• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

What communities did you have in mind where men are as likely to be propositioned? Particularly straight men.

I agree though that there's a big difference between a hard core junkie and someone who's addicted but not nearly as impaired by their addiction, yet anyway.

I was thinking of West/North/central Hollywood in LA and the Tenderloin in San Francisco. Lots of straight white street kids get into sex work in major cities like these here. I’ve noticed it more among methamp users than heroin users, but it’s definitely a thing among both groups (plus it isn’t unusual for them to overlap).

If you are a straight junkie dude propositioning should be a huge concern. Someone just might make you an offer you can't refuse. Then they realize how much money is in it and the hustle carries on plus well for myself that would be traumatic upon getting clean. Makes all the possessions I lost on short sales seem like I was making money, but I was stealing from myself.

brian on the boulevard is worth watching it's on youtube a homemade documentary about a straight dude who does a lot of drugs and the so-called tricks. Pretty chill guy actually, I think he wanted to show how fucked up things can get and was too far gone to care. And that his clients were more fucked up than he was.

It's sad, Brian is / was a chill guy. And the part with his brother. I don't think he wanted to quit he was hooked on the hustle of it too, was just down to make a documentary about how fucked that part of the underworld is. Also, check out TheChemicallyInduced on youtube. Try to watch the videos before reading any comments, they are all short ones about opiate detox but such a chill guy. My kinda friend.

Heroin is pure evil.

That should be all you need to make your choice.

I don't feel heroin is "the devil" and it's actually a very valid pain medication, not unlike what's already prescribed. Everyone here having issues with drugs needs to remember something: You are predisposed to addiction and it probably started in your youth with weaker drugs. That said, it should be restricted to short term use in acute situations, or prescribed to the dying. All narcotics should be restricted that way and real assessments need to be done for chronic pain patients with Non Cancer Pain who could benefit from narcotics, and make sure not to give them to those whom are predisposed to addiction. I am not with Andrew Kolodny and I think that guy is a fuckin' asshole :D I am just saying narcotics are an issues for some, not for others and it's up to doctors to make a reasonable decision on that, and that heroin isn't any worse than what's already available. I have seen it with my own eyes that a lot of people get great relief from their pain meds and never run out early, heck they have enough to give away if someone is hurt. Than their are others who struggle with their meds, like moi.Since I have been prescribed EVERY narcotic under the sun and have been shooting my dillies, I am thinking to try heroin as I have two connections for it. The only thing stopping me is I don't want to be labelled a junkie AND I'm a bit snooty when it comes to what I shoot. I always say "pharmaceutical grade only!" and no one can get me prescribed diamorphine. Fact is, I don't know what street heroin is cut with and I won't risk it. The connections I know of, well ones a dealer so he never touches it, and the other is a super junkie that can't seem to be killed :D Over 50 yrs old... lost his leg... still grown strong :D I think he has a tolerance that I don't. And I don't trust his dumbass to revive me with narcan should I go out.

I've long wondered what the real numbers are. But in my experience a very large number of female heroin addicts wind up prostitution themselves in some form at least once. Which is certainly not even close to the same thing as saying 9 out of 10 female heroin addicts end up becoming prostitutes professionally. Just that it's very common for female heroin addicts to eventually do something along the lines of sex work on some occasion over the course of their addiction.

I couldn't possibly say how many, but my guess would be over half.
But if we're talking about actually being a prostitute as say, an every day occupation, then no, there's no way it's 9 out of 10. By over half, I'm including women who resort to it even just once or twice then never again. If we're going on it actually being something like a job, sure it's way higher than the non heroin addicted population, but nowhere near 90%.

All of this is very true. The majority of hookers/prostitutes are addicted to drugs like heroin, meth, coke, crack, etc.

Also, a lot of addicts do resort to prostitution sometimes just once or a few times in order to get fast cash or free drugs, and this can be sleeping with a dealer for free drugs.

I imagine that a lot of people who try it end up resenting the drug. I haven't had any serious cravings and it has been a full 5 months now. I came to despise it, and concomitantly myself.

I loved it at first and it wasn't causing any problems. Got caught up in daily use immediately with both benzos and opiates, within the same month. It is the H that I truly despise. I can''t imagine using it again, I would find it fucking disgusting. But there will always be that risk now, no matter how I feel about it and recognize how damaged I am by my use of it.

I imagine that a lot of people who try it end up resenting the drug. I haven't had any serious cravings and it has been a full 5 months now. I came to despise it, and concomitantly myself.

I loved it at first and it wasn't causing any problems. Got caught up in daily use immediately with both benzos and opiates, within the same month. It is the H that I truly despise. I can''t imagine using it again, I would find it fucking disgusting. But there will always be that risk now, no matter how I feel about it and recognize how damaged I am by my use of it.

It's been about 7 months for me since I last used heron. After several years of daily use. I'm quite happy with that, but in all honesty I can't say I resent or despise the drug yet. I still dream about it all the time. And for all the horrible shit I did whole on it and all the horrible mistakes I made, I can't deny having that there's a strong sense of missing it. Even missing the lifestyle for all its ups and downs and action. I don't miss being sick all the time, I don't miss that at all.

I wouldn't say it's worth it, not at all. While there are many times where I feel longing for it, there are at least as many times where I feel remorse and pain for how badly I hurt my loved ones and myself. Heron feels fucking amazing, but it's still not worth it. One reason perhaps that I don't feel resentment towards the drug is that I don't blame the drug whatsoever. I almost entirely blame myself. I guess what I'm saying here is, heroins just not worth it. And I've never heard of anyone who's experienced a true mind distorting morality suppressing addiction who'd say otherwise.

Whoa, good job. I didn't know you quit using.

Yeah you can actually see it in my posting history from all the free time I gained not trying to get money for drugs. About 6 months ago out of nowhere I go from posting once a month to a couple times a day, lol.

I've long wondered what the real numbers are. But in my experience a very large number of female heroin addicts wind up prostitution themselves in some form at least once. Which is certainly not even close to the same thing as saying 9 out of 10 female heroin addicts end up becoming prostitutes professionally. Just that it's very common for female heroin addicts to eventually do something along the lines of sex work on some occasion over the course of their addiction.

I couldn't possibly say how many, but my guess would be over half.
But if we're talking about actually being a prostitute as say, an every day occupation, then no, there's no way it's 9 out of 10. By over half, I'm including women who resort to it even just once or twice then never again. If we're going on it actually being something like a job, sure it's way higher than the non heroin addicted population, but nowhere near 90%.

True, a lot of women when they want their fix, dope, meth, rock, or powder right then and there will turn into strawberries where they have sex with a dealer and his friends and get paid in drugs, or ho for cash, which they spend all on drugs.

To anyone reading this who is wondering if they should try heroin or opiates, just don't. Seriously go smoke some weed, or drink alcohol in moderation when you do not have to drive. Heroin and opiates will bring you nothing but addiction, misery, and using them will be something you regret. If you are lucky you will get sober, or quit opiates while you still can. Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
True, a lot of women when they want their fix, dope, meth, rock, or powder right then and there will turn into strawberries where they have sex with a dealer and his friends and get paid in drugs, or ho for cash, which they spend all on drugs.

To anyone reading this who is wondering if they should try heroin or opiates, just don't. Seriously go smoke some weed, or drink alcohol in moderation when you do not have to drive. Heroin and opiates will bring you nothing but addiction, misery, and using them will be something you regret. If you are lucky you will get sober, or quit opiates while you still can. Stay safe everyone.

I find your comment and comments like this to be quite annoying, and if anything contributes to the allure of opiates/opioids. Saying that everyone will get addicted to heroin/opiates etc. is ridiculous. The people who struggle with addiction have it in their genetics and it started in their youth. Fact is, most people who use opiates (including heroin which is a legal medication in some countries) do NOT get addicted. Believe it or not, plenty will NOT like opiates because they will feel the adverse effects such as intense itching, nausea etc.

I have seen it many times with my own two eyes that some have thrown out their opiate meds and requested something different because of the above mentioned adverse effects, and then their are others whom use their meds properly and not only do they not run out early, they have plenty left over.

Weed is not a miracle drug and I for one can attest to the fact that it causes psychosis in some, as I'm one of those people. SIGNIFICANTLY more people get addicted to alcohol and it far eclipses the supposed "opioid epidemic", so telling people to try alcohol in moderation is worse because they have a drug that's more likely to cause addiction that's readily available and totally legal.

I find your comment and comments like this to be quite annoying, and if anything contributes to the allure of opiates/opioids. Saying that everyone will get addicted to heroin/opiates etc. is ridiculous. The people who struggle with addiction have it in their genetics and it started in their youth. Fact is, most people who use opiates (including heroin which is a legal medication in some countries) do NOT get addicted. Believe it or not, plenty will NOT like opiates because they will feel the adverse effects such as intense itching, nausea etc.

I have seen it many times with my own two eyes that some have thrown out their opiate meds and requested something different because of the above mentioned adverse effects, and then their are others whom use their meds properly and not only do they not run out early, they have plenty left over.

Weed is not a miracle drug and I for one can attest to the fact that it causes psychosis in some, as I'm one of those people. SIGNIFICANTLY more people get addicted to alcohol and it far eclipses the supposed "opioid epidemic", so telling people to try alcohol in moderation is worse because they have a drug that's more likely to cause addiction that's readily available and totally legal.

8( I never wrote that everyone who uses opiates gets addicted to them. But a lot of people who try opiates, do wind up addicted, and you yourself are addicted to opiates, so there goes your theory that most people do not get addicted to opiates.

Alcohol has health benefits when consumed in moderation, as does cannabis, as long as you do not drive during/after drinking or smoking herb. Eat some mushrooms instead and don't drive on those either, or maybe you personally should not since you cannot even handle cannabis/hash?

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone I know including myself have something kinda like this junkie code you describe. Essentially just a mental rule that we won't be responsible for someone's first experience with heroin. Once they've tried it, it's different. But even if a lot of us still really enjoy heroin even for all the pain it's caused, I think a lot of us, and certainly for myself, already feel a lot of guilt for shitty things we've done without the added guilt of possibly starting someone else's habit.

Nobody I know is willing to knowingly be responsible for helping someone try heroin for the first time. I have a friend who realized that someone had told him he'd used before, but when the time came it became obvious that he really hadn't. Since the drugs belonged to him (my friend) , he put a stop to it and wouldn't let him (the guy who lied and really hadn't used H before) use it. Not for the first time, not with his drugs.

I dunno what this is like for guys, but one difference might be that women are more likely to be offered sexual favors in exchange for drugs. I've gotten those offers lots of times.so, if you're a junkie, and female, chances are even if you never seek it out, sooner or later you'll be sick and desperate and someone will make the offer.

Which is part of why I think the stats for female heroin addicts that have sold themselves at least once at some point are likely very high. That and the fact that just the ones I know personally is pretty high and there could well be some that just can't bring themselves to admit it

Hey I see your posts from time to time and didn't realize you have been clean so long. Congrats. I have been clean from opiates all year, so 5.5 months.

I think for guys well in one very good heroin documentary a street kid who was a male prostitute said that he was a client for straight men who get off on degrading him. I feel like it isn't as sexual a thing as it is completely taking advantage of someone in a sticky life situation.

Vice versa is likely normally guys taking advantage of a girl with a problem. It's really the last thing a struggling female needs to have on her conscience. I hope you have found peace in understanding that if you ever did that it is likely something to regret but that is life. If you have been clean for that long, this is what matters not the past.

One of my biggest fears was being propositioned because I am very much heterosexual but with how broke I was and how desperate I was to feel better I have no idea what I would have done if put on the spot like that. I wish opiates were legal for people who are struggling with them, then this would not happen so much since the drug itself is if I am not mistaken grown from poppies and not worth the street value whatsoever.

I am happy to hear you are clean. It is always nice to hear that. 5.5 months isn't a long time but with 7 you are really getting there.

It's been about 7 months for me since I last used heron. After several years of daily use. I'm quite happy with that, but in all honesty I can't say I resent or despise the drug yet. I still dream about it all the time. And for all the horrible shit I did whole on it and all the horrible mistakes I made, I can't deny having that there's a strong sense of missing it. Even missing the lifestyle for all its ups and downs and action. I don't miss being sick all the time, I don't miss that at all.

I wouldn't say it's worth it, not at all. While there are many times where I feel longing for it, there are at least as many times where I feel remorse and pain for how badly I hurt my loved ones and myself. Heron feels fucking amazing, but it's still not worth it. One reason perhaps that I don't feel resentment towards the drug is that I don't blame the drug whatsoever. I almost entirely blame myself. I guess what I'm saying here is, heroins just not worth it. And I've never heard of anyone who's experienced a true mind distorting morality suppressing addiction who'd say otherwise.

I am a couple months behind you getting off H. Again, congrats you should really be proud of yourself. I hope your withdrawal wasn't too bad, but I'm sure it was if you went cold turkey. It was the only way I have managed to remain clean because I cannot bear to think of the sickness. I have another run in me, but not another withdrawal. I also know that I don't have self control and it's obvious if I used any opiate I would almost certainly relapse. I hope you are sorting things out. It is hard to get back to the level of responsibility I had before I am finding. I feel unplugged from the world.

I miss the pain relief. I have back problems but I must remind myself that it only worked initially for my problems and then after a couple years began tearing my life apart, seemingly out of the blue. Just woke up a junkie. Otherwise, I am finding myself way too busy trying to resolve major life problems caused by my drug abuse and I am so busy that I don't have very much time to think about #4. There are so many problems and it would never help sort them out.

I am still confused. I am not where I should be in life presently and a lot of that has to do with getting caught up in self medicating with H. I resent my past self for using it; I think that is more well put. I definitely know that I never want to use an opiate again, because the way they affect my mind now is nothing like how they did in the beginning when things were good. I miss how opiates affect me in the beginning; not how they affect me now. I know that there is no recovering to the pre-addicted state so cravings have not been much of an issue so far. I get cravings mostly when my spine really hurts.

Oh, and a past girlfriend of mine dipped into my benzo stash without telling me. I refuse to give people addictive substances. She got really fucked up too, lost her job they sent her home lucky I drove her to work as she would have crashed her car. She has ongoing anxiety issues and she was in the process of getting addicted and there was no getting through to her. It happened after a single use, the strong psychological desire. I will hide them from now on I don't want that on my conscience and I'd wager she is almost definitely addicted now as she had the nerve to ask me for some of them months after we broke up. So irritating.

Seems like you have a clear head. It is nice to see someone get clean for that long who was struggling.

Should a xanax dependent person - 3 or 4 mg once a day to be able to function and 5-7 mg at once to be chilled - try heroine if the person is also dependent on a weaker opioid (DHC 180 mg x 3)?

Both for at least a couple of years.

It is never safe to try heroin, and the dose of opiate you are taking is very low with the xanax moderately high. Countless OD's are from heroin and xanax. The H could send you overboard with the already present sedation and since you essentially have no idea what you're doing because of the unknown purity and content of "heroin" these days. It is a huge challenge to find pure stuff.

I would expect to never be interested in DHC again as well. It will become irrelevant and useless, your tolerance will get too high. You would really have no idea how much H to do. You would have to start with the tiniest pinch and go from there. Then you'll end up taking too much. You don't know the drug yet. It's best that you don't find out how to use it. I'd stick with the DHC and xanax, do you have something bothering you or are you curious? I knew I would want it all the time and was suffering a lot at the time, people try it for different reasons but it's never really that good of an idea.

Should a xanax dependent person - 3 or 4 mg once a day to be able to function and 5-7 mg at once to be chilled - try heroine if the person is also dependent on a weaker opioid (DHC 180 mg x 3)?

Both for at least a couple of years.

Do not use heroin, or any other opiates. A lot of people have overdosed and died from this combination and this includes people who have addictions to both types of drugs and use them in combination frequently, they get a false sense of security where they think it's safe to do and then all it takes is one time to overdose and die.

i let a friend try heroin for the first time. intranasal. real heroin, not the fent blend usually sold in lieu. despite cutting him the tiniest bump, he got so nauseous that he ended up leaving the museum we went to after, to lie down in my car at a parking meter.

he described the high as ?morphine with more nausea.?

it?s not magic. it?s another opiate. and unless you use it all the time or are getting it from someone who does, fuck knows what you?re really doing.

try what?s sold or given to you under the name of heroin if you want. whatever. dilaudid is better.