• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

Have been lucky enough to come across some. Smokes nicely, not harsh and very rushy...that rush hits your brain like a ton of bricks. Best to be sitting down to puff this shit!

The whole 'meth isn't ice' argument is absurd. It's just slang, slang is relative, if 99.9% of the population think ice means meth, then ice means meth. There's no official drug slang lexicon.

true on one level, but i find this one interesting on another, because from my observation of media reports, "ice" was first used to distinguish 4-MAR from meth... and then becomes a nickname for meth.

you see this a lot, where people will try to assign an experience they've had of a drug being much more powerful one time to its being "different," or even "laced," without actual testing to back it up.

sometimes younger users even make category errors like this: "kush" or "kb" is altogether different from marijuana per se, so that you can get higher on it than you ever could on "mids"; "MDA" is just stronger "ecstacy" (instead of a different chemical altogether), "molly" is a different chemical from MDMA (rather than a generally purer form of the same chemical), etc., etc. I'm sure there are many other examples.

Sometimes the terminology doesn't matter, but sometimes important things hang on it that people don't grasp--that "kb" and pot and hash are the same chemical mix (roughly), while MDA and MDMA are not.

One interesting place where RCs have an advantage over the more famous illegal substances--names are less important than the chemical formula, the chemical tends to be pure (from the reputable sources), & if a source fails to provide the item correctly word gets out quickly. One can feel much more confident that 2c-i is 2ci-i than one normally can about "ice," "e," "molly," "glass," even after rough reagent testing...

OMG, can you even imagine if people started calling "2c-t-2" "2c-d"? The horror...

I find it pretty interesting, even if I agree that there is no official drug slang lexicon!

I live in the United States and I have only seen and read about 4-MAR on an online drug chemistry site,and sccording to it 4-MAR is very rare and very costly if you were even able to find it as its synthesis is not familiar to many people in The United States or Canada and it's much easier to produce methamphetamine,so I suppose thats why it has not caught on as far as most people know.The site does mention it has very long lasting effects from small amounts(smoked) compared to amounts needed of smoked crystal meth to last that long..but I don't know much about it other than that..there are no user reports on there to tell more so thats what little I know..Good day all

It does last ages...last time I puffed was Sunday noon and have only just been able to get a couple hours of proper sleep.

When I got it as a research chemical in 2001 or around that time it was very cheap per gram and half a point kept you buzzing into psychosis for 3 days. I dont find it that clean. It gives me tunnel vision. Its more recreational for party stuff then meth though. Meth for recreation is horrible, its the boredom or tradesman drug.

u4ea

Been looking for 4-methyl-aminorex forever. I've only known one person to have ever tried it and he felt it blew MA out of the water. Particularly as a person who preferred its long lasting effects, using stimulants in self medicating fashion for productivity. He contributed to the early description of 4-methyl-aminorex on Erowid, not sure if its still in the archives as I haven't looked for about a decade now.

Ever since I've always wanted a taste. But with the pecursors more difficult to obtain than those for meth, it's not surprising that it's become a botique item. Those that can obtain it should feel particularly blessed. =D

^ I have heard 4MAR is a damn good substitute, yet to try it myself but I am hopeful it is true.

As far as substituting other drugs for meth, I am not convinced it is a great idea. There isn't really a benefit in my eyes to keep them dependant on stimulants, also, with OMT the drugs you are given actually hinder your ability to get high on other opioids. As far as I am aware, no drug you could substitute for meth would prevent meth from working, so the addict could end up using the same amount of meth on top of another stimulant and make their addiction even worse.

I tried this stuff tonight and it is AMAZING! Best drug I have tried yet. You know I have done pretty much every common recreational stimulant bar crack (dex, meth, coke, ritalin, MDPV, etc.) and never thought anything would ever really touch methamphetamine, boy was I happy to be proven wrong!

For me personally it gives the exact same body high as meth and gives the classic alertness and general stimmed up feeling but more focused where meth can be erratic at times. It seemed to give me less physical effects than meth, like less sweating and don't notice the sped up heart rate nearly as much.

Probably made me a little less talkative than meth would, but it also made me considerably less paranoid, keeping this in mind it is probably a better social drug.

I smoked about 80mg and think I would have to toke well over a point of the great meth/ice I have sampled this year to be on the same level. GREAT stuff! Without going into specific prices it is more costly than the good shards doing the rounds, but well worth splashing out for. ;)

It burned pretty clean in the pipe, it has left a little stain but I am pretty sure it was from one of my mates who is less experienced just burning their share a little. I got FAT fucking clouds, as big as I have ever gotten off meth. It was pretty damn cold but I held every hit as long as I could and it looked like I was exhaling bong rips when I let it out.

I think someone asked if it crackled in the pipe, I didn't notice it doing this but there was music in the backround so there could of been a faint crackle I missed. Had my last pipe at 2pm and have just munched some seroquel and valium, gonna smoke bongs soon. I hope its enough to knock me out haha. It does seem to last a long time, a meth high would be tapering down for me by now but this shit is going strong.

I smoked about 80mg and think I would have to toke well over a point of the great meth/ice I have sampled this year to be on the same level.
I got FAT fucking clouds, as big as I have ever gotten off meth. It was pretty damn cold but I held every hit as long as I could and it looked like I was exhaling bong rips when I let it out.

Now, I know this is the norm in meth culture, but I don't understand your vaporization and inhalation technique. Why do you exhale anything at all? If there are visible clouds being exhaled, that's meth/4mar you're exhaling and wasting. Have you ever tried taking much smaller hits, small enough that you can hold them in until you exhale clear? You might only need 20mg or 40mg if you do it this way...

Over the years I've changed my cannabis smoking technique so that it's hard to get a fair share of smoke out of a group rotation. Before I lost it recently, I had one of those metal one-hitter bat pipes that I smoked pot and hash out of. I would pack it with "one hit" and never let the direct flame touch it, and inhale slowly so as not to get a cherry going really. It'd often take me 3-6 hits to clear a very loosely packed one hitter bowl. I'm smoking a joint right now that I've had to relight 4 times because I'm hitting it too slow and light to keep it going. Each hit I hold in until I'm feeling the suffocation of raised CO2 levels, usually 20-40 seconds. Sometimes the pipe or joint gets through the rotation and back to me and I'm still holding my tiny hit in. I rarely exhale visible smoke during this process. I notice I use way less material than others, despite my large tolerance from chronic dosing.

Yeah I don't understand why meth smokers like blowing out big clouds of smoke. I always try and hold it in til I don't blow anything visible at all, or otherwise breathe it into someone else's mouth or into a balloon. Always lots of laughs when I used to ask my ex 'blow in my mouth!!' after he took a hit 8);)

Yeah, I know technically blowing out big hits can be a waste. I do hold the hit as long as possible before exhaling but I do enjoy big puffs. A lot of the reason I smoke meth as opposed to other ROA is the enjoyment of the act of smoking, part of the enjoyment for me is taking fat hits.

When you think about it, higher purity gear gets you more fucked than low quality gear can just because the purity gets more drug to your brain quicker. In theory taking bigger puffs compared to small puffs would get you more fucked up by the same logic, as in, more meth hitting your brain quicker.

I laugh at people who try and boast about the size clouds they get and think its a good thing, and like I said I try hold them. Slipknot1 asked if it gave fat clouds like meth does and I was merely answering the question.

If someone with access to this stuff has Simons and Robadope reagents, would they mind doing the tests please?

4-MAR should give a reaction colour with Robadope and nothing with Simons. I say should, because there's nothing in the literature afaik and the oxazoline group may possibly interfere with the nitroprusside reactions. Still, if a Robadope is negative but Simons gives a positive, then it's highly probable the substance in question isn't 4-MAR.

+ obvious marquis reactions p_d... i'd say to couple marquis with an amine check you'd be hitting the nail right on the head.

Marquis should bubble with no colour change.

Here's an old thread from circa 2004 which some of you might find interesting.

4-methylaminorex, reagent indications

As can be seen, a sample of what was rumoured to be 4-MAR produced a dirty brown with Marquis and nothing with Mandelin but a weak result with Simons and nothing with Robadope (kit may have passed it's used by date). So according to those presumptive tests, that stuff wasn't meth or 4-MAR (if MrIbis' quoted Marquis reaction is correct)

I forgot to say also, this stuff tastes VERY similar to meth when smoked. Also it causes significantly less jaw clenching than methamphetamine does. The jaw clenching is still present, but it isn't quite so exaggerated and the urge is considerably easier to resist.

So have you found repeated dosing to be just as euphoric?

I ask, because f&b claimed 4-MAR became undesirable fairly quickly, and other reports indicate the euphoria isn't as good as you guys are reporting. Also, at my meeting with the chemist the other day, I brought up the topic. He said firstly that we don't see it because the euphoria isn't pleasant, which is more in line with f&bs comments and others I've heard. Surprised also to hear the vapour "tastes" like meth.

How about some reagent tests people? Come on drug_mentor, you seem to have plenty of energy atm ;)

I'll reagent test it this week.

I've found redosing pretty effective. I was under the impression it was less common because the synth is from PPA, which isn't available in Aus.

I did find redosing euphoric. I had 100mg of clear shards that were claimed (from a VERY reliable source) to be 4 methylaminorex. I was with two friends who were not interested until they saw how many puffs I got off around 10mg loaded in the pipe.

I ended up giving my two mate's around 10mg each and it took me a good 2-3 hours to finish it. It shitted me off because I would of smoked it in one go, but my mate who's house I was at kept getting paranoid his mum was going to wake up and come out. I didn't notice any reduction in euphoria and there was certainly no point it became "undesirable". I guess I didn't really use a shitload at 80mg, but right now I would say its the best stim I have had to date. I knocked myself out at 8am with valium, seroquel and weed, when I woke at 3pm I still felt mildly stimulated.

I have no more of this currently in my possession and no reagents. I was actually meant to attend a function on Friday where I would have had access to Marquis reagent but unfortunately it didn't pan out.

Perhaps it's worth someone saving an empty bag in case opportunity arises for a GCMS. 1-2mg would suffice. There are a few other candidates, including the fluoro derivative which has had a bit of mention lately.