• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
pander, you think crowell is gonna practice today?

or is he gonna cry from the sideline about getting hit too hard?

Geux Tigers!

he's kind of a bitch.

i don't think you're too far off base with your prediction of him leaving the game early. you guys have had a super weak schedule and he's gonna get raep'd.

i'm taking junior to see santa clause and getting a xmas tree on saturday but should be done by gayme time if ya'll wanna come by.

Im hoping LSU suffers some horrific injuries in the SEC title game while Alabama is resting so that all the talking heads get in a big frenzy about how shitty the college football postseason actually is.

And yes even though im a huge fanboy I will admit that Andrew Luck isn't having the year I thought he would, but id attribute that mainly to the fact that his receiving corp is pretty mediocre.

I have no doubt he will be an elite NFL QB someday, in fact im kinda glad there is finally some room on the bandwagon

And I also really like Patrick Peterson. I was really hoping the niners would be able to scoop him up but he went 2 picks early, and to a division rival. He needs to work on his coverage skills as he has been burned many times this year but im sure he will get better, and he is an exceptional athlete.

Oh well... our first round pick Aldon Smith is having a great rookie season and looks to be terrorizing opposing QB's for years to come. In fact pretty much all of the top-10 picks in the draft this year have been doing very well.

Last edited:
Im hoping LSU suffers some horrific injuries in the SEC title game while Alabama is resting so that all the talking heads get in a big frenzy about how shitty the college football postseason actually is.

you should pay attention more, that's pretty much all anyone associated with college football ever talks about. especially this time of year.

it's fucking outrageous.

you should pay attention more, that's pretty much all anyone associated with college football ever talks about. especially this time of year.

it's fucking outrageous.

Yet nothing ever changes........ maybe this will be a tipping point.

I think certain posters are losing sight of the premise that a championship game's first function isn't to entertain them, its to determine who the number one and two teams in the league are.

I think certain posters are losing sight of the premise that a championship game's first function isn't to entertain them, its to determine who the number one and two teams in the league are.

yea, well it doesn't really serve that purpose when it's based off total opinion and a computer.

what's it supposed to do? (other than the rational thing— implement a playoff system)

somebody please explain to me how UCLA is in the Pac-10 Championship Game, against Oregon, while the Golden Bears only have like 6 wins??

I'm guessing it has something to do with USCw not being allowed to play in the CCG, due to still being punished with their bowl ban (conferences don't usually allow teams to play in the CCG when also faced with a bowl ban)

I hope Oregon raeps. no, I take that back, I hope UCLA somehow pulls the upset to only fuck with the BCS even more. I used to be down with the Oregon Ducks, but ever since my Buckeyes stomped on them in that Rose Bowl game two years ago, it seems like their fans have been butt-hurt to this day

oregon fans remind me of Ga Tech fans.

Their band absolutely shitted all over their cover of Panama. David Lee Roth died just so he could spin around in his grave.

Oregon will win that game, it wont even be close. UCLA lost to USC by like 50 points a last week.

^ ouchies! I do remember watching that UCLA VS USCw game late last weekend with my bro. I don't think I've ever seen a game, on the college level, that screamed "RAPE!" more than that one. the Trojans apparently really were treating that game as their bowl game, as that was the last game of the season for USCw

I love watching these Conference Championship Games! all day tomorrow, I know what I am going to be doing

and what exactly are we arguing about here, concerning CCG? technically, computers + opinions don't affect Conference Champs that much (the bullshit BCS only gets in the way when there are tie-breakers). the only factor that affects which two teams receive the privilege of competing in the CCG is the team's record in conference play. the CCG is one aspect that the NCAA and their perpetual crookery hasn't spoiled

CCGs are a big reason as to why I don't want to see a LSU VS Bama rematch for the National Title. I am a firm believer in the idea that only Conference Champions should be allowed to play in the Nat'l Title. actually, Alabama's Nick Saban also agrees with me - he said so in a soundbite some many years ago

fwiw I'm sure Saban is singing a very different tune concerning the CCG + BCS Nat'l Title this season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.