• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin A million and one heroin questions

Is it safe to say that if my friend is fine 2 hours after the bump then he will be fine to pass out for the rest of the night?

He is able to stay awake fine and is even eating a meal as we speak but he feels a bit warm. If it weren't for feeling warm, he would have resumed smoking by now.

You can "come back down" by administering some antagonists...most likely to have on hand is Suboxone/Subutex, but that's not a good idea unless you think OD at the level of medical emergency is likely. I guess this is pointless, since by now he has probly "come back down," but there's not much else you can do in less time than it will take naturally... Maybe St Johns Wort, since it induces liver enzyme metabolism...but even that will probably take longer to kick in than the actual "peak," and will have minimal effects anyway.

You can "come back down" by administering some antagonists...most likely to have on hand is Suboxone/Subutex, but that's not a good idea unless you think OD at the level of medical emergency is likely. I guess this is pointless, since by now he has probly "come back down," but there's not much else you can do in less time than it will take naturally... Maybe St Johns Wort, since it induces liver enzyme metabolism...but even that will probably take longer to kick in than the actual "peak," and will have minimal effects anyway.

Thanks. But my question is if he is OK after 2 hours of taking the bump, will he be ok for the rest of the night?

He's fine. If you guys are worried about it then don't do anymore..

Do not take suboxone or subutex before 24 hrs of your last dose or you will go into withdrawals. Not very fun.

Be safe
~DJ Play~

Thanks. But my question is if he is OK after 2 hours of taking the bump, will he be ok for the rest of the night?

The OD isn't just going to show up out of the blue. It's going to be almost immediate. You are just destroying the purpose of the high by sitting there thinking you're going to od from nodding out a little bit.

I mostly snorted heroin. If I used enough, the peak would last 4-6 hours (2-3 for a lighter dose). The overall duration is 6-8 hours overall.

I don't use heroin now though.

-> 1,000,001 Heroin Q's

yeah if hes ok now after 2 hours hes not gonna o.d. unless he does more. then theres a chance.
It doesn't sound like that guy is really in trouble, but I'd point out that not everyone ODs instantaneously. In fact, from what I've read, it is typical for even after injection not to overdose (fatally) for 2-3 hours or more. (From what I've witnessed/experienced, it can happen both ways, which just makes immediate OD all the scarier.) A poster in another thread asked, so I found a reference here:
Darke, Shane and Zador, Deborah, "Fatal Heroin 'Overdose': A Review." Addiction. 1996; 91(12): pp. 1765-1772.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/library/darke2.cfm

Last edited:
when i cant find a vein and in rush(need the stuff in my body now) i just shoot it in my bum.. like the nurses do to kids. learned it from my dealer

million heroin is a nice thought. as for me, when i cant find a vein and in rush(need the stuff in my body now) i just shoot it in my bum.. like the nurses do to kids. learned it from my dealer

The OD isn't just going to show up out of the blue. It's going to be almost immediate. You are just destroying the purpose of the high by sitting there thinking you're going to od from nodding out a little bit.

Yeah, he was fine. He just felt a bit warm and nauseous. I prefer smoking myself. The rush is more enjoyable and I can function after an hour or two if I happened to smoke a little too much. I also figure that getting addicted is not as easy since it the high diminishes faster.

Depends on the ROA, man. I have OD'd instantly from shooting and OD'd about an hour later after snorting.

Please Help!

My boyfriend is an Herion addict.. He has tried lots of treatments and nothing seems to work.. I have heard that there is something out there that can be inserted in your arm or your vein and it will stop you from being able to get high..of course its done by a doctor.. ive searched online and cant find anything.. if you know anything about it or anything else that might help PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. Iam afraid that one day i will wake up and find him dead.. I dont know what else to do.. PLEASE HELP!! thank you...( hope i have posted this the right way)

Sumshiine^^ I've never heard of such thing n I don't believe that's out there, but who knows scientist n doctors have came up with some amazing things lately.

There are several things out there such as methadone, suboxone and rapid detox. There has been a bunch of deaths from the rapid detox tho n it is very expensive. Methadone (I wouldn't recommend it), it's harder to get off then what he's using now (heroin). What I highly suggest is suboxone it is amazing! This miracle drug can be prescribed from a locol doctor n you can monitor him with his subs by giving him the recommended dose each day, while holding on to his prescription. Does he have insurance? If not the prescription can be quit expensive, but it is all worth it!!

I've been on suboxone for a week now n it has saved my life. I'm off from a gram a day heroin addiction. I feel like I already have my life back n it's only been 7 days. Me n my girl have money for a lot of shit now (dates, new clothes etc), I used to spend every penny of mine on drugs. I think everyday "how the hell did I have $100 for a g of H everyday (lol)".

Best of luck
~DJ Play~

PS: Be strong n stay by his side, he has a really good girl to be helping him like this. Also, be aware that opiate addiction is really really hard to overcome, he's not gna wake up one day n be clean. I do not recommend quiting cold turkey, it was impossible for me n pointless cuz I wouldn't last but 12 hours. Google for a sub doc in your area. Good luck!

My boyfriend is an Herion addict.. He has tried lots of treatments and nothing seems to work.. I have heard that there is something out there that can be inserted in your arm or your vein and it will stop you from being able to get high..of course its done by a doctor.. ive searched online and cant find anything.. if you know anything about it or anything else that might help PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. Iam afraid that one day i will wake up and find him dead.. I dont know what else to do.. PLEASE HELP!! thank you...( hope i have posted this the right way)

That's called a naltrexone implant. Search on here, someone recently got one and posted pics of it and experience, it seemed to be working well for him. It is a pellet inserted under the skin then stitched closed and it releases naltrexone for 4-12 months which is an opiate antagonist and will make getting high impossible or extremely difficult and wasteful.

I would say look into a suboxone program.

sumshiine if he hasn't tried subutex or suboxone before i think that may be his best option. i use it to kick when i need to and most everyone else i know who uses uses them to kick as well. he'll definitely still be sick, but he'll be feeling alot better alot faster than he would if he just tried kicking cold turkey. methadone is another option, but it''s already been stated above that methadone is hard to come off of as well, while subutex and suboxone aren't even close to as bad to come off of. i'd look them up online and try to find a doctor near by who can help.

also its great that ur helping him out, it''s much easier to have the support of people who care about u than trying to do it alone. he will be grumpy and an asshole at times i am positive, but his body's going through a buncha changes in getting all his shit running back in order. As long as u understand that and can stick with him, and he wants to beat it and if u help him beat it he will be unbelievably grateful to u forever, or at least he should be...many people would have just bailed on their boyfriend upon learning he's got a heroin habit.