9th Issue Heroin Discussion v. quit drooling on yo keyboard

When do you smoke cigarettes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooting up really ain't that different from snorting. They both will grab ahold of you I you don't watch it. I've been using IV as my main ROA for years but can still remember the days of a strung out snorter. I did alot of fucked up things to get high way before the needle. Yea there are a couple small differences but the lifestyle is the lifestyle.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone is saying that snorters are any less junkies. As I sit here reading this I'm squirming in my seat with a runny nose, just waiting to cop in the morning. Switching to IV definitely complicates things though.

Shooting up really ain't that different from snorting. They both will grab ahold of you I you don't watch it. I've been using IV as my main ROA for years but can still remember the days of a strung out snorter. I did alot of fucked up things to get high way before the needle. Yea there are a couple small differences but the lifestyle is the lifestyle.

i feel ya.. no matter what way you use heroin, youre gona nod out.

there is a differance bro

like i said i know people who used opiates for years and with in 10months of switching they are dead..sure theres others who shoot and are ok but still..its like playing playing russian roulette

I gotta say its a great site with what seems to be really great non judgmental people that have given me answers to things that helped me allready, and iv only been on a week, thanks people! ps whos making a new one? lol sorry im still very new to this site ha

there is a differance bro

like i said i know people who used opiates for years and with in 10months of switching they are dead..sure theres others who shoot and are ok but still..its like playing playing russian roulette

def, IV is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.. i cannot stress that enough. tbh i am lucky i am sittin here typing this, there are many times i have IV'd stupid quantities of dope. Times where I would fall out right away and wake up 4 or 5 hours later suuuuper fucked up. (yall IV users know what im talkin bout?)

def, IV is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.. i cannot stress that enough. tbh i am lucky i am sittin here typing this, there are many times i have IV'd stupid quantities of dope. Times where I would fall out right away and wake up 4 or 5 hours later suuuuper fucked up. (yall IV users know what im talkin bout?)

I agree i shouldnt be here either. I only had what you talking about happen once when i found some powder here in LR. 5 caps in a shot and i woke up like 5 hours later at my apartment and fiance freaking out about how i just went to sleep for a long time and wouldnt wake up but breathing fine.

I'm definitely not saying that snorting makes you less of a junkie, and I sure as hell know people that are snorters and are strung out as much as some IV users, and in some cases worse. It just seems that most people that stick to snorting have a little more control over their use, and I personally don't know of anybody that has overdose from sniffing dope, although it certainly does happen.

A few of the people that I know that died from IV heroin, had a couple non-fatal overdoses prior to their fatal one. It seems that most IV users have at least had 1 non-fatal overdose, and one has to be extremely careful if they are taking any other CNS depressants (particularly benzos) along with their dope.

I actually know someone that was a good kid, and was basically just a beer drinking frat guy. Well one night he ate an 80mg oxy, not knowing how strong it was, and he continued to drink a lot of beer. Nobody at the party knew that he had eaten the oxy, and when he passed out he was snoring so loud that everybody just went into another room. He never woke up, and his best friend found him dead the next morning when he went to wake him up for a ride home.

Edit: So fanthom, what's good with B.V? You said you rung in the new year with her. Where has she been since then, stashed in your closet or something? ;)

Last edited:
No doubt IV is dangerous for sure! 1) a friend just OD'ed in his bathroom cpl wks ago I was on THAT run w/ him. 2) today after going to the needle exchange van I had a friend hit for me. I had SUPER piercing burning THROB in my left palm, Hot like fire and stabbing like a knife. My arm and hand are swollen as fuck. Weird/Scary.. and I definitely will ONLY be insufflating for a bit.

I guess the whole OD thing with the needle is true in a way. But, like you said it mainly happens when mixing shit. My girl died from an OD and she didn't use the needle. She was a snorter, and I guess all the different drugs was enough to do it. That's why I sayin everything is basically the same. It boils down to HR in every aspect of the term.

yea that iv shit just scares the crap out of me, like yous have all said i just know so many people that have od lived or died from iv, and i know it does happen but i myself cant think of a single person that i know of that od from sniffing h.......... also today was the first time i went alone to cop in the open air market before that i allways had a friend go wit me and do it to get it, but i allways had to give him a bag or two, anyone else been like that before, too nervous at first to cop alone in open air market? or maybe im just a bitch lol but camden's and baddddd place, (sorry if im not suposed to say the city)

not_this_shit_again.jpeg

I guess the whole OD thing with the needle is true in a way. But, like you said it mainly happens when mixing shit. My girl died from an OD and she didn't use the needle. She was a snorter, and I guess all the different drugs was enough to do it. That's why I sayin everything is basically the same. It boils down to HR in every aspect of the term.

First off, man im sorry about your girl. I know thats gota be rough..

Also, I see what you mean by saying everything is the same. But, the way I see it is IV is definitely the most dangerous way to use a drug (heroin). Even if you're not on anything else, ya know? All those times I fell out, it was just dope, no benzos or nothin else.

But def, benzos are hella dangerous, even on their own, and especially with other downers, like booze or dope.

IDK what im tryin to say. Just be carefull out there yall. Think things through before you do them. Hopefully I will reach at least one of you.. :)

Yea man, it certainly does come down to HR. I'm sure that most of us have at least seen part of The OxyContin Express documentary, and the dude in it's girlfriend had actually died from and overdose from smoking or sniffing Oxy, or maybe a combo of both. I know we all hate on the smoking roa when it comes to pills, and most say that it is damn near impossible to OD via the smoking route, but it definitely does happen, and I have heard of people ODing from smoking fentanyl.

This is why no matter the ROA, it is important to have someone with you that can call an ambulance if you overdose, and it is also why I feel that narcan should be made available to anybody OTC. I mean, what is the harm in allowing anybody to pick up some vials of narcan, and they even have the nasal sprays that are basically nasal syringes. You can't get high off of it, so why not make it more available. Worst that someone would do with it is play a cruel joke on a using buddy by spraying it up their nose when they are nodding, in which case the person will kick their ass while going through precipitated withdrawals, and maybe projectile vomit on them for good measure. 8o

Seriously though, the antidote for something that so many people die from every day is available. It is asinine that you can't just walk into any pharmacy and get it. I'm glad to see some progress being made in the availability of narcan even in the few years that I have been an educated user, but it is not enough. Especially when they are more than happy to label current heroin and other prescription opiate abuse as an epidemic.

I figured so much (regarding the artery). Man - f'ing sucks balllllsss. Keeping a good eye, it's looking a bit better (still super swollen) and I'll see how it is in the morning - go from there.

Anyway -- anyone with some light anecdote regarding there days of late?!:D

(EDIT)

And, true! Haven't seen BV around here for quite a while!

Last edited:
Yea man, it certainly does come down to HR. I'm sure that most of us have at least seen part of The OxyContin Express documentary, and the dude in it's girlfriend had actually died from and overdose from smoking or sniffing Oxy, or maybe a combo of both. I know we all hate on the smoking roa when it comes to pills, and most say that it is damn near impossible to OD via the smoking route, but it definitely does happen, and I have heard of people ODing from smoking fentanyl.

This is why no matter the ROA, it is important to have someone with you that can call an ambulance if you overdose, and it is also why I feel that narcan should be made available to anybody OTC. I mean, what is the harm in allowing anybody to pick up some vials of narcan, and they even have the nasal sprays that are basically nasal syringes. You can't get high off of it, so why not make it more available. Worst that someone would do with it is play a cruel joke on a using buddy by spraying it up their nose when they are nodding, in which case the person will kick their ass while going through precipitated withdrawals, and maybe projectile vomit on them for good measure. 8o

Seriously though, the antidote for something that so many people die from every day is available. It is asinine that you can't just walk into any pharmacy and get it. I'm glad to see some progress being made in the availability of narcan even in the few years that I have been an educated user, but it is not enough. Especially when they are more than happy to label current heroin and other prescription opiate abuse as an epidemic.

some good points ya made tommy! especially narcan. youre right, "they" (media) are calling opiate abuse an epidemic, yet narcan is not made available to users, which is fucked up you know.. that could save so many lives, its a shame narcan is not widely available to users..

Status
Not open for further replies.