• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

But only an addict would WANT to try heroin. Think back to the days before taking 200mgs of Oxy wasn't like taking fucking NyQuil. Did heroin ever cross your mind? Opiates are progressive and heroin is the last stop. Literally

i would personally encourage anyone who is considering jumping to heroin to stop drop and roll the fuck out of that mindset . i first tried heroin 2 years ago one night after a long day of drinking with friends . after already dealing with opiate addiction in the past i felt ready to only get high that one time . as much as i regret it and still do i been chasing that feeling since and i've lost friends to it, lost my job and now have a dead end job for 8 an hour busting my ass doing construction work , i sat down after work and considered if i would put up with this shit job if it wasn't my only route currently to score money for dope . it's so sad that dope has negatively affected my life and altered its course , i've never stolen or robbed anyone and for the most part i don't lie too much for my habit unless it happens to be to my dad or family members which is necessary .

even those lies make me feel horrible , my mother passed 3 years ago and every time i use i think how ashamed she is of me .

i swore after doing it by sniffing i wouldn't ever shoot it up, another lie i shot up a few weeks ago although it is honestly way too hardcore for me and i've gone back to sniffing since .

don't try this drug

likeakite, even your extremely guided encouragement of a small amount of heroin use is dumb, any addict with a heart will tell you that we wish this feeling we live with upon no one .... it's up to us not to glamorize it

I know, and I'm sad to see that our youth going away, our life become so powerless and above all I truly believe it takes the good things and values we have learned and earned. We are losing that battle and it seems that more and more people are now trying it. When we stop all those great things we start to feel only to realise we think of it almost everyday never mind if you stopped it a week ago or few year back. It's always messing with most of us.

If someone wants to try it, at least give yourself a gift and read through the thread. You've came so far and it's not by accident you are looking into responses right here. That's got to mean something.

Just don't. A friend of mine finally got sober from dope this year after using it for 25 years which includes overdosing many times, relapses, being homeless, and alienated from actual friends and family who care about you.

^ Precisely.
It took nearly two decades for me to be able to react. There is no life only sadness and shadows, glimpses of reality.
A lifetime nightmare.

I never came back to update, maybe because there wasn't much to say... I Relapsed. The crazy thing is, I hate the fuck out of opiate high which by me is really LOW, but anyways I got my girlfriend into a 120 Day inpatient program and I continued using for about a month and a half until I got myself some Suboxone 8mg strips. I originally started using as she was supposedly getting them, when that turned out to be a lie I kept using and hoping for sub's. Well, damn near a year to date and I finally got a bunch. I'm happy as shit it was either 2 jabs or bunch 'o subs and being that my GF is in rehab its perfect time to get clean as she is just too goddamn weak to say no and I'm too goddamn much in love with her to say no and I'm not saying this as a way to justify my use it just like that with anything when it comes to her.

Now, Mr.Scagnattie, being that I've never seen a real doc to get these, im on my third day (fifth day without dope) I am still uncomfortable and can't seem to get the time/dose right. I'm still lightyears ahead of what I felt like before taking any Suboxone, I just can't seem to get it right. Also, about 6-7 20$ bags of good shit a day damn near every day. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the amount I used to use and need to give the Suboxone few days to start working.

Thanks all. And please, just say NO.

Edit to add: My original post was last year 3/3/14

That was my last post and after that I decided to just stick with the sobriety at all cost...

Anyways, all was well until September '15, my mother in law committed suicide, not being able to take the loss of her son, she found him OD'd in his computer chair wit a rig stuck in his arm and the tourniquet still tied tight.

After her suicide my GF relapsed and pulled me in shortly thereafter. By December '15 I was back to doing quit a bit and then decided to leave Chicago and come back to Phoenix where my family is, for support. We came back to Phoenix in January and both kicked it again but by April first my GF got sick, her legs swell up and she wasn't earing or drinking anything... After a week of saying shit is gonna get better and it not getting but worse I still couldn't talk her into going to the hospital. On the 10th day I finally got her to agree to go see a doctor in the morning after getting some sleep. I went to check in her around 3 am an found her taking her last breath... She died in my arms and I found out from autopsy that her liver and kidneys failed due to past opiate abuse (2009-2011 pills of all kind and 2011-2016 heroin off and on).

I lost my best friend and girlfriend of eleven years, the mother of my four children who didn't deserve to lose their mom at the and get of 28, before they really got to even know her. Thank got for my parents and the fact that they have money and are willing to help even after all I put them thru, I guess they're doing it for the kids really... I relapsed after her death and am again writing this while in WDs and so much pain both physical and especially emotional. I haven't really death with her passing yet, I'm yet to go thru grieving process and it scares the shit out of me but I know I have to, I can take the only parent my kids have away from them, it's too selfish a thing to do.

I came back to say that we don't have time to get clean, we don't know how long we have so saying that were gonna do it soon or one of these days is just stupid and unreasonable to even think, every shot/dose may be the last. Stop kidding yourself, this shit is no joke, it kills, period.

If you have never tried it, thank God for it and stay far, far away. If you have, I hope you don't like it. If you're on it, please do yurself and especially your loved ones a favor and quit, like, right now!!

That was my last post and after that I decided to just stick with the sobriety at all cost...

If you have never tried it, thank God for it and stay far, far away. If you have, I hope you don't like it. If you're on it, please do yourself and especially your loved ones a favor and quit, like, right now!!

That's perfect Necko. Let's quit together, and in here. You can do this!! <3

In regards to OP, I've known plenty of people who have sniffed it as a one time thing or a weekend social thing. I know people who sniffed and sold everything they owned that a pawn shop would take. But, the people who shoot it is a different crowd. I never met anyone who recreationally shoots dope. Shooting it up and you're at a way higher risk to get hooked, and you know the rest of the story...OD, jail, losing trust with friends and family, health/wealth, etc.

Just my experience

as long as you dont inject it, heroin is no different than any other opioid. once you start shooting it, its the needle that is the most addictive part about it. if you dont already shoot up, dont start, and treat heroin with the same caution you would any other opioid.

also note that in most states in the US you can buy Narcan OTC. every opioid user should have narcan on hand and make sure people around you know how to administer it, and make sure other users know you have it - you never know when you might get a call out of the blue to come save a life.

That's BS, I'm sorry but at the end most people simply can't forget about it. And that alone is a nightmare. These are excuses we use to keep having it around. I've been there. And it took ages for me to realize how fuc up I was. Something bad just about to happen, you just don't know when. I hope I'm wrong. But I've past that phase and it lasted. I had also thought the phase could have lasted 4ever and ever. Wish I had read something like this, not that it would have made any difference but it would get me thinking.

Last edited:
Its up to you. I'd say no, from experience, it changes you. If you do try it, just snort it

It will slow the process, at least. IV'ing H right away might lead you to rock bottom real fast imo/e.

I tried H recently snorted/plugged and was disappointed. Its powerful but oral morphine is just as good and good poppy tea is better. Codeine delivers more addictive rush even the high is weak. Oxy gets me "higher". Thats just me but if theres no IVing it not worth the stigma and dangers of street stuff. IV use I have chosen to avoid and have managed to do so for several years and not really interested in it because I know it would be downhill. So if thats not an option then dont bother even.

The illusion in believing you have an option often leads most of us to disgrace. Many of those H users we meet sometimes don't think they have a problem. Actually they say they do it occasionally and have opted not to be addicted. It seems this is more like to be the rule rather than the exception.

Great thread. I started bc Ive been a chronic pain patient for almost 20 years, starting at childhood. After 12 years on meds my insurance dropped me so I had no choice. My scripts are about 3k a month and street prices for em are about the same. I actually hate it tho. Recreationally, Opana highs at least last a long time. H is like a few minutes. Lame. Plus I started with an insane tolerance. Steer clear if you can bc you're very quickly just paying out the ass to not get sick while your high gets weak and boring.

^ Sorry to hear that. I hate pain, I hate having to deal with pain at any level. It's so depressing. I also had to use a lot of medications for pain and that eventually drove to darkness. The tolerance is such a problem. It grows fast and you have to catch up somehow.