• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be a tight game at the half, but LSU will end up winning by at least 17. i say 34 to 17.

second half will probably be a snooze fest.

while barely off on the score, i was pretty much spot on with this.

just sayin.

i really wish oakie state would have gotten in the title game.

and the valley shook (LSU sb nation outfit) twittered at me and i don't know what to say!

"nice tiger pjama pants, you beardy monster???"

I think it hurts the SEC for the title game to be a rematch. I don't see many people excited to see this game. That said, I think it will be a better game than the first one.

I don't see how it hurts the SEC— the BCS maybe.

Honestly I doubt that OK state gets past Stanford.

I just meant in the eyes of people who think there is a SEC bias. If LSU and Bama played other teams, it would shut up the SEC bias argument (I'm pretty confident they would both have blow-out wins)

In other news... the Sugar Bowl matchup is atrocious. Michigan vs VT (who has no wins against ranked teams)? Get real BCS, this is a shit matchup. The Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl matchups look like they will be pretty good though.

Nick Saban makes an interesting point:

"One time this year in the Western Division we had LSU first, us second and Arkansas third in the whole national poll. For those people who say you didn't even win your own conference, well how come nobody was rated higher than the top three teams in our division, which is only six teams?"

I will hardly be watching LSU VS Bama. the first match-up was akin to two hippos slugging it out in ass-hole deep mud. I'm sure LSU is the best team, but now we will never know for sure if the Big 12's best (other OSU) could match up with LSU (and it would be a fun game)

PB is right, the Sugar Bowl is such a stinky pile of shit that not even a spoon full of sugar can keep that rank down. Virginia Tech just got done being ass-raped by Clemson in the ACC title game, for the second time this season mind you, and they get rewarded in the Sugar?? meanwhile, Michigan State beats Michigan and places higher than them in their Big Ten division, only to get snubbed? it should be MSU VS UGA in the Sugar (which will be a great game imo, two Top 5 defenses and two Top 5 QBs)

the ACC doesn't deserve an at-large bid, and VT leapfrogged other worthy schools

I will tell you what conference did deserve their at-large, and that is the (holy) Big Ten. we're sending the most teams going bowling. we always snatch up as many at-larges as we are allowed to take. it just sucks that we don't have a National Title contender. I guess it goes to show you that when the Buckeyes are having a down season, it's tough to force a great-but-not-spectacular MSU or Wisconsin team in the spotlight

Wisco VS Oregon will be a fun game, too. but Wisconsin is just too big up-front for the Ducks. I do expect a lot of points to be scored, and a great time had by all. except for the Ducks, if they lose this game again I do believe they are 0-3 in BCS Bowl Games. it's so funny, everybody gives tOSU shit for losing two BCS games (out of what? six?) but the Ducks get away free

speaking of the Buckeyes, damn, I know I'm lucky. tOSU finished 6-6 and only deserved to be in a bowl game against a MAC team. however, what makes the bowl game selection process such bullshit is that teams are mostly chosen with how much money they will bring to the table. the Buckeyes have perhaps the bestest-traveling fan-base in the country, so they are off against the Florida Gators in a Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, when they really shouldn't have been. I suppose the allure of seeing tOSU VS Florida for one more time, this go-around with added drama due to Urbz on the sidelines, was just too much for the folks over at Taxslayer.com to pass up

Well the west has some good teams this year in Oregon, Stanford and USC. Too bad this is college football and we don't get to actually see who the best team is at the end of the year.

In other news, the coach of Fresno State (my school) got fired yesterday after 15 years. I knew his kid since elementary school and he went to the same church as my family growing up so its kinda sad to see him go. But with the state of the program this year (worst record in school history) something needed to be done. I think home games were averaging something like 30,000 tickets a game which is also by far the lowest in school history.

Fucking BS in the Sugar Bowl. They pick Mich and Vt and then bitch about the NT game because they didnt have an SEC team to pick. Hello wtf ARK is #6 you down syndrome water headed fucks. /end rant

I got my cotton bowl tickets allready though.

I'm looking forward to my MSU/UGA matchup. ought to be a good game for all concerned.

as well as my tOSU VS Florida. it's a bit surreal to think that this year Florida has the more vanilla offense than my team

also, I think South Carolina VS Nebraska will be good. I don't know who to pick. South Carolina historically under-performs when they go bowling. while Nebraka's defense either plays great or porous

Arkansas did get screwed. I would be pissed too, you have every right nowdub

if Alabama wins the Nat'l Title I will shoot myself. those SEC coaches have gotten so lucky. I wish it was pre-2000 when the SEC was more-or-less irrelevant, but then we would still be WOWing over Nebraska's triple option. oh the fail

Ridiculous all the way around. I would of like to of seen OSU vs LSU but I cant argue with ALA bein there either. Thats the one game they got right i think. The cotton bowl is like ARK's second home. WE play TAMU there every year down there in the regular season and its only about a 275 mile drive. You can bet that place will be packed with Hog fans. Ill be there with a crew for sure.
South Carolina will get walked all over I think. and tOSU will crush florida they are fucking horrible this year. I think Boise got screwed pretty hard with no lube this year. The MAACO bowl against ASU wtf. Gonna be a drubbing.

Thank god we dont haveta watch NEB or FSU every year in the NT anymore.

Thank god we dont haveta watch NEB or FSU every year in the NT anymore.

LOL

I think tOSU will beat Florida. Florida just doesn't have much to work with here. I dunno about South Carolina VS Neb, in my mind, I can see either team getting whooped by either team. UGA VS MSU is the most thrilling match-up in my mind, once again because the teams are so eerily similar. both have great defenses and a great college QB

so it looks like we've got some interesting Big Ten VS SEC match-ups to squabble over

I'd put money down that the Big Ten goes 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.