• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give the knicks a decent shot at anyone in the east except the bulls. let me explain

YES they look shitty
YES they dont play D
and NO they wont win a ring

BUT this is a team that can score by the boatload at times, and have shown on very rare occasions that it can play D. plus D'antoni went to the western conf finals TWICE not that long ago with his amare/nash combo which is more than most coaches can say. The suns probably would have went to the finals with amare/nash if not for the spurs greatness during that time. side note, amare/nash went to the conference finals for a third time LAST season

anyway what im trying to say is have one night where this team scores 120 and and you cant match it or one night where they play some D and they could surprise a lot of teams. they arnt built for a ring yet, but they are built for an upset. its not their ability to win a seven game series thats in question for me, its their ability to do it multiple times.

The Knicks can surprise a team, but not four times in a 7 game series. They can score a lot, but so could phoenix a few years back. Who would you rather have, A'mare and Melo, or Steve Nash in his prime wining MVPs, with A'mare in his prime contending for MVPs, and Shawn Marion in his prime? I'll take Phoenix any day. Even with CPIII this is just a higher powered Pheonix team. They need a defensive big man in the middle and a shut down defensive play. Think Bruce Bowen three years ago. In two years, unless Orlando does something drastic, Dwight Howard is free. I could easily see him going to the Knicks.

Defense wins in the NBA as it does in all other sports. Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Pistons. The only anomaly in the last 30 years are the 76ers in 83 and the Heat in 06. Every single other championship team has good to stellar defense. Knicks do not stand a chance without atleast two great defensive players on the court with them at the same time as their stars. Great, not just too, great. With the level of athletes in the NBA, defense is a state of mind. Cliché I know, but their raw talent is so high, that being lazy is the only way to suck at defense. Unless you're white.

I think youve morphed the question a little bit. It was not "is this current nick team better than the previous suns team"

I agree that the suns of old were better than the knicks of now, but its not beacause nash amare is a better combo than melo amare, it was because as you said the collective team with bench and role players was better.

the question was can the knicks suprise boston or the heat in one series.

I think they are capable of this. is it unlickely.. yes, but all upsets are. i would say this possible one isnt too farfetched though

off topic: I love steve nash's game, but he should have never won mvp that year.

The suns are just an example of a team that is almost a dead ringer for the Knicks. I just made the point the Suns are better than the Knicks as presently constructed, and even the better Suns team got nowhere. The Knicks defense is horrible. And you need that to win a championship. That is the only reason Dallas has a remote chance of getting out of the second round. Their defense is good on an average day, and great when they are going.

I personally like the Spurs to win it all. No Bon-a-fide superstar anymore, but their defense is great, Pop is the best coach going, and they have more comradery than any team.

The suns are just an example of a team that is almost a dead ringer for the Knicks. I just made the point the Suns are better than the Knicks as presently constructed, and even the better Suns team got nowhere. The Knicks defense is horrible. And you need that to win a championship. That is the only reason Dallas has a remote chance of getting out of the second round. Their defense is good on an average day, and great when they are going.

I personally like the Spurs to win it all. No Bon-a-fide superstar anymore, but their defense is great, Pop is the best coach going, and they have more comradery than any team.

Spurs will not get out of the WCF, if they make it there. Spurs have a better back court than the Lakers, but they can't match up with LA's front court. Bynum/Gasol and then Odom off the bench? Duncan might as well be 6'6. They can't protect that 6 feet and Popovich knows it. LA in 5.

Anyway, East is all locked up.

Bulls in 6
Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Magic in 5

I don't know what it is, but I am not a fan of the Odom/Bynum combination. Together they are averaging like 26 and 20 or something stupid. Bynum is hurt too often, and Odom is a better player as a PF or even better as a SF i think than when he has to play the 5 because everyone else is hurt. If Bynum stays healthy, I can see the lakers doing it.

You can't count out Tim Duncan ever though. He is the only player other than Shaquille who you could argue was as good or better than Kobe in this generation. I'm a mavericks fan and hate San Antonio, but when I see greatness I can't deny it.

I just made the point the Suns are better than the Knicks as presently constructed, and even the better Suns team got nowhere.

conference finals is better than what many franchises have ever reached, let alone 3 trips there

The Knicks defense is horrible. And you need that to win a championship. That is the only reason Dallas has a remote chance of getting out of the second round. Their defense is good on an average day, and great when they are going.

totally agree, but im not thinking about the knicks winning a championship, im talking about them getting out of the first round. its a possibilty while boston is still in its bounce back phase that NY suprises them

bynum went down on the same knee that gave him problems the last few seasons. walked off the court saying he thinks its not that bad. mri scheduled for today

who the fuck knows.

no bynum=no three peat. getting past the new and huge thunder would be a momumental obstacle with out bynum

even if bynum is hurt im so siked for the playoffs. I think the most entertaining first round will for sure be denver vs okc

no bynum no championship

no bynum = OKC NBA Champs

Perkins-Obama 2012!!!

Bynum will be fine, he'll be all healed up in 4-5 days. Might miss the first playoff game but that's it.

We better fucking win tonight though, I don't want to see Portland in the first round.

I think y'all are overestimating Bynum's importance. As long as Pau and Kobe are healthy, this team has a chance.

Bynum will be fine, he'll be all healed up in 4-5 days. Might miss the first playoff game but that's it.

We better fucking win tonight though, I don't want to see Portland in the first round.

It's never a good sign when you are supposed to be a leading contender and your fans are worried about a first round team. That's happened to the mavs every year since 67 wins. We didn't want to play golden state. Yeah, there was a reason for that. We saw something that only fans who watch most games see. We knew it was a bad match up and that in reality, our team was soft that year. This year the mavs aren't afraid of any first round opponent. Really we just don't want OKC. Well no one wants OKC.

^^^^ if youve watched both if la's playoff rounds the last 2 years it's always the early rounds where they struggle then they get stronger as the rounds progress.

EL SEGUNDO – Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum, who injured his right knee in last night’s game versus the San Antonio Spurs, had an MRI this morning. Results of the MRI showed that Bynum has a bone bruise, but the injury is not deemed to be serious.

Lakers forward Matt Barnes also had an MRI exam on his sore right knee, which was surgically repaired on January 11, 2011. Results of Barnes’ MRI showed no new damage.

Both players are expected to be ready to play when the Lakers open the playoffs this weekend.

:D

MIAMI -- A valet at a Miami Beach hotel has filed a lawsuit against the mother of Miami Heat basketball star LeBron James, seeking financial damages less than a week after claiming she verbally abused and assaulted him while he was working.

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday, alleges that valet Rock Feller Sorel suffered, among other things, "emotional distress, humiliation, mental anguish [and] loss of capacity for enjoyment of life" after allegedly being struck by Gloria James in the early morning hours of April 7 at the Fountainbleau hotel.

I guess he and Cleveland can relate

Bulls going all the way. This is the year.

Getting some money together before this weekend to put on them winning them the Championship.

I guess he and Cleveland can relate

It's amazing LeBron turned out the way he did with a mom like that.

I wonder when Delonte West is going to sue for rape. There is no way he walked into that thing intentionally. I'm really not partial to bragging about about being raped by unattractive middle aged females with drug and alcohol problems.

2 SEED!!!!

I'm happy as hell considering we've played like shit for 2/3 of the season lol.

LeBron the best player in the game? Arguable.
Kobe the best closer in the game? Undeniable.

Bulls going all the way. This is the year.

Getting some money together before this weekend to put on them winning them the Championship.

lol. I'd suggest you don't let your emotions get in the way of betting. wise up and put your $$ on the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.