• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

man I never thought Id want to see the Clippers win anything but I think Houston is just too focused on themselves as players like Harden earlier this year with the MVP thing and and they will fall short in game 7

chris paul has to reach the finals at some point in his career and their starters are as good as anyones

I think DeAndre has a huge game today, with the amount of bricks Houston has been shooting he could grab like 27 rebounds or some late 60's era average like that. I think itd be cool if he got a triple double with blocks, I cant even remember the last time someone did that.

18 pts, 25 reb, 10 blks, 3 stls, (6-24 FT)

the most god awful triple double ever to watch on tv yet the most awesome at the same time

Last edited:
Lol I want the clippers to lose so bad

They celebrated that game 1 win over the Spurs way too hard. Ever since the game 7 win with extremly questionable calls in the last min, and an 'accidental clock malfunction' to barely get them out of the first round they've been acting like they won the championship

looks like GS VS Cleveland?

I certainly fucking hope so. the Rockets scare the shit out of me

all I gotta say is:

DELLY!!!!!!!!!

gotta love it when some scrub churns it out to be a NBA playoffs superstar (even if for you just one fucking game - how fucking kewl would you feel for that one day amirite??)

Delly-down-under.jpg

Last edited:
congrats. dude's a fucking beast. said to see him go, obviously he would be though

he's going to have to play shooting guard im guessing, at least I hope he does so Tony Wroten can start at pg

this team is going to be a lot better next year. they could easily make the playoffs in the East

they SHOULD make the playoffs in the east next year

I'm captivated with Cleveland's run to the Finals. Lebron James is shouldering the all of the anxiety, fear, and hopes of an entire city through these playoffs. a younger LBJ or a less determined LBJ would fail, but I honestly see something in his eyes that I've never seen. he is hungry, angry, laughing at mother fuckers like Paul Milsap, where before he would shrink now he is making players like Delly or JR Smith look like D. Wade or Ray Allen

it's funny to see all the LBJ haters stop a moment and say shit - I hate the guy, but if he wins the Finals this year it will far surpass anything the GOAT - Michael Jordan, has ever done. Jordan had an absolutely loaded roster in Chicago. LBJ's Cavs team is decimated with injuries and loaded with a bunch of players no one else wanted. but fuck, these role players are actually turning out to be quite good. Tristian Thompson is playing better than Love ever could, grabbing any offensive board with a wild determination. if you leave Timo open for one second he will make you pay (just like Blake Griffin made him pay years ago at MSG). JR Smith was jeered out of NYC, and may be the most dirtiest thuggish ruggish NBA player of all-time, but dammit, he is our thug. Delly has been on the verge of being replaced all season long, yet he outperforms D. Rose in Game 6 last week?

the Cleveland fan in me is half expecting LBJ to tear his achilles or something. and Cleveland would lose, and all would be normal. but holy fuck - what if the Cavs win it all? it would be unexepected and I would probably cry with joy. posh cities with fans born with silver spoons in their mouths, like Boston, would finally STFU

every Cavs game I go from "dear Jesus please win" to "did Lebron finally break his leg and are we going to lose it all?"

I dont see the Warriors losing this year tbh axl

they have plenty of bodies to throw at LBJ and if Kyrie and Kevin Love are both hurt than the Warriors are just too good and too deep for LBJ to overcome

Iguodala always plays Lebron pretty good defensively and he comes off the bench, and I cant see anyone on the Cavs short of Lebron or JR Smith covering Steph Curry or Klay Thompson and that means one of them should have a mismatch at just about all times

this is the matchup I wanted to see in the championship after the clippers / cavs in the postseason and I'd be highly surprised if it didnt happen

also, James Harden is one of the most obnoxious players to watch if you really watch him. He throws his elbow into defenders about 60% of the time and has mastered the art of getting questionable foul calls. he's the new kobe though, he is THAT good. but Dwight isnt Shaq, and the Rockets seem almost disinterested in winning the games. seems like there's no emotions on that team, just a bunch of free throws and streaky 3 point shooting.

yeah I agree about the Rockets - they kinda play like the Cavs do when they piss me off. too streaky, too reliant upon iso plays or someone getting a hot hand. James Harden is a beast and I'm terrified of him

I will say that you did forget about Iman Shumpert (although he is a little hurt too) and his pretty damn good wing defense against Curry and Klay

Golden State may be pre-destined to win this year... they are that good. the Cavs really shouldn't win that series - especially with no Andy V, Love, and a hobbled Irving. but if the Cavs do win - holy shit I am shitting brix

lol I did forget Shumpert existed. he is good on defense but takes way too many jumpshots to be a solid player on a winning team

after Shump's rap about Cleveland in the Playoffs, I could 9/11 never forget:

"watch your head for Mozzie, Double T off dat alley-hoop"

he even gave props to Andy

Personally I can't bet against against Lebron James. He just has a way of finding a way to put his team in position to win games. I don't know what Kyries injury is but a week off to rest can't hurt. I think Lebron is gonna shut curry down and make Thompson beat them.

klay thompson is really really good though

harrison barnes had a nice game when the closed out the rockets and he's like their 4th scoring option

warriors in 6, too many good defenders to keep Lebron at bay. he'll get his 20 something points a game, but it wont be enough over a 7 game series. warriors are really tough to beat at home and they have home court. If the cavs can split the first two games they got a shot but if they go down 2-0 its over

Iguodala always guards Lebron well, and Barnes is a good defender too. Curry is underrated on defense and Draymond Green is first team all defense. And I didnt even bring up Shaun Livingston who was pretty much genetically made to play defense in the nba.

Delevadova and Shumpert and JR smith all looked really good against a depleted hawks team but I think they get a rude awakening in game 1 and the warriors win easily

game 2 will probably be a lot closer because lebron will respond with a triple double but if the warriors win game 2 like I was saying earlier, it's over

speaking of Klay Thompson, how serious was that injury of his at the end of Game 5? unlike Curry's fall the game before I heard that Klay suffered a concussion... damn, these playoffs have been particularly brutal for all teams involved. the Warriors are relatively injury free, and I think this was huge to their post-season success this year

shim - I've heard you rave about Golden State's defense for two weeks now. maybe I'm stoned, but I just don't see what you're seeing. sure, they have Draymond Green, but beyond him GS is seriously lacking in toughness/team defense

for the Cavs to win, CLE must be dominant off the glass, and Tristan Thompson (Double T) must continue to have a monster play off performance off the offensive boards. couldn't be more impressed w/ Double T. dude works his ass off and it looks like this future free agent is gearing towards a big pay day. LBJ the GM wants him to be a "Cavalier for life"

ever since K Love bitched out CLE has almost improved; playing the best defense overall (statistically) VS the other teams. if CLE wins they will have imposed their will defensively, behind the charge of King James

Tristan Thompson is a huge X factor for the Cavs. a fellow exciting wild card for CLE is Kyrie Irving. Coach Blatt got a lot of shit for playing Kyrie sporadically during the ECF's final game, but it was a team confidence builder seeing him at least spot up and shoot. LBJ hardly ever ran the ball up the court w/ the Heat, but he does so often now that he is back home

hopefully the Warriors go small ball often in the NBA Finals; I feel as if the Cavs can win with LBJ running the point and Kyrie in as half PG/half shooting guard. and if the last two x-factors are sinking treys - the ex-Knicks JR Swish & Iman Shumpert - CLE can possibly win this game(we need to keep up with GS's no-doubt furious charge of 3 pntrs)

iunno go Cavs

Iguodala and Harrison Barnes are pretty much going to be focused 100% on playing defense on LeBron im telling you LeBron isnt going to win this series for the cavs and if he doesnt then nobody will

Thompson got a concussion but he has a lot of time to recover and its still basketball we're talking about here, I can't see him missing his first trip to the finals

Bogut is an underrated center. former #1 overall pick iirc.

LeBron is still the best player in the league, but if you go player-by-player it is hard to make an argument for the Cavs to win outside of "well LeBron will carry them to victory"

except that doesnt always happen. Chris Bosh was a huge part of why Miami won those two rings. Kevin Love = Chris Bosh

and he's not playing, that's the only thing we know for sure

remember, the Heat made the finals and lost to Dallas in Lebron's first year. I think he'll win in Cleveland eventually, just not this year

yah I def agree that LBJ and the Cavs will win one eventually, and that this year is up in the air. essentially LBJ & Co are, in my opinion, one year ahead of schedule. I was anticipating a Championship in the second year, but I will most certainly take one during their 1st year, especially considering how much adversity this baskety hoops team has endured all season long

again, for CLE to win they have to do a number of specific things (most I outlined above) and do the fucking fuck out of them

Kevin Love bitched out, but ask any Cavs fan who has been watching all year, it's almost as if Love's injury strengthened the team. most non-Cavs fans prolly don't know the name Tristan Thompson, but I suspect after these NBA Finals are all said and done, most bball fans will know Double T's name

since TT has replaced Love in these playoffs, we have experienced a bit of addition by subtraction. Love was such a liability on the defensive end, while TT protects the rim like a boss. K Love was a good rebounder, but TT is a fucking monster off of the glass, his offensive RBs are most specifically one of CLE's greatest assets (second chance shots). TT has out-rebounded entire starting lineups these NBA Playoffs. TT doesn't possess the best free-throw shooting skills, but to his credit he has improved statistically past the playoffs. again, dude is heading towards a major pay day. Tristan Thompson is like Dennis Rodman but far superior on the offensive side

so when non-Cavs fans point to K Love's absence I kinda just want to set the record straight about that not being such a big deal, and almost a better thing. I don't even care if Love comes back next season, honestly. he was a bit too wishy-washy for my tastes (CLE's chemistry drastically improved after he bitched out). without Love the Cavs are a tougher team - I would rather Dan Gilbert spend his money elsewhere, when Love hits free agency. re-signing TT, Shump, and Swish should be a priority over Love. he is mentally and physically weak and not worth his monster contract IME