• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-11 against teams regarded as "elite" with the wins over the Lakers and Spurs. Considering the Heat just beat the Western Conferences two best times, it is time for the league to start worrying again. Whoever wins the East wins the Finals.

If you're going by record, Dallas is the second best team in the west and this is with more injury issues and lineup changes. I was curious so I looked up the 6 best teams performance against each other and its rather interesting. (wins/total... not wins/losses)

Mia.........3/11
Dal.........5/11
SA..........5/11
LA...........5/10
Bos.........7/11
Chi..........9/12

EDIT:

With the win tonight and on the strength of a 7 game win streak, Chicago surpasses Boston for first seed (by half a game) and has the second best record in the league.

Last edited:
looks like the 3 seed in the East may be a blessing in disguise. The Knicks may fall to 7 when the season's up. Facing the Sixers instead of the Knicks in round 1 seems like a prize. Choose your adversary:

looks like the 3 seed in the East may be a blessing in disguise. The Knicks may fall to 7 when the season's up. Facing the Sixers instead of the Knicks in round 1 seems like a prize. Choose your adversary:

Boston is falling, and falling hard, so Miami will likely pick up the 2 seed, with Chicago being the clear #1.

This is totally awesome for basketball, and will be amazing if Miami wins the East. First we face our traditional rival, the Knicks. Everyone would expect the Heat to best them.

Then, our biggest nuisance this season, the Celtics. I hate those guys. They play dirty in ways that aren't right with me. I don't mind physical play where you knock a guy in the head or foul hard, but doing things like that and buzzing around the opposing teams huddle in order to draw a technical just seems fucked up to me. I'm so glad they traded Perkins, they are nothing without him.

And then, if Miami beats Boston, they go on to face Chicago, the anti-Heat. They knocked us out of the playoffs a few seasons ago. And they always give us trouble. They have an axe to grind and a hypocritical fan-base. They blame LeBron for going to Miami but they wanted him oh-so-badly themselves. I think this will be the best match-up in the playoffs, both of these teams are the best in the league.

The winner of that particular contest will face either the Lakers or the Thunder (Spurs and Mavs ain't making it, I'm telling you), and win.

^Chicago has one of the largest, most diverse and dispersed fan bases of any sports team in the world and you really think all of us share a singular, uniformed view on the free agency situation last summer? You're a silly, silly man and I look forward to seeing your disappointment this post-season =D

LOL!

https://twitter.com/TheBillWalton

As a young boy I often wondered why a butterfly wasn’t called a flutterby. Now, I simply grin in amazement at all of life’s creations.

The brutal death of Julius Caesar by Brutus on the Ides of March is only second to the vicious back stab Lebron James gave Cleveland.

The Golden State Warriors' defense is folding quicker than France in WWII. I'm appalled.

Glenn Beck is nothing more than a modern day Jay Gatsby attempting to extort his followers of their common decency with his vocal defecation

Thank you Roy, Blazers. Nice defense by Portland there, Mavs got pwnt.
LA gonna get that 2 seed. =D

You're on, sir! For how long?

1 month sounds about right. You lose, it is a Miami Heat avatar of my choosing (to be chosen before the finals). If I lose, it is an avatar of whatever team you choose (chosen before the finals).

^Chicago has one of the largest, most diverse and dispersed fan bases of any sports team in the world and you really think all of us share a singular, uniformed view on the free agency situation last summer? You're a silly, silly man and I look forward to seeing your disappointment this post-season =D

Are you saying you didn't want LeBron to come to Chicago?

Or that you don't hate him for joining the Heat?

I can't really pick too many bones with Chicago. As I said, the Heat and Chicago are the two best teams in the league, and both of them have the brightest futures as well. I hate them, but I have to give props to the style of basketball that they play and their overall talent. I would much rather see them win it than Boston.

^I was actually hoping for Wade to come... I'd rather see Rose, Wade, Deng, Gibson, Noah over Rose, Bogans, Lebron, Gibson, Noah... but sure, I would've loved to see anyone join the bulls who could help them win. I loved Rose's response when asked about him not wanting Lebron - he said he texted him and told him he wouldn't mind if he came to Chicago but whatever. It was almost as funny as when he was asked if he was going to watch Lebron's much-hyped return to Cleveland and he said no, he had some Season 2 Dexter episodes to catch up on.

I have no animosity toward Lebron for going to Miami and I think most of the vitriol is just ridiculous.

1 month sounds about right. You lose, it is a Miami Heat avatar of my choosing (to be chosen before the finals). If I lose, it is an avatar of whatever team you choose (chosen before the finals).
Sounds good.

I'm glad Bulls didn't sign Bron. With D-Rose and LeBron on the same team, you would see some of the same problems that you see with LeBron/Wade attempting to share the ball, only worse. Rose is perfect for that team. He is the point... He has the ball. The other players know their roles.

That is a real team. Throw Bron in there and, yeah... the talent level is through the roof, but Rose does not flourish with James pounding the ball at the top of the key... he wouldn't have anything close to the MVP season he is having now. He'd be averaging something like 18-5-4 with LeBron there. And we all know LeBron cannot flourish in an offense with a ball-dominant point guard.

Also, Chicago wouldn't have made half their offseason acquisitions if they would've signed LeBron.

Bulls are fine, they need a legit 2 and they're set.

^I was actually hoping for Wade to come... I'd rather see Rose, Wade, Deng, Gibson, Noah over Rose, Bogans, Lebron, Gibson, Noah... but sure, I would've loved to see anyone join the bulls who could help them win. I loved Rose's response when asked about him not wanting Lebron - he said he texted him and told him he wouldn't mind if he came to Chicago but whatever. It was almost as funny as when he was asked if he was going to watch Lebron's much-hyped return to Cleveland and he said no, he had some Season 2 Dexter episodes to catch up on.

I have no animosity toward Lebron for going to Miami and I think most of the vitriol is just ridiculous.

Then we are cool.

It just seems that almost every fan and media outlet has vilified James for simply taking advantage of free agency. I understand there were some things that upset people, like "The Decision", but it is time to get over it.

It seems like people are simply upset about the supposed unfair competitive advantage a three superstar team might present, and they find whatever reason they can to justify their anger as anything other than bias for their own team.

I know Cavs fans have every right to be upset, as any sports fan should be if a superstar leaves town. But they have gone way too far. I know LeBron comes off as a douche (Axl's words) sometimes, but nobody really knows how he is in real life. You got to respect the way he balls. Jordan and Kobe come off 10 times more douchy than LeBron ever did, and I can still respect the way they dominate the game.

I think people hate LeBron now more than they hated Kobe when everybody thought he raped a bitch. That is just fucked up.

^hey be nice - raped a lady. She was perfectly lovely and not a bitch at all. ;)

I'm sure just about everyone who is THAT good, THAT young, THAT wealthy and THAT surrounded by yes-men is going to be a huge fucking douche but I'm with you - I don't give a shit about that. I'm not looking to hang out with the guy, I just want to watch good basketball.

Then we are cool.

It just seems that almost every fan and media outlet has vilified James for simply taking advantage of free agency. I understand there were some things that upset people, like "The Decision", but it is time to get over it.

It seems like people are simply upset about the supposed unfair competitive advantage a three superstar team might present, and they find whatever reason they can to justify their anger as anything other than bias for their own team.

I know Cavs fans have every right to be upset, as any sports fan should be if a superstar leaves town. But they have gone way too far. I know LeBron comes off as a douche (Axl's words) sometimes, but nobody really knows how he is in real life. You got to respect the way he balls. Jordan and Kobe come off 10 times more douchy than LeBron ever did, and I can still respect the way they dominate the game.

I think people hate LeBron now more than they hated Kobe when everybody thought he raped a bitch. That is just fucked up.

Lol since when was Bosh a superstar?

^it depends what your criteria is but his last 2 years in Toronto he averaged 23ppg and 10rpg.

^I'm completely with you - I was just more so offering (weak) rationale for why some may claim he is/was.

In my eyes, he's an above-average PF who erroneously believes he's a franchise player.

bosh is hard to stop for any PF when he's "on," as evidence by him eating gasol over the last few match ups." unfortunately hes not "on" that often at all and he can be a defensive liability at times

^yeah but you have to balance those against his hilarious 1/18 night against the bulls.

That's the big difference with Miami and teams like SA, Chi, Dallas... Miami loses by 30 to SA then like a week later beats them by 30. You don't see that kind of variance and inconsistency (both down AND up) from the other 'elite' teams.

Ya totally agree. Its nearing the 70th game of the season and and the good things said about bosh are few and far between (more lately than before). That's not what you ideally want going into the playoffs. The thing about Miami in a 7 gamer against an elite team is you need great games from all three. This has been tough for them during the regular season but will be even tougher in the playoffs. In a series your seeing the same team everytime, defenses start to get a feel for your play especially when it's one demensional

Status
Not open for further replies.