• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax? Is it euphoric to you?

Is Xanax euphoric for you?

• Yes

Votes: 233 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 266 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm coming down on coke the next day I get heavy anxiety and when I have alprazolam on hand I get major euphoria perhaps just because I know I wont have to suffer through the anxiety and racing heart etc. BTW on a low dose now and I'm not feeling euphoric in the least,merely sedated.

1,5 mg of it makes me feel quite comfortable before geting me to sleep.
I got desoriented, sedated and very sleepy the only time I've tried 5 mg and I can't remember most of what I did during that time. Hated it.
Odly enough, my doctor is under the impression that I crave for the stuff...

not really. if i take a little, i feel a little less nervous and calmer and kind of weird, if i take a lot i usually get mad and break shit lol.
e.g.
my cell phone is now in pieces since last week i was playing othello on it whilst on a good dose of xannies and i lost and i just flipped and smacked it on the table and snapped it.
thank god it was the LG Aloha.

I found out xanax is only euphoric if I snort it and are around some other people to talk too. I have taken 2mg orally and only got tired, but when i snorted it i felt a quicker onset and was more mellow and talkative. I also wasnt as tired the next day

I don't have very much experience with benzo's, all I've had before was temazepam for sleep. I found it slightly relaxing, and it definatley put me to sleep, but apart from that it did little else.

I just got prescribed xanax today for anxiety (I'm also on seroquel and mirtazipine) .. I took (4) 0.25mg tablets and all I'm feeling (after three hours) is slightly relaxed and very weightless and light.. but no real euphoria, just relaxed.. Maybe it's just cause I'm used to more potent euphoria (opiates and ecstasy) but this isn't strong enough for me.

It's helped a lot with my anxiety, (I was having panic attacks earlier) but it doesn't seem to have much recreational value on it's own, unless the amount I took was too low. So I'm going to jump the gun and vote no.

starring the sun

starring the sun said:
yes, it's definitely euphoric. Especially if you only take it once in a blue moon in high doses.

Thats hard to do though when it's in your cabinet every morning.
Just some advice, dont let a doc, or anyone, convince you long-term benzo use is perfectly healthy, as mine did....

How much of a high dose do you suggest??

if you like punching friends in the face and running into del taco naked....then 3 bars (6 mg) will you suit u JUST FINE

not euphoric, obviously makes opiates 10x better. I've had xanax twice without opiates, the only one I remeber is when i took 4mg (2 2mg bars) and smoked and wasn't high, i was just fucked up... Hard to explain but xanax doesn't make me high, it just fucks me up. like mumbling, stumling, passing out... like a drunk

I'm currently on 250mg methadone 1x daily(mmt)with weekend take homes and 2 10mg valiums 2x daily and when I first started on valium I felt wonderful, but like me I started taking 5 or 6 at a time and was feeling so good nothing bothered me, however sadly now I have such a high tolerance to valium that I dont get much high from it, but it helps me sleep somewhat better at night and sometimes have vivid cool dreams.

If I convinced my psych doctor to finally switch me to xanax, would I feel great again? or in the meantime should I stop taking my valium until I get uncomfortable? or would that be dangerous to quit my valium and stockpile the ones my family member puts out for me everyday as prescribed? I know quitting any benzo cold turkey is dangerous, however if I have a stockpile sitting within reach at all time, wouldn't I be able to just take one or two just to be safe in case my tolerance is way back down?

I've taken xanax and clonazepam... and from my experience, it doesn't feel euphoric at all, not like opiates. Just makes me tired and sleepy, and less anxious. But no euphoria.

The only drugs that have ever given me euphoria are alcohol, cocaine, and opiates. The only thing I've ever gotten from any benzo is tired.

sure, they're euphoric, but i get the shakes like a motherfucker coming off 'em. then again, a few rips from a bong will smooth that out...

no, it makes me feel like a shmuck, a zombie. Klonopin on the other hand, quite enjoyable, makes me feel stimulated. Really not sure why? I'm not a benzo hater, just not an admirer of Xanax:p

Xanax has been with me through every stupid thing I have ever done in my life. Its not longer recreational to me anymore just therapeutic. I used to love taking upwards to 15 mg of xanax a night but now i just stick with 2-3 mg for my anxiety.

i find it very euphoric, and if i take alot of xanax on an empty stomach i get rushes.

I would have to say yes. It is euphoric, unlike any other benzo. When I say Euphoric, I mean good feeling in the head, talkative, happy, motivated, and not even your worse enemy could bother you, in a way like opiates. I have a medium tolerance to benzo's and a high tolerance to opiates. The benzo I am used to taking is Klonopin. I have tried Clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam, and Alprazolam. I think Clonazepam (Klonopin) is the strongest and longest lasting. I have only taken Alprazolam a few times ( I think it is the least prescribed benzo out of the four I mentioned) but when I did take Xanax, it was amazing. A few months ago I took 5 1 mg's and about 15-20 minutes later I felt like I had taken my first vicodin. After that was a blur. Complete memory loss, similar to that of klonopin. Out of all 4 of the benzos I have tried, Alprazolam was the only one to give me Euphoria so the answer to your question is YES=D

nah, use it to keep me from having seizures from my tramadol. Xanax IR and Xanax XR is what Im prescribed. 3mg XR a day, and up to 2 .5 if needed.

My last visit tho, the fucko cut off my instant release. Now I only have the Xr. Dont guess I should have any withdrawals.

See, I still had my one script of IR left , so im using it. When it runs out and Im only on the XR, will I get any withdrawals or will the XR cover it.

Xanax doesn't feel euphoric to me at all. It makes me feel like a fucking retard. All slow, tired and heavy. It's definitely not my thing.

Wow 60mg. I would think thats an OD dose. The most I took was like 2mg and I was definitely out of it. But I have no tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.