9th Issue Heroin Discussion v. quit drooling on yo keyboard

When do you smoke cigarettes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SWEET, thanks for the 'Opium Brides' link. I've been looking for a (new/unseen) doc on Heroin/Opioids to watch. My night has been revived. Aaand another sniff for the night. No use pokin around.. :|
-watching it now. Double screening it/split screenin it.

someone right this date down and lets visit this 9months from now.

When I IV'd I was like what the fuck is this feeling, I don't like it! That's not the only reason I just continue to sniff my dope, but it's one of them. It's just such a hassle, even though I can hit in a second on my own. I also don't like having to worry if the shot is going to kill me. What's the fun in that? I know a lot of people that have died from IV heroin overdoses, so it is surely a possibility. I spent too much time worrying about ODing after I hit, that I couldn't even enjoy the high. Also, with using less often you gotta worry about if your tolerance dropped a lot, which can lead to an OD.

Sniffing is just a smoother high for me, and it takes a second to sniff dope, so even though I can hit in a second, the prep work to IVing safely takes a while, and can't be done just anywhere.

No joke, just about everyone I know that IVs, has been homeless at some point due to their family disowning them after they stole shit from them. Be careful if you keep booting up. I know it sounds stereotypical saying that all people that IV end up that way, but that's just how I have seen it first hand.

im up to like 9or10people on my OD list

seems like a good enough reason for me

Those are f'ing great reasons. I think I'll end up a 'sniffa fo life'. Well, one hopes, eh? I mean - can you guys say you'll ALWAYS be non-users of the needle? I'm as sure as I can be right now, you know?

I really AM too much of a pansy (;))to even LOOK at my arm when someone helps me hit. I just can't seem to PUSH it in more than a couple mm's into the skin. Also, it's inconvenient to go ALL the way to the 'nearest' exchange every once in a while. All I need is a straw and something to crush with, and the nose is the way to go, at any time, no piercing of the skin necessary. Also, the high may not be so 'initially' intense, but it sure as hell is great, and lengthy!

and really? You guys know that many people who have OD'd? (personally?) I know of 2. Then, I've only been 'in the game' for about 6 months. How long for all of you?

curiosity killed the cat......

I tried the needle with my oxy, loved it, found powder H, and almost let it ruin my life. I'm clean now and all but a lot of people that let that curiosity get to them dont end up the same way.

Those are f'ing great reasons. I think I'll end up a 'sniffa fo life'. Well, one hopes, eh? I mean - can you guys say you'll ALWAYS be non-users of the needle? I'm as sure as I can be right now, you know?

I really AM too much of a pansy (;))to even LOOK at my arm when someone helps me hit. I just can't seem to PUSH it in more than a couple mm's into the skin. Also, it's inconvenient to go ALL the way to the 'nearest' exchange every once in a while. All I need is a straw and something to crush with, and the nose is the way to go, at any time, no piercing of the skin necessary. Also, the high may not be so 'initially' intense, but it sure as hell is great, and lengthy!

and really? You guys know that many people who have OD'd? (personally?) I know of 2. Then, I've only been 'in the game' for about 6 months. How long for all of you?

It seems to be 2-3 people each year that I know that have OD'd. It's only been 2 in the last 2 years, but that's probably since there are less left. And these aren't just people that I know of, these are people that I have personally chilled with, been to their houses, etc... I've been in the dope game since November 2006. I've been off dope longer than I've been on it during that time though, due to 2 years of probation, plus going away to school after that.

Nobody could say that they will never IV. I have done it on occasion, and after doing it 2x in the same week a few months ago, I decided to stop before I got too deep into it. TBH, the only times I IV'd it was when I only had a little bit left that I knew wouldn't really get me high if I sniffed it. I've never had enough to get high by sniffing, and went with IV, other than 1x with oxy, and I still ate 1, sniffed 1, IV'd 1.

I started not to long ago maybe couple weeks ago can't remember, I can say id probly never iv don't like the idea of it n it just scares me, but is there a diffrence in how long it last sniffing or iv? Bc one kid I do it with once in a while allways trys telling me sniffing is such a waste and shit so if anyone nos if he's just an idiot or right?

Well I think most will say snorting might last a little longer actually. The reason people shoot is because the BA is 100% and it all hits you at once where as snorting the drug only gets ya 50 to maybe 70% BA. Obviously you can use less of the drug when IVing so in that sense he's right. There are pros and cons to both ROAs and for me I choose to snort. Asside from OD danger IV users have to deal with alot more, like abscesses, collapsed veins and even the simple fact that they have to get clean rigs.

^ To add to that, most people that make the switch only use less to get high for a little while, and then their tolerance jumps even higher than when they were sniffing. Since the drug is eliminated faster when IVing, there is a need to dose more often, which leads to that tolerance spike. So to people that have been IVing for a while, it would be a waste for them to go back to snorting since they would need more, but for people that don't make the switch, there really isn't a need to if the intent is to be using less, because you will soon be using more.

I started not to long ago maybe couple weeks ago can't remember, I can say id probly never iv don't like the idea of it n it just scares me, but is there a diffrence in how long it last sniffing or iv? Bc one kid I do it with once in a while allways trys telling me sniffing is such a waste and shit so if anyone nos if he's just an idiot or right?

he's right, IV is def the best ROA for heroin. its not like sniffing it doesnt work, but IV gets you a lot higher on a lot less dope

yeah it sucks that it is so hard to find veins. wish i could just snort it or even smoke it. good luck tommyboy on your recovery. hope to join ya one day when i am ready!

The last time I shot up was in May. 3-day binger on the 4th day when I woke up and went to get out of bed I collapsed because my calves were so cramped. I never had that happen before, I don't know if my muscles were locked up all night but I had to crawl everywhere throughout the house for about 6 hours.

giving up on trying to be sober. my friend just gave me a bag for driving him somewhere. fuck it.

warning to my dope friends: a VERY strong/dangerous stamp going around the NY area. it has an image of a needle and says "straight vein" on it. all in black. really small bags, but my freind just called me saying his brother (who can iv a bag and a half at a time) just fell out after doing just one.

Last edited:
yeah im going to allways stick with snorting it seems to last me a long ass time as to when my friend shoots hes doing it alot more often then myself.....feeling good right now from like 4 hours ago so i cant complaine

iive been doin dope for almost 2 years not and i plan on sticin with snorting..sure id like to try it but its not worth it to me...every one who has died has done so when they made the switch..one person OD the first time they got hit and i know one other who died the first time they did by themself, the others all OD sometime after the switch and all of them within a year of doing so..

and out of those 8-9people i know whpo have OD i would say 6-7 have been friends and the other 2 where people i know anc hung out with but are a couple grades younger, basically they where one of my exs little sisters friends..so i saw them alot and chilland and hung out with them but i would never call them to hang out one on one

Shooting up really ain't that different from snorting. They both will grab ahold of you I you don't watch it. I've been using IV as my main ROA for years but can still remember the days of a strung out snorter. I did alot of fucked up things to get high way before the needle. Yea there are a couple small differences but the lifestyle is the lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.