• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

Hibbert shined on a court of no names tonight with stuckey looking great as well.

there's something about having no expectations to win this year that makes watching even more fun. just making the playoffs would feel like winning the superbowl this year with all the injuries. just like those granger days.

So, having not watched any basketball for 2 years I decided to subscribe to league pass again.

Seen a couple of great games so far, Spurs v. Mavs... real thriller at the end.

Just watched the Bulls opening game against the Knicks. Great performance from them... bench did an awesome job. Excited to see Pau Gasol joining Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson & Derek Rose. Sad to see Carlos Boozer & Kyle Korver have moved on though.

Cavaliers vs Bulls... going to be an awesome game

Agreed. Can't wait to see the Bulls v. Cavs game tomorrow, or rather Saturday when I get around to watching it.

Last edited:
the Bulls do look good, not gonna lie. Ive always liked Aaron Brooks, or at least when he's doing good I like him. yeah I made that up I lost track of him after he left Houston, but good for him. All comes down to D Rose's health and Dougie Buckets actually, if he can be their new Kyle Korver albeit better defensively (which plays right into their system) they are the team to beat in the East.

Cavs are w/e to me, I find Kevin Love to be somewhat unlikable, I think he becomes very Chris Bosh-like on the Cavs, deferring to Lebron and everything. Kyrie Irving is definitely a great PG, but idk would I pick him over 5 other guys in the league? Varejao isnt stopping anybody, KLove isnt exactly a lockdown defender, im not sure what Dion Waiters is supposed to.... do on this team. Too much just doesnt mesh perfectly right away but at the same time any team with Lebron should have a good chance at making the Finals so its too early to tell

the 76ers are bad, like real bad. Tony Wroten had a sick dunk on Mahimi in the Pacers game but he cant shoot. basically a 6th man scoring option off the bench who can throw a no look pass. fun to watch, loses games for you with turnovers.

but I want them to be terrible this year too, need one more high pick to round out this team then just do what the Pelicans did from last year to this year.

Rookie of the Year: Jabari Parker

because I really dont see anyone else playing as many minutes and the Bucks arent bad offensively, they will just be pretty bad stopping anyone

MIP (I dont even know the criteria for this, do they have to be shitty and then become decent? good and become all stars? who decides this shit?does anyone care?):

Thaddeus Young? again, gave up on this one

MVP:

call me crazy, but I think LaMarcus Aldridge has a shot. I forgot how fucking large that dude was until I saw him stand next to Dwight Howard. and he can shoot a mid range jumper? shyyyyttt

Safe answer would be, Chris Paul

I think the bulls will knock the cavs out of the playoffs. I'm calling bulls vs clippers in the finals.

I honestly have no idea who's gonna win the west. I dont even pretend to know whos gonna be in the conference semifinals

houston looks way better, trevor ariza is basically better for them then Chandler Parsons and if Harden plays any D they can beat anyone. Even if they dont play defense, they just outscore you a lot of times. Definitely a better team than last year

the spurs are the same team, always there. probably will be at least in the conf finals

it would be real convenient for the Clippers to win the title this year. I can see it now: black coach wins championship with black mvp (chris paul) after league ousts racist (honest) owner and fights the good fight and all that PR bull shit. plus, I like how they signed spencer hawes. gives them a big who isnt a liability at the free throw line and can hit 3s if left open. for a team with the likes of Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford, I think Spencer can get a lot of open shots. he will give them a deep frontcourt, probably the best overall out west.

Golden State is gonna have to outshoot everybody. its possible, not really as in love with this team as I was last year. Depends on who they play in the playoffs really

if OKC can just be near .500 until Durant comes back, I think theyll be fine. Not exactly that hard to do, and they just have to see what they got in their bench players. sometimes when a guy gets more minutes he steps up his game a bit but i dont know , they gotta get and stay healthy. same shit it always seems to be with the thunder. Im not really sold on Serge Ibaka as an offensive threat, didnt they draft McGary? wheres your boy at arci?

Will Phoenix make the playoffs? I dont know, and dont care. if they do, theyre out in the first round. thanks for coming out

New Orleans is going to make the playoffs. and promptly lose in the first round. hope im wrong about that, idk

The Blazers are really nice. I thought they could have beaten Miami last year if they made the finals last year. Aldridge is the best PF in the league right now, im sold. only person id consider taking over him is Anthony Davis but he's also way younger. And a lot thinner, Aldridge is a fuckin tank. Theyre the kind of team you know are good but forget how good they are until youre wwtchin ESPN and see the highlihhts and youre just like damn the blazers are actually prettt sick

well theres my 8 I guess. for the more difficult conference. i guess 1-8 would be like

1. Rockets
2. Clippers
3. Blazers
4. Spurs
5. Warriors
6. OKC
7. New Orleans
8. Phoenix

imo

east the sixers fucking suck. by design really. only really worth finding out what they got this year in Noel. I think he's gonna need some time to build an offensive game but you kind of knew that when you drafted him. anyone can look good doing shooting drills, making them in game is another thing. tony wroten is a great bench player but an average starter. should never play sg again, just keep him as a backup pg. mcw is a great defensive pg, not really the greatest shooter. This wouldnt be as much of a glaring weakness if there were other shooters on the team but there isnt. But Im just assuming the front office is aware of this and kind of let it happen in a 9/11 theory kind of fashion in order to get another high draft pick. Dario Saric, the CROATIAN SENSATION, who I know nothing about. if he ever even plays here, cool, if he doesnt, Elfrid Payton is not winning rookie of the year shut up arci. ive never been more excited for a season two years from now in my life than I am right now. I honestly believe that Joel Embiid will become a solid NBA player. he's 20 years old and people are acting like 2 injuries are going to ruin his career. greg oden this, andrew bynum that. those guys were also kind of heavy big men too. more weight on the legs. embiid has the slender african body type going on, just long and lanky. he played soccer growing up, he's not your average 7 footer. thats why he moves so well on his feet. I dont know if hell ever make any shots, or even make the all star game, but he's going to be a great defensive player. So lets recap: MCW- defensive pg, cant shoot, Tony Wroten- combo guard, cant shoot, Kj Mcdaniels/ alexey shved/fan in section 22 row. 3 seat 7 come on dooowwn- cant shoot. shved is alright I guess. do you want a guy named Alexey Shved being your teams best scorer wtf, Nerlens Noel- defensive pf, cant shoot, joel embiid, defensive center, cant shoot. timeout, who's gonna fucking score on this team? Please sign Kevin Durant

I actually really would like to see Washington make the conference finals, but yeah idk. love beal, love wall, ive stated that profusely before. nene is a great passer but somewhat vulnerable on defense. Gortat is a great rebounder and decent post player. good passer too. beal is the new ray allen. paul pierce gives them a veteran to fall back on for a young backcourt but I cant help but feel like Ariza is just a better player at this point in time. I kind of thought Paul Pierce would go to the Clippere but here he is in Washington, ookeee... but really its all about John Wall. can he learn when to go full speed and when to slow it down? same problem as Derrick Rose, just in a lot smaller market and a certain lackadaisacal attitude you dont see from DRose. seems like everything John Wall does just happens so fucking easily on the court for him it can almost feel like he's not really trying as hard as he could but just because it looks easy doesnt mean anyone could just do it. you dont realize how fast he is until he's not in the game. and paul pierce is supposed to keep up with that? better hit some trailing 3s, like WAY trailing

The Pacers, jeez I dont even know what to say. sucks to be you mannnnn. I think theyll still make the playoffs, and be an alright team much like Chicago was without D Rose... FOR ME TO POOp on. gtfo in the first round indy

I said enough abou the bulls like 3 poste up, exceptional team on offense now to an already great defensive team. dangerous

The Hornets are definitely better. I know Im not thr biggest Lance Stephenson proponent but he is a good player, and seems to fit in with Kemba Walker. They drafted Noeh Vonleh too, Im curious to see how he pans out, could be huge for them if he's a decent center and al jefferson is pf, with kemba at point, lance at sg, and kidd gilchrist at sf? decent team, possibly top 3 in east

the Heat wont be as bad as everyone thinks they will. Bosh is a great player, and Dwade is still capable of scoring 15+ a game. Where the other points are coming from idk, Josh McRoberts? prob a 4 or 5 seed

the Raptors are a nice team. Fun to watch, drake provides comic relief and shit. would I expect to see them in the conference finals? not really. nice little team for chicago/cleveland to beat in 6 games

Cleveland, man I hate cleveland. but theyre good, on paper at least. but it worked pretty good off the bat in Miami and i dont see it taking long here either. Lebron will do whatever his team needs him to do, he just has to figure out what that is and that doesnt happen on opening night. kyrie has an almost entirely new set of starters to figure out. kevin love isnt the fucking man anymore, just pass the ball and try to rebound. they are good though. what a hidden secret.

I literally know nothing about the Hawks. they have jeff teague, al horford I guess? Idk, its the Atlanta Hawks. playoffs but who cares. I think Lou Williams is down there? good for him. your fuckin out

ok I got one spot open for a team to lose to the 1 seed in, so im gonna go with the Nets. definitely good enough to make the playoffs in the east, but really, who fucking cares. it was only funny last year when they played the raptors because they put cameras on drake and jay z and switched over to them routinely throughout the game.

so thats something like

1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. Wizards
4. Hornets
5. Heat
6. Raptors
7. Pacers
8. Brooklyn

Cleveland over Chicago in East

Clippers over Portland in West

Clippers. Cavs. Buy. Cry.

Clippers win the championship. it all would be too convenient for the NBA im telling you.

Last edited:
im actually surprised u even have pacers making the playoffs at all. have u seen their starting lineup? i guess when david west and george hill come back it'll look a lot better but still. i guess the east still sucks that much.

mike would you give up a first rounder as the Pacers straight up for Rajon Rondo and some blend of expiring contracts?

seems like a win-win for the pacers and the celtics. rondo + paul george + roy hibbert would be a formidable big 3. Especially if they can grab someone with a lower draft pick. they might not make the playoffs, the Knicks could or possibly the Hawks but I just kind of think they might make some moves in free agency

Cleveland > Miami

San Antonio > Memphis

San Antonio > Cleveland

Memphis has a damn good team, and they're underrated every year. Marc Gasol is the best center in the league.. paired with Zach randolph is deadly too.

With the high amount of good point guards in the league people really don't notice Mike Conley... He's a top 10 point guard imo (that means all around.. Not how how many points he averages per game)

Phoenix will make the playoffs this year.. They are the most exciting offense in the league right now... Best backcourt in the league. Eric Bledsoe is a fucking beast.

Oh and have you guys seen the stats Anthony Davis has put up in his first 2 games???? MVP no doubt about it

Anthony Davis will become one of the best players of all time when his career is over... This is his 3rd season and he's still only 21 years old lol

Mvp: Anthony Davis
Most Improved Player: Perry Jones III
6th man of the year: Isaiah Thomas

agree to disagree on memphis. I dont even know if theyre going to make the playoffs

Id probably pick Jamal Crawford for 6th man because I dont really know a lot of teams depth chart situations

harden was never really a big dunker

this is what happens man

Noel isn't going to win rookie of the year, but he will be in the discussion and have a lot of impressive defensive plays. what you didnt see were the other 35 points Harden scored.

magic v sixers tonight

someone is getting a win tonight. the last time I watched a magic/sixers game it went to overtime and aaron affallo had like 35 points but the sixers still won

vucevic used to be a sixer, shiiiiittttt

elfrid payton should be covering tony wroten, lets fucking DO THIS

I think I might have been one of the few people watching this game but holy shit was this impressive

Evan Fournier (#10 on the Magic)

THANKS FOR COMING OUT

look at this Tony Wroten statline, so typical except he wont give you 4 three pointers a game:

27 pts on 9-16 shooting with 5-7 from the foul line, 3 reb, 8 ast, 5 stl, 2 blk, 9 TURNOVERS

but one sick ass alley oop

Kj Mcdaniels/ alexey shved/fan in section 22 row. 3 seat 7 come on dooowwn- cant shoot.

but he can do this

this team IS fun to watch, they just are absolutely horrible.

it's a strange combination

final thought: why the hell is Dion Waiters still a Cavalier? doesnt fit their team, at all. Solid player, wrong team

Last edited:
Nice vid

This was in the first game of the season rookie James Ennis

[video=youtube_share;2dDHWE9Pg0o]http://youtu.be/2dDHWE9Pg0o[/video]

One of the best dunks I have ever seen
Actually made me say ooooh shit out loud

I saw that Ennis dunk on Sportscenter, that was nice.

damn I just noticed, was that a no-look alley oop pass from Tony Wroten? that play just got ten times better imo. I was wondering why Vucevic looked like a deer in the headlights for someone who is 7 ft tall but it all makes sense now

that whole sequence took place in less than 5 seconds

rsz_tony-3.jpg

NSFW:
That+pic+is+in+desperate+need+of+a+scumbag+steve+_0422c242f00357f3ea3a504381ee3195.png

lol

mike would you give up a first rounder as the Pacers straight up for Rajon Rondo and some blend of expiring contracts?

seems like a win-win for the pacers and the celtics. rondo + paul george + roy hibbert would be a formidable big 3. Especially if they can grab someone with a lower draft pick. they might not make the playoffs, the Knicks could or possibly the Hawks but I just kind of think they might make some moves in free agency

I'd take rondo for a 1st rounder, but not this year when pacers aren't really playing for anything unless Paul George somehow is back for playoffs. Next season I could see it happening though. Then we'd have rondo plus a high draft pick going into next season. Rondos contract will be expiring and celtics would wanna get something out of him.

theyre probably going to trade him this year though, prob close to the deadline

thats the thig, theyd want indys pick this year and not next year

cant have a top 3 pg and eat him too. and rondo is top 3 imo

there's a chance he could still be there next year and with our top pick we most likely will be getting, I'd rather take the chance and have both. Have there been any other teams mentioned trying to get rondo I've missed ? All the rumors have pretty much been rondo to pacers iirc

Last edited: