• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

You will awaken your creativity.... And then you will awaken the darkest side of you that you have ever seen... My dude ,I fall into this trap eveytime.. And I have learned that I have NO control over this one drug... It takes me so far down so fat.... Other drugs, even pills, I can keep some control over. But every time I get near a bag of H disaster soon follows... 4 rehabs and 2 jail sentences later I'm just starting to face the fact that this drug is now something I will fight for life. Honestly, the high is so good that you don't even realize that your life has gotten"that bad" until you wake up in some institution. .. I wish you the best. I know a lot of user and only 1 person that has used this drug long term... His life isn't great... In fact it's pretty shitty but he has use everyday for at least 6 years without stopping.... Other than that every person I know ends up asking themselves when did it get this bad...

I shot heroin for the first time when I was 18 and didn't lift the needle again until I was 30. If I could take it back, either time, I wouldn't. I have suffered quite a bit as a result of addiction, but my passion for the heroin far outweighs any sense of resentment toward it. I have lived, loved, lost, etc. with a bag in my pocket, and long after I take my last dose ever, I think I'll still be singing the drug's praises... sick, ain't it?

Yes, its sick. Can you trace one positive development in your life back to H?

No offense, but in reply to your (or anyone's) "should I try heroin" inquiry........NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um, did I remember to say NO???

^^

I wish it was that simple, ha. But as we know from the total fail that was the Reagan "Just Say No" campaign of the 80's, it's much more complicated than that unfortunately.

Yes, its sick. Can you trace one positive development in your life back to H?

I dunno if this counts as a positive life development but the majority of the most peaceful/serene moments of my life were because of H.

I dunno if this counts as a positive life development but the majority of the most peaceful/serene moments of my life were because of H.

I have had the same peacefulness too. It is usually followed by being trapped in my own personal hell. It is not worth it for me but maybe I just suck as a successful dope head.

Didn't read the whole thread but:

Once you're in, you're fucking in.

I was clean 6 years, and the itch came back so hard I would exhaust myself just from thinking about it.

Eventually I was back on the h train.

It's a lifelong curse.

I'm sorry I'm new here but I think that in the "heroin is just another opiate debunking section" there are serious problems with the argument, because while it may not be true that heroin is "just another" opiate, it is an opiate. Heroin is an analgesic and as such ends up being sought out by pain-management patients when care is cut off. I believe many of the people asking bluelight this question, like me( I have seven pins in my shoulder and two fused vertebrae due to a sixty foot fall), are people who suffer from chronic pain and are unable to find any other analgesics powerful enough. Pain is a terrible beast, in my opinion it's almost as bad as addiction. The reason I'm concerned about this is that I'm currently nine months free from using after a terrible relapse. I relapsed because of a combination of pain and dormant addiction. Dormant because I had been clean for eleven years. I moved to a new town and thus a new pain-management clinic. For nearly ten years I had been working with my previous clinic to manage my pain using minimal opiates because they knew I have a problem with opiate addiction. I had been using a combination of herbal extracts and non-opiate drugs for ten years then suddenly I'm put on tramadol and excedrin. I was in agony but i stuck with it until my tramadol ran out early one month and I had absolutely nothing(not that tramadol does much). Long story short I decided in my infinite wisdom to buy just a few points of tar and mix it into a tincture to be taken orally. I know idiotic. Needless to say I ended up mainlining two to three grams of tar a day for three months (my tolerance increased incredibly quickly I built up to that rate within a few weeks) before a heart infection almost killed me. So, to sum up I'm not disagreeing with you in general. I would never, ever recommend black tar heroin to anyone. Heroin has destroyed my body and cravings still haunt my mind, I would'nt give it to an enemy. love and light.

I have had the same peacefulness too. It is usually followed by being trapped in my own personal hell. It is not worth it for me but maybe I just suck as a successful dope head.

I think being a successful dope head is impermanent like most other things.

Eventually it turned on me like other long-term users. It got to the point where it was destroying my whole existence and not providing much relief.

Inserting quote from very wise man..

"Who lives longer? the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time."

This might very well be true. He just didn't elaborate on the fact that if you live past the first two years you will start to suffer immensely before you die.

I duno Im sorta in the boat with the other poster in this thread. After reading this thread I want to try heroin again, IV this time. It doesnt even make sense... The posts were inspirational in the beginnin but then there were a few nayseyers making points and its like man I wanna see for myself now what the big deal is.

This happens a lot I see. There are pages and pages of people explaining why its not a good idea but then the experience of a handful of ppl will some how make you justify your curiosity. Imagine the curiosity and that urge to do it that your feeling now x's a million, and permenantly there in the back of ur head forever at every moment...at funerals, during sex,sg when your bored, at work..ALL the time. And imagine that constant feeling of curiosity and crave with all that plus feeling so physically bad you'd rather dead. Along with a bank account with NOTHING in it, all your valuables and others gone, and not being able to get a hold of anyone to takd the pain away so ur stuck feeling like u want to crawl into a pit of fire. When you do H you cant go back. Yeah, you'll do it once, twice..even 10 times and you'll be fine. You'll think you have it under control and you might for the time being but you'll always be planning and wanting more. It will get to the point where you won't want to do anything else on the weekends cuz its not as fun. You won't socially drink anymore with friends cuz it aint as fun... you'll start secretly doing it before meeting up with them starting to use more and secretly. You'll change slowly. And in the beginning you won't get as sick. You'll use for 3 days straight, stop on the 4th and say "oh, they talk about the terrorizing withdrawals. . this isnt THAT bad" to justify your self to keep using. You'll Deny that you may be starting to have a problem but your life will get lonlier and lonelier surrounded by morw sketchy individuals who are just with you for drug companionship.

I started as a chipper and kept my use secret. I had to keep up with elaborate lies that started small. If nothing your reading here rlly isnt deterring you just ask yourself "would my mother want me to try it? How would she feel if she found out? How much would it hurt her?" You can replace that with anyone who cares about you or you them. Your bf/gf? Best friend? Father?

Its glamorized by artists and musicians, they give it a romantic appeal. You've flirted with the devil..how hardcore! But you won't have that attitude down the road. Once u try it the devil will always be on your back constantly whispering something to convince you its ok to do it again. You got it there forever. Once you step to the other side you'll always know what it's like. Nothing will be as good or fun.

Listen to the 99% of ppl and not the 3 who are convincing you. Those 3 have the odds stacked against them. Remember A FEW out of hundreds have opposite experiences. Be smart and balance the odds because its routine and pattern to think ull be able to control it. EVERYONE starts that way. We don't wind up with debilitating chronicly terrible addictions and lives because we wanted to. It was because we decided to try it.. and that's where that shit leads you over time. It's not a factor of control, will power etc. Don't even use those words in this context because they don't even apply.

Sry 4 my long 2 cents but I felt the need to say it.

I don't see how anyone could ever advise someone to say yes unless:

1. They've discovered a way to remove withdrawal and dependence. Keep fucking dreaming, though I believe this might happen in the next 4-5 decades (or I'm grossly overestimating)
2. They're already a huge addict and it is actually safer than what they are doing. This is pretty unlikely. H means unlimited access.
3. They live in the UK and are asking about pain management.

One important aspect which has been largely overlooked in this thread - a lot of people who try heroin for the first time do not like it. The general vibe here seems to be "one try and you're hooked so avoid at all costs". I strongly disagree with that. From my own experiences and from what I've seen the case is more that it takes several tries and that users sometimes "seek out addiction". They may have a psychological predisposition for addiction or be feeling self-destructive because of other problems in their lives. I know this isn't the whole story but it's definitely part of it and has been largely left out of this thread so far.

I've tried it several times over the years and each time it was thoroughly mediocre, even quite unpleasant. Total waste of money. However maybe you guys will say that I just never had any good quality stuff.

I tell people that it's not a great high and unless you're a masochist who wants a habit you may as well not bother. Wouldn't you guys agree that this is a better deterrent than "just say no"?

The other thing worth mentioning is the notorious rat experiment http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/ don't think anyone brought that up yet. As I said before I know this is only a part of the story but it's definitely relevant to new and potential users.

I count myself as very lucky that the availabilty of heroin in the town i grew up in wasn't there then like it is now. I surely would have tried it as I was smoking crack and huffing freon and doing whatever i could get my hands on by the time i was 16. Now that i'm older and wiser I know better than to even try it. That said, the addict mentality is very strong in this one so i can never say never. But thus far the closest I've come is oxycodone, and honestly opiates sometimes make me a bit mean, so I shudder to think what i'd be like in the depths of a heroin binge. Good looking out though with the availabilty getting greater in small towns and rural areas it seems like the users are getting younger and younger. In a city that I went to rehab in Northwestern Illinois(starts with an R don't know if I'm allowed to say the name) they told me that heroin is easier to find in that city than cannabis. Now that is a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Go ahead and try it, I wanted to do it because I had been responsible up to the time I was 19, I needed something crazy, something to hold on to. Anxiety was a key factor as well. I was self medicating, but I didn't think about it, nor know that I was "self-medicating" at that time. I went a solid 2 years high as hell, good job, saved money, blew all that and the job. I was sideways, that is the only way I can describe it. I would relapse and quit and on and on. I was in a constant state of opiate withdrawal for months on end, kick for a week, score, kick, score..HE WINS! (soccer moms com to mind) Then I kind of got off/stopped using weekly and went to monthly, how responsible. I had some some major relapses, of course, you can never go monthly. I had a bout with Suboxone, which only ended in awful withdrawals when my insurance would no longer cover it. So, 19-25 addicted. I got on the Suboxone when I was 23 and was on it for about 10 months. I went on the Suboxone after a brief, 3 month fight with the Morphine, my Heroin replacement (200mg ABG = $10 + 60mg ABG=$3)...it would've been better to withdrawal from the morphine than the Suboxone, I needed a replacement because I was in school. You cannot study withdrawing from Suboxone! So, I started taking up to 8 mg Xanax at a time because that was the amount that it took to take the kicks away. Now that withdrawal (Benzos), after a year of taking at least 2mg/day, usually more...Heroin withdrawal always wins, but the DTs? OMFG, 3 months of shaking, can't shave, can't shit, bad mouth taste, it feels like you are getting chased by a bear!

Heroin, however, is being wrapped up in a blanket under your skin, pulling and pushing, screaming to get out, shouting shovels, digging your grave, wishing your grave, alone, a withered piece of mince meat. The aching, that antihistamine (kicky) feeling running all up in your joints, prostaglandins kicking your ass to hell, sweating, sweating, sweating, shaking, laying in the shower for the warmth and blood vessel dilation from the warm water; brings down the blood pressure; I loved my shower. Oh, and constant masturbation, constant, you gotta, it's all you have to feel good at all, but the orgasm hurts immediately after climax, a piercing pain on the head of the penis. Awful. This hard withdrawal happens when I do heroin twice in a week, I sweat hard, kicks, no sleep, everything. It is, however, probably due to the fact that my body goes "Hey, I'll be getting this constantly, I don't need these receptors!" Down-regulation of receptors is crap-shit. Normal people could stick with once a week for a bit, but after about 2 months, you start to feel it. You'll get a headache, you'll snort more, then snorting doesn't work, you use more, tolerance builds, so now you HAVE to shoot it to alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal, it won't work any other way.

So, any who, I did that xanax thing for about a year strait, quit when I was 25. Now, mind you, this whole time I am doing Heroin occasionally as well. The withdrawal is progressive, even if you use once a week, your body begins to change its homeostatic mechanisms in order to compensate for the somnolence you are experiencing from that Evil (H): your anxiety amplifies, your tolerance builds, the cravings get harsh, the kicks persist for over 2 weeks, the mental withdrawal lasts months. I would't trade the knowledge and experience i have now for anything though. I just aced my graduate Pharmacology class, do you have any idea how easy that was? I had ingested in some way, or had experience with, nearly all the drugs we learned about in the class (I did my power point presentation/Huge paper on Morphine...so easy, so interested). This is all because of heroin. I have the drive and the spirit that I do now because I fucked up for so long, I really do not know how I survived, I just did.

I have suffered, and when I decided to do Heroin, that was my fucking goal, I wanted to feel the withdrawals, I was curious! I wanted to feel, to get away from my middle class normal bullshit, and go balls to the fucking wall! I got what I wanted. I am very strong willed however, and I have withdrawn from Heroin more times than there are hairs on my head; I kicked it, though I never got used to it. It has been a super wild ride, Cedar Point can KISS it, blah! I got myself a vial of fine Lucy, she is my spirit animal, he, he. You gotta get to the point and grab it while its hot, swiftly and justly; so, I smoke bud and take doses for kicks now. I killed my Animal Behavior class so hard that I am getting paid to do research with my prof. this summer! Also, as of today, I have my bachelor's in Biomedical Science (Chem minor), and I am almost 27, how poetic! Most people like me would be dead right at 27, and I am swarmed with life, a little shining fledgling I am. I am who I am because I have suffered, but I got where I am today by quitting the dope. You can't be doing dope and life, it's one or the other, for me at least. I do take Norcos occasionally, but I take only 20mg when I need to stay awake to study. Honestly, If you feel the need to go and do heroin, then do it. Just know that there is no "occasional," or "sometimes" because your body becomes more dependent on it every time you use, it sucks badly. Just THINK about it. I do not know if there is a heaven, but Heroin withdrawal is, most certainly, hell....But once would't hurt....?

p.s.- I have not participated in NA/AA, I went to outpatient rehab once, I didn't get inpatient because I had been withdrawing for a week in jail(s), numerous warrants, they moved me. So after a week, obviously, the H wasn't in my system=no inpatient. I only write this so those who are like me know, there is another way, your own way. If NA/AA works for you, then more power to ya! However, I know I'm not the only one who can't do that program. Work it hard while hardly working, move smarter not harder, get yourself, get you, understand it.- sorry. :) MOVE!

My heroin story is long and detailed, but I won't bore you all with it, as I'm sure all of us who are/ have been seriously addicted to H share similar outcomes. Briefly, I went straight for IV heroin use, bypassing all other opiates in pill form or otherwise. My reason for picking up was, quite simply, because I romanticized the shit out of it for years until I finally had an opportunity to try it. Four years later, I've been hospitalized, homeless, completely robbed of self esteem and here I am still using.

The reason I wanted to post is to tell those who are still debating whether to pick up for the first time that there is NOTHING romantic about driving 2 hours everyday to score, then spending another hour looking for a vein to hit on these beat up limbs four times a day, all in order to keep from getting violently ill (as I'm physically addicted). The rush and allure are all gone, but here this shell of a person remains, just going through the motions, day in and day out.

I know people have many different reasons for trying heroin for the first time, but to those who have a romantic ideal of what you think your heroin use will be like I say this: heroin will rob you of your creativity and of all the things that you liked about yourself to begin with.

Yes.

Yes.

To the thread's question, and to that above mine.

Everyone should do heroin. Then, they would know what it's like to be ostracized by society for an addiction, they would truly know what it's like to be sick, they would know what separates people from criminals when they are sick. They would learn a lot about themselves. So, to borrow a quote from Bill Hicks, although I'm sure he would not advocate this. Heroin should be mandatory. It would separate the men from the boys, the bullies from the weak and it would definitely get rid of some self righteous cunts who deserve to be tortured, such as politicians.

Yeah you can get just as strung out and ruin you life with pharmaceuticals opiates, especially the stronger ones and if you start IV'ing them, as you can with heroin.