• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

i for one can't even see why this topic is relevant.. 4-mar is next to nonexistant in todays world, and unless the cooks get a bit smarter, since the precursors are probably more available now than before (consider pseudoephedrine and p2p are hard to come by).... well you're not likely to see it anymore

From what i understand 4MAR is alot more mentally hektik in comparison to meth, and also lasts alot longer so alot more people loop it on 4MAR

And 4MAR is WAY easier to make because precursors are easy to get ahold of.

Last edited:
shabu is what they call ice in asia, there is no cutters and it is pure methylamphetamine

Shabu used to be pure methamphetamine. The Japanese military had stockpiles of meth left over from the second world war and the street name for that was 'shabu'. The Japanese banned meth in 1951, but it's production only went underground.

Today 'shabu' aka 'ya ba' is increasingly a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine, especially in Thailand, Indonesia and the Phillipines.

I'm sure you can still get near pure meth sold as shabu, but it is less and less common now days.

I definitely would not say that it's pure methamphetamine with 'no cutters'

Ya ba aka shabu

Methamphetamine

yaba is the only place where they have caffeine and meth pills, the other places it is all crystal

^ I have been lead to believe it goes on in numerous other South East Asian countries as well, I have never been though so who knows...

one of my mates told me of doing yaba in thailand... pretty scary ordeal really... doing meth in a SEA country

^ Fucking oath! I am wary of travelling such places, when sober I would have the good sense to stay away but get a few drinks in me and I make bad decisions. Pretty much would avoid all places that have a similar approach to "the drug scourge" as Thailand as I really wouldn't trust myself to behave if oppurtunities presented themselves.

And 4MAR is WAY easier to make because precursors are easy to get ahold of.

For some reason I highly doubt that. Why don't we see more 4-MAR then?

thailand with yaba is the only place they add caffeine and make it pill form

I have seen caffeine/meth combo's sold all over SE Asia and their are numerous articles on it's use/abuse in these countries.

Where do you get this information?

Most of Thailand's yaba used to come from Burma which also exported to many other SE Asian countries. It is far from localized to Thailand, but it is probably most common in Thailand.

This illegal drug combination is especially popular in Thailand, where it is imported from neighboring Burma, Laos and Cambodia

Ya ba aka shabu

Last edited:
the late 90s i always heard ppl call crystal 'shabu' then through the media it suddenly started getting the nick 'ice'
i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed that

Last edited:
the late 90s i always heard ppl call crystal 'shabu' then through the media it suddenly started getting the nick 'ice'
i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed that

Wasn't it harsh to smoke in the pipe?

i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed th

Did you still get fat clouds like you do on methamp?

^ I've heard Hawaiian Ice used as a name for a few things, like meth or a combo of meth and something else. I wonder what it originally referred to, Google doesn't turn up much.

I have a friend from Hawaii who was really into meth for a while.
She asked me if I had ever heard of Hawaii Ice before, I said I hadn't. She told me that it was very pure methamphetamine that had generally been coloured blue, sometimes other colours like pink.

Wasn't 4mar though. She had never seen it there before.

Was it harsh to smoke in the pipe?
Did you get fat clouds like smoking methamp?

WHEN you smoked 4MAR

I believe I tried it around late 2005 & early 06. I was introduced to both high quality meth and 4-mar in the same weekend.

I obtained through a dealer (friend of a friend) who was mildly knowledgeable of drugs and also owned a test kit. Claimed it did react differently to the right reagent when I questioned him. All of his regulars now opted for 4mar at a minor increase in cost. Everyone said it was better, cleaner and longer lasting.

I felt similar things on both drugs, but 4mar from memory didn’t have that fried almost panic rush state that I get with meth. This becomes particularly evident in three+ day benders. I preferred meth more as I personally had more fun when out with it, but 4mar was probably better at home. I don’t recall 4mar making our entire group get up and dance like idiots at home simply because a good song was put on. I do however recall our group conversations were far more focused and group involved we all seemed to be talking about the same subject matter. Whereas, our group on meth would bounce around from subject to subject, off in tangents and never delve too deep into one thing before moving onto the next.

I can’t accurately comment and how it burnt in the pipe as, I could barely smoke meth correctly back then. Don’t remember it being harsh at all and it exhaled exactly the same as meth in thick white clouds.

Was it 4mar? Who knows, I never personally tested it, but I sure did I enjoy it!

I believe I tried it around late 2005 & early 06. I was introduced to both high quality meth and 4-mar in the same weekend.

I obtained through a dealer (friend of a friend) who was mildly knowledgeable of drugs and also owned a test kit. Claimed it did react differently to the right reagent when I questioned him. All of his regulars now opted for 4mar at a minor increase in cost. Everyone said it was better, cleaner and longer lasting.

I felt similar things on both drugs, but 4mar from memory didn’t have that fried almost panic rush state that I get with meth. This becomes particularly evident in three+ day benders. I preferred meth more as I personally had more fun when out with it, but 4mar was probably better at home. I don’t recall 4mar making our entire group get up and dance like idiots at home simply because a good song was put on. I do however recall our group conversations were far more focused and group involved we all seemed to be talking about the same subject matter. Whereas, our group on meth would bounce around from subject to subject, off in tangents and never delve too deep into one thing before moving onto the next.

I can’t accurately comment and how it burnt in the pipe as, I could barely smoke meth correctly back then. Don’t remember it being harsh at all and it exhaled exactly the same as meth in thick white clouds.

Was it 4mar? Who knows, I never personally tested it, but I sure did I enjoy it!

I noticed this too. More MDMa-esqua conversations without the slurred speech and fish memory =D

Great drug for a quiet one at home.

I noticed this too. More MDMa-esqua conversations without the slurred speech and fish memory

Great drug for a quiet one at home.

How was the smoke? harsh, how were the clouds big clouds?