• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-I Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

^At lower doses (under 12-15mg) it seems to have a more "amphetamine" effect. Some people find it quite speedy and unpleasant, but opush it a bit higher (20-25mg) and its a flat-out psychedelic. I find it very visual at about 25mg's.

Its a "good" first time psychedelic as it doesn't create the thought loops and other odditties as much as LSD for example. That said, its still a psychedelic and does have all those attributes. But its more a "light and laughter" type drug. Very fun :)

i agree.. zero mindfuck at 20-22mg doses for me.. at what dosage does it become more mindfucking? and what would be a more intense dose?

Imo 25 seems like a good dose where it starts getting more psychedelic.

Maybe you guys aren't doing enough or something? I always get some mental component to it, even at 18-20mg (although it's not forceful at all there, I have to go looking for it). I did 30mg a month ago or so and there was definitely a lot of thinking to it, but I think that dose is over-doing it a bit.

What kind of environment are you guys doing it in? I find a hard time believing you would find zero "mind fuck" taking 25mg by yourself. Granted it might not be quite the mind fuck as lsd or 2ce, but there's still something there.

highest i have had was on 22mg and had very slight CEVs but very nice OEVs
increased tactile sensation, sound appreciation, feel happy etc.. not much mindfuck..
i took it at home by myself..

will try a 25-28mg dose next time and will report in =D

Yea I'd definitely bump it up a bit. 22mg was pretty rough when I took i the day after taking mdma though......but i attribute that to not sleeping very well and being a dumbass taking it the day after mdma.

I'd do 25 first, that's when most people say it starts getting more psychedelic. However once you start going up more than that there is a bit more body load ime, and you feel much more worn out afterwards.

I've done it up to 40mg and loved it at that dose. The body load was actually less disturbing for me at higher dosages, and there's certainly a strong mental component to it at 30mg+, although yeah, it's not pushy or anything. Sure, it's quite stimulating, but personally I like it that way.

When I first got a gram of 2C-I, I really abused it. I was dosing every other day. My friends and I eventually lost interest when I was down to about 250mg. We had tripped on it so many times, and so often did we trip with a tolerance.

Now, twice, I have totally overestimated 2C-I. Two weeks ago, I was coming down from a Methylone binge at 3 AM, and I took ~60mg. I was totally floored. I was unable to interact the next day and I felt totally shitty. I had an amazing trip, but the negative effects overpower the good.

Last weekend, I took 40mg and again, it was too much. I stayed in bed most of the day.

Ninety minutes ago, I took 25mg. The effects are just mild.

I can't seem to find a happy medium.

^ You should have no problems with drug interactions if it's the next day you visit the dentist, as far as I'm aware. Not sure about half-lives, but not too long.

^^ Well, there's a hell of a diffenerence between 60mg, 40mg and 25mg so it's hardly a surprise you haven't quite found your sweetspot, Ashes. When a substance is measured in such small doses it kinda makes sense that you need to work out your dosing with a lil more finesse. I find there are huge differences between, for example, an 18mg dose and a 20mg dose. My advice would be to invest in a bit of judicious titration - round numbers may be more pleasing but it's often those annoying inbetweeny numbers that are where sweetness lies :)

^ You should have no problems with drug interactions if it's the next day you visit the dentist, as far as I'm aware. Not sure about half-lives, but not too long.

^^ Well, there's a hell of a diffenerence between 60mg, 40mg and 25mg so it's hardly a surprise you haven't quite found your sweetspot, Ashes. When a substance is measured in such small doses it kinda makes sense that you need to work out your dosing with a lil more finesse. I find there are huge differences between, for example, an 18mg dose and a 20mg dose. My advice would be to invest in a bit of judicious titration - round numbers may be more pleasing but it's often those annoying inbetweeny numbers that are where sweetness lies :)

I can't seem to find a happy medium.

No offense, man, but it doesn't really sound like you're searching very hard. The disparities between each of the doses you mentioned are, in and of themselves, full oral doses for most people. Generally speaking, if you're trying to titrate your "money dose," it's a far better idea to work upwards from a low level in small increments (with 2C-I, that would translate to 5 mg or less), while allowing for a good 4-5 days at least between trips in order to account for tolerance. 60 mg of 2C-I is wayyyyyyy too much; you're lucky that it's such a forgiving chemical physically.

Well, Shambles beat me to it. Ah well.

When I first got a gram of 2C-I, I really abused it. I was dosing every other day. My friends and I eventually lost interest when I was down to about 250mg. We had tripped on it so many times, and so often did we trip with a tolerance.

I can totally relate to this. When I first got an order of 2ci I dove right in, dosing several times in one night, not sleeping then dosing again in the morning. Doing this everyother day. I learned very quickly this is what not to do with psychedelics. It was probably a 2 week binge with 40 hours of total sleep. Do not want

Well, those aren't the only doses I've tried it. I've tried 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 60, and other occasions I did booster doses in addition to those aforementioned doses. I've done it orally, rectally, and I've snorted it. All I'm saying is that I've underestimated it lately. I have to figure out the sweet spot from a no tolerance standpoint.

The 25mg the other night turned out to be quite pleasant after a few hours. I may try to reduce the dose next time.

Well, those aren't the only doses I've tried it. I've tried 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 60, and other occasions I did booster doses in addition to those aforementioned doses. I've done it orally, rectally, and I've snorted it. All I'm saying is that I've underestimated it lately. I have to figure out the sweet spot from a no tolerance standpoint.

The 25mg the other night turned out to be quite pleasant after a few hours. I may try to reduce the dose next time.

Yes, but what we're saying is that those 5mg increments are not a sufficient resolution to determine said sweet spot.

Frankly, anything over 30mg for me is a total waste. Anything under 15mg or so is a bit underwhelming. There is a complex ramp up of effects through this range.

Instead of 7 datapoints from 10 to 60 mg, try 7 datapoints from 15 to 30 mg... it's not the number of readings that's the issue, it's the fidelity.

Eh I don't really think there's a sweetspot. You just gotta figure out what dose is best for what kind of trip you're looking for, and depending upon what your setting is.

Eh I don't really think there's a sweetspot. You just gotta figure out what dose is best for what kind of trip you're looking for, and depending upon what your setting is.

This is my school of thought. I have a perfect dose for every situation. From 6mg to 27mg. 12mg is my wanting to trip but not in a perfect situation dose. 15-18 is my normal concert tripping dose. and above 18 are for at home or comfortable place where I really want an experience.

took 25mg today and im still beginning to find it kinda weak.. more of just eye candy.. hmm i might go try a 30-40mg dose next time

^ 30-40mg range is where it really shines for me. I found the same - 25mg was nice, visual, but not much of a mental component. But at 30+ it got really beautiful and emotional for me.

definitely upping the dose to 30-40.. probably going to take 40 the next time.. thanks

6-7mg is pretty much a threshold dose so it isn't surprising that you weren't that impressed.

A dose that small would just make me feel weird and over stimulated, without any impressive psychedelic effects. Try a 15mg dose next time and you will likely enjoy it more.

2c-i(and most other 2c-x) is more recreational and social than profound but it is still enjoyable. If you are searching for a life-changing experience than look elsewhere.

Last edited: