• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-I Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

Yes, this method is flawed. It will not be accurate in the least.

You assume that you will measure exactly 5mg each time - not true. You're assuming that your scale is perfectly accurate, and then it is rounded to 0.01g accuracy. There's a bit more math to get into if you like, but in short, that is not true and this is not a good idea at all.

Your best approach is to measure a large volume of powder (say 0.16g, which would indicate with some confidence that it wieghs between 0.15g and 0.17g) which is dissolved into say 50mL of vodka. You could then titrate 5mL of vodka with a small plastic syringe for a dose that is very likely to be between 15mg and 17mg.

Your other method could result in a much larger variance - I would say it is very likely that the dose could range from almost nothing to double what you want.

I have 1000mg. The intention of my method was to as good as eliminate the scales having ~ 5mg error each way before dissolving in a liquid. So you say 100mg would eliminate the error better than using smaller amounts?

if you have a scale accurate to 10mg, then it means it can be off by 10mg. So a 20mg pile could register as 10mg. Forget your original method. It will end up in disaster (somebody getting way more than they asked for).

but ohhhhh goodie you have an entire gram! Then you're in the clear, bro! 2CI is extremely stable in solution (get a little bit of vodka maybe say 25% vodka/75% distilled H20 - buy that at the supermarket). Then measure out 100ml with an oral syringe (can get these by asking at a CVS/walmart type pharmacy). Then measure out your gram (to make sure its not over/under, which they sometimes are by as much as 25%). Then dump the gram into the 100ml. Shake it and let it dissolve.

Once it is COMPLETELY dissolved (you should see NO floating specks) then you can dose out the liquid for each dose. Keep the stuff in your fridge or freezer (the latter if you're not using it a lot).

I feel much better about you taking this knowing you have a gram to do the liquid measurement. 100mg is really pushing it in terms of safety/accuracy.

*the vodka in the solution is to stave off bacteria.

** you can store this stuff at room temp too, its pretty damn stable

Sparky, basically your error is assuming that there is a clean "click" from 0.01 to 0.00 at 5mg.

In reality, that "click" could occur at 10mg, at 5mg, or at 1mg. No real way to tell other than a very intensive evaluation of your scale.

So a 20mg pile could register as 10mg.

I would have thought that it would follow the rules of rounding e.g. only up to 14mg would register as 10mg.

From what I've heard here it seems using a much larger amount of 2c-i to dissolve in liquid seems like the way to go.

Cheers.

I have 1000mg. The intention of my method was to as good as eliminate the scales having ~ 5mg error each way before dissolving in a liquid. So you say 100mg would eliminate the error better than using smaller amounts?

you mean a g right? Either way if you wanna make sure your safe both times i say weigh out 2 .01's take a tiny amount out of one of them and dose up
20 mg is a great dose of 2ci for a first timer imho

I would have thought that it would follow the rules of rounding e.g. only up to 14mg would register as 10mg.

From what I've heard here it seems using a much larger amount of 2c-i to dissolve in liquid seems like the way to go.

Cheers.
you guess incorrectly here (understandable now how you came up with your original method).

I'm honestly really glad you asked here. It shows you are thinking about how to responsibly use this drug.

If you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask in this thread (I believe I cannot PM since I am a greenlighter).

better safe than sorry!

peace bro!

you mean a g right? Either way if you wanna make sure your safe both times i say weigh out 2 .01's take a tiny amount out of one of them and dose up
20 mg is a great dose of 2ci for a first timer imho

NO. THIS IS WRONG.

you will end up overdosing using this method. Do not post this kind of garbage here and lead somebody on to think this is safe.

Just keep quiet if you don't know the safe way to consume these drugs!

Cheers.

Yep - this is where the abstract world of school (rounding rules that are consistent and always true for certain values) encounters the real world of fuzzy measurement error (which is anything but).

If you take some more statistics classes you'll find there are different rounding rules for different situations - the simple rounding rules we learn in school do not reflect what is actually occuring and in fact introduce more error!

lastly you should clearly mark your liquid 2CI with poison symbols and keep well out of reach of children to ensure that somebody does not accidentally consume it.

If its necessary with your living environment (ie kids around in the fridge/freezer) then you should get a lockbox and store it inside that inside the fridge/freezer (or just in a drawer somewhere well out of reach in a lockbox).

NO. THIS IS WRONG.

you will end up overdosing using this method. Do not post this kind of garbage here and lead somebody on to think this is safe.

Just keep quiet if you don't know the safe way to consume these drugs!

ok please tell me why this is so wrong? as long as he calibrates his scale and is sure its on it should be able to weigh out 2 10 mg doses fairly easy. its the method I have used. An overdose worthy that scale would have to be way off as i have snorted into the 60 mg range with no overdose effects what so ever. Yes it is good to be safe but if you dont have all the tools at your disposal you can still be safe with a scale.

ok please tell me why this is so wrong? as long as he calibrates his scale and is sure its on it should be able to weigh out 2 10 mg doses fairly easy. its the method I have used. An overdose worthy that scale would have to be way off as i have snorted into the 60 mg range with no overdose effects what so ever. Yes it is good to be safe but if you dont have all the tools at your disposal you can still be safe with a scale.

Funkmaster - like Sparky, you're assuming a clean "click".

Your "10mg" doses may range from 0mg to 20mg. As such, your method will produce a dose within the range of 0mg to 40mg. It will tend to be toward the center of that range, but that's just the average over many runs.

It is not accurate, and the only reason you've gotten away with it is that 2C-I is relatively forgiving in that range. Another compound could produce real issues.

Oh and does anyone have any idea of a common insufflated dose of 2C-I?

I'd like to try a lower dose...

I'd say there's a "hump" you have to get over. (caveat: your personal experience may vary)

Anything sub 5mg produces jittery stimulation without much visuals. This dosage can be repeated every few hours without ever "breaking through" to a psychedelic state.

5-10mg is a good "halfway" there state for me.

Anything above 10mg will definitely produce visuals (along with the famous "punched in the face by a rainbow" feeling).

I would not exceed 20mg insufflated - there's simply no rationale. Pain and body load increase far more than euphoria and visuals.

True story but I know of which compounds to bust out my milligram scale for. I am simply saying if he wants to be safe and has no other way to. Its a method I have used before getting a mili scale. There is no real reason to be upset here as he didnt say I have this much of mystery chemical x. I am simply inputting what I believe and have experience with. If you dont like it I am sorry :( If I am feeling kinda wary about a dose Id subtract a bit from a scale because while using any type of scale there can be discrepancies.

Well funkmaster, your method is better than just eyeballing, but the liquid measurement method described is by far better, and the tools for it cost about $2 and caqn be bought at any pharmacy. So that's why we're suggesting it. :) Also, it's not about an actual lethal overdose possibility. it's about the desire to be accirate with dosages since, especially for a beginner, even 2mg can make a big difference in strength. Liquid measurement allows a person to dose very accurately, verry easily, down to a single milligram. Ie, you can be absolutely sure you're dosing 18mg rather than, say, 16 or 20 (let alone a range anywhere from 0 to 40mg).

When you have the tools available, it's best to use them to be as safe and accurate as possible. I would recommend you do the same. many people have used unsafe methods such as what you describe and have been fine for years, and then at some point they end up with more than they bargained for and get in trouble.

For full reference about Liquid Measurement methods, check The Liquid Measurement Thread.

yes actually the more liquid and powder you use the closer it is going to be because the amount your going to be off per dose will be divided between more and more doses. i would say try to get it at 10mg/ml.

In actuality you can get pretty damn close dosages in the micrograms through liquid dilution.

As an illustration, with your scale that measures 10mg, if you tried to weigh out 10mg, it would in actuality be between 0 and 20mg. Obviously this won't be sufficient.

If you tried to measure out 100mg, it would be between 90 and 110mg. If you put that into 100mL of distilled water or alcohol, then you'd have between .9mg and 1.1mg per mL of water (and of course a mL is FAR easier to accurately measure since it's a volume).

If you measured out 1000mg of a chemical with your scale, you'd end up with between 990 and 1010mg, and if you put that into 1000mL of liquid, you'd have between .99 and 1.01mg per mL, which is really quite accurate for pretty much any purpose. Or if you dissolved the 990-1010mg into 100mL of liquid, you'd have between 9.9mg and 10.1mg per mL, which would require a more sensitive liquid measurement syringe. I usually try for a 1mg/mL concentration in my solutions.

Although liquid does have the benefit of being perfectly ready for your ass :p