• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again it seems pretty clear that the range of effects and perceived quality that people assign to "mehDMA" is so broad as to be largely useless. ThreePointCircle is finds that eye wiggles (nystagmus) to be a sign of "mehDMA" when others in the thread have identified it as a sign of real "magic MDMA" (that is almost completely absent in "mehDMA").
You are right but I count "eye wiggles" as a subjective effect unless observed by a camera or another person. Strong trismus is probably the only objective effect, that can be reliably self-observed. Bowel movements maybe too, but not everyone has them.
That is why, I think it is important to compare the truly objective effects such as pupil dilation (by camera preferably) and various blood tests.
Even a simple blood test like fasting glucose level (pre & post-administration ratio), would yield some hard objective data.

Last edited:
I don't doubt there is plenty of good MDMA circling the world, and it is nice to read the reports of people who are clearly experiencing what they are supposed to experience.
And it is quite possible that since the PMK Glycidate got banned, contaminants such as the M-ALPHA-HMCA are not being generated anymore and the alternative precursors yield cleaner MDMA.
This is good if it happens more and more, but makes proving the contaminant theory harder.

I find the Q-Dance debate to be a bit pointless here. As several posters more familiar with the brand have stated, there are identical copy-cat pills. I could go right now and try to get some yellow/green "Brazuca" pills, but I would have no way of knowing if they were REAL Q-dance or not. Apparently, even the small NL stamp can be copied. So, if I get them and they are "meh" it does not really answer anything about "real" Q-Dance pills, because I don't know if that is what I had or not.

Also, I asked this before, but are all Q-Dance pills made at the same location and then shipped around the world, or do they have different pressers in different countries? What are they pressing? Is it all the same MDMA, or does the MDMA get made in each region? How many chemists are involved in the manufacture of the MDMA? Are some more skilled than others?

There are a lot of questions. It may very well be that some Q-Dance pills are reliably magic, but there have been just as many people in this thread saying they had Q-Dance pills that were meh. So, either there is variation between bi-layer pills presenting themselves as Q-Dance, or some people find them magical and some people find them meh but they are the exact same pills. But, we have no way of knowing whether people are eating the same Q-Dance pills or not.

@popsweat That second report sounds like magic to me.
Back in 2015-2016 when the NL/qdance pills came out, that was when u would be certain those pills were bomb stuff. They were the first to make pills with cool designs.

And it is quite possible that since the PMK Glycidate got banned, contaminants such as the M-ALPHA-HMCA are not being generated anymore and the alternative precursors yield cleaner MDMA.
This is good if it happens more and more, but makes proving the contaminant theory harder.
Anyone who's smart has a stash of pmk glycidate to last year's.

Anyone who's smart has a stash of pmk glycidate to last year's.
Yes, but not everyone is smart and as these stashes are exhausetd the synths will have to shift to other precursors.
Because of these reserves, the change to other precursors is gradual after the glycidate ban...but it is there

Yes eventually it'll change but it'll take years before it's exhausted.as for new precursors it'll be interesting to see what comes next.

Sorry guys it’s been a minute...

My bioassay with the 5-MAPB was inconclusive, it was too on the border of an experience with poor setting but even then I had moments of intense bliss, so idk.

I did however have an interesting experience this past weekend.

So I have this powder/sandy MDMA from years ago I’ve been saving. I’ve been going back and forth in my head on whether I thought it was good or not. My first time seeing it in action turned an entire small venue into a love pit so I had high hopes but it seemed to also be shorter acting.

This last weekend I finally tried it... MDMA varies people, MDMA varies lol.

I’ve never had such a pro sexual experience in my life. I can usually get it up and usually have sex. This was like my entire body was in an orgasm for an hour straight, my dick was hard as a rock, and at moments I just lay there shaking breathing heavily in a state of bliss.

I didn’t even use a full dose, I just added 50mg in with my usual clean shard to see how it feels.

This stuff was a beige/brown sandy with a few little chocolate chunks. Obviously not pure.

My experiences over the last few years as well as my readings seem to indicate that impurities are likely the cause of the increased intensity many of you seek.

Looking at the Hive and Vespiary many of the chemists say the customers prefer the impure product.

The problem arises that each synthetic route gives different impurities, and it seems the common PT hydrogenation route gives impurities which negate the experience.

Reading the Hive it appears hydrogenation has been giving lackluster product when impure since the 90’s.

The reason I haven’t been back in awhile is I’m beginning to become frustrated and disillusioned with the complexity of this issue. I see this “meh” problem as multi faceted.

We have an obvious variation in MDMA batches. We also have individual tolerances, and to top it off set/setting of each experience.

I’m beginning to believe that as an individuals tolerance increases, their preference for certain “types” of MDMA increases or decreases depending.

I think the “types” one prefers once said tolerance begins to occur depends on the type of product they started up/had the best experiences with, combined with the fact some batches are overall rated better in general.

I say all this because while my experience this past weekend is probably what some of you are seeking, and while it was amazing I still have a place in my heart for the other products.

This isn’t a black and white problem, and maybe I’m a lucky guy who’s been super lucky to only get a few batches of meh but my guess is that some of these batches that I find enjoyable, makes me wonder if some of ya’ll wouldn’t?...

To make matters even more confusing... I find that my tolerance to individual batches can raise with time causing me to like to switch around. I’ve also seen folks preferences varied batch to batch.

In other words there’s very little rhyme or reason to who likes which batches, and it’s likely a combination of preference and tolerance. I don’t think there’s any one batch we could definitively say is magic or meh, as everyone likes something different.

Ugh... Over a decade researching this and still more questions than answers.

I can definitely say this...

Safrole to Isosaf, then Isosaf to MDP2P via peracid route. Leuckart reduction. Will without a doubt give the best chances at “magic.”
-GC

@G_Chem Since you like other products...you can go ahead and send that sexy magic to me and my partner... :D

I’ve never had such a pro sexual experience in my life. I can usually get it up and usually have sex. This was like my entire body was in an orgasm for an hour straight, my dick was hard as a rock, and at moments I just lay there shaking breathing heavily in a state of bliss.

This is what my partner and I experienced for years together. This was why we rolled. Although we both had individual histories with the drug prior to getting together, once we hooked up, ecstasy just became profoundly sexual in the best way possible. Interestingly, neither of us had ever had sex on ecstasy before we were together. It never went there with other people we were with. I had a few party cuddle puddle/making out type experiences, but nothing like what we found together.

That's why it was so disappointing when the product changed. It did not just take away the ecstasy experience, it took away a bonding experience that we valued together.

In any case... @G_Chem, I agree with everything you said. I think it is likely a multi-faceted issue. We already know that different synthesis routes produce different impurities. Those impurities could increase, decrease, or alter the experience. This could be occurring due to interaction in the liver or the brain. As a result, different batches vary. Then, due to individual genetic makeup, mutations, overall drug experience, tolerance, serotonin system restructuring etc, each batch hits each individual in a unique way. There are also the set/setting factors like when you last ate etc.

Despite all of this, and believing that it is a complicated issue with complicated answers, I do think that someone will eventually be able to identify certain impurities that seem to decrease the intensity of the experience. I believe the only path there is lab testing. Although, reading the recent research with the M-Alpha HMCA impurity, it became clear just how insanely complex that lab work would be. It is not easy to identify unknown compounds, even with scientists in the lab.

I'm going to continue to test various products, take notes, and try to get lab data as often as possible. If the problem is not me, then I will happen upon the magic that I prefer eventually.

Curious @G_Chem... you said the batch you had recently "...was a beige/brown sandy with a few little chocolate chunks. Obviously not pure." Did it have an odor?

@G_Chem Since you like other products...you can go ahead and send that sexy magic to me and my partner... :D

This is what my partner and I experienced for years together. This was why we rolled. Although we both had individual histories with the drug prior to getting together, once we hooked up, ecstasy just became profoundly sexual in the best way possible. Interestingly, neither of us had ever had sex on ecstasy before we were together. It never went there with other people we were with. I had a few party cuddle puddle/making out type experiences, but nothing like what we found together.

That's why it was so disappointing when the product changed. It did not just take away the ecstasy experience, it took away a bonding experience that we valued together.

In any case... @G_Chem, I agree with everything you said. I think it is likely a multi-faceted issue. We already know that different synthesis routes produce different impurities. Those impurities could increase, decrease, or alter the experience. This could be occurring due to interaction in the liver or the brain. As a result, different batches vary. Then, due to individual genetic makeup, mutations, overall drug experience, tolerance, serotonin system restructuring etc, each batch hits each individual in a unique way. There are also the set/setting factors like when you last ate etc.

Despite all of this, and believing that it is a complicated issue with complicated answers, I do think that someone will eventually be able to identify certain impurities that seem to decrease the intensity of the experience. I believe the only path there is lab testing. Although, reading the recent research with the M-Alpha HMCA impurity, it became clear just how insanely complex that lab work would be. It is not easy to identify unknown compounds, even with scientists in the lab.

I'm going to continue to test various products, take notes, and try to get lab data as often as possible. If the problem is not me, then I will happen upon the magic that I prefer eventually.

Hahaha kicking myself for not hanging onto the whole lot now that I know what it is... I’ve been giving this shit away for years! Good to know a lot of people got to experience this though. :)

I agree completely this will some day be answered but I guess for me personally I need to take a break for a minute and don’t want ya’ll thinking I just abandoned the idea. A little birdie told me they’ve got some things in the works that could at least better answer which routes give the proper product. But it’ll be likely a few years before any further answers from that avenue of research.

@indigoaura Yes it did have a smell unlike any product I’ve ever had before. Best described simply as “chemical or synthetic.”

This product was purchased through a supplier that always had amazing clear shards that smelled faintly of safrole.

One day I go to do my usual pickup and my guy almost shamefully pulls this product out. He wasn’t impressrd with the look of it and I got it for about half the price with the assurance that this stuff was fire.

It reminded me of how molly/loose MDMA used to look, nearly all powder or small crystals with a few tiny rocks that were dark brown. None of this large crystal stuff we see today.

Mecke showed a nice beautiful turquoise to Dark Blue/black instead of a muddy/quick green that some more impure product can do. Which seemed to indicate that despite its look, maybe it was more pure than meets the eye.

To be fair I’ve never seen a crowd roll harder than the night I handed this shit out to get a feel for it. I remember on the dot 40min later it felt like the entire place got “softer” everyone became kind and thoughtful simultaneously. I literally timed it out and told my girl “here we go everyone’s going up.”

This was also the time a girl walked up to me and began talking to me telling me I was her soulmate after 3 words, the look of confusion on her face as I backpedaled and her friends pulled her away was both sad but also not something you see with normal every day MDMA.

This past weekend we did a home roll which usually aren’t quite as good for me as out in public. I was very grateful to be inside my own residence when I was nearly laid out for an hour with a pants tent.

Once that intense peak subsided it was more like a normal roll but still overall more intense.

I don’t know what to think other than I’m yet flabbergasted at the wide range of possible effects MDMA can have. I’d argue there’s not too many other synthetic drugs out there which vary as much as MDMA does. There’s also a lot of different routes to said end product too which I’m sure effects things.

I’ll be testing this product out more and will report back, as well as keeping my eye out for product that looks like this in the future.

-GC

@G_Chem Any chance 50 mg of this stuff could find its way to a lab? I feel pretty certain it will be MDMA only, but would be worth knowing if anything else showed up in a lab result. Let me know if you are willing.

To be fair I’ve never seen a crowd roll harder than the night I handed this shit out to get a feel for it. I remember on the dot 40min later it felt like the entire place got “softer” everyone became kind and thoughtful simultaneously. I literally timed it out and told my girl “here we go everyone’s going up.”

This was also the time a girl walked up to me and began talking to me telling me I was her soulmate after 3 words, the look of confusion on her face as I backpedaled and her friends pulled her away was both sad but also not something you see with normal every day MDMA.

There used to always be a notable shift once everyone had started coming up. The vibe just changed. It was palpable. Your story about the girl reminds me of one time early on, my boyfriend at the time wanted to go to Walgreens to buy smokes and gum. We get to the checkout and he's all wide eyed and coming up, and he invites the checkout lady to come home with us.

Take note: this was a middle aged lady working the night shift at Walgreens. She had no particular party vibe about her. I was horrified, but he was all innocent. He just wanted this lady to come home with us. Fortunately for both of us, she laughed and said she'd been where we were before, and told us to have a safe night and go home without her. He was honestly devastated to leave her behind at the cash register.

I remember when I was 6 years old it was 1986, I went on vacation with my grandmother a few days away, there was a period of considerable rains and not far from where we lived there was a river that poured into the surrounding meadow. There was not much water, maybe 30 cm, but walking and bathing in clear water on the grass was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life ...

Real good mdma always made me feel like I was in this meadow ...

I recently met a friend whom I haven't seen 20 years and he was a connoisseur of mdma, he knows many "people" claim that he has not come across magical mdma for over 10 years.

Will we finally solve this puzzle?

I recently met a friend whom I haven't seen 20 years and he was a connoisseur of mdma, he knows many "people" claim that he has not come across magical mdma for over 10 years.

This sentence confuses me. Is he the one who says that he has not had magical MDMA in 10 years, or do other "people" say it? Why is "people" in quotes?

I agree about the childlike wonder. MDMA could definitely create that feeling over everyday experiences, like breathing.

Last edited:
This sentence confuses me. Is he the one who says that he has not had magical MDMA in 10 years, or do other "people" say it? Why is "people" in quotes?

Yeh, the first part of the post kind of describes the magic that MDMA can evoke. But the remainder confused the shit out of me..

I can't go into the details of my friend but the point is that if he hasn't had access to magic mdma in 10 years, it means it wasn't anywhere to buy in my country.

I can't go into the details of my friend but the point is that if he hasn't had access to magic mdma in 10 years, it means it wasn't anywhere to buy in my country.

I can't go into the details of my friend but the point is that if he hasn't had access to magic mdma in 10 years, it means it wasn't anywhere for him to buy in my country that he knew of

FIFY

It reminded me of how molly/loose MDMA used to look, nearly all powder or small crystals with a few tiny rocks that were dark brown. None of this large crystal stuff we see today.

Mecke showed a nice beautiful turquoise to Dark Blue/black instead of a muddy/quick green that some more impure product can do. Which seemed to indicate that despite its look, maybe it was more pure than meets the eye.

In my experience color of the crystals doesn't indicate anything with MDMA/MDA. I've seen almost every color you can think of: brown/amber, clear/white, purple/nearly black, and lots of variations in between. It just varies from batch to batch like that even from the same source. I've seen mostly crystals unless it comes pressed in pills. All the crystals aren't huge but anything sandy I suspect was just crushed at some point down the line. When I've seen it freshly imported the bulk of the batches are large uniform crystals. I'm confidant most people importing it here receive it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.