• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Aye it's good once you work out your ideal dosage regime.

I have come to dislike it more and more over time. Now, regardless of the dose, it just seems to induce a state of anxiety. I'm alert for a couple hours, in a nervous sort of way. Then I feel very tired and burned out.

A few friends tried it, one liked it but didn't want any more (preferred ritalin or other easy to get stims), one said it felt like the ass end of caffeine, another kinda liked it and said it might be ok for emergency situations where you need to be awake, but that other drugs would be better. Into the toilet it went!

How much did you take? I find 7.5 mg makes me anxious. 5 mg is my upper limit.

I don't think MDPV is much of a cocaine replacement ... much more subtle. And I would have said it is much less euphoric, but today I had taken the regimen mentioned above and I was absolutely manic. I was so happy walking on campus to study I wanted to scream 8o ... I wouldn't mind feeling like that every day (especially when I'm going to study). 8( =D

"Jacked" is not a description I would attribute to the feeling on MDPV. In my experience it hasn't ever been the "I'm high on drugs" feeling like the high of coke.

the lower the better. i had about 2mg this morning and was great, then stupidly took a bit more and whooops oh god im thinking of sex at work.

fucken ! ;)

So many people gave it the thumbs up I wasn't going to give up on it easily. I've taken doses 2mg to 15mg at once, in various situations from well rested and wide awake to sleep deprived and barely functioning (from other things, not drug-induced "the spiders are in the shadows" lack of sleep).

If I get a good night's rest, wake up on time, eat a decent meal, let it pass on through, and then take even 2mg I can tell a certain minor altertness. Actually it doesn't feel unlike vinpocetine. It was nothing I'd think of as recreational in the slightest. With the other nootropics like piracetam that I have been taking for a while and am very familiar with, I could still pick it out at that amount.

Then I shelved it for a while after getting up to 10mg and needed to take some clonazepam to settle myself down.

I went back to it, 5mg, tried to use it a while when I had to hunker down and find some bugs in someone else's ... poorly written/maintained software (fucking outsourcing! I can't read the comments or function/varible names! its like a fucked up logic puzzle).

That was "ok" but I felt kinda dodgy as it wore off and wanted more, even though I didn't really want more if that makes any sense. If I did take more, well, no sleep/broken sleep that night and not much more in the way of effects. I guess they continued at a reduced level.

Eventually it just got to where taking it at all made me feel kind of bad (I guess its worth mentioning I loaded on antioxidants like I would for MDMA, but I don't see how that would make anything worse).

I did send some to a friend that is fond of stimulants of this sort. I will be interested to hear his conclusions.

fizzacyst said:
If I get a good night's rest, wake up on time, eat a decent meal, let it pass on through, and then take even 2mg I can tell a certain minor altertness. Actually it doesn't feel unlike vinpocetine. It was nothing I'd think of as recreational in the slightest.

I agree, it is somewhat reminiscent of vinpocetine. And definitely not recreational in the slightest for me.

Eh, I used it recreationally pretty successfully recently. I took 10mg orally, then redosed 5-10mg via insufflation on 4 separate occasions throughout the day/night, 2 or so hours apart. I actually found it quite recreational and easier to handle than cocaine, but a little disturbing in a way as well. it was also really hard to go to sleep and for the first two hours I had a little too much stimulation.

I find it good as a nootropic/concentration aid in low (5mg or less) oral doses, but nothing spectacular. Once when I took a 10mg oral dose for nootropic purposes at work I became quite euphoric for about an hour. Unexpected, but pleasant!

Snorting this stuff definitely changes it, though. It becomes much more cocaine-like IME.

MDPVagrant said:
My own favorite mode of admin was to dissolve it in dh2o and put it in a metered nasal sprayer. Then I'd just take hits whenever I felt like it.

Great minds think alike I suppose... heh.

Odd thing about MDPV is I never fiend for it; only the perpetual redosing until I'm done. Can easily go months and months without any and without it in my mind. Then one day I take it, and just keep on keeping on.

What a peculiar chemical.

Looking at the stuff now. Looks pretty brown, is that normal?
Considering IV to experience a rush, but want to be damn careful.

People are saying it makes you horny. I get horny on meth and MDMA but can't do anything about it most of the time with sex. is MDPV the opposite?

Splatt said:
Looking at the stuff now. Looks pretty brown, is that normal?
Considering IV to experience a rush, but want to be damn careful.

People are saying it makes you horny. I get horny on meth and MDMA but can't do anything about it most of the time with sex. is MDPV the opposite?

hmm. mine was off white, maybe a little brown. But definitely not brown enough for me to think it was brown.

as for horny... well... put it this way... if i wasnt in pain from taking too much (ands its sooo easy to do) then whenever i took it i'd be at home whacking off or trying to convince the missus that one more time wont give her chafing ;)

ps i never really rushed off it, unless i took too much. and you do not want to take too much.

About the same colour as say smack? Yes a lot of what was knocking about was like that due to a 2% pyrrolidine impurity I believe. OK for all usual route of admin except smoking/vapourization due to dodgy pyrolysis products

MDPVagrant said:
Eh, I always thought people made too much of this. Could it be just taking small to moderate doses of downers completely wipes out this supposed tendency of MDPV to cause nasty panic attacks? I never had a problem with it, except twice in combination with kratom, and I would just keep redosing purely on whim with the stuff. Or maybe it was exactly this style of dosing, following what my body said instead of some fixed dosage that tended to prevent it.

i didnt get panic attacks, i got headaches. Big throbbing headaches and major heating/sweating problems. I swear my sweat smelt like cum. very embarrassing.

oh i dont smoke cigarettes but i fiended for them on high doses. i used to like mdpv but will happily pass from now on, i dont think it likes me.

I had a totally retarded night of MDPV usage and the main negative side effects I had were a sore/constricted throat (presumably due to the irritant qualities of the 2% pyrollidine impurity), overstimulation, and feeling like a complete and total horse's ass. I put a thread about it on Trip Reports. May still be there, or archived.

The stuff I had was brownish white. I would describe it as "sandstone."

This "german patent" thing that I keep stumbling upon, is this a reason why MDPV seems so hard to come by? I mean, certain designer drugs are flourishing, but MDPV is just... dead?

MDPVagrant said:
IMO, MDPV is hard to come by mostly due to accident and happenstance, not unpopularity. It will never be anywhere near as popular as methylone, but seems to have a small but devoted hardcore group of fans. IMO this fan-base will continue to increase once more people have the opportunity to try it (which I understand is probably going to be happening soon).

Even though I've had a few rough nights on MDPV, where I maybe took too much and too frequent, resulting in paranoia, hard comedowns, nausea and god knows what, I can easily say I love this chemical. "Hardcore group of fans". I like that. Another way to put it would be "addicts". ;) I so pray to whatever gods are up there I will know where and when to order, before it sells out. Again. :|

something about 'blood itching' as an acute and resonant effect of post market withdrawal, to quote someone...

I think nanobrain is talking about long-term withdrawl symptoms from MDPV, which would not be affected by MOA.

NB: Some of the MDPV contained an impurity that could be contributing to long-term discomfort/symptoms.

I would be interested to see how people that used the chem that resulted in higher levels of ingestion of the impurity as opposed to people that stuck mainly to oral (where MAO could destroy the little bit of impurity). So, MDPV smokers vs. MDPV oral users. I bet the smokers are showing much more signs of toxicity due to the impurity..

Status
Not open for further replies.