• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) "Vodka"

First time I bought some I did 7~ml in about a pint of lemonade which was pretty funky but didn't really notice much (friends did so couldn't have been bunk, they didnt even drink EtOH). If 2m2b is 25 times more potent then 7ml = 175ml EtOH which is about .5 litres Vodka which should get me drunk but i did sip it over a course of a long time.

Second time I threw about 7mls in 1.5l lemonade, threw in lime, orange, strawberry and raspberry squashes in so they settles in a lovely rainbow. Didn't taste great but I lose all taste after 1 beer. Anyway, got very drunk after having it all in 30-45mins~. Got very tired about 2 hours later and fell asleep in a social situation (never have this problem).

So overall I'm a bit iffy but will probably get more from a different vendor because I was slightly short changed by 5mls/30ml ordered and I think it could have been diluted down a little too.

It would be very difficult to tell without looking at the spec sheet or a GC/MS analysis.

Maybe it's isoamylene, from dehydration of the 3' alcohol. maybe it's some positional isomer with a similar boiling point.

If 2m2b is 25 times more potent then 7ml = 175ml EtOH which is about .5 litres Vodka which should get me drunk

I'm not sure if this potency equivalence can be correct. Half a liter of vodka should not just get someone drunk but balls-out bombed. :p

ebola

It would be very difficult to tell without looking at the spec sheet or a GC/MS analysis.

Maybe it's isoamylene, from dehydration of the 3' alcohol. maybe it's some positional isomer with a similar boiling point.

ok, thank you ! could they be toxic ?

I used 2m2b several times now.
When I used it in first few times (5-15ml), it was nice, sedating and euphoric, with no hangover.
This time, two days ago, I foolishly slightly overdid it. I used around 4+4+8+4 ml during the night combined with 20 mg 2-fma rectal. This was really fun, I was at party and felt crazy high and happy, but after that I slept for entire day and night, and I have that acetone taste in my mouth still, which drives me crazy.

Also, I combined it with a shot of tequila, not a good idea.

I am still very lethargic and want to sleep, and also pretty nauseous. Luckily, I have no anxiety or other side effects whatsoever, and also my mind don't seem to be more impaired or clogged than usual, I feel like I'm thinking well.

When I started to use RCs several years ago I was very cautious and did not redose at all, and that was very right thing to do. Anyway, i doubt I will use 2M2B anyway soon, I had my experience with it. It is not bad substance, but everything is good in moderation.

I think that the 2fma might have also compelled you to choose a reckless dosing schedule.

ebola

As far as quantity of vodka goes, it depends entirely on tolerance.

Being on chlormethiazole has caused me to build a bugger of a tolerance, and it takes at the very least, a pint and a quarter or so of vodka to get me drunk enough to properly feel it.

it seems tertiary alcohols like tert-Amyl alcohol (TAA), also known as 2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) cannot be oxidised to aldehyde or carboxylic acid metabolites (the oxidisation here is what happens in alcohol and along with stomach irritation, dehydration ethanol is metabolised into acetaldehyde which is toxic and is what damages your liver with long term heavy use or binging.

To me (2M2B) seems safer than ethanol overall, there are few drugs at recreational level that are 100% non toxic with the exceptions of eaten cannabis, morphine used occasionally at safe doses(addiction can put strain on your kidneys), LSD at safe 300mcg type levels and psilocybin, apparently you'd need to eat KILOS of pure psilocybin to damage ones internal organs and kill you.

but unless there's long term things lurking it seems (2M2B) being a tertiary alcohol may put a little bit of strain on your liver but compared to alcohol that damages your kidneys, brain, liver, heart and the like 2M2B come out way on top toxicity wise.

my uncle died of alcoholism at 50 and i DETEST prohibition he obviously had a hole in him (a disease/mental heath issue...he was abused a lot during childhood)and needed something to kill the pain (I'm the same i have to have SOMETHING and have many addictions) but regulated pharmaceutically made drugs less toxic than alcohol or prescription of cannabis or no prohibition would have lead to much accelerated organic chemistry research into less harmful non addictive recreational drugs for those with a severe addictive genetics/personality at the very least they could have had him on a closely watched Valium script to replace the alcohol he craved but cause its a legal drug he was just left to die sectioned in a nursing home with huge swollen veins round his neck till they choked him, even at the nursing home he could sneak out and get booze!(to be honest our whole family bloodline have inherited for several generations very addictive natures... hereditary addictive genetic predisposition?)

i use mxe to get drunk without a hangover, that's VERY nice but i don't see why this form of tertiary alcohol is not being tested and looked at as a diluted bottled drink to replace alcohol, it seems (2M2B) would be superior for public health in general to replace alcohol although the duration is an issue (people intoxicated for too long may impact driving) but i think with what we know now of organic chemistry we could think up a nation wide healthier replacement for alcohol, to be fair Dr Nutt the ex government drugs expert is researching this.

but yeah as far as i can see 2M2B as long as you have it a good few hours before sleep and aren't driving in the morning 2M2B looks like a safer less toxic alternative to ethanol, I'd take it instead of ethanol personally.

just gotta hunt some out now :p

Last edited:
of course it doesn't need to be said all substances can be abused, used very stupidly and can cause addiction physical, psychological or both... its just 2M2B could maybe be prescribed as a less toxic alternative to incurable alcoholics maybe? i don't see a flaw in that, my uncle could be alive today

Probably the same as oral. i expect oral b.a. is pretty high.

2m2b has good water solubility and is a neutral tertiary alcohol; I wouldn't expect too much burning.

2m2b has good water solubility and is a neutral tertiary alcohol; I wouldn't expect too much burning.

Ok, if this goes through very little changes in the body...

Do I have to worry about things like duration? It doesn’t seem to linger into the next day. I am worried I might be accumulating this greatness in my system.

And we all know too much greatness is a bad thing...

apparently you'd need to eat KILOS of pure psilocybin to damage ones internal organs and kill you.

Um, not so much.

If we're like rabbits, the LD50 is about 12.5 mg/kg. With that LD50, at 220 lbs, I'd be hitting that LD50 at 1.25 grams of psilocybin.
If we're like rats or mice, the LD50 is about 280 mg/kg. That means I'd need to take about 28 grams.

I think maybe you were thinking about kilos of the mushrooms themselves, not the purified substance.

Source: Just freakin' erowid because I'm lazy. They pull those numbers from the Merck Index, 12th ed.

Hi, I've just joined this forum, and it seems like I'd fit in alright here c: I was wondering, degree, if any, does this substance have in terms of anxiolysis? Like, say, could it be used to calm oneself down from a bad trip on a psychedelic?

Aṣṭātriṁśa;11871219 said:
Hi, I've just joined this forum, and it seems like I'd fit in alright here c: I was wondering, degree, if any, does this substance have in terms of anxiolysis? Like, say, could it be used to calm oneself down from a bad trip on a psychedelic?

If you have any experience with high dose alcohol, then this is kinda in the same league... except no painfully agonising hangover.