• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would smoking it in a bong change anything other than catching a substantial amount of MDPV in the water since it is soluble ?
MDPV is not safe to be smoked until someone determines that it is and a pure product becomes available. Unless the source is trusted, even then an HPLC and spectral analysis would be necessary to assure there was no impurity, as the last source would have certainly avoided that if it could have.
It works better via other methods of admin. Lasts longer and decreases the craving for more, same as crack vs salt cocaine.. I smoked some when initially acquiring it before reading about the impurity and found it not to be much better than oral. In fact, I still prefer oral dosing of this stuff above other modes.
It would be nice if someone sprung the cash to have the vaporization products analyzed. It would not be difficult with the starting product. Just vaporize into a condenser flask and wash out the residue with polar and non polar solvents, then test...

^ You forgot chromatography? Of course, even a TLC without further characterization would be interesting.

HPLC is high pressure liquid chromatography. Best way to separate different molecules. TLC would probably not be of great use though it can be accomplished at home. Column chromatography would be better for those with patience.

Point with TLC would be to see if it transforms into several other compounds and to get an approximation of to what extent. We all now there are other, better, things available, but I think resources are scarce in a project like this.

Last edited:
Had some more of this recently, nice stuff, not so good for concentration but fun socially..

Interesting... I do this stuff and sit gazing at my computer screen for 12 hours straight with no breaks, and people say it's no good for concentration...

Depends what you're concentrating on! (it's great if you're concentrating on being a sweaty pervert =D)

MDPVagrant said:
Suppose the following experiment was performed:

A ~63kg orangutan was hooked to a continuous-drip IV line supplying 0.9% w/v NaCl solution, with a button (accessible to the animal) to release MDPV into the drip.

The animal was then allowed to self-administer MDPV as desired, except the flow was shut off at night and the animal fed and administered a sleep aid. In the morning, the animal was aroused, fed, and IV drip re-started.

Over the course of eight days, the animal self-administered a total of approx. one gram of MDPV, at which time the IV line was removed and the experiment discontinued.

~16 hours later, the animal has shown no signs whatsoever of any "crash" or issues related to receptor downregulation.

Would I be correct in assuming that: (A) blood levels of MDPV would still be very high after dosing like this, despite lack of obvious pharmacological effects, and therefore (B) any potential "crash" could be delayed by a couple days, maybe more?

I don't really know how orangutans metabolize MDPV (and I doubt anyone here does), so let's suppose for argument's sake this was a human. If anyone knows enough about e.g. MDPV's half-life to provide a rough estimate of when meaningful effects of dopamine receptor downregulation might be observed, please reply... thanks.

Your post is all hypothetical. Most likely the monkey would crash, and crash hard at that. What are you getting at?

I did write a better reply but managed to lose it.

Mr Vagrant have you considered that the pharmocokinetics of MDPV in humans or even orangutans is pretty much an unknown?
You are exploring the unknown here, and you are I am afraid exploring alone. perhaps people don't have the knowledge here or if there is they do they do not want it public domain. additionally many here do not share your fixation with MDPV. so give people a break.

My point here is that you should rely on your own obvious intellegence to find the answers you seek,

speculations:
guessing: the half life is almost certainly less than 8 hrs so a steady state would be achieved in say 40hrs or earlier especially if the drug was used on a load and maintain schedule. then drug use is stopped, the plasma levels and brain levels should decline, though what type of elimination and metabolism profile it has would dictate how long it took to decline, also a factor here is tolerance, tolerance would have built up so the effect of any given level would be greater on the up slope than the down slope, how much tolerance is an issue is another unknown. I guess 20 hours from the last dose to reach base levels. you could easily have worked that out yourself :\

In summary an unknown was guessed at and then combined with some other unknowns that were also guessed at then a figure was derived. this doesn't make the slightest bit of difference because in the real world the orangutan is either going to crash, or isn't going to crash whether he knows it or not.

Insults And Childishness

this is a general warning,
Do not use insults to make a point or throw your toys out of the cot, it doesn't help or create a constructive atmosphere at all. My patience is wearing very thin and if you do use insults you will be spanked that ends the announcement

^ Go vecktor that's telling him!! I never ever heard of good old fashioned punitive measures being utilised by modz on BL until now. You have broken the mould !:D

Que` ~ Is childishness on it's own liable to attract corporal punishment ? FMI only question.;)

Getting pissed off at people because of a lack of replies is a sign of impatience pure & simple. Many who post here have other things going on in their lives so aren't sitting poised to answer every question posted (I'm rather sad in the time I spend here and even I take a while to reply to some posts). I'll enter the arean of sopeculation and say that such behaviour is a distinct side effect of MDPV (or stimulant) overuse and nothing to do with the other members who post here. Take a break from it, let your brain have a chance to reset and then read your posts back and see if you think you're responses are indicative of overdoing the stuff... I'd venture a yes

Que` ~ Is childishness on it's own liable to attract corporal punishment ? FMI only question

Don't think so or I'd be black & blue all over my arse on a semi-perm basis! =D I think I qualify for the 'never left the bloody playground' label more often than I'm comfortable with if I'm honest. Besides, childishness also comes with positive traits if you think about it - how many 'mature' adults have the same zeal & passion of enquiry as kids? All of the best scientists I've read about retain some of that childish zeal of enquiry that drives them to find out where most adults would give it up as being not woth the bother.

Getting the mix right (& asppropriate)is what's important

Vector is only doing what I should have been doing over such things if I wasn't so soft (and/or plain lazy!) in my approach. That doesn't mean that I wont back him 100% in his actions when he does so though, so you might want to consider this the 'good cop/bad cop' approach & I think vector is possibly going to impliment a much needed 'Dirty Harry' attitude when required to make up for my usual 'Inspector Clouseau' approach

Last edited:
Don't think so or I'd be black & blue all over my arse on a semi-perm basis

I am relieved to hear that F & B :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;) =D

* runs away*

fastandbulbous said:
Getting pissed off at people because of a lack of replies is a sign of impatience pure & simple. Many who post here have other things going on in their lives so aren't sitting poised to answer every question posted (I'm rather sad in the time I spend here and even I take a while to reply to some posts).
If most knew you they would think otherwise and BE patient.....
You are a gem- just like that 'other' family-=D

ADD is going crazy!!! Ahhh!!!

Methinks there needs to be a cloud of DMT smoke blowing through here and reducing the misconceptions!

Perhaps some lysergic acid diethyamide dissolve in DMSO and sprayed over everybody. Strip down so we can get the crevasses!

love,
SS

^ Lol at "crevasses"

Ah I assumed it was deliberate , if not *shrugs* well a little mockery is good for your soul , allegedly < inserts appropriate smileys etc >

Status
Not open for further replies.