• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Please don't try it, I know pretty much everybody in this thread that their loved one passed from ODing from heroin. That shit seriously no joke; especially when you're waking up dope sick, homeless, laying down;WHEREVER, and I mean wherever you can lay your head down at night. I know you don't want that shit. Please stay away from it, I can promise you that it didn't just fuck up my life but everybody around me.

My grandma was an addict. My aunt, her daughter, a pill addict. I have done opiates recreationally and casually for a couple years out of depression. Never once have I been addicted to where I couldn't stop. Even being high all week on hydrocodone syrup 30mgs at a time and while I felt withdrawals after that. (Extreme flu like symptoms out of nowhere) I didnt search for anymore. That being said I still hesitate to really search for H. For most people the thought of addiction scares them but for me I know I have my vices and what they are. I have officially begun doing research and I will try it.

Heroin plants a very bad seed in your subconscious and when you are at your weakest it will come out as a friend and precede to destroy you. It's the most subversive drug in the world once you have tasted it you will never be the same. Some people it repulses others fall in love, it's really not worth finding out.

Herolyin
This life is a lie where fake happiness goes to die You comforted me when I would cry
You erase the misery from my life You made my hard nights go by like a flash of light no sense of true heartfelt loss the warm sensation as you filled up my life that sweet little place that you took my mind to hide as my eyelids fell closed with your beautiful lie I would wake with a jolt as my son screamed daddy don't die wake up Daddy please play with me tonight sorry sweet boy Daddy has to go there is another boy that Daddy knows but I will be back before you know with eyelids all heavy and a temper ready to blow I gave up on you son because of that boy I gave up on so much and just wanted to run blew off my family night after night gave up on friends cuz I was too tired to fight but there you were all day and all night at 3 a.m. when my sickness made me feel that fight or flight you were there when sweat would pour off my brow and I would walk out of meetings who needs this job anyhow fuck I don't care you are in my life for better or worse you're my new wife what's that dear no job no money no wife oh I see I'll cheat and I'll steal to have you in my life hey Dad sorry you're broke but I need $200 my boy needs to eat sorry my son not tonight there are no veggies or meat but I'll be right back just need to run up the street no you can't go Daddy has someone to me hi son I'm home let's play with your toys I like this one that makes all the noise
WAKE UP DADDY DON'T DIE
What I am tired son but Daddy 2 hours have gone by this life is a lie where fake happiness goes to die that boy called heroin is not a good guy that nice warm feeling is the biggest lie the sickness is now your only life depression sets in and you just want to die knowing the destruction in your path of life they all have lost faith and trust in you now they watch you like a thief on the prowl as days go by the thinner you get because heroin is more important than food in your gut your skin changes color and bruises you get from falling all over you high piece of shit months will go by and seem like days in your mind your children will grow and it's you they don't know you spent your life with your eyelids closed losing your home losing your wife losing your child and losing your life I am heroin I am your hero in life your hero in despair I am your life I own you now my will you will do go steal from your loved ones to fill that needle and Spoon destroy yourself because I asked you to for no other reason than being a fool think you can leave me I'll laugh at you I'll make you shake and twitch hot and cool make you ache so bad you'll pray like a fool pray for an end that will never come I'm your partner for life when I call you will come I'll be in your ear for the rest of your life I'll tickle your mind almost every night you'll squirm and you'll squeal and you may get away but I will come calling another day I am your friend I will be for life I will ruin everything you love that's what I like I am the devil and God all in one breath I will be in your mind till the day you are dead I am your hero I will be your friend I am your hero through thick and thin I am your hero I'm called heroin I'll destroy your life your family and friends soon they won't know you you won't look the same the sadness in your eyes that sad look of Shame you'll beg and you'll plead for money to lose on a 1 hour High then spend 3 hours stealing to make another 4 hours go by end up in places you would never even drive by now sit and wait for hours for your dealer to come by the things you will do and not bat an eye for a bag so small that will ultimately make you cry what makes me want this life when all of the joy was gone by the third night feelings of self-loathing and shame from this life will never go away and I think that's all right because now I'm sober 5 days and counting yes that's right goodbye old friend I don't need you tonight I'll think of you often as addicts do but never again will your will I do...

I hope any of you out there can find some peace out of this heroin addiction is not a joke it is not a disease it's a choice that we made and it's up to us to take it out of our lives I pray that this poem can help someone find the light as I did bless you all...

That was brilliant. It actually brought a tear to my eye as I could see myself in there...

I am seriously considering Iv'ing I have been smoking for 3 months and on and off for years, I was going into town today to get a needle pack only because I scored off someone the other end of town I didn't get one, might try rectal cooked up shot. I am really feeling self destructive.

With me trying drugs are always this invisible barrier and once I have done it once there is no turning back

This isn't a cry for help just looking for maybe a sane head who was in my position once to advise me.

I am seriously considering Iv'ing I have been smoking for 3 months and on and off for years, I was going into town today to get a needle pack only because I scored off someone the other end of town I didn't get one, might try rectal cooked up shot. I am really feeling self destructive.

With me trying drugs are always this invisible barrier and once I have done it once there is no turning back

This isn't a cry for help just looking for maybe a sane head who was in my position once to advise me.
IV drug use is psychologically damaging. Think about it, you score some dope, you?re in your car, gotta get some clean gear, and you have the ?talk? with your Pharma persona, you ?sell? your story, and get back to your place and boot it. And the cycle continues ad Infinitum.

I went into town today and picked up a drug pack and the needle exchange got a coffee and came home cooked up a shot with citric and about 1/3 of a bag then when It came to Injecting I was shaking like mad and missed about 5 times in the end I just said fuck it and threw the shot in the bin. I didn't think it would be that hard and im kinda glad it is.

Not going to try again.

thats good. I iv heroin for two years and at first it was easy hittung veins but after a few months they disappear. ended up the only place I could hit was my femoral vein in my neck. I had even injected into the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. hitting an artery by mistake is excruciating and can be deadly. now im a week into methadone withdrawal and all I am doing is fantasising about needles. dont get caught up in it because its so much more dangerous than smoking and impossible to stop. the poem above is amazing. I lost my husbandy job my car my house my kids my health my future. it destroys your life and you dont notice or care until its too late.

Its crazy this drug you just keep breaking promises that you make to yourself. "I won't Inject" "I won't do this or that"

freesolo, consider how much more risky your habit will be with little reward. I was fine snorting for 6 years my nose isn?t even that bad from it. You?ll look back at it as one of the worst decisions of your life in any case why make it even worse?

I get it though it?s the best drug hands down at first. It made me acrually able to function in modern day society so long as I had it. Since I quit 8 months ago my life has been worse than on the dope and I no longer see life as worth shit. I was planning on using it habitually from the start. It sure helped my depression and chronic back pain before it left me in suicidal ruins half a decade later, lost.

I preferred snorting anyway with the 15 minute comeup. Break down, rack up, roll up, snort. It sure is a hell if a lot easier and making the switch it?s not like a nurse is going to teach you. Good luck I?m personally happy it was so hard to teach myself because i discarded them after 5 times and started quitting. As I personally lost respect for myself sticking a needle in my arm.

Thanks Shroomy I have loads of bruises on my hand where I tried to pin myself I'm not going to try again, If I'm honest smoking heroin does nothing but stop me getting sick and I have had enough of it just need to wait to get a Suboxone script then I will clean my act up.

freesolo, I preferred snorting anyway with the 15 minute comeup. Break down, rack up, roll up, snort. It sure is a hell if a lot easier and making the switch it?s not like a nurse is going to teach you. Good luck I?m personally happy it was so hard to teach myself because i discarded them after 5 times and started quitting. As I personally lost respect for myself sticking a needle in my arm.

I have snorted my last 2 bags instead of smoking them and apart from a bit of a burning sensation it is actually I pretty nice way to take it, its a slow come on of course but you can function quite well and don't go straight into a nod. I'm nod sure how much you waste doing it this way if any? Injecting is obviously the best way to get the most out of your Heroin but how do Smoking and snorting compare in BA terms?

i'm in the usa, so it's probably different dope, but the stuff you can smoke here (synthetic) disappears much faster smoked versus insufflated.

If done properly (e.g. not burned, everything inhaled, etc), it should be fairly similar.

The biggest difference is in rush (there can be more with smoking properly (technically vaping, not actually smoked) and length of action. It’s not easy to vape correctly though, and most people end up wasting quite a bit using that ROA.

The rush when properly vaped is a bit stronger than the rush when insulfated, but the length of action is a big longer with insulfation.

Its crazy this drug you just keep breaking promises that you make to yourself. "I won't Inject" "I won't do this or that"

The lies are overwhelming, it’s worse as you are lying to yourself to justify using nore and continue to use.

The lies are overwhelming, it’s worse as you are lying to yourself to justify using nore and continue to use.
Whats even more ridiculous is you pretty much know you're going to break the promise as you're promising yourself (at least I do >_< )

I feel that my tolerance has reached a level where its doing little for me, what do you do at this stage?