• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Just out of curiosity. I understand that some people in this thread have tried both methamphetamine and heroin and I was wondering which is more psychology addictive in your opinions since I've tried meth and heroin isn't available where I live. I understand opiates have a extreme physical withdrawals and that everyone is going to have different preferences as far as drugs. But I would just like to know some opinions on which one is more psychologically addictive?

Hi kid ku$h,

I would have to say in my opinion Heroin is much more psychologically addictive and more addictive all around especially if you IV it!!

Meth is really bad, but I just think hands down H has it beat... Idk though where I live east coast H and pills are the major epidemics and when I went to cali meth was the epidemic, Idk different strokes for different folks ...

To each is own.

Aqueous solutions intranasally: oxymorphone HCl and Rx heroin HCl

Heroin isnt worth it and you never know whats in it...opanas are the way to go at least u know exactly what the chemical compound is...
Unfortunately, since using oxymorphone by the intranasal route (make certain you make an aqueous solution of known strength for use in a nasal spray with known amount per spray) it works out exceedingly inexpensive; it is licenced only in the US and Bangladesh, making it almost impossible for anyone here in the UK to access.
Bioavailability intranasally is between dive and eight times that of oral dosage - I use 1mg per spray, one for each nostril, and that gives the analgesia and the effect of 15mg PO.
But back to heroin - how do you explain that people who are prescribed pure Rx heroin hydrochloride have a massively lower propensity for addiction than those who buy street heroin?
In its pharmaceutical form - whether the 10mg tablets (but which have only 43% bioavailability) or the vials of freeze-dried powder for reconstitution (100% ), which may also be used in the IN method outlined for best use of oxymorphone - it is an incredibly benign drug, causing no damage to any major organs or tissues; it is the very fact of its illegality and the garbage with which it is 'cut' that causes problems. And it is an absolutely essential drug for almost all doctors to carry here as it is the best treatment for the pain of heart attack - all other opioids interfere with the cardioelectric system, which is why countries that do NOT have Rx diamorphine HCl have a lower survival rate in those circumstances.
Those who inject #3 Afghan heroin, which accounts for 90% of world supply, made for smoking, by making it into a salt, usually the citrate by addition of citric acid to the mixture, are most at risk, as are those who use white heroin which has been laced with fentanyl, or, as yesterday's NYT article from Cincinatti featured, the ridiculously strong carfentanil, being made illicitly in increasing quantities in Mexico... 10,000 times the potency of diamorphine!

Oh, and the use of 'SWIM' is not only annoying, but ridiculous as it proves nothing - it simply shouldn't be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound like Reagan :)...I wish you better luck.

The last person I should ever be compared to is Regan!!! I love drugs love using them and love learning new information about any drug! So please dont compare me to such a bitch ass lame, I am far from it!! The reason I keep saying to not try heroin if you havent already is because ive been down that rode and its far from fun, or glorious, H is terrible!!! Im just trying to get the point across H is really really bad! Im no Regan or anything like him, ive been gettin high for years and on suboxone maintenance now. I have a whole bunch of mental health problems, and I was IVing very good quality eastcoast H. Fuck that shit! And fuck regan lol

I'm glad that I read this.
I've been thinking about trying it lately and must admit, I had all those exact thoughts.
The only real reason I haven't tried it yet is because I haven't had the chance to.
About three years ago, I decided I wanted to try meth. It came to me easily because it's crazy popular here.
Everyone that was doing ecstasy or mdma just kind of made the jump once ecstasy dried up here.
So, I tried it, it was okay, and I've managed to avoid addiction, however, I've used it like four times in just over a month recently and am starting to doubt my abilities to avoid addiction. Heroin is pretty taboo and you won't find it unless you know someone who uses and I generally try to keep people like that out of my life. But anyway, the other night we met up with someone for some party and play. He bought over a couple puddles and we hung out and got to talking about his dealer, who also sells heroin. I was intrigued because I had been thinking about it a lot lately. But now I'm a little worried. If I see this guy again and end up with his dealers number for any reason at all, then I have a direct connection for it. Probably best to avoid getting buddys number. The guy we played with was good shit, he doesn't do heroin and I wouldn't wanna shnub him because of his dealer.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 5-H-Tea
One final question. Does anyone know if heroin is active orally? My girlfriend refuses to take it, and I have tried putting one lines worth in her morning coffee. She vomited and had to phone in sick for work - didn't go in that day. She certainly didn't appear high. If it is indeed inactive orally, is there anyway to introduce this into someone's nasal passage without them knowing? What about when they are asleep?
Yeah it is active orally.. And her throwing up was def' a side effect of consuming it.. wtf are you trying to do, kill your girl? Never administer any drug to someone unknowingly!

I've been thinking about trying it lately and must admit, I had all those exact thoughts.
The only real reason I haven't tried it yet is because I haven't had the chance to.
About three years ago, I decided I wanted to try meth. It came to me easily because it's crazy popular here.
Everyone that was doing ecstasy or mdma just kind of made the jump once ecstasy dried up here.
So, I tried it, it was okay, and I've managed to avoid addiction, however, I've used it like four times in just over a month recently and am starting to doubt my abilities to avoid addiction. Heroin is pretty taboo and you won't find it unless you know someone who uses and I generally try to keep people like that out of my life. But anyway, the other night we met up with someone for some party and play. He bought over a couple puddles and we hung out and got to talking about his dealer, who also sells heroin. I was intrigued because I had been thinking about it a lot lately. But now I'm a little worried. If I see this guy again and end up with his dealers number for any reason at all, then I have a direct connection for it. Probably best to avoid getting buddys number. The guy we played with was good shit, he doesn't do heroin and I wouldn't wanna shnub him because of his dealer.

Some of the good dealers also don't do heroin. They get loads of money and remain free for longer periods. Heroin really kills. A lot of people underestimate it's problem which sometimes is not only the power but how it's cut. Or the power, the endless and obvious addiction. Losing respect from everyone you have once knew, including your old drug buddies. It does not have a good ending for a great majority of ppl and lots of them die on their first time. It's epidemic.

I saw a documentary about the "Russian Heroin" - Krokodil. The heroin for the poorest people. They lose their arms, teeth, and go back for more. It can literally kill you in one year. And the similarity is not so much about the ingredients but because you start not to care about anything. Not your mother, not your friends, not your own body when you see it falling apart. And for what?! 1 hour of intense and later just the need and nothing more.

Thank you so much for your input and opinion! I was just curious because like you said my friends out east are big into it but I've never done it and never wanted to but I live here in the south where meth is everywhere. I've done meth before and on and off for 5 years now. The high is definitely very psychology addictive and I've been able to control myself very well but even when I'm not doing it I catch myself thinking about it. So I knew that you don't get physically get addicted to herpin right away so I was just curious if heroin was maybe more psychologically addictive to lure my friends out east into that sort of thing. Glad to hear your opinion though! I will stick to meth atleast I know can control it and opiates I've never really liked so I don't know if I'd like heroin but something is definitely drawing people into heroins charm as well so I'm still gonna maintain my respect towards heroin and not touch the stuff and stick to what I know.

Like Swim, started out on ligitimate pain management and laws and rules prevented from attaining correct narcotics and doses that elievate pain, it was in the beginning cheaper to afford H than script legal medications. that was the biggest mistake someone can make, THIS DRUG IS EVIL EVIL EVIL, I heard swims father like mine was in the same boat began at 1cc of talwin for liitimate pain management 4 years later was a self proclaimed "Man with the Golden Arm" he came off strung out on his own no Suboxone this was in the 70's and he told me never I mean never my son get hooked on opiates. Did I listen honestly yes, but when the pain is untolerable you will go to the only source that removes that pain an Opioid Analgesic then the doctor was raided because of some loose lipped mis informed sob that did not know what he was talking about and slandered the doctor thus could not afford to recover and the practice went under you have 100 or more patients that are now loose canon addicts with no where to go. take this to heart please and do not end up like Poor Swim or anyone else that this mold somewhat fits. God Bless you all and to all a good nite

Yeah it is active orally.. And her throwing up was def' a side effect of consuming it.. wtf are you trying to do, kill your girl? Never administer any drug to someone unknowingly!

You are a complete scumbag and ima report that fucked up shit, wtf is your problem, if she dont want it dont make her and then go to the lengths of administrating when shes asleep or in her coffer wow your a true piece of shit to ever do that to anyone let a lone your girl ... man wtf people today man fuck, you deserve to be locked up for that shit, and it is most definitely active orally your lucky you didnt kill her eating H is bad and extremely stupid, and the poor girl was vomiting because her body was trying to get that poisen out, and then she has to miss work and lose out on a full paycheck because your so selfish n fucked up your sneaking H in her system not cool! !!!!!!!!!!

Definitely Reported
You scumbag

**Best Advice I can share, and I have hands on experience. ... Is please if you havent tried heroin yet DO NOT waste your time and possibly your life trying heroin**

Some of the good dealers also don't do heroin. They get loads of money and remain free for longer periods. Heroin really kills. A lot of people underestimate it's problem which sometimes is not only the power but how it's cut. Or the power, the endless and obvious addiction. Losing respect from everyone you have once knew, including your old drug buddies. It does not have a good ending for a great majority of ppl and lots of them die on their first time. It's epidemic.

I saw a documentary about the "Russian Heroin" - Krokodil. The heroin for the poorest people. They lose their arms, teeth, and go back for more. It can literally kill you in one year. And the similarity is not so much about the ingredients but because you start not to care about anything. Not your mother, not your friends, not your own body when you see it falling apart. And for what?! 1 hour of intense and later just the need and nothing more.

OMG that krokodil shiitttt is HORRIFIC, I hope if it hasnt already ever ever come to the United States... That is some truely gruesome shit... ugh

Thank you so much for your input and opinion! I was just curious because like you said my friends out east are big into it but I've never done it and never wanted to but I live here in the south where meth is everywhere. I've done meth before and on and off for 5 years now. The high is definitely very psychology addictive and I've been able to control myself very well but even when I'm not doing it I catch myself thinking about it. So I knew that you don't get physically get addicted to herpin right away so I was just curious if heroin was maybe more psychologically addictive to lure my friends out east into that sort of thing. Glad to hear your opinion though! I will stick to meth atleast I know can control it and opiates I've never really liked so I don't know if I'd like heroin but something is definitely drawing people into heroins charm as well so I'm still gonna maintain my respect towards heroin and not touch the stuff and stick to what I know.

Yeah definitely stay away from H, and I would advise trying to eventually quick doing the meth, it also is a very destructive substance and can and has lead many people down a very shitty path. Meth is mad, where im at MI we hardly see it here, besides one small town near by its meth infested, but for the most part here in the hood/Ghetto they sell Heroin, crack, loud Marijuana, some soft coke not much.

Yeah, try it if you want to end up in a world where people lose legs coz they are more interested in going to score than getting the abscess out of their groin or when people die with it plugged and the dealer "commands" someone to put their hand up the dead persons ass to get the package out. Or seeing your mate get stabbed in the head coz he robbed his mans gear n blagged that it was down to Police nicking him and he's more concerned with getting more gear n crack for a snowball than going to the hospital despite the blood and the piss on the floor where he pissed himself whilst getting stabbed. Or getting DVTS, Cellulitis, Nerve pain, arteries cut off and living like a hermit coz all your "ex" or "real" friends have forgotton who you are so the only people you meet are dealers. That's the life of an addict. If you have a job. If you don't then it's waking up with a rattle if you haven't been greedy and done your last bit the night b4. Having to go "shopping" just to get enough to score and risk old bill on your case. Rinse and repeat for a dozen years and you've missed most of your life. Prison, gear, robbing, get nicked, prison, gear, robbing, get nicked.........

To be clean is as golden as the sun light that gleam,born again,fresh like spring

Win the battle ur soul will sing.A mealody of happiness to live again!Make the desion to stop and do it with all ur might,and life will really be all right,deal with ur emotions thru God,spiritiality,and meditaion.or thru writting,singing,dancing,producing music,sport or wateva makes u feel ood inside,learn to have patience and understand the kno how to deal with problems faced appropiatly,love yourself and others and learn to give whole heartly and in return ur life with be fifulled,im a 28 female somethin i can never really change 100% specialy wen in jail,bt iv turned to God of the Universe for forgivness and direction,i choose to do good an better,and love caring,loving an spending time with my daughter who is turning 5 in a wk,im still a soldier an street wise,even tho im changin my ways,hav changed to better,i can an will always protect my family,if talkin it out dosnt gt thru to somone who is a dangerous threat at a moment siduation,unfortunitialy,God forgive me,i will do wateva eva it takes to protect my family an the ones i love,even it means to kill!in other words iv turned to the light,but ikl always hav that "majimbo" streak,wich is fukt up,cos i wnt to make "love" my aim,bt the the "nmbr" is the opposite,however even tho it may seem like a contridiction,the "nmbr" is "love thy brother" and "disipline" and "respect",even tho im 28 i forga mo' like a 26 on tha street,but yeh,i kno im way off the topic,my main point is,im detoxed now and it feels good,even tho its probaly the 100th time i hav tried,but this time its for good cos iv changed my thinkin and really wnt a life with my child and man,family,God and to suceed in my rap/producin/productin/animation/film career..too really live.im going to do a ibogain treatment and attend a half way house for a few mnths and then continue to make a great,sucsessful,happy life for myself! I detoxed with my special sleep therapy method,any imfo u guys wnt on the sleep therapy meds and ibogain,plz private message me...dnt do herion,and if u are..man ay,make a desision to really stop neh,wrk thriu ur problems and emotions other ways and appreciate the small things to an to natures big beautys.Lets LIVE!! People! "ONE LUV" "GOD of the UNiVERSE" BLESS! And RIP MANDOZA!!!!!!we LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!;)