• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Never had H but have got an opiate problem prefer pharmaceutical grade stuff at least you know Whats in them

Knowing what is in pharmaceuticals doesn't change the fact that the stuff in them can be more dangerous than the cuts in street drugs.

Knowing what is in pharmaceuticals doesn't change the fact that the stuff in them can be more dangerous than the cuts in street drugs.

I assume you mean for IV use? If you're eating a bunch of H (unlikely) Vs. Pharms the latter are safer. If banging both your statement holds, but it is still unsafe to IV both without proper technique and almost always a bad idea anyway.

Yes, I was referring to IV use or snorting. Ive yet to meet someone who eats heroin, and a large amount of pill addicts don't eat their pills.

Anyway, I see posts on here all the time about safe pharms and 'knowing whats in them', when (seemingly) a fair amount of people actually don't know whats in them.

Last edited:
^^

That's true. The "knowing what's in them" thing, really only applies to proper dosing and decreased risk of sudden OD, because you know what the precise amount of active ingredient is, where as you have no idea with street drugs because purity varies so much. But you're right, that doesn't change the fact that there are still incredibly harmful other ingredients in pills, that a lot of people have no clue are in there, and even if they do.. just because it's in a pill, doesn't inherently make it any safer than the cuts in street drugs. Many variables at play there.

I should have explained a little better to begin with. My mind is going through something similar to BAD ADHD, also to try to keep my posts as short as possible.

I've been around these people IRL who have the idea that shooting/snorting pills is somehow safer than shooting street drugs.

Not sure how it is nowadys but a few years back I would run into them every time I had to detox.

They believed things like:

'An OC80 is pure oxy, only oxy, and safer to shoot than dope'
'cooking kills bacteria and will prevent an abscess'
my personal favorite is 'dope preserves us', Which might be semi-true if you had pure H and always took the proper precautions before each dose.

Last edited:
^^

Yeah it is amazing the level of misinformation out there. People believe some ridiculous shit about the drugs they use.

It's the main reason that sites like Blue Light are so great. We can correct that misinformation.. but only if people come here, of course. Still despite all the info that's out there these days with the internet and HR sites like this, I think the percentage of drug uses who don't really know anything about what they are taking and how it works, or have totally wrong information they believe to be fact, is a lot higher than the amount of knowledgeable users who take the time to get the right info. It's unfortunate that it is that way, and it is getting better, but still very lopsided in a negative way.

So the only thing you can do (as frustrating as it can be sometimes), is correct these people when you can, give them the right info, and hope that they in turn spread that out to their peers, and so on and so forth.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!

"It's all relative." Shooting snorting plugging orally. Heroin/pharms. It is all relative to your use. Unless you're getting pure diamorphine in a heroin clinic, or pain management in the UK; heroin is unsafe. "It's all relative" should be emphasized again.

Opioid use is always going to negatively impact your life unless you are in such physiological pain as to make life unbearable. This is the only exception. Heroin covers all "problems," temporarily, and it may also help cover the dirt over your grave.

It's all relative.

Dear God. Thanks for this thread. Someone mentioned all the anonymous folks, drifting through here without leaving a trace, but profoundly affected all the same. This may very well be my first and only post on these forums, but I will never try heroin after reading these stories. I've also found empathy I didn't have before for my brother who's an addict, acquaintances and former friends that use, etc... This is profound, vital, beautiful, terrifying, life-changing writing. Thank you.

Well, I have been on Methadone for over 7 years now. Due to pain medications, really hard ones. Since i ended up having the same shit everyone gets i wish i should have tried something more interesting than painkillers. That´s my thought nowadays.
i don´t know what rush is and will never know.

I almost died from 1st time use .. ended up in telemetry ICU with heart palps of 200+ , stroke level BP, etc. etc. (used nothing else, no alcohol involved)
I have a strong tolerance for opiates but there was something in this cut that made me sick as hell. Within 15 minutes of hitting (snort) it I had the onset of symptoms and solid heart palps for 16 hours. Scary, scary, especially when the person who gave it to you feels your pulse and says "Dang girl, you better go lay down", then rolls over and goes back to sleep. You manage to drive yourself to get help and then the Dr. comes in and taps his foot when he does a tox screen, treating you like a hard core junkie, when all you wanted to do was try it once. lol
Having said that .. I know many who use and love the drug, as for me, I'll never try it again. xox

Last edited:
Go ahead and try it, I wanted to do it because I had been responsible up to the time I was 19, I needed something crazy, something to hold on to. Anxiety was a key factor as well. I was self medicating, but I didn't think about it, nor know that I was "self-medicating" at that time. I went a solid 2 years high as hell, good job, saved money, blew all that and the job. I was sideways, that is the only way I can describe it. I would relapse and quit and on and on. I was in a constant state of opiate withdrawal for months on end, kick for a week, score, kick, score..HE WINS! (soccer moms com to mind) Then I kind of got off/stopped using weekly and went to monthly, how responsible. I had some some major relapses, of course, you can never go monthly. I had a bout with Suboxone, which only ended in awful withdrawals when my insurance would no longer cover it. So, 19-25 addicted. I got on the Suboxone when I was 23 and was on it for about 10 months. I went on the Suboxone after a brief, 3 month fight with the Morphine, my Heroin replacement (200mg ABG = $10 + 60mg ABG=$3)...it would've been better to withdrawal from the morphine than the Suboxone, I needed a replacement because I was in school. You cannot study withdrawing from Suboxone! So, I started taking up to 8 mg Xanax at a time because that was the amount that it took to take the kicks away. Now that withdrawal (Benzos), after a year of taking at least 2mg/day, usually more...Heroin withdrawal always wins, but the DTs? OMFG, 3 months of shaking, can't shave, can't shit, bad mouth taste, it feels like you are getting chased by a bear!

Heroin, however, is being wrapped up in a blanket under your skin, pulling and pushing, screaming to get out, shouting shovels, digging your grave, wishing your grave, alone, a withered piece of mince meat. The aching, that antihistamine (kicky) feeling running all up in your joints, prostaglandins kicking your ass to hell, sweating, sweating, sweating, shaking, laying in the shower for the warmth and blood vessel dilation from the warm water; brings down the blood pressure; I loved my shower. Oh, and constant masturbation, constant, you gotta, it's all you have to feel good at all, but the orgasm hurts immediately after climax, a piercing pain on the head of the penis. Awful. This hard withdrawal happens when I do heroin twice in a week, I sweat hard, kicks, no sleep, everything. It is, however, probably due to the fact that my body goes "Hey, I'll be getting this constantly, I don't need these receptors!" Down-regulation of receptors is crap-shit. Normal people could stick with once a week for a bit, but after about 2 months, you start to feel it. You'll get a headache, you'll snort more, then snorting doesn't work, you use more, tolerance builds, so now you HAVE to shoot it to alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal, it won't work any other way.

So, any who, I did that xanax thing for about a year strait, quit when I was 25. Now, mind you, this whole time I am doing Heroin occasionally as well. The withdrawal is progressive, even if you use once a week, your body begins to change its homeostatic mechanisms in order to compensate for the somnolence you are experiencing from that Evil (H): your anxiety amplifies, your tolerance builds, the cravings get harsh, the kicks persist for over 2 weeks, the mental withdrawal lasts months. I would't trade the knowledge and experience i have now for anything though. I just aced my graduate Pharmacology class, do you have any idea how easy that was? I had ingested in some way, or had experience with, nearly all the drugs we learned about in the class (I did my power point presentation/Huge paper on Morphine...so easy, so interested). This is all because of heroin. I have the drive and the spirit that I do now because I fucked up for so long, I really do not know how I survived, I just did.

I have suffered, and when I decided to do Heroin, that was my fucking goal, I wanted to feel the withdrawals, I was curious! I wanted to feel, to get away from my middle class normal bullshit, and go balls to the fucking wall! I got what I wanted. I am very strong willed however, and I have withdrawn from Heroin more times than there are hairs on my head; I kicked it, though I never got used to it. It has been a super wild ride, Cedar Point can KISS it, blah! I got myself a vial of fine Lucy, she is my spirit animal, he, he. You gotta get to the point and grab it while its hot, swiftly and justly; so, I smoke bud and take doses for kicks now. I killed my Animal Behavior class so hard that I am getting paid to do research with my prof. this summer! Also, as of today, I have my bachelor's in Biomedical Science (Chem minor), and I am almost 27, how poetic! Most people like me would be dead right at 27, and I am swarmed with life, a little shining fledgling I am. I am who I am because I have suffered, but I got where I am today by quitting the dope. You can't be doing dope and life, it's one or the other, for me at least. I do take Norcos occasionally, but I take only 20mg when I need to stay awake to study. Honestly, If you feel the need to go and do heroin, then do it. Just know that there is no "occasional," or "sometimes" because your body becomes more dependent on it every time you use, it sucks badly. Just THINK about it. I do not know if there is a heaven, but Heroin withdrawal is, most certainly, hell....But once would't hurt....?

p.s.- I have not participated in NA/AA, I went to outpatient rehab once, I didn't get inpatient because I had been withdrawing for a week in jail(s), numerous warrants, they moved me. So after a week, obviously, the H wasn't in my system=no inpatient. I only write this so those who are like me know, there is another way, your own way. If NA/AA works for you, then more power to ya! However, I know I'm not the only one who can't do that program. Work it hard while hardly working, move smarter not harder, get yourself, get you, understand it.- sorry. :) MOVE!
c
Congrats, that's awesome
I'm glad to hear your doing well and have managed to accomplish things in the battle against dope. I myself am an ambitious student looking Forward to getting back in school and moving on with my life. Your story inspired me. It helps when your feeling so so doomed that there are others your age range that have managed to kick and go back to living. Actually living. I wish you well in all your endeavors. Congrats on your degree and working towards your masters. I'm doing all the paper work now tho go back to my college in the fall. I'm also meeting with a sub Dr this Saturday and am looking forward to giving it a real shot. NA has never worked for me, I'm still open to it but the few times I've gone had just made me crave more. The whole sitting around talking about drugs makes me leave and think about them. And when ur fresh clean is so easy to justify use "just once! ". I'm not going to get sick from just once! I really need to just bite the bullet and be sick for a Lil bit and get on the subs. That's a while sorry I'll save for now. The purpose of this post is to congratulate and thank u 4 sharing!

Dear God. Thanks for this thread. Someone mentioned all the anonymous folks, drifting through here without leaving a trace, but profoundly affected all the same. This may very well be my first and only post on these forums, but I will never try heroin after reading these stories. I've also found empathy I didn't have before for my brother who's an addict, acquaintances and former friends that use, etc... This is profound, vital, beautiful, terrifying, life-changing writing. Thank you.
Thank you for posting and saying that. It is a true reminder for those of us suffering and stuck that our words do reach those beyond only those who reply. I myself read the forum for years but never posted until one day I thought. .. ya know I have a lot of experience in this and maybe just maybe it can help someone. We have deep struggles and if the only thing that can come of it is giving insight to ppl like yourself than it makes it that much easier to go on with this battle. Thanks again for making a username and sharing. It does mean something.

The cover picture is misleading.
Insulin needles do not stick through the orange caps.

The cap for the syringe is a means to COVER the sharp point, and entirety of the needle.

But to answer the thread's question: NO.

You'll either hate it and be overwhelmingly hot and nauseous (if you have no or little experience with opiates) ,

or you will completely fall in love with the feeling and be chasing it until you are deceased (and you'll never fully find it, NOR enjoy it completely, especially compared to all the negative that will outweigh the "good.")

If you can somehow combat the emotionalism, aka increased estrogen levels (males haha) , AND can afford it 100% with no financial instabilities, and know complete harm reduction, OR are in chronic pain and about to pass very soon anyway, than its an option, to a certain extent. Talk with doctor's first.

I know I didnt, but anyone who makes a knowing and willing decision to use heroin (IV or other) after knowing the effects and especially NOT falling under posted criteria (not from just me, but others, Im not doctor, this is personal opinion) DO NOT DO IT!
It's really not worth it, there are other more enjoyable things but this will deceive you into thinking its the most enjoyable in life when it mostly brings you SHIT or pain because most people cant maintain stability on this drug or cleanliness or sterility with their IV habit.

Good luck :\

Last edited:
^^^

That's not a cap on the picture.. it's a removable tip, and it is one of the orange ones.. Ha. Just because you may have never seen something personally, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Great and wise advice.
I´m over 46 and have been on pain meds for over 20 years now.
I believe i did find my warmth when i first got felt well - but that was due to the pain relief not because of the Fentanyl.
Thing is being over 7 years on methadone is all i get now. If i want to feel cozy or a bit better chemilly balance, so to say, taking more won´t do a thing as my tolerance is up to the roof.

I will never forget a night when a friend wanted to try heroin with us , and my husband was about to give her some. I became quite pissed off and was like "no you will not give her that shit!" and he opened his mouth to protest but he knew I was right. She later thanked me.

Yeah I've heard dope addicts pull out the old William Burroughs going on and off dope keeps you young and healthy. ha just cuz withdrawal kills a shitload of cells doesn't mean it's a good thing. Anyways, I advise against anyone trying heroin.......buts I'm probably gonna try it here shortly.........yeah I know I should probably take my own advice but when you're an addictive personality logic doesn't always apply. I love opiates but the furthest I've ever gone was oxy. I've got a friend who cops bags from the city all the time and he keeps offering me.......I always said I would never do it but the curiousity is killin me(I know I spelled that wrong). Plus I love the feeling of all opiates I've ever had(codeine, hydrocodone,morphine,oxycodone) but the funny thing is I've never been physically addicted to an opiate. Only kratom, benzos, and alcohol at various times.(and never that bad on the physical but psychological can be a bitch) anyways I'm 24 live an hour from the Chi and managed to never touch the stuff.....but like I said I think I'm gonna cop some bags off this guy. I mean come on I used to huff Freon when I was 16. I'm talkin hundreds of times and It's been stated that it is easier to die off of that then heroin.(Not sure exactly how true that is but it all depends on the circumstances. Anyways IF I do try the shit, I'm gonna insufflate it and start with a tiny dose to see how it goes.....better safe than sorry. Then again, I got kids and shit and alcohol is addicting enough for me. Maybe I should leave the shit alone. But then again like I said addictive minds will convince yourself to do a lot of stupid shit. Anyways sorry for the long rambling post. peace.