...speed like Adderall increases your blood pressure and heart rate...your heart works overtime and is pumping blood to the rest of your body at a much higher rate than it normally does which in the long run can damage the heart...it all depends on the individual and their health status...I don’t think with less than a few years of abuse you need to be concerned but down the road it could become an issue...

Yeah, it does tremendous damage to your body over time, especially depending on your age. Not only is there the damage it does to your body, but it's super toxic for your brain too. It could cause psychosis the more you binge. That's why I made myself quit because I was scared the next binge would land me in the hospital. Not worth it.

Molly in Canada? How true is that?
i have used mdma 3 times, actually one of those trips was earlier this year, the stuff floating around isn't bad at all i've used both a powder form of it aswell as a crystal form, a couple of my connects have always have mdma, i suppose its popular but i haven't touched the stuff since my last trip which was uhh pretty intense since i was somewhat not 100% i'd been on a crack binge on day 5 or 6 and decided to take mdma orally and also freebased some, it was rather intense, i really only remember bits and pieces of the end of the ride, i ended up waking up on the floor infront of my bed covered in lyrica and morphine lol.

I have no heart issues to my knowledge...I’m actually a nurse so I can tell you there are possible negative long term cardiac side effects...speed like Adderall increases your blood pressure and heart rate...your heart works overtime and is pumping blood to the rest of your body at a much higher rate than it normally does which in the long run can damage the heart...it all depends on the individual and their health status...I don’t think with less than a few years of abuse you need to be concerned but down the road it could become an issue...
i'm alright for now, and i take one day at a time, i rather not look down the road, a car might just drive over me 12 times, the amount of opiates i take tend to balance out the stimulants, i don't often have a high BPM, and my BP was checked out about an hour after i'd taken 240mg of addy about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't all that high i forget what it was at i think it was 92/80 i'm not positive but somthing like that. i very rarely feel very physically stimmed unless i overdo it i want to mention that -No one reading my doses should attempt to take the same because my tolerance is extremely high- once in a blue moon i intentionally dose enough to get myself feeling physically stimmed, but not too often, i concur that it's not healthy to do this regularly, but one day at a time, i also have breaks once in awhile for a week or two and i don't mind the side effects of stimulant withdrawal, theyre nothing compared to opiate wd and only last 2-4 days till i readjust

Yeah, it does tremendous damage to your body over time, especially depending on your age. Not only is there the damage it does to your body, but it's super toxic for your brain too. It could cause psychosis the more you binge. That's why I made myself quit because I was scared the next binge might've landed me in the hospital. Not worth it.
gotta know when enoughs enough. i know when i have to call it i never push to simply use any drug, because as you say it isn't worth it, but i don't mind indulging or going at it for a few days as long as i feel fine but once i feel like its enough, then thats the end of it, a few benzos and sleep it off and more or less take a couple days to fully recuperate back to 100% ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. substances should be #2, you're always #1

Yeah, it does tremendous damage to your body over time, especially depending on your age. Not only is there the damage it does to your body, but it's super toxic for your brain too. It could cause psychosis the more you binge. That's why I made myself quit because I was scared the next binge would land me in the hospital. Not worth it.
The psychosis is actually due to sleep deprivation brought on by the meth...congratulations on quitting, that’s awesome!!!