• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

Is anyone watching this clippers vs spurs game? Still early in first half but the spurs are really starting to show there age IMO. I think the west is going to come down to goldenstate, memphis and the clippers.

Top 4 imo
West
Golden State
Memphis
Houston
San Antonio

East
Atl
Chi
Toronto
Cleveland

Memphis is now my number two team. I've always been a Mike Conley Jr Homer Fan Pocket Holder. AND they have Vince Fucking Carter?

but my Number One team - CLEVELAND - is finally one a run. I hope Blatt can somehow win a Championship this year. I don't care for him any more than I should, but it would be nice to see his haters have to eat Broiled Basketball for dinner

but my Number One team - CLEVELAND - is finally one a run. I hope Blatt can somehow win a Championship this year. I don't care for him any more than I should, but it would be nice to see his haters have to eat Broiled Basketball for dinner

big ask - Lebron would have to have a miracle year for this to occur - maybe if they grab a couple more players before free agency otherwise first round exit awaits. .

big ask - Lebron would have to have a miracle year for this to occur - maybe if they grab a couple more players before free agency otherwise first round exit awaits. .

I think they have a good chance to make the finals. The east is pretty weak and Irving and Love seem to finally be coming on strong. I like the cavs chances to make a deep run.

meet the Sixers (that I feel like talking about)

#35 Henry Sims: possibly the smallest shoulders I've ever seen on a black man over 6 feet tall. somehow takes over 7 shots a game and I swear he doesn't hit any of them besides dunks. Someone is telling him "yo dawg you got thst mid range game on lock shoot it dawg" and he just doesnt, at all. Hits about as many shots as that guy who lost his arm shooting Ambien on BL (low blow?) Good person to foul much better players, that's it. Rebounds when the ball lands near him and only him. Only saving grace is he looks absolutely hilarious running up and down the court so I cant fail him.
Grade: D+

#4 Nerlens Noel: Looks like what Tim Burton would draw a basketball player like. Hideous haircut, makes him look like a 7 footer but hes not. Slightly less hideous offensive game, not much better than Henry's in that regard. Decent agility and post moves to get open looks away from the basket but he cant reliably shoot that shot. Can't bully people in the paint because he weighs about as much as a large Rottweiler so he must finesse his way to points in the paint, which requires some shot making. But dat defense though. Very close to Anthony Davis on defense. Yeah, I said it. If he can get stronger (think hes like 19 or 20 years old ffs), hit some shots, and be a fast break finisher, I like how his defensive game is already developed. Definitely a keeper. By default really, but a keeper nonetheless
Grade: B

#8 Tony Wroten: lives around the rim. drives to the basket just as hard as anyone in the league right now, trust me. Was the best scorer on a horrible scoring team until he tore his ACL. No mid-range game. Seriously, he doesnt take mid range shots theres a heat chart about it somewhere. Can hit 3s when nobody is guarding him and it doesnt really matter. Throws some nice passes of the no-look variety. Seriously, nobody is watching these games (get it? no look? hah) but I am. Tony Wroten is best served as a 6th man combo guard coming off the bench to give a team consistent offense at either the 1 or 2 spots. But if nobody else can shoot, his job (getting to the rim) becomes frustratingly hard. The injury killed him, I hope he comes back alright. Was my favorite player to watch.
Grade: B+

Robert Covington: I swear this guy was not on the team when the season started. Came out of no where. At least 6'8 the most consistent 3 point shooter on the team. Interesting player, does everything reasonably well but doesnt do anything excitingly awesome. Reminds me of a not as good Thaddeus Young. Bottom line is, if he is cool with coming off the bench, keep hm. But he's not a starting player in this league on a respectable team, at any position.
Grade: C

KJ McDaniels: last one for this post as my laptop is going to shit. KJ is the most exciting player on the team. should be in the dunk contest. More putbacks than customer service at walmart SON. more blocks than a game of jenga SON. more dunks than me and a sleeve of oreos SON. Pleasant surprise from the second round, does everything awesome except handle the ball and shoot 3s, which lends him to probsbly wind up playing the 3 later on in his career or be a defensive SG like Tony Allen or Thabo Sefolosha. Man do I love a KJ dunk though
Grade: A-

Last edited:
Dion Waiters has Tyreke Evans disease, all world in the pick-up game league, a misfit on any contending NBA roster.

hahaha - I've been watching Dion Waiters play for years and that was the most perfect analogy

seriously when JR Smith gets traded for you (Dion) - and your team magically becomes a contender again (props to Timofy as well tho) - you know there was something fishy with your flashy play:

waiters.png

I think they have a good chance to make the finals. The east is pretty weak and Irving and Love seem to finally be coming on strong. I like the cavs chances to make a deep run.

looks like a miracle did happen. that 13 game win streak really helped things out a lot. but when LBJ leads your team such is life

Idk if the Cavs got better because DWaiters left or if because it was just bound to happen eventually. either way, the front office looks good, the thunder get a scoring option off the bench who can create his own shot, and the knicks suck worse than the Sixers do

win-win-win trade

who did Robert Covington blow to get into the rising stars game? so confused

im about to invest in a cryostasis chamber until Embiid, Noel, MCW, and Dario Saric are on the court at the same time. wait, 3 of those guys play pf/c.

im gonna let this work itself out while im raising capital for a cryostasis chamber. with a sports television package inside. and some skittles. im low maintenence

im gonna finish my review of the sixers as soon as I get home, seriously habbiding

rip tony wroten, jabari parker, Julius Randall, tristan thompson, Larry Sanders

funniest thing I ever read on the realgm forums

"Tony Wroten is the kind of player you see in China 3 years after they enter the Nba"

hey fuck you guy

all shimazu team

pg- rajon rondo
sg- bradley beal
sf- Trevor ariza
pf- anthony davis
c - demarcus cousins

only because id feel like a frontrunner if I picked lebron or kd

that team would be one great player too many to construct though. unless if Im coming in as the 6th man and the mascot comes off the bench. Id put my team in Pittsburgh and call them the Pittsburgh Pussies and the mascot would just be a walking vagina

and id try to get Kobe on the team because the irony would be great. two walking vaginas on the court at the same time? we'd be throwin money

and id try to get Kobe on the team because the irony would be great. two walking vaginas on the court at the same time? we'd be throwin money
I think it's ironic you think the toughest player in the league is a vagina.

^ no comment on kobe, overrated is all I gotta say. had shaq in his prime, pau gasol and andrew bynum (albeit a very short window) in their primes. phil jackson as a coach

he's the Derek Jeter of basketball

so many 76ers or ex-Sixers got dealt today

MCW got traded to thr Bucks, im about to go on realgm and be like I TOLD YOU. nah I dont care that much about rubbing it in those guys faces.

which means.... TONY WROTEN. starting PG. NEXT SEASON.

let me get a Ric Flair...

WHOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo

all I know is the Sixers got "draft picks". thats it? better be the first rounders of both Phoneix (how the fuck do you spell that citys name damn) and Milwaukee (another toughie there) or else this makes no sense

and they got Javale McGee. even if his stay here isnt for long I want to see a McGee / Noel frontcourt

between Javale, Noel, Kj McDaniels, and Robert Covington , theyre going to be blocking shots like nobody's business. except nobody can shoot still.

draft day... a wiggins. guy is going to win Rookie or the Year by default. just like MCW did last year

fuck dude KJ McDaniels got traded to the Rockets

holy shit the Rockets are good.

like its just been creeping along quietly this season but KJ brings them a defensive presence Trevor Ariza could not

throw in Patrick Beverly and Jason Terry and you got some really solid role players to go with the Harden/Howard cornerstones

fuck dude KJ McDaniels got traded to the Rockets

holy shit the Rockets are good.

like its just been creeping along quietly this season but KJ brings them a defensive presence Trevor Ariza could not

throw in Patrick Beverly and Jason Terry and you got some really solid role players to go with the Harden/Howard cornerstones
I came here to make sure you where ok after I heard about the trade :).

what does everyone think about ATL? you guys seem to know a lil more about the specifics of b-ball than I do. I just watch NBA for entertainment, dunks, and LBJ dick-riding

good for them. really. still sucks that despite doing so well the team might leave Georgia next season, anyways

I came here to make sure you where ok after I heard about the trade :).

ill be alright. Jerami Grant is looking really good lately.

Jason Richardson and Javale McGee are playing against the Pacers tonight, Sam Hinkie did an interview, the Sixers look like they can actually make 3s

wtf happened yesterday...

what does everyone think about ATL? you guys seem to know a lil more about the specifics of b-ball than I do. I just watch NBA for entertainment, dunks, and LBJ dick-riding

good for them. really. still sucks that despite doing so well the team might leave Georgia next season, anyways

2nd round exit. That type of basketball will work in the regular season, especially when you're playing as hard
as you can every night (most good teams don't do that).

But when you get to the playoffs and cut your roster down to 8 guys that shit isn't going to work unless you have a superstar, and they don't even have one.

I think it's funny every season people think teams like golden state, Houston, and the clippers actually have a legitimate chance of winning a title. Anyone who really watches basketball will tell you it's coming down to Cleveland, San Antonio, OKC, Chicago, and Memphis. All of those teams are built perfectly for the playoffs

Idk why but these teams get hyped up every single year, but by the end of the playoffs the final 4 teams are almost always the 4 you expected to be there. I can 100% guarantee you right now Cleveland is going to the finals, and that's not even a smart prediction. Everyone should know that by now. The team with better players is going to win a 7 game series 95% of the time

2nd round exit. That type of basketball will work in the regular season, especially when you're playing as hard
as you can every night (most good teams don't do that).

But when you get to the playoffs and cut your roster down to 8 guys that shit isn't going to work unless you have a superstar, and they don't even have one.

I think it's funny every season people think teams like golden state, Houston, and the clippers actually have a legitimate chance of winning a title. Anyone who really watches basketball will tell you it's coming down to Cleveland, San Antonio, OKC, Chicago, and Memphis. All of those teams are built perfectly for the playoffs

Idk why but these teams get hyped up every single year, but by the end of the playoffs the final 4 teams are almost always the 4 you expected to be there. I can 100% guarantee you right now Cleveland is going to the finals, and that's not even a smart prediction. Everyone should know that by now. The team with better players is going to win a 7 game series 95% of the time

I agree with you about the Hawks but Golden State and the Clippers both have 2 legitimate superstars on there roster. The spurs are old and worn down. I expect a first round exit for them. Especially if they have to play a big physical team like Memphis. The East is weak this year so I agree that Cleveland gets it done over there. But they will have there hands full with whoever survives from the west. I like Golden State right now but I wouldn't bet on it honestly.

I don't how you can make the assumption that the defending champions who won the title less than a year ago and have been to the finals that past 2 years all of sudden are going to be a first round exit

They finally have Leonard, Parker, mills, and splitter back. Completely different team. especially with patty mills coming off the bench. In case you haven't really noticed, San Antonio does not care about their regular season record this year. This is Duncan and ginobli's last chance to win a ring.. Can't take any chances with injuries or fatigue

I don't how you can make the assumption that the defending champions who won the title less than a year ago and have been to the finals that past 2 years all of sudden are going to be a first round exit

They finally have Leonard, Parker, mills, and splitter back. Completely different team. especially with patty mills coming off the bench. In case you haven't really noticed, San Antonio does not care about their regular season record this year. This is Duncan and ginobli's last chance to win a ring.. Can't take any chances with injuries or fatigue

I just watched them lose there last 2 games to LAC and GS. I am not a big believer in last year playing a role in what happened this year. But we will find out who is right soon enough. The spurs are facing one hell of a climb as the 7 seed thats for sure.