• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

If you're going to use bottled water then you might as well use tap water, because neither are pure H2O, and bottled water has plastic dissolved in it.

I prefer using distilled water for anything rectal. It's the most sterile setup with all variables accounted for.

Bottled water in pvc bottles could conceivably have non-detectable traces of vinyl chloride in it. That is extremely unlikely for water from PET bottles. Tap water might have minute traces of copper or lead in it. Distilled water is also kept in plastic bottles, mostly polyethylene ...
You are about to stick a plastic syringe (polystyrene, polycarbonate, ...) in your ass containing a potent drug obtained from illegal sources and you're worrying about virtually undetectable levels of plastic / heavy metals.
Time to put things into perspective I think ...

If it doesn't matter to you then don't use distilled water, IDC. Others might make different choices than you. The fact that you're arguing over this is laughable. Stop trying to be right already. I was just offering a different perspective. Sheesh.

Sorry Foreigner, you are the one who started on about distilled water. Anyway whatever. It's just that I think you're making things unduly complicated... but really it doesn't matter.

i have 18mg oxymorph contin and they are the extended release full of beads.. i put them in a pill grinder to snort them. But I wanted to try plugging today. Anyways I grinded them up added 5ml of warm water. Mixed it together and the powder seems to just stay at the bottom of the water and not dissolve aways i drew it into the syringe and lots didn't end up getting up there. So what can I do to make more powder disolve into the water creating a more milky solution instead of water with powder at the bottom?

how many ml of water should i add to 8mg of hydromorphone? and how should i mix it and in what ? should I add the water to the powder of the powder to the water? how do i mix it well enough to get it all into the syringe ? how far up does it have to go to be affective? can someone post a video of the prepping so i really know what to do? dont show the putting it up there just getting it ready and into the syringe that would really be a big help. Thanks I need to know this as i have never injected aything before only snorted the hydromorphone and with time release hydromorph contin if its not in a fine fine powder(which is basically impossible to do with them) is it still ok to take it anally or does it have to be a perfect fine powder?

I find that 3ml dissolve pretty much any reasonable dose of drugs not exeeding 30mg.

ive recently foud that i'm not quitesure if I'm going all the way thru with my syringe if you know what i mean. most of the time i have no leakage but i suspect i may have lost a little bit of my last try. either that or this stuffis just weak. are there places other than cvs that give thse away at a different length

ive recently foud that i'm not quitesure if I'm going all the way thru with my syringe if you know what i mean. most of the time i have no leakage but i suspect i may have lost a little bit of my last try. either that or this stuffis just weak. are there places other than cvs that give thse away at a different length

As you withdraw the syringe the walls of the rectum collapse around the tip but there is always an opportunity for a drop of liquid to follow the syringe on the way out. I often notice a lost drop and I prepare for this by having a tissue handing to catch it and clean up when I remove the syringe. But it's never enough that it would make a significant difference.

I have 8mg dilaudid (they aren't the traditional triangular dilaudids these are circular ones with PMS on one side and "-8-" on the otherside, I believe them to be instant release. Anyways I usually take the full 8mg dilaudid break it up as fine as possible, then add between 3-5ml of water to all the powder mix in shot glass then draw up the mixture and administer it. I find that the pill isn't fully dissolved for what ever reason. When I look at the water in the syringe there are little pieces floating around and if I hold the syringe upside down little pieces will float the the tip of the needle. Is there anyway to ensure that more will get dissolved? Or ways to make more get dissolved so that its more of a milky smooth mixture instead of a kinda chunky bits floating around mixture?

^^ i found kinda the same problem with the kadian morphs....
crush up the beads, dissolve em, filter out the shells, but if i left it sit i still find that there is still some white powder that precipitates out;
i found if i heat it a little it dissolves it but im not sure if its helping or not....

Is there anything else you could use instead of a syringe?

Just use a 1mL oral syringe for minimal discomfort. The kind I use, (Terumo) have absolutely no discomfort, you don't even need lube.

edit: just saw this post was old.

Has anyone noticed a difference in desirable effects (attributed to reduced or increased bioavailability) when a water based lubricant is used to coat the syringe prior to insertion into the rectum, vs not using any lubricant?

This could be placebo effect, but I have a sneaking suspicion that by using a water based lubricant that is safe for rectal application increases the bioavailbility of the drug. For me the difference is VERY pronounced, in the ballpark of 50% improvement in bio availability (I only need half the dose to achieve desirable effects). The lubricant that I have used is K-Y Ultragel, and it is formulated with Propylene Glycol, among other things. Propylene Glycol is a known penetration enhancer that is used in many transdermal creams and is also used a drug carrier for transdermally applied medications.

Even though I am quite sure that a water based lubricant increases bioavailabiliy, it would be nice to read some feedback from the board.

I use such a small amount of lubricant I'm sure it makes little difference.

I don't coat the syringe, I just put a little bit on the end and it's always been enough.

What do I use? Anything - hand cream, vegetable oil, butter... usually a tiny drop of hand cream.

WAIT you're saying water based lube versus NO lube and you get higher bioavailability with water based lubed? Interesting!

I'll need to get hold of some of this ultragel.

I'm a believer

I was always kinda skeptical about plugging meth. Not because I'm squeamish about it but because I really didn't believe it would work that well.

You may have seen my posts a couple of days ago about some crappy meth I got. It wasn't worthless-- just not very strong and it tasted horrible in the pipe. After reading some posts here about BA and plugging vs smoking, I thought I'd do my last little bit that way.

Glad I did. I got more out of it than I had been via pipe, and the comedown was smooth.

I rarely use needles any more, and I never cared for snorting anything but coke. I do enjoy smoking meth (when it's good!), but from now on I'm just gonna smoke a tiny bit to get started and plug the rest. Less harmful, more economical, and no hard crash.

Thanks for the good advice.

I'm sorry but if you're jamming drugs in your ass, it's probably a good time to reevaluate whether or not you should really be using drugs. Plugging crosses the line, seriously.

I'm sorry but if you're jamming drugs in your ass, it's probably a good time to reevaluate whether or not you should really be using drugs. Plugging crosses the line, seriously.

It may not be "socially acceptable," but plugging is probably safer than some more popular routes such as smoking & IV.

*I'm sorry but if you're lacking an open mind, it's probably a good time to reevaluate whether or not you should really be using bluelight. Being a pretentious twat crosses the line, seriously.

Fixed. If you don't like it then that's fine, but don't try and tell other people they are wrong because of you're own insecurities.

*I'm sorry but if you're lacking an open mind, it's probably a good time to reevaluate whether or not you should really be using bluelight. Being a pretentious twat crosses the line, seriously.

Fixed. If you don't like it then that's fine, but don't try and tell other people they are wrong because of you're own insecurities.

Thank you.