• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Heroin here in Canada is absolutely ruined unless u can get it right from the source in bc, and usually you have to go thru some ethnic gang for that. The tolerance thing is a massive issue because when you do get good dope, you can get used to the dose and everything is fine, but when you get fentanyl it's super easy to od on, especially when you're used to dosing good h and switch to a new supplier.

It's just too dirty and dangerous nowadays.

Agreed and it’s such a hassle for something deadly

when you have the good shit it’s fun in the moment though and a very effective painkiller

Agreed and it’s such a hassle for something deadly

when you have the good shit it’s fun in the moment though and a very effective painkiller

You know what's funny I've never found heroin to actually be a good painkiller, unless iv'd of course then you ain't feeling SHIT lmao. But smoked or snorted or whatever I found it sub par. Purely recreational.

Really? Heroin was never recreational for me. It was more like a love affair with a horrible ending and euphoria and happiness happened to be a part of that. Heroin treated my chronic thoracic spine / nerve pain for half a decade before I became a non functional human being. Like nothing else. There is nothing else whatsoever that can make the pain go away the same as H. I only snorted it too apart from shooting it 5 times but I preferred to snort it. I'm sure my nose is thanking me.

I would feel fuck all on heroin and be in excruciating pain otherwise and I have a naturally low tolerance to opiates as well (at first I did, now it is so high using is not even an option). I was getting really damn good stuff though and consistent stuff, as consistent to the milligram as my percs. I never dosed that high either until the end but my lines did start to become cocaine-sized and they started off as matchstick sized 5mg bumps that would get me high as fuck and feeling absolutely no pain.

Within the first 6 months my life was back on track and I was in school again for a second degree. Before that I had wasted 2 years of my life in physical agony. I have the same pain now but it's so much better than being hooked on H that it doesn't really bother me I even keep fit.

I read someone saying they never IVd a drug because of fear of needles. Lol. Do you think anyone wants to stab themselves with a needle? No! But that day will come if you dance with her. The day will come when smoking, or sniffing just won't ease the pain of withdrawl, and you will succumb to the needle. Don't fool yourself. Why do you think people loose their jobs, their families, their lives to this shit? Its nothing to bother with. Please heed these warnings if you are on the fence. The people posting here about their experiences are the lucky ones that got away, ESPECIALLY in today's fent ridden markets. Thanks for reading!

Yeah the thing is you are no longer actually trying diacetylmorphine these days. "Heroin" has evolved into a shittier drug that is way more dangerous than in previous times and has always been a straight up killer drug. They cut it with stuff so potent, so easy to produce and smuggle, that you get hot spots and the same amount of powder will be a different potency if you get a bad batch. You're really just being fooled by dealers etc. into trying it or fooling yourself.

It fucked up my life completely destroyed it and you don't need a needle to do that. I used those 5 times before I quit cause I figured I should probably not fuck with my veins like that and it would lead to my early death for sure. Using H any way is really dangerous, if you get stuff this is actually legit (or cut garbage) it is so easy to overdose even with a tolerance to painkillers. Snorting any amount is so risky even if you know what you are doing. If I used needles I would have gotten out of control, been caught, and had to go to jail, rehab, a psych ward, or commit suicide. That was the next step and I had as the story goes lost the majority of my life at that point. I haven't had a craving since I stopped the experience was so miserable. I'll take the chronic pain in my spine this stuff ruins thousands of lives. And poking my veins with metal those 5 times was fucking disgusting.

Heroin dosage

I am wondering about what dosage I should use of heroin compared to pills. I currently have a tolerance of around 60 - 80 mg of oxycodone, give or take. And before you tell me not to use, don't bother. I fully know all the risks and stupidity I am walking into. I just want to know what to take so I don't end up shooting up or snorting and dying.

If using the needle to IV .1 of a gram. That's one tenth of a gram or 100 mg

If smoking with your tolerance you could smoke .5 of gram and be fine.

If snorting .2 would take the edge off

Boku that's only if someone has really impure heroin... Doses like that would kill someone if it's pure.

Always assume your dope is pure and these days tainted with fent unless you use a rapid response fentanyl dip test and get a negative result. Start with 1 mg if not tested as if it is a hotspot of pure fent even that can be too much... Then up to 10 mg and keep going up by 10 mg until a good dose is found.

Never start with 0.1 G unless you know what you're doing, but if you did you wouldn't be here

For one thing I would not tell anyone how much to take, for another u told that person to bang a .1 are u insane? Especially if they're naive to heroin. Like seriously dude. Do NOT bang .1 for fuck sake. Do what the comment above me said (start with 1mg) unless you've already overdoesed from this other guys advice.

I didn't even smoke half a gram when my tolerance was up. My god what a thing to tell someone to do, especially when the heroin of today is mostly fentanyl.

Do NOT bang a point of a gram. Do NOT smoke a half of a gram. If you must, then do so little that you barely even see it. Trust me this shit is devilishly deceptive with its potency I've taken what I thought was a normal dose and very nearly overdosed, multiple times. And most times were after I had experience and just became complacent to it. Until I ingested the dose and though 'holy fuck that was a lot'.

Seriously. If u must, start out small. So small that you're doubting you'll even get high. It's that potent.

WHAT???!!!

Snorting .2 if it's actually pure would have killed me a couple years in. I never would have done .1 at a time either with raw which is all I ever did.

Take the edge of a 6 year addict maybe...

60 - 80mg oxycodone tolerance is a good time to quit. You are going to have to quit if you don't want to run into very serious trouble in the future. You say you understand, but it is impossible to until you are there.

It could be one month later and you won't even be able to feel two of those 80's. And it sounds like you are not suicidal. You have no idea what you are getting into.

Take 10 milligrams with a milligram scale, that is NOT a point, it is a tenth of a point. Snort half of that, wait 15 minutes and if you feel okay then do the other 5 milligrams. This is still dangerous because of the obvious cuts they use and I doubt you even have a milligram scale.

Once you get to 20mg that very quickly turns to 40 which quickly turns to 80 then 160 and before you know it you'd be kissing dirt all day to get your 80mg tolerance back which is irreversible. In my opinion you have already taken things too far that the outcome is so predictable, another addict. Sucks to hear that, I mean you're not ready to quit and it's time to quit if you need an 80 to feel it.

To emphasize what dude above me is saying, it really is that potent if you have a good connection and if you don't you have no business trying it and obviously it's a horrible idea with all the deaths suicides and ruined lives.

An 80 isn't even hard to kick normally. I'd rather kick an 80 than being a hardcore stoner but anything over 100mg - 200mg's is when shit starts to get serious in my opinion.

By the end of it, snorting 50mg of raw could still get me high as fuck for a long time. That dude is telling you 4 times that amount will take the edge off and I could handle a gram a day of oxycodone and be totally unsatisfied because heroin is just way way way better to most people. Everyone reacts different so take our advice and start with the smallest pinch you can barely even see. It really is that potent when it's pure. Chances are you'll get trash and not good stuff though. The trash can be even more dangerous these days because of fentanyl, etc who knows what's in that shit I'm glad I quit before it hit the news with all the overdose deaths.

Thanks for the answers. I know I am being an absolute tard, but I am in fact suicidal and am willing to do anything to numb this dark mind of mine. I have knowledge of the opiate game, heroin is just the only one I have never done. I have know exactly what I am getting into as I have been addicted a long time. My current tolerance is just what I have tapered down to and I have felt the hell that is withdrawals. Even from opium tea, which is certainly the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced.

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying because some people don't know. I get it too as I am suicidal after 10 months clean, but one reminder of those cold turkey heroin withdrawals is enough to keep me from thinking of using it. I find, though, that the longer I go without it, the worse my life gets and the more I crave it. I feel like I have needed it my whole entire life and I'm a pothead now and like I'm not working and I was a functional addict on heroin I had good jobs to pay for it I didn't have to steal that much from family still did of course. I don't give a fuck about my family they threw me out young and we don't really remain in contact anymore. I have demons so severe that I can sense the horns of god damned satan in my mind, breathing a fury of crimson rage.

I just got addicted to benzos way more when I quit anyway. I'm going back if I ever find a source of income like I don't think I have a choice. The only thing keeping me from not using right now is not having enough money from years of debt from using and neglecting everything else.

I am suicidal and heroin would be a treat. I don't recommend it for people who like their lives, but I hated my life and I don't really regret using it. The withdrawal is like burning on the stake though and my restless legs turned into something horrific I started getting in my arms and I still do sometimes. The shit like, gets in your bones it feels like. It's way different than oxy though like realize a 10mg line of good heroin is probably something like an 80 railed no joke like I don't know exactly what but something like that.

You'll never know exactly what in the H game so with every batch (you are signing up for it) do a test amount and also you don't need to shoot it. You should snort it if you have the powder form and some forms can only be smoked. I would avoid needles if you haven't already. They are bad memories for me those 5 times I resorted to that. It was either snort and feel like moderate shit, sort of hungover for 3 days, or shoot and feel on top of the world. It completely controlled my life. It is hard looking back I think I hide a lot of memories from myself when I was using.

So yeah just start with like 15mg you should be good. That's what I started with, 15mg but cut in half and railed 15 min apart. Since, if you are really sick it always took me 15 minutes to feel better after railing smack. You don't feel relief from withdrawal immediately, or effects from it at all. It isn't like coke which is more of a compulsive, instant hit. It starts off as similar to that OC energy where you feel like you can do anything and pretty much can, but more toned down and mellowed out and still totally productive in the moment. OC always felt a little tense to me like something was off, but heroin felt just right. I loved it, I immediately switched to exclusively railing it and nothing else would satisfy me. Percs? lol. Even 80's would be useless I'd only want the morphine from the smack.

And 15 minutes is a really nice onset time. I preferred it to shooting it, it's actually better. People who start shooting up are generally already addicted and desperate and faced with either moving on to the needle or quitting. Smoking it is the safest way but you can't do that with #4 powder. You should know what kind you are getting like some can't really be snorted and in my opinion that is the best feeling from it. But yeah that's just me obviously many prefer the needle but starting out stay the hell away from those. It's way too potent just sniff like a matchstick sized bump. Something really tiny and you'll probably feel it, and go from there. Good stuff is consistent so if you have a supply you'll know exactly how much to take once you figure it out. Make sure to have a connection to raw, I mean, if you do OC on a regular basis you are signing up for this (I don't blame you, I did the same and miss it a lot to this very day). Plus it was the only painkiller that actually worked for me out of all of them. Oxycodone or hydromorphone could never be strong enough to make me not feel my chronic thoracic spine pain. It had to be heroin, I have some digestion problems and generally detest pills.

Thanks for the answers. I know I am being an absolute tard, but I am in fact suicidal and am willing to do anything to numb this dark mind of mine. I have knowledge of the opiate game, heroin is just the only one I have never done. I have know exactly what I am getting into as I have been addicted a long time. My current tolerance is just what I have tapered down to and I have felt the hell that is withdrawals. Even from opium tea, which is certainly the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced.
Man I HATE coming off as preachy, but be very very careful what you're getting into. I've seen heroin break men. a friend of mine just recently died from cardiac arrest secondary to needle use. He'd been 3 years clean at this point.

You're depressed and heroin is not the answer. I know it doesn't matter what we say. I've been in this game since I was a kid. If you want to use smack, you're going to use smack. The way I used to judge my lines (with tolerance) was the width of a sewing needle and about an inch long. That's what you call a "pin line". Start off smoking, not snorting. Snorting is one of the most dangerous ways to use h and it's deceptively potent.

I'm gonna reiterate the point. Be very careful wading into this metaphorical bog you're about to wade into. It's easy to get lost, and it's also easy to fall in a home and drown during your adventures.

You may think that oxy, hydromorph, morphine, etc. compares to heroin. But nothing else even comes close. This is something you will soon realize if you take that ride.

I would never suggest someone put this demon of a substance into their body, especially as an escape drug. It's a recipe for disaster. I know because that was me. I suffer from bipolar type 2, severe depression, suicidal impulses, attempted suicide twice (once with rope, again with drugs). I used to escape into the bottle, the coke and the heroin regularly.

It will not solve any of your problems and only make you worse. If you still wanna do it, and you still think you know what you're getting into, be very very careful. Be too careful. Be so careful you doubt you'll even get high.

Trust me when I say there's no drug on this planet that can hold a candle to heroin. I haven't had any in 4+ years and still think about it almost daily.

Edit: and you're not being a tard. Don't ever call yourself that. You're human like the rest of us. If you can't shake the depression please seek help. Especially if you're feeling suicidal.

If you are one of the ones who really likes it, it makes other drugs not seem like drugs anymore. Wastes of time. At least for me, it was all about the dope. It did everything I wanted weed to do for me but never could. Weed made me weird around people and still does, on heroin I am a natural leader and communicator. Like the man I was before the drugs killed my head, or I killed my head with them I should say. My chronic physical pain evaporates every time to the point I can hike mountains. I stopped giving a fuck about my demons which were torturing me. I lost my sex drive, but didn't care because I was cutting myself over being perpetually romantically alone anyway. I could function for the first time in my entire adult life, and I could bare the company of others without having BPD outbursts later on and cutting my wrists. It cured everything that was wrong with me, and there was a lot, except for the panic attacks. I need alprazolam for those, so I go hooked on heroin and xanax within the same month of each other, started using them both daily non stop from morning until night for years on end until I knew what withdrawal was apart from cranky weed stuff, like never ever put either down until I ran myself broke since my tolerance got so high.

It happens slowly at first, you don't really notice until it's been like 2 years and then wow what a shock to wake up one day a drug addict. It's going to kill me too. I speak from the grave, I've been fucking with codeine lately and my benzo addiction is just way too hardcore to manage anymore it's not worth it to live or detox or anything anymore. Fuck. The worst is thinking about who I could have been, where I was headed and how nobody will even understand why I had to go.

I could actually function again I went from bedridden agony to school to a new job but it never stuck. I had been using for too long already that I was into the 80's and dilaudid 8's and heroin had always from day 1 been a thing and it was slowly but surely taking over all other opiates and opioids to the point that they were irrelevant and useless in comparison. Sucks when you can take a gram a day of oxy and not even really enjoy yourself... but dope was always there for me when I had it.

I had access to the pure so every dose felt the same to the milligram, you wouldn't find anything like that these days I don't think. Couldn't be trusted anymore. It was like a love affair though, imagine trying a drug and it ending up being the love of your life. It's like all of a sudden getting thrown into a wonderful lovely romance, that seems really giving I mean you pay the money and then you feel really good and pain free and euphoric, for me I was never into nodding it stimulated me it's my fucked up brain though. Mentally stimulating, physically relaxing, absolutely anything you could ever want out of a drug. Nothing, and absolutely nothing, compares to china white.

Soon enough it is a daily thing and at that point it doesn't really make sense to rot your nose or waste product smoking. It thoroughly ruins every aspect of your life and sure you could use it and not get addicted but if you are interested to begin with that is a warning sign, even visiting this page is a warning sign too. I did, years ago, and ignored everything because I had already made up my mind. If you are suffering enough, if life is torture to you, there is solace in this until there isn't anymore. It's a process, at first your life might improve for a few years but eventually when it catches up to you, you'll feel two or three times your age and the only way out appears to be death.

Why risk it unless you are suicidal and this is a very slow painful death let me tell you. I've been dying for over 6 years now.

That being said, a man who should at this point be a millionaire from something high tech is dead at 30. It's a matter of when. I don't want to die it's really not fun and so young it's so fucking fucked I'm freaking the fuck out of my fucking mind and shit went downhill fast I never shot it until the end I railed it for years it doesn't matter. I wish I could live have a second chance at life but unfortunately there is a point of no return and it's easily reached with this drug.

Last edited:
Snorted for 1.5 years & Shot dope for 14 years. Finally off of it for almost 3 years & that was with methadone. NO, YOU SHOULD NOT TRY HEROIN! IDC what justifications you may tell yourself. But if you really want to fuck your life up or die, then by all means like Nike, "just do it"

I haven't used H in 15 months and I have recently been fucking around with codeine a little. I "officially" quit oxy's at the turn of this year.

I think it is already too late. Codeine metabolizes to morphine which is what heroin essentially is so it is in my brain affecting my thoughts and that's all it takes.

Been taking 100mg doses and definitely feeling it. I have taken 4 doses in about a week and I feel the pull even though it's codeine it is lovely to feel that way and I know how to feel way better than that with better drugs so yeah, maybe the question should be "should I try codeine?" as any opiate or opioid can ruin your life. That codeine scares the fuck out of me, just that I would do that after going through all this shit tweaked my back and it definitely was not worth it. I have one more 100mg dose I know I will take tomorrow or later tonight and that's it, no withdrawal or anything like that. I've been having cravings for heroin and this is all I could get.

The cravings seem to come much later on, for me anyway. And yeah good luck not getting addicted people. I knew what I was getting into but not the intensity of the withdrawals. I didn't know such a thing was possible from getting high.

You are probably going to like it and want to do use it again. You cannot be aware of its power until you try it, and at that point it might be too late. The seed of addiction is planted with that first hit.

If you are lucky, you'll just get high. Why not get high on something that can't kill you and isn't cut with poisons. That drive people to the point of insanity, that they will kill in cold blood for a fix. Seriously. Some people end up doing horrible things for the drug just get in too deep. Why would you risk that and it could happen to anyone no matter who you are.

And you'll never get the dose right the first time. That leads to trying it again. Then when you get the dose right and catch the high you've already used a few times. A bag could get a new user high so many times for so cheap. In the end they are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid withdrawal. That speaks for itself as to how bad the withdrawals are.

The high is wonderful, of course. Nothing compares. Jt's really great stuff to sniff there could never be one better. If you have it do 15mg or so split the dose in half and don't say you weren't warned.

Hi ShroomySatori. Your posts provide one of the best chronicles I've read on the descent into addiction. You explain so eloquently how easily it happens, and in a way that one can easily relate to, because no one tries Heroin thinking it will eventually control their lives. For that matter, your account applies to any drug of choice that one becomes addicted to. I'll admit that when I tried H, no-one could have stopped me. Throughout my life, whenever I decided I was going to try something, no one and nothing could talk me down, it's just the way I am. But if posts like yours can make someone less stubborn than me stop and question what they're considering trying, then they are worth their weight in gold.

I tried heroin 5 times, quality product that I tested and was vouched for by many others. But every time I tried it, it made me feel sick, so I eventually moved on. Maybe I'm just lucky I didn't persist, but of course my drug of choice eventually found me, it just happened to be meth. But addiction is addiction. The thing that struck me initially was that compared to weed or alcohol or some of the psychedelics I tried, it seemed perfect - a drug with not a single drawback while you're on it, only the comedown at the end. No paranoia, no head spins, no 'bad' trips, just sheer, unadulterated pleasure, better than sex. In fact, to me deciding not to take meth is like having a 10/10 woman come up to me and offering to indulge me with every fantasy I could think of for hours on end. How do you say no to that?

If I had tried meth when I was young, it surely would have ruined my life, because I had no shortage of tragedy to provide me with the reasons to seek that escape into bliss. And though I struggle to control my use, I have some odds in my favour - I'm old, my working life is behind me, and I have much to lose. That keeps me from going off the deep end. But although that gives me some semblance of control, I always worry about my health, and whether that next shot will be the one that gives me the mother of all strokes! Time will tell. Be safe and thank-you for your contributions to this thread.