View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E is the shit

AA357

Bluelighter
I have a lot of experience with psychedelics and 2C-E is definitely my favourite.

It's easily as euphoric as LSD, DPT and shrooms/4-AcO-DMT... I have had ++++ experiences on all of these chems that were equally amazing.
Visually it's a bit 'tacky'. The visuals are plentiful and very colorful, but not nearly as intricate or beautiful as LSD or tryptamine visuals.

What I really like about it is the mental clarity. For me, it's a very versatile and friendly chemical. In oral doses of 20-30mg I find it has strong anxiolytic properties... it's very good at cheering me up if I take it when I'm in a bad mood (this is something I would never do with other psychedelics). With 30mgs I find set and setting aren't really that important. It's great for everything from going out with friends to chilling at home on your own.

30mg orally gives me an intense body high, strong euphoria and nice visuals. It makes me feel a little bit spacey but still very lucid and functional - if I wear sunglasses, nobody can even tell I've had anything.

That said; above 30mgs it starts to get messy really quickly. I once took 50mg and spent 4 hours on the couch staring at my eyelids.

2C-E doesn't make me feel ill or give me a 'body load'. The only thing I truly hate about it is it gives me terrible jaw tension, but 200mg magnesium and 2.5mg diazepam at the beginning of the trip is enough to take care of this.

I find 2c-e to have far more intricate visuals than LSD or tryps.
They are very tangible and take forms in ways that LSD or tryps don't (DMT excluded of course)
Glad you like it though it is definitely one of my favourite chemicals

2c-e is hands down my favorite paychedelic.

Very introspective but at the same time very "clear-minded", and the visuals! Wow
Cev I've had on this stuff rival some of my most intense dmt dream, and I can remember them afterwards.

I find 2c-e to have far more intricate visuals than LSD or tryps.
They are very tangible and take forms in ways that LSD or tryps don't (DMT excluded of course)
Glad you like it though it is definitely one of my favourite chemicals

I agree with you on the visuals... Like... I remember on 28mg my friends living room turned into a bed of flowers... Blowing in the breeze... Could even smell them.

I loved 2C-E but the come up was always super rough on me. Felt like the 2 hour flu.

Dosages all seem a little high.

Agreed that it's clear-headed though. Bolder and more lucid visuals than LSD.

dosages are high cause these folks got the tolerance id guess!

I got off just fine off 15mg....id do 20, but 50?? no way

It seems people react in two main ways to 2C-E, from what I've gathered... some are like me, where 18-20mg is the maximum you'd want to take, it's extremely powerful and deeply psychedelic, but very neutral in character, I've never had euphoria from it, but more of an analytical, impartial observer standpoint. The visuals are probably the best I've ever had from anything, incredibly fractal and complex in nature, beautiful and often quite dark. My +4 on 2C-E was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life and also one of the most profound and beautiful. It does indeed have a very crisp mental clarity, and in some ways it almost feels like a tryptamine, though also definitely like a phenethylamine. The come-up is indeed pretty rough usually although I've had trips where it was quite smooth and nice. Usually the body high turns into something very pleasant but I have to get past the initial nastiness first. I find 2C-E to be very non-emotional, almost like it disconnects me from my emotions and allows me to have a truly objective point of view.

Then there are others who take higher dosages and don't seem to find the dose-response curve to be as steep. They generally report high levels of euphoria and a very emotional experience. I can't say a lot more as that's not how it affects me.

For the record 2C-E is one of my very favorite psychedelics, easily in the top 5 of everything I've tried (which is a LOT of things).

That's a really interesting observation Xorkoth. I still need to experiment more, but I think I'd fall into your 2nd category here.

I found 2C-E to be effective even at very tiny doses (under 1mg was noticable to me), so I was a bit intimidated by what might happen as I ramped the dose up. Last time I took some was at 16-18mg and it seemed pretty manageable, nothing like the exponential increase I was expecting from everything I've read. Also, I do experience a lot of euphoria and emotion from it.

edit: just wanted to add my vote that 2c-e is indeed the shit. can't wait to dive in again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't insufflate it... not only is it bad for your nose, but it's rougher and not as deep or pleasant.

What Xorkoth said, none of my insufflated experiences have been half as good as my oral experiences.
IMO psychedelics are not meant to be snorted
For a starting oral dose I would do 15mg and not exceed 20mg.
For me personally 20mg is moderately strong but 25mg is my favourite dose.

It seems people react in two main ways to 2C-E, from what I've gathered... some are like me, where 18-20mg is the maximum you'd want to take,

I definitely fall into the catagory where 18-20mg is the max. I love 2C-E that much is true.

^ Me too... 25mgs is a mistake I won't be making again. The dose respone curve is always steep with 2c-e but once you start passing the 20mg mark a small increase in dose makes a huge difference IME. Haha and yes, 2c-e IS the shit, the only 2c that consistently gives me a run for my money, though it's quite rough on my body... mainly gastrointestinal.

2C-E <3
My love, my flame, my muse! No seriously, it's a beautiful psychedelic, it makes you enjoy music a lot more and I was even capable of going to a damn hard party while on it. It has its dark side, which makes it even more powerful and wonderful imo. It has not given me a bad experience, not ever, just some negative/difficult moments, but that's what psychedelics are for as well. Shrooms on the other hand made me have an intense bad trip once. Since then I haven't been able to do them without it being a complete panic attack. 2C-B isn't as deep as 2C-E. 2C-E is obviously my favorite psychedelic as well. So far!
I must still try DMT and LSD, but I will try those together with a friend, since I try everything new with him. Always.

Are people still getting 2C-x compounds in the States? The only sources I knew of are entirely gone...

One of the last reputable sources of several 2c's has just stopped shipping to the US, so as of now you'd be very lucky to get a hold of them... though I'm sure it's not impossible, I would imagine most chinese vendors have no qualms sending scheduled compounds to the US.

Yeah, I didn't see the shipping restrictions coming... had I would I would've stocked quite a few substances. As of now I have no 2c's, and I doubt I'll ever see one again. 2c-e is definitely one of the 2c's that one should take before writing off the 2c's as shallow or hollow, it's powerful stuff.

Funny enough, I haven't found 2C-C or 2C-D to be shallow at all, with both offering intense mental insights at certain dosages and D giving pretty darn good music pleasure. That's why I wanted to try 2C-E... if C and D aren't shallow for me... then I suspect that people's comparisons of 2C-E to LSD would be quite accurate for me. LSD's musical augmentation is the most orgasmic thing I've ever experienced, and I was hoping to find a compound which offered similar pleasures. I guess I'll have to wait till acid finds me again though ahah...

I have to absolutely agree on the assessment about 2C-E being remarkably clear minded while at the same time being incredibly deep. It really allows deep introspection and thoughtful insight. While I am on the side which gets very little emotion out of 2C-E, it still holds enormous mental potential in ways that perhaps, in my experience, other psychedelics do not.