• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E is the shit

I just don't feel social at ALL on 2C-E, for me it's a drug I want to do alone or maybe with a close friend, but not in a public setting.

okay, what would be a good first dosage for a medium effect? like ++/+++
I plan on doing 8mg oral. too much, not enough?

+++ is not a medium effect, plus three is very high on the shulgin scale haha.
But for a medium effect I would start off at 12mg, 8mg will be very underwhelming

I really liked 8mg as a practical dose for being quite trippy and still getting things done. It was perfect for creative work, well off of baseline but not overwhelming at all. I would describe 8mg as a +1.5, almost ++, for me anyways. 12mg is probably a good bet if you wanted to go beyond that point, but still play it a bit safe in case you're really sensitive to 2C-E.

edit: 12mg is about ++ for me, but everyone's different, might be +++ for you.

Last edited:

~5-6 mg was completely social dose for me when I used to be very new to psychedelics (it was my 2nd trip). Setting was celebration of new year with... 6+ friends who didn't know I was high. It was very positive, funny and happy trip. I drank a lot of different alcohol too btw (red wine, vodka, tequila, champagne). Interesting thing: next morning (at January 1) I felt almost no hangover at all. Tired, yes, but head was more or less clear. And I slept only for 2-4 hours I guess, can't remember now.

My first trip was with 18 mg and it really was good, deep and absolutely no social because I was very confused. Ye, I read a lot of reports but reading can't really prepare you to what you will feel and see especially if all you tried before is DXM, few times amanita muscaria and ipomoea. But that's my story :)

So I would say 8 mg can't be too much if only you are not one of these extra sensitive uniques. 18 mg can be too much if you are not really familiar (i.e. new) with psychedelics or setting will or can be bothering. I advice you to start with 12 mg too.

Last edited:
okay, glad I asked. Ill start with 12 mg.
may I ask, what combination is recommended. like is it good to smoke 5 meo mipt to add another layer of goodness,ect?

I would avoid combos until you are sure about how it affects you.
I kinda fell into a overly powerful trip from 4-aco-dmt and 2c-e together and I had done 2c-e probably a dozen times at this point
Trust me, in sufficient doses 2c-e has plenty of layers of goodness haha, to the point where it almost makes combos unnecessary or undesirable

I would avoid combos until you are sure about how it affects you.
I kinda fell into a overly powerful trip from 4-aco-dmt and 2c-e together and I had done 2c-e probably a dozen times at this point
Trust me, in sufficient doses 2c-e has plenty of layers of goodness haha, to the point where it almost makes combos unnecessary or undesirable

combined 2c-e, 4 aco dmt, and mxe before twice. both times were most intense trips of my life.

Please remember that we do not permit source discussion in PD. Those guilty of this in this thread have been members long enough to know better!

First time i did 2CE i said to micelf, this IS the perfect festival drug.....and i still believe that to this day....lasts forever, and is great for music, no headfuck.....of course I've never had the privilege of doing the DOC and all those phens.....i may feel they are even better
Not interested in the DOx drugs. A powerfully psychedelic amphetamine... to me that just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Yeah it's weird how differently people react to 2C-E. I'd never take it at a festival... I took it for a large show once, at quite a low dose, and I found it very difficult to deal with, I just wanted to be more isolated and in a more quiet environment. I find it to produce zero euphoria for the most part, I've had moments that were euphoric, mostly while listening to music, but it feels cold by and large. The potential for a bad trip is much higher for me than with something like LSD, or most any psychedelic actually. It's heavy stuff, not for playing around with (for me)... I take it for deep, introspective trips. I haven't taken it in many years actually because it's just SO intense.

But like I said it's one of my very top-tier psychedelics, I love it, it's beautiful and amazing and truly, truly psychedelic to a very deep level. The deepest I ever went into psychedelia was on 2C-E.
When I'm in my groove, all the psychedelics I use (2-CE, DPT, LSD, 4-AcO-DMT) take me to pretty much the same place. They are all equally euphoric, except they have slightly different 'flavors'.
I am somewhat sociopathic, so tripping to me is not 'deep'. I just love getting fucked up on psychedelics and it's something I do way more often than most users. A good trip can be totally ecstatic and mindblowing, but it's all very superficial and hedonistic. I honestly don't find psychedelics to be any more enlightening or life-changing than taking valium or speed... they just feel nicer.

Awww man doing 2c-e at a festival was awesome once I got past the comeup; only having the woods to puke in with loud bassy music everywhere was pretty annoying during the comeup
Antihistamines, my friend. They do a damn good job at counteracting the side effects and they don't detract from the experience (if anything they'll potentiate it slightly).
Buy Benadryl or promethazine, they're available OTC. I have taken 2C-E well over 50 times (one time I even took 50mgs) and not once have I felt even the slightest hint of nausea.

okay, what would be a good first dosage for a medium effect? like ++/+++
For your first time I would recommend 20mg orally with an antihistamine (to counteract the side effects). Take it on your own, or around close friends who you can trust (make sure they know what you're up to). Some people experience anxiety during the come-up so you might want to drink a beer or two. If you're a regular toker then a nice bag of weed is a must - the synergy is awesome.
If you're new to psychedelics then 20mg is a good starting point. Enough to make you trip pretty hard but not enough for you to wind up in a psychiatric ward (not unless you are already suffering from severe mental problems or planning on taking it at a really stupid time).

combined 2c-e, 4 aco dmt, and mxe before twice. both times were most intense trips of my life.
This combo is SICK. I have done this a few times with 30mg 2C-E, 40mg 4-AcO and 50-100mg MXE.
Serotonergic psychedelics have been shown to have protective effects against brain damage associated with NMDA antagonists, so health-wise it's actually better than taking MXE on its own. On top of that; I find the dissociation from the MXE smooths out the psychedelic experience (and vice versa). The high is very trippy, euphoric and multifaceted - the physical sensations are crazy.

brain damage associated with NMDA antagonists
As far as I know there's no any proofs NMDA antagonists can lead to brain damage:
"There is thus no published evidence at this time (January 2000) that ketamine can produce toxic cell changes in monkeys. The unpublished monkey data that we know about, that of Frank Sharp, actually shows that there is no damage at doses up to 10mg/kg."

—Karl Jansen, Ketamine: Dreams and Realities (2004)

White therefore concluded that based on some fundamental differences between rat biology and human biology and because there have only been very few studies done on the occurrence of Olney's lesions, no connection can currently be proved or disproved.

— William E. White
Of course not having proofs didn't mean it can't be...

Anyway, I tried combing mxe with 25i-nbome and 2c-e few years ago, both trips were insane. And I did regular doses. For example, I could inject like overal 300 mg of mxe during a day, or I could inject 3 mg of nbome during night (not at once of course; actually that was waste of substance because nbome gives big tolerance right after first trip), or I could eat like 90 mg of 2c-e during 24 hours. But when I did that combo (mxe+2c-e and 25i-nbome+mxe) I took regular doses (~20 mg of 2c-e or even 15 mg because i decided to IMing it and ~50 mg mxe IMing; 1mg of 25i-nbome and the same 50 mg of mxe). At one of those trips I lost myself in my apartment. And when I finally understood where am I, who am I, I went to window and looked outside and then I thought the end of this world is coming -- I literally saw how sky was bent and rolled away like in the Inception and there were opened blank spaces (sky is over, right? :)) there was cosmos, stars and -- a HUGE black hole (by the way it was sunny morning almost without clouds, probably 10 A.M so I couldn't see stars even if I really really wanted to) which was growing and growing. I even heard and feel some horrible noise like there outside powerful ascending wind which will take all things around and throw to the black hole. All stones, buildings, trees, humans. Everything. I really was frightened with all these feelings and sensory information I received. But I didn't actually panic, maybe even almost calm (this sounds contradictory but I was frightened only at first, then I accepted the fact I and all known world will be destroyed -- it was like when you know something bad will happen and know you can't do absolutely nothing, you just stop thinking about it and let it go no matter how bad it will be) but I still was kept thinking something like: "please, let me go, lesson is learned, please, give me and this world another chance, oh mighty WhatOrWhoeverYouAre". Then suddenly (after 10-30 minutes probably) I stopped see and hear any supernatural things. Seems like that was a peak and it ended.
Never got that high confusing trip not before not later. Maybe once or two but still they were more like 'CEV' (misty and vogue, inside my personality) comparing to above trip if I can describe it like 'OEV' (lucid and clear, outside my personality).

What I wanted to say: theses combos (5-ht psychedelics and at least mxe - or maybe even any dissociative) looks like enhance each other. Because I never was lost at apartment only from 50 mg mxe and never tripped real to such an extent from single dose of 2c-e (or multiplied doses; but I guess if one will take big dose of 2c-e at one time it can give something like I saw and felt).
Now I think it was 2c-e+mxe combo. 25i-Nbome trip was amplified too but if I remeber right there were nothing really extra unusual, so nothing to add.

I was thinking last few days what to order: 2c-e (my favorite #1), 25i-nbome (my favorite #2) or maybe some 4-ho-met or even just silly apbs for upcoming holidays. After I wrote this message I finially inclined to 2c-e ;) Already have some mxe and now I think I really want to try that combo again %) At least I will know if I remembered right and it was 2c-e combo.

Last edited:
Glad, to see other people like 2c-e as much as I do. Cybergollum, bit confused but did you combine 25i-Nbome with the 2c-e? I meant like just the 2c-e and 25i without mxe?

Glad, to see other people like 2c-e as much as I do. Cybergollum, bit confused but did you combine 25i-Nbome with the 2c-e? I meant like just the 2c-e and 25i without mxe?

It was a mistake, I edited message. That was two different trips: nbome+mxe and 2c-e+mxe. Didn't try to mix nbome with 2c-e and actually I doubt will ever do this, there is no any benefits you can receive from it as I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried this combo I believe or it might have been another Nbome (had a collection at one point) and was going to say I find that most Nbomes have a more visual effect verse mental. In this case the 2 together didn't enhance the trip and kinda made me feel shitty, but a lot of the Nbomes kinda do that I feel.

LSD and 2C-E combo, best trips I've probably ever had in my whole life.

I worked my way up slowly but the best (not necessarily most) I ever had was 350ug LSD and 22mg 2ce. Unreal, my friend.

Changed my life and the way I view reality forever. Gave me serious pause, and taught me the meaning of awe.
I felt so small, but part of something so large....
Wondrous.

A bit offtopic: I feel an urge to share one beautiful quote. It instantly became one of my favorites when I first chanced upon it.

“The touch of an infinite mystery passes over the trivial and the familiar, making it break out into ineffable music... The trees, the stars, and the blue hills ache with a meaning which can never be uttered in words.”

Rabindranath Tagore

I enjoy 2-ce but am yet to find the right dosage for optimum effects. One thing I have noticed it makes me have small spasms (similar to shivering or when my leg shudders on weed). Not sure what it is that does this, never happened before except with the aformentioned weed.

Word! I agree with this thread title... not that it's news to me, but hell yeah ;), possibly my favourite psych (dissos psychs excluded, can't really compare IMO, too different, dissos you can't share IMO, esp if you're aiming for high dose k-hole / Mhole experiences or journeys) all in all, allthough 4-HO-DET and MET and 4-ACO DMT as well as shrooms / hippy flips are very close contenders, 2C-I also, also had some brilliant 25i trips, but won't be doin of that anymore again, not risking my life over a psych, especially when there are superior alternatives... prob forgot some psychs worth mentioning that i've experienced, but think i got the main ones for me... again, for me, i did not cite LSD despite a fair amount of experience, and some descent trips, the set and setting weren't ideal, and i didn't have the best co-tripper in world <3 (yes very subjective ;) )

Haven't read the thread, just the title and decided to add my couple of cents :)

I would like to note, that IME set and setting including co-tripper(s) is 50% of the importance of these amazing trips, the other half being the chem

LSD and 2C-E combo, best trips I've probably ever had in my whole life.

I worked my way up slowly but the best (not necessarily most) I ever had was 350ug LSD and 22mg 2ce. Unreal, my friend.
Most LSD I ever took in one go was 500mcg - that was pretty amazing.
I've done LSD + MXE (300mcg/100mg) before... not a single fuck was given that day. Loved it.
Never combined LSD with another psychedelic though (nor wanted to).

I enjoy 2-ce but am yet to find the right dosage for optimum effects. One thing I have noticed it makes me have small spasms (similar to shivering or when my leg shudders on weed). Not sure what it is that does this, never happened before except with the aformentioned weed.
Shivers, spasms and muscle tension are known side effects of 2C-E. Personally I get it in my jaw. This can all be avoided (or at least significantly reduced) by taking magnesium - a natural muscle relaxant and a highly important mineral. Most people (athletes especially) who don't take a magnesium supplement are deficient in it anyway because it's hard to get from food.

I would like to note, that IME set and setting including co-tripper(s) is 50% of the importance of these amazing trips, the other half being the chem
YES.
One time I tripped with some fucking idiot who didn't tell me he had paranoid schizophrenia. Guy ended up having a psychotic breakdown in front of me, which is NOT something you want to see after eating 300mcgs of LSD!!!

I'm tripping pretty hard on 25mgs right now and I've just taken one of those free IQ tests. I found it pretty hard to stay focused and I got 132. This is about 10 short of my actual sober IQ. TBH I really don't think that's too bad given how fucked up I feel (I've also had 2 beers and smoked a gram of bud).

Next time I take 2C-E I'm going to keep tabs on my heart rate and blood pressure. Not out of paranoia; just to see if it has any effect.