• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Addiction?

i have used mdma 3 times, actually one of those trips was earlier this year, the stuff floating around isn't bad at all i've used both a powder form of it aswell as a crystal form, a couple of my connects have always have mdma, i suppose its popular but i haven't touched the stuff since my last trip which was uhh pretty intense since i was somewhat not 100% i'd been on a crack binge on day 5 or 6 and decided to take mdma orally and also freebased some, it was rather intense, i really only remember bits and pieces of the end of the ride, i ended up waking up on the floor infront of my bed covered in lyrica and morphine lol.

i'm alright for now, and i take one day at a time, i rather not look down the road, a car might just drive over me 12 times, the amount of opiates i take tend to balance out the stimulants, i don't often have a high BPM, and my BP was checked out about an hour after i'd taken 240mg of addy about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't all that high i forget what it was at i think it was 92/80 i'm not positive but somthing like that. i very rarely feel very physically stimmed unless i overdo it i want to mention that -No one reading my doses should attempt to take the same because my tolerance is extremely high- once in a blue moon i intentionally dose enough to get myself feeling physically stimmed, but not too often, i concur that it's not healthy to do this regularly, but one day at a time, i also have breaks once in awhile for a week or two and i don't mind the side effects of stimulant withdrawal, theyre nothing compared to opiate wd and only last 2-4 days till i readjust
Opiate withdrawal is the absolute worst!!! I’ve been there and it’s my main deterrent for not returning back to those fun days...I truly believe that some people are able to back off a substance for a period of time or quit completely on their own...It took me four years of abuse to quit on my own and 8 months worth of suboxone but I did it...the suboxone withdrawal is equal to a full on opiate withdrawal...I wish I could be an occasional opiate user but I just can’t because I like them too much...I better binge watch Intervention tonight to get my priorities straight again😏

i have used mdma 3 times, actually one of those trips was earlier this year, the stuff floating around isn't bad at all i've used both a powder form of it aswell as a crystal form, a couple of my connects have always have mdma, i suppose its popular but i haven't touched the stuff since my last trip which was uhh pretty intense since i was somewhat not 100% i'd been on a crack binge on day 5 or 6 and decided to take mdma orally and also freebased some, it was rather intense, i really only remember bits and pieces of the end of the ride, i ended up waking up on the floor infront of my bed covered in lyrica and morphine lol.

i'm alright for now, and i take one day at a time, i rather not look down the road, a car might just drive over me 12 times, the amount of opiates i take tend to balance out the stimulants, i don't often have a high BPM, and my BP was checked out about an hour after i'd taken 240mg of addy about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't all that high i forget what it was at i think it was 92/80 i'm not positive but somthing like that. i very rarely feel very physically stimmed unless i overdo it i want to mention that -No one reading my doses should attempt to take the same because my tolerance is extremely high- once in a blue moon i intentionally dose enough to get myself feeling physically stimmed, but not too often, i concur that it's not healthy to do this regularly, but one day at a time, i also have breaks once in awhile for a week or two and i don't mind the side effects of stimulant withdrawal, theyre nothing compared to opiate wd and only last 2-4 days till i readjust
Haha, omg why were you covered in lyrica and morphine? I imagine that you have no idea why!

Haha, omg why were you covered in lyrica and morphine? I imagine that you have no idea why!
not ONE single clue what ended up happening that i woke up like that. i don't really wana know honestly, but i know that i was awake for about 10 days and i somewhat blacked out entirely for the last 3, i haven't gone that hard in quite awhile, its not like i aimed for the whole thing but what happens happens ya know?

Opiate withdrawal is the absolute worst!!! I’ve been there and it’s my main deterrent for not returning back to those fun days...I truly believe that some people are able to back off a substance for a period of time or quit completely on their own...It took me four years of abuse to quit on my own and 8 months worth of suboxone but I did it...the suboxone withdrawal is equal to a full on opiate withdrawal...I wish I could be an occasional opiate user but I just can’t because I like them too much...I better binge watch Intervention tonight to get my priorities straight again😏

Stay strong! Don't go back! The new year is almost here. You want to go into it sober and healthy. ❤️

And thanks guys! Quitting wasn't easy. Even doctors do not understand or know about Adderall withdrawals.

This Quitting Adderall forum was a lifesaver. It made me feel like I wasn't crazy for having certain symptoms.

OP, read people's stories and you won't feel alone while quitting.
They say the longer you abuse Adderall, the longer and harder the withdrawals will be. That's why it's best to quit while you're ahead.

Hopefully you can see this:

If I asked my doctor to lower the dose alot, would most doctors do that? Also I didn't know weekly scripts were possible or how that works. Btw I've come off mild/moderate painkiller addiction so maybe I'm replacing that in a way with adderall, or to cover up the long term blah feeling of adjusting to life without them. But truth be told I have been struggling with depression after coming off of 2 years of painkillers. Sounds rdiculous I know, but I'm against anti-depressants.

I appreciate the advice by the way guys. I should get rid of my script... but like can't force myself to do so if that makes sense? Every time I get close to doing so I back out :/ But I appreciate people saying that they've had similar issues, because before I thought I was the only one with a stimulant pill problem. I hope it is possible to gain control of my usage but could be dreaming. It's like telling a painkiller addict to get rid of his/her script. They know it's in their best interest if it's interfering with their lives but the thought would repulse them.
I totally understand not wanting to get rid of your script...parting with your Adderall almost becomes a grieving process...it’s not necessary to have your Provider lower your script if you’re honestly able to cut back or take them as directed...if you can’t then that’s definitely an option...try cutting back on your own...skip weekends, take them just in the morning or take a week or two break...if you stay honest with yourself just like you have been here you’ll be okay...if you’re unable to do it on your own please have your Provider lower your dose to protect yourself...I said I’d never try meth but I just did recently and the reason I tried it was 100% because I missed my Adderall 🙁

not ONE single clue what ended up happening that i woke up like that. i don't really wana know honestly, but i know that i was awake for about 10 days and i somewhat blacked out entirely for the last 3, i haven't gone that hard in quite awhile, its not like i aimed for the whole thing but what happens happens ya know?
I haven’t been up more than one night after smoking meth thank God...I’ve been up in the past for over three days because I was abusing my Adderall and it made me feel crazy!!! Sleep deprivation is no joke...I truly wish that I was one of those people that are just high on life instead of feeling that I need a drug to feel that great...I’m sober on most days, I don’t even drink, but on my sober days I’m always looking forward to my “using” days...it’s definitely time for an Intervention binge for me...

I have the same exact problem. I have to, need to, find a way to stop taking so much of my own as if I don't control myself (haven't been able to yet) I will go through over 100 tablets in 4 days. The crash is a dreadful, dark thing in which Satan himself comes to me and says "Listen, I know I'm the devil, but this is fucking bad!" It certainly is a horrendous thing to have to endure at your own hand.
You describe the Adderall crash perfectly!!!

LOL! You wouldn't have heard that from me. I think the shit is pure evil and that's why I quit over a year ago.
You’re right when you say it’s totally evil!!! Adderall is speed pure and simple just like meth, crack and cocaine...they are all amphetamines just like morphine, oxycodone, and heroin are all opiates...

You’re right when you say it’s totally evil!!! Adderall is speed pure and simple just like meth, crack and cocaine...they are all amphetamines just like morphine, oxycodone, and heroin are all opiates...
i do want to state that, while they can be viewed your way, the withdrawal effects aren't close to eachother, for example to get back to feeling 'normal' after heavy regular stim use, it doesn't take nearly as long to readjust both physically and psychologically as it does with opiates, 2-5 days tops is usually enough to have me mostly back to 100%

i would like to suggest anyone who binges on stimulants to try to get as much protein as they can, because that's the building blocks to dopamine, or to take L-tyrosine (supplement) which produces dopamine, it's crucial not to diminish all your natural dopamine or else you will feel the side effects significantly more than if you take care of yourself, gotta do it right, i don't have bad comedown and my use is well.. yeah.

These doctors just hand them out to people and they have no idea the hell they are setting them up for...as long as they're paid for getting another patient hooked they don't care. How dare they give this poison to little kids! Parents need to do their research first. I've read ADD forums with parents giving little children Vyvanse, Adderall, etc. It makes me so angry. Little kids shouldn't be strung out on this shit.

Opiates are the big epidemic right now that the government chooses to focus on, but amphetamines should be considered an epidemic as well. It feels amazing at first, but many people are in for a world of hurt when it turns on them.

I went 7 months cold turkey and couldn't take the feeling of wanting to kill myself anymore. I still needed help with ADHD so I tried Concerta. Concerta works better for me. I don't feel like I can't live without it. That's the biggest difference.

There's life after Adderall. OP just needs to get fed up enough to quit.

i do want to state that, while they can be viewed your way, the withdrawal effects aren't close to eachother, for example to get back to feeling 'normal' after heavy regular stim use, it doesn't take nearly as long to readjust both physically and psychologically as it does with opiates, 2-5 days tops is usually enough to have me mostly back to 100%

I disagree. I was on Adderall regularly for a little over a year. My withdrawals were a nightmare and it lasted even 7 months into quitting.

Every one is different. If you binge recreationally every now and then, it's probably not a big deal coming off. It's different when you have a prescription and you've been taking it consistently for a longer time. Those are usually the worst withdrawals.

It varies from person to person it seems. I just know there are many who suffer a long time after quitting and it's not over in a few days.

These doctors just hand them out to people and they have no idea the hell they are setting them up for...as long as they're paid for getting another patient hooked they don't care. How dare they give this poison to little kids! Parents need to do their research first. I've read ADD forums with parents giving little children Vyvanse, Adderall, etc. It makes me so angry. Little kids shouldn't be strung out on this shit.

Opiates are the big epidemic right now that the government chooses to focus on, but amphetamines should be considered an epidemic as well. It feels amazing at first, but many people are in for a world of hurt when it turns on them.

I went 7 months cold turkey and couldn't take the feeling of wanting to kill myself anymore. I still needed help with ADHD so I tried Concerta. Concerta works better for me. I don't feel like I can't live without it. That's the biggest difference.

Concerts is definitely the safer and more logical option as opposed to Adderall...it doesn’t have the abuse potential that Adderall has...its been weeks since I’ve taken mine and I still have symptoms of amphetamine withdrawal...I may have to fess up to my APRN that I need to either completely come off of it, lower my dose or change to Vyvanse or Concerta...congratulations on leaving your Adderall in the dust!!!

you know what i've said that once upon a time to a friend when we discussed it that i don't think kids should be eating adderall but while i'm not a big believer in ADHD or add, i mean, if you technically aren't motived or just simply get distracted while you need to get somthing done, addy is beneficial in its own right, but it has to be respected and if you do keep to theraputic doses (60mg is usually the max/24hr dose i occasionally see people with 90mg but thats after years on it) so the drug has to be respected

Opiates are the big epidemic right now that the government chooses to focus on
This i do not agree with, the epidemic is horse shit, the only thing that brought opiate use to light is that assholes cutting shit with fent were and are still killing people because they profit plain and simple, it is a shitty thing though, while i don't use opiates recreationally i do comprehend how people are able to get hooked especially if they use them to get high but i mean.. you can use heroin, opiates hell any type of em' for life and not really experience anything bad unless you chase a high of some sort and overdo it, but most users know what to take to achieve a certain effect and they stick to that but this fent shit fucks alot of folks over

I disagree. I was on Adderall regularly for a little over a year. My withdrawals were a nightmare and it lasted even 7 months into quitting.

Every one is different. If you binge recreationally every now and then, it's probably not a big deal coming off. It's different when you have a prescription and you've been taking it consistently for a longer time. Those are usually the worst withdrawals.
I think the withdrawals from prescription Adderall can definitely take months on end...although not like the painful physical withdrawal of opiates the psychological effects of rebound anxiety and the debilitating depression that follow can last many many months

I think the withdrawals from prescription Adderall can definitely take months on end...although not like the painful physical withdrawal of opiates the psychological effects of rebound anxiety and the debilitating depression that follow can last many many months
Right, it was the psychological effects I couldn't live with anymore.

you know what i've said that once upon a time to a friend when we discussed it that i don't think kids should be eating adderall but while i'm not a big believer in ADHD or add, i mean, if you technically aren't motived or just simply get distracted while you need to get somthing done, addy is beneficial in its own right, but it has to be respected and if you do keep to theraputic doses (60mg is usually the max/24hr dose i occasionally see people with 90mg but thats after years on it) so the drug has to be respected

This i do not agree with, the epidemic is horse shit, the only thing that brought opiate use to light is that assholes cutting shit with fent were and are still killing people because they profit plain and simple, it is a shitty thing though, while i don't use opiates recreationally i do comprehend how people are able to get hooked especially if they use them to get high but i mean.. you can use heroin, opiates hell any type of em' for life and not really experience anything bad unless you chase a high of some sort and overdo it, but most users know what to take to achieve a certain effect and they stick to that but this fent shit fucks alot of folks over

I laugh at the big deal made over the opiate epidemic.

Why wasn't our government making a big deal over the crack epidemic that ruined many black people's lives? Which by the way, the government supplied black people the crack in the first place. They were in on it.

That's no "conspiracy theory", that's facts. So if they poison an entire race, why is it so hard to believe the other shenanigans they are up to? People are so blind, it's annoying.

Anyway, I'm off to bed guys. Haha 💓

Last edited:
I laugh at the big deal made over the opiate epidemic.
exactly. the amount of opiate users have been more or less the same forever, their just spotlighting the folks who die but they don't mention that the only issue is the Fentanyl, but then at the same time theyre blaming prescription pain meds, when thats totally wrong considering their cutting off people who genuinely need the medication and in turn, contributing the the 'epidemic' because they force people to end up going to the street to get drugs they need for relief which is crazy. then not to mention their going after doctors making them scared to even help pain patients... its a fucked up situation, but lets see what happens when these anti-drug opiate epidemic supporters say when they break a leg or have a major operation and get tylenol instead of a proper opiate to handle the pain.

edit to add- while i don't advocate recreational opiate use, i don't regard it as being the end of the world considering as long as you don't overdo it, the risks aren't nearly as high as say using cocaine or crack/the list goes on, but if you keep to a certain dosage opiates are entirely safe to use forever, hell there are people on methadone for 20 years+ why is that considered perfectly acceptable while they demonize pain meds? its ugh i don't even wana go on about it.

It varies from person to person it seems. I just know there are many who suffer a long time after quitting and it's not over in a few days.

Yeah, but for SOME people it does only take a few days.

I feel really bad about myself cause I went 34 days without but then got another script and have been using again most days for the past month, and I know I want to quit again, but it was the psychological craving that did me in, not the physical withdrawal.

I'll find a way to stop again and go longer than last time, but for me personally I had listened to all these stories of people having months and months of physical withdrawal and it really really scared me and I wish I hadn't listened to those stories because at least FOR ME PERSONALLY it made me much more worried than I needed to be, considering I already have OCD and generalized anxiety disorder, and even after taking between 10-20 mgs one to 2 times daily most days out of a year (there were several times I took 2 days in a row off, a few times I took 3 in a row off but only once did I go 4), in the end it only took me 11 days to pretty much fully regain my energy and no longer feel tired or depressed.

I now wish I hadn't slipped up again, but psychologically addiction is harder than physical withdrawal to beat, and I craved them just like I crave Kratom.

Weird thing is that I literally CANNOT seem to enjoy dexadrine anymore without being on kratom while on it, but I love it when combined.

I still feel terrible slipping up, but it's only been a month now as opposed to a year before, so I know if I can get myself to stop again within the next couple months it's unlikely the physical withdrawal will take 11 days like last time.

But obviously everyone is different, and for some people it does take months, and I'm sorry for that cause I don't know how I'd handle that, and for others it does only take a few days or a few weeks.

Seems an oddly massive variation between times for actual PHYSICAL withdrawal to dissipate, and I'm not really sure what the reason behind that is.

I guess I'd tell someone new to it both sides of the story to begin with, that in some cases it can take days or weeks to get over the withdrawals, and for others months, and that there's no way to know how long it will take you till you stop, and then leave it at that and not get the person worked and assuming that it will definitely take months to get over it, but also don't lull them into a false sense of security that it can't happen. I'd mostly tell them not to dwell on how long it might take to get over the withdrawals until they actually do quit because there's nothing good that can come of worrying about it.