• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) "Vodka"

just a word of warning: the best alcohol to stick to is ethanol.
Seriously? The hangover isn't warning enough that this is one of the worst?
Tertiary alcohols have potential along with similar agonists like GHB. They have little to no hangover and far less harmful effects on the body.
The acute risks are higher, but this is nothing on chronic risks for a careful user.

Seriously? The hangover isn't warning enough that this is one of the worst?
Tertiary alcohols have potential along with similar agonists like GHB. They have little to no hangover and far less harmful effects on the body.
The acute risks are higher, but this is nothing on chronic risks for a careful user.

I'd really translate the worry from my liver to my kidneys...

I'm gonna order a liter of this... I had no idea it was this cheap!

This is something to do on the weekends for a while...

I don't plan on chronically using this...
I will have a pinch tested. If it is, 6 or 7 ml to the head as soon as I find out the results...

So, it looks like 2m2b is becoming a very popular "research chemical".

I've been following this thread for quite some time, and have been looking into it, but now a simple google search brings up many results selling it as a "research chemical".

So, it looks like 2m2b is becoming a very popular "research chemical".

I've been following this thread for quite some time, and have been looking into it, but now a simple google search brings up many results selling it as a "research chemical".
Lots of vendors apparently read these threads for ideas. And this one doesn't require finding some Chinese lab to custom synth, they can just order it from a solvent supplier and sell it at a huge markup.

Lots of vendors apparently read these threads for ideas. And this one doesn't require finding some Chinese lab to custom synth, they can just order it from a solvent supplier and sell it at a huge markup.

Ridiculously huge.

Vendors are selling 10mL for 5eu. Compared to buying it from a reputable chem supplier at liter quantities for 20.

Thanks for the concern guys, I was just sayin I might bump it up to 10ml because thats what the RC company I got it off reccommends for "one experiment", I wasn't just randomly doubling the amount !. Il start at 5ml again next time and just go up by 2 ml until Im satisfied just incase, especially since Im buying it off a new company this time so if it was diluted it might not be this time.

@Psychedelic Jay
I wouldn't get a liter of this stuff man considering I've read some posts sayin it could be addictive in the same way benzodiazipines are. But then again it does taste pretty foul so that would put a person off doing it the whole time I reckon. Anyway Im no expert so do as you please!

@Psychedelic Jay
I wouldn't get a liter of this stuff man considering I've read some posts sayin it could be addictive in the same way benzodiazipines are. But then again it does taste pretty foul so that would put a person off doing it the whole time I reckon. Anyway Im no expert so do as you please!

This is a weekend thing.

10 ml x2 on weekends.

Ow geez I find GBL burps foul (but not GHB), not really having interest in worse chemical solventy shit. Does it remind of what in Germany I think is called fusel-alcohol? The low-quality beer or distilled taste?

Ow geez I find GBL burps foul (but not GHB), not really having interest in worse chemical solventy shit. Does it remind of what in Germany I think is called fusel-alcohol? The low-quality beer or distilled taste?

No, this is not responsible for the taste of fusel alcohol.

LOL, Don't let it sit in your mouth...

Reports on this sound good, but we've kind of strayed from the original topic.

Has anyone had success diluting this to approximately an equipotent liquid to ethanol? Has anyone found good flavors to pair this with to suppress the taste? Etc?

I just tried 2-methyl-2-butanol and it is by far the worst tasting liquid I've ever encountered, and I've accidentally drank gasoline trying to syphon it. Anyway, I found that the best way to dose this stuff is with gel caps and a dropper or pipet. I wouldn't try keeping it in gel caps for a long period of time but they lasted long enough for me to fill them, weigh them, and swallow them, which took at least 30 seconds. Going forward, this is how I'm going to ingest it. I first tried diluting 1ml in a shot glass full of water, which would be about the same as one shot of 80 proof liquor, and it was still almost unbearable to get down. It made 151 taste like apple juice in comparison. Gel caps are the way to go IMO.

Can't be worse than toluene...I just got a mouthfull of that the other day overdoing it with a pipette, that was ALMOST worse than GBL, and burnt like hell.

Why not dilute the 2MTB in say, 20ml of water and go shove it up your arse? works for GBL, and it hits fast as hell in the case of GBL too.

I've just ordered 10ml of this, what would you say the best starting dose is? Not to feel intoxicated but just to feel the light-headed drunk stage, as I was thinking of having a little bit before going out tomorrow night.

Ohh I tried about 2ml not diluted and mixed it with some apple juice, ohh its fuckin amazin!!! Hahaha!!

Please be really careful if you're planning to mix it with alcohol, avoid it if you can. There may well be a mutual potentiation effect.

Thats why I bought it lol, cos I'm not spending £4 on some crappy vodka haha

this is 10x more euphoric thab ethanol, plus I've got some benzo fury for later!! :D

Are you willing to bet someone's life on it?
Trick question...

That's their choice...
I have to agree with Jay. If I write that some obscure chemical had some effect on me at a certain dose and someone takes it at that dose and gets killed, then they were either not being careful enough or they were unforeseeably sensitive. How are any of the RC dose ranges known? Someone had to have the balls to be first and share their report, even if they could be sued. To take it first and not share the report helps nobody - it puts all the risk you had to take on the next person when it didn't have to. People vary so much that someone, somewhere is going to die on the typical dose of many of the RCs. Lucky for them, as members of the general population they are unlikely to try RCs, much less that one. I see giving dose information in myself as harm reduction for the next person who might have otherwise started much higher. If I told a person what I think they should take, then I would be liable. But I just mind my own business and take responsibility for that.