• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

At first, it's fun. Then it turns into needing it to survive, and feel the way you once used to all the time without taking it. The chasing of the no longer massive high, constant withdrawal that feels like death, the loss of jobs, family, life- your one and only LIFE for what? A substance that lies to your brain basically making you feel great for being a loser. I recommend finding highs in life and make your life genuinely euphoric so that when you're on your death bed at an old age surrounded by the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, that you created then you you can say "That was a hell of a journey". Heroin will eventually destroy everything genuine. Your life will end as you nod out.. then pass out... then pass away.. and left a legacy of "just another druggie".

DON'T GET ME WRONG THOUGH!!! Experimentation is a very important part of my life and I have tried almost every drug known to man. Just with heroin, you almost need superpowers to resist it again. Same with painkillers. If you want to recreationally use drugs, use marijuana, coke in social situations, an OCCASIONAL Vicodin or Percocet on special occasions as if it were a treat such as the occasional going out to dinner, etc. Heroin becomes your life. Heroin becomes your death. The death of everything about you.

I have struggled with depression my entire life and have found that Suboxone gives me the motivation and energy to go out and get shit done, so no giving me "heroin is my only hope" because damnit, heroin does nothing but destroy. You may be sick if you feel otherwise.

Sources: Ex heroin and painkiller addict.

At first, it's fun. Then it turns into needing it to survive, and feel the way you once used to all the time without taking it. The chasing of the no longer massive high, constant withdrawal that feels like death, the loss of jobs, family, life- your one and only LIFE for what? A substance that lies to your brain basically making you feel great for being a loser. I recommend finding highs in life and make your life genuinely euphoric so that when you're on your death bed at an old age surrounded by the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, that you created then you you can say "That was a hell of a journey". Heroin will eventually destroy everything genuine. Your life will end as you nod out.. then pass out... then pass away.. and left a legacy of "just another druggie".

DON'T GET ME WRONG THOUGH!!! Experimentation is a very important part of my life and I have tried almost every drug known to man. Just with heroin, you almost need superpowers to resist it again. Same with painkillers. If you want to recreationally use drugs, use marijuana, coke in social situations, an OCCASIONAL Vicodin or Percocet on special occasions as if it were a treat such as the occasional going out to dinner, etc. Heroin becomes your life. Heroin becomes your death. The death of everything about you.

I have struggled with depression my entire life and have found that Suboxone gives me the motivation and energy to go out and get shit done, so no giving me "heroin is my only hope" because damnit, heroin does nothing but destroy. You may be sick if you feel otherwise.

Sources: Ex heroin and painkiller addict.

Because of this first 'fun' experience, you'll probably make that a mark dividing the best and worst parts of your life, right there when you try it just once. I suggest you try something else, not as harmful. Most of us who are struggling with heroin right now have passed through this exact same experience. The belief that the first time would not be that big of a deal.

I was never a heroin addict per se, though I was on even stronger opioids at one point, including when I tried heroin. I'll spare the whole addiction story because it's been mentioned many times, but I'll add this- I almost got busted my 2nd or 3rd time buying. I never used needles, never OD'd, and I'm not a hard opioid addict anymore, BUT- I could've ruined my record/future or even lost my freedom in the blink of an eye. Even if you think you're bulletproof when it comes to addiction (you're not), don't forget about the coppers. But what's far worse than that is that I'm too young to even rent a car and can think of 10+ people I was acquainted with in real life who are already dead. These weren't the hardcore junkies either, these were the kids who tried it "for fun" or used it here and there and OD'd. Many were younger than me. If you're already a junkie and try heroin, well good luck, but it's infinitely more dangerous if you have no real experience. I live in a heroin town and I hear about kids dying all the time, it becomes very real once you're around it on a regular basis. Heroin didn't seem that bad to me when I was more sheltered about it, it was just another opioid, but now? Yeah, don't even try it.

The first time i try H i was 21yo, quite late. Before that i experienced most drugs (weed, shrooms, lsd, ketamine, cocaine, mdma and of course alcohol) but i was asking myself always often which effect might have H. First time i smoked it, and it was quite good besides the nausea. Everything seems under control for about 6 months (i used H only a times over 2/3 weeks) than something happened, i fell in depression, anxiety and general life-releated stress, instead to react i dive into H and took me to begin a methadone treatment a year later. I have a close friend who continue to use it once per month and he has a normal life (he is an engineer), but everyone is different. You can try once and stop but there's always something that bind you to Her, if you aren't strong enough to react when lifes comes with his problem you seriously risk a fucking addiction.
What i say is: there's a lot of drugs out there, try something else.

I agree.
You can easily find yourself addicted mentally to H much less than 6 months and still think you are okay.
Sometimes you need to see that that point of scape is an illusion you can no longer avoid to miss. For me, after the first experience, it was already too late, although I kept fooling myself for years and years.
Good advice Greed420. Do something else.

Don't do it, don't even let the thought enter your mind. Even if you think "well I've done everything else, I will try it just to say that I've done it" would it really kill you to just not try it? Or would it kill you 2-3 years down the line. That's the excuse I used, tried everything else blah blah blah. It upsets me when people who are on it offer it to people who aren't, at the end of the day the choice is always ours, I blamed a person for years for getting me on it but like I said I could of quite easily said no but didn't so I don't blame them now but still believe you should not offer it to people who have never used it knowing what the consequences could be. I never have and never will. Now I'm using it just to be stable, if I want to get a nod it would cost a fortune. DO NOT TRY HEROIN OR ANY OTHER OPIOID, JUST COZ THEY FROM A DOCTOR DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT HIGHLY ADDICTIVE AND WILL FUCK YOUR LIFE UP AS A RESULT

If you aren't physically addicted, suggest you try to move further away while you still can.
Take care!

There's so much else to be considered. But, if even opium would be less harmful- not by much because that will probably also lead to Heroin eventually. I do get your point though..

I have wondered about this too, "Should I try Heroin " Under the right conditions, maybe just a tiny line...would be fine. But then you would start doing it little by little, until one day you realize that 5 months have passed by and know one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun! (guitar solo) pink floyd. But in the end it comes down to willpower or surrender, addiction or life.

Well, if you ARE going to try heroin for the first time, I would sugest the safest method there is. That is to use #3 base, made for smoking, and NOT the '#4' hydrochloride salt, which is water soluble and therefore suitable for insufflation and injection. There are some excellent 'brands' from Afghanistan, two of the better ones being 'Arctic Wolf' and 'Rolls Royce', named after the imprints on the bricks. Most that you are likely to encounter would be the Helmamd brands with '999' or the 'Sangin Heart' embossed. Catching the source before the stuff reaches Kosovo or Bulgaria, dependent on the route westwards, is important as those are the places where most adulteration takes place. Macedonia is the perfect place to source Afghani heroin.
The advantage, as long as you are smoking relatively pure product, is that by smoking, it takes only 7 seconds to pass the blood/brain barrier; after 2 minutes you will know the strength, and it is easy to stop when you reach the level of intoxication you desire - something impossible if using the salt and insufflating or injecting as you can not take it back out of your system without the use of a handy naloxone-filled syringe to bring you back from your overdose.
I am the sort of person who would never put anybody off trying it, but would certainly advise the safest and least harmful way.
Heroin in itself is a pretty benign drug when unadulterated; the danger comes from unknown strength and the idiocy of people who do not fully understand the onset/duration of action and who redose if they feel that they have not reached the peak they were looking for.
By allmeans, try the stuff, but please be careful about potency and the possibilities of overdosage, especially if you are not opioid tolerant!

I don't think that would work. You'll probably succeed in holding the addiction for a while but it will come after you. That's simple 'math'.
It could be safer though.

I figured I would revisit this website and thread to give an update on my journey with heroin.

A little over 8 months ago I posted...

New user here, but I have been lurking for awhile, and have read most of this thread.

I understand why most people say don't try it, but, as of right now, the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

I'm in my late 20s, and I have been doing dope for seven months now. All day, everyday. From the moment I get up until I hit the pillow. I've always snorted, and usually end up using 150-200mg a day.

It has helped tremendously. Before I was on dope, I felt miserable. I spent all day drinking beer. I still do, but I am much happier for the most part, and can now actually enjoy life. It also has helped my anxiety a tremendous amount.

With that said, it definitely has its fall backs. Having to always think about whether you have enough, having to find ways to get more, and going through inevitable withdrawals are no doubt burdens. However, for the most part it just helps with my depression and makes me feel "normal".

I would be foolish to think that I will not eventually grow to hate it, but as of right now, I am glad I tried it.

Just my honest two cents...

Since that time period, my views have changed on heroin. It has now absolutely gotten to the point where the negatives outweigh the positives. I've still never injected it, and am firmly against that, mainly because I am a poly drug user and I almost surely would be an OD victim if I go that route.

With that being said, since I made that post, my family and friends inevitably found out I was using. This has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

The dope still helps with my anxiety and depression but not to the degree it did. It's not until I am out and dope sick that I realize how much I "love it", or rather NEED it.

There is such a negative stigma around using dope, justifiably so, and when others find out you are using, they do unfortunately look at you differently.

After about 5-6 months of lying to my family about my use, I am finally ready to try to get help, and for the first time since I started using, I genuinely want to quit. After the holidays, I am going to go to an inpatient rehab facility for my heroin and alcoholism.

Hopefully I come out a better person and stay clean when I get out. I feel like I am finally ready to quit.

If anyone is reading this is considering making the jump to heroin - it simply isn't worth it.

If you like it enough, you simply will become an addict. It doesn't mean you will be a stereotypical strung out junkie, but your life will revolve around an illegal opiate, and you sooner than later will surely regret it.

I was herion addict for 6 years it took everything from me family house cars friends and my life on occasion the road of herion addiction Is brutal once u go down it it is tough to turn it around I now have 10 months and 9 days clean and I still think about using the disease of addiction is cunning baffling powerful an insidious but yet I know this and I still want to shoot dope in my veins if have bot tried I recommend u do not bc it will be a battle u will have to fight for the rest of ur life no bullshit

Congratulations Blackglovez!! That your post inspires many others who sees that by trying heroin they can continue to have a normal life. From my experience, there's the life most of us had before H and after H. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to Blulight!! :) <3

I should have known what would happen to me when I tried heroin around 2000. I would love it, and want to do it everyday. And that's what happened until I got clean in 2004. I think there is a difference between drug addicts and drug abusers. I am an addict. The difference is subtle, but there has to have been people who tried dope once and never again, but it probably won't be you.

That's a lottery most people would not get into knowing where they are now.
A Russian Rullet. There are bullets in but you could be lucky or statistically out.
If I have known what I know now, the world would have been so different.
And there are also those who died, passed away in public dirty bathrooms alone and miserable.