• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing ever to really avoid a mdma come down if you are using alot more than the usual rules around it is to take 2CB somewhere a few hours in and smoke alot of weed the whole mdma trip. 2cb is extremly neuroprotective and nick sands recommended only ever doing MDMA with 2cb and i believe this was a combo sasha shulgin very much enjoyed aswell.

Do you think 2CE would have a similar neuroprotective action?
And if so, would different psychs including acid do the same?
Thanks!

Do you think 2CE would have a similar neuroprotective action?
And if so, would different psychs including acid do the same?
Thanks!
I believe with LSD no i get terrible comedowns on candy flips but with 2cb nexus flips i dont. unsure about 2ce.

The best thing ever to really avoid a mdma come down if you are using alot more than the usual rules around it is to take 2CB somewhere a few hours in and smoke alot of weed the whole mdma trip. 2cb is extremly neuroprotective and nick sands recommended only ever doing MDMA with 2cb and i believe this was a combo sasha shulgin very much enjoyed aswell.
while i agree MDMA and THC is a godly combination,
I wouldnt advises it for preventing physical side effects as both vastly increse blood pressure and can put tough strain on the heart.
Mentally though yes ive never had bad comedowns because i always smoked dabs during my rolling days, doesnt work repetedly though as if you are going at it every day brain zaps are unavoidable.

@G_Chem

Maybe you posted it already and I missed it, but did you finish your full reagent testing?

I just re-tested 2 batches this morning with Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin and Simons A/B.

Batch 1:
Confirmed meh (for me and my wife anyway, have some friends who said they enjoyed it)
DN sourced from Canada
White powder with small white/grey crystals

Batch 2:
Haven't tried yet
DN sourced from USA (same vendor indigoaura got her last batch from that she said was just ok)
White powder that looks like sugar

Reagent Results

Batch 1 (Meh)
Marquis: Straight to black
Mandelin: Straight to black
Mecke: Straight to black
Simons A: No reaction
Simons B: Bright blue

Batch 2
Marquis: Flash of purple to black, purple around edges
Mecke: Flash of green to black, green around edges (the green edges could possibly just be traces of leftover reagent)

@sassyfrass

Are you sure that MDMA and THC vastly increase blood pressure. Overdoses of one or the other or both perhaps, but I am pretty sure that the increases are not particularly high. I stand to be corrected though.

@G_Chem

Maybe you posted it already and I missed it, but did you finish your full reagent testing?

I just re-tested 2 batches this morning with Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin and Simons A/B.

Batch 1:
Confirmed meh (for me and my wife anyway, have some friends who said they enjoyed it)
DN sourced from Canada

Batch 2:
Haven't tried yet
DN sourced from USA (same vendor indigoaura got her last batch from that she said was just ok)

Reagent Results

Batch 1 (Meh)
Mecke: Straight to black

Batch 2
Mecke: Flash of green to black, green around edges (the green edges could possibly just be traces of leftover reagent)

Sorry I haven’t yet with all the projects on my plate but today I’ll try and remember to finish them up.

I do notice with less pure batches the reactions are more in line with your initial meh batch, so hopefully this second one delivers more.

-GC

When you say enhanced aesthetic appreciation of music, is that different from enhanced auditory senses? I was specifically thinking of music appreciation with that category, but was trying to be more clinical with how it was described. I can add it to the category already there, or create an entire new row.
Well it is different because one thing is having enhanced auditory senses, meh does that, sound and music are enhanced ,sounds a bit better but that's it, but with magic music is.. magic, sensual, it "plays your soul". You can stay hours listening to music enjoying it while even your favourite music sounds dull and boring on meh.

@Negi No, I did not interrupt any of the attendees at the rave to ask them what drugs they had taken. I was chaperoning a younger family member at the time. It is very possible the spaced out people were not on MDMA, but that does not change the fact that a very small number of the attendees displayed signs of rolling. It was definitely not the same as an event where the majority of attendees had taken quality product.

@Wilson Wilson There have been people in the US and the UK who have commented on the phenomenon.

As for the 2CB...in my experience, taking 2CB after Meh product is horrible. Very negative. Headaches, overwhelming, unpleasant. I always heard how great it was, but that combo is BAD. I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance once when I mixed MehDMA + 2CB with the MehDMA first. Now, the flip side of that is that 2CB first actually seemed to reduce some of the negative effects of the MehDMA. This just makes me think there is something going on with receptor affinity.

@G_Chem

Batch 1:
DN sourced from Canada

Batch 2:
Haven't tried yet

Reagent Results

Batch 1 (Meh)
Mecke: Straight to black/

Batch 2

I am very curious what your experience is with this product. If you and your wife find it to be magic, top product, then I can basically assume my issue is a personal issue and not a product issue. I agree that it looked better on reagent tests, and it feels better than most sub-par product. I will definitely continue to experiment with it, and may try to clean it further/run a column (if I can figure it out).

Me too...original plan was to have tried it already, but decided to take a much longer break.
Almost at 7 months since the last time.

I'm itching to try that batch, but i always find it more fun (for obvious reasons) when my wife and I roll together.
She hasn't wanted to because she usually gets bad brain fog for about a week after we roll, no matter how many supplements she takes, and she recently started a new job that requires a lot more mental focus than her previous job, so I'm waiting for the right time when we can both try it.

In the mean time, I still periodically browse the DN markets looking for the type of clear crystals that were posted way back in this thread, but no luck so far.

I really can't remember brain fog and brain zaps from my earlier rolling days.
With new meh products, brain zaps always start second day after come down. Although, day after i am feeling perfectly fine.
It lasts 3 to 5 days, followed with nausea and dizziness.

With new meh products, brain zaps always start second day after come down. Although, day after i am feeling perfectly fine.

This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread. The day after the roll is fine. Then, day 2-6 you are physically sick (nausea/dizziness). Posters were commenting they had never heard of such a thing, but it has been reported in this thread with the "meh" batches quite a bit. I got some relief recently with electrolyte supplements and high dose magnesium, FYI.

I only got brain zaps if i ate half a gram of mdma in a night. Very good pills with 260 mg mdma usually left me feeling ok the next day but Meth mixed presses gave me the worst comedowns i ever felt with mdma. Speed or meth cut mdma is notorious comedowns same with more MDA content. Pure uncut mdma has been okay if i did a normal 100-150 mg amount for come downs. If i redose the same weight though i will feel quite depressed for a week. Good mdma if i smoke weed the next night the afterglow slight effects come back and i will be on a mini roll not sure if anybody has experienced that before.

What kind of doses are you taking? I've had brain zaps from taking ~300mg in a night. But if I'm less stupid and stick more to ~150mg it's smooth sailing.

I also get dizzy and brain zaps on the 2nd day after Meh MDMA.
My friends, that rolled with me, too. Every one of them.

Yup.

And to me, this is the type of thing that really points to some type of contaminant. With good MDMA pills, I recall on a few occasions eating 5-6 in a night, but I never had any of this weird stomach flu/zapping/twitching bullshit. I might be depressed, yes. Typically, a bad comedown from MDMA was anywhere from a day to maybe 5 days of low mood or overly emotional mood. With the "meh" product, my mood the following week is completely stable.

@TripSitterNZ The product I use is lab tested and does not show any meth or MDA cut.

Do you have a source on the protective nature of 2C-B? @MBaggott mentioned this on a reddit discussion about MDA vs MDMA neurotoxicty, and it stuck with me since I had tried to use 2C-I as a (hopefully safer) alternative to MDMA redosing before.
When you give a higher, neurotoxic dose of MDMA, additionally giving a psychedelic (which stimulates 5HT2A receptors) makes the neurotoxic dose of MDMA even more neurotoxic. All this is shown in multiple studies

Do you have a source on the protective nature of 2C-B? @MBaggott mentioned this on a reddit discussion about MDA vs MDMA neurotoxicty, and it stuck with me since I had tried to use 2C-I as a (hopefully safer) alternative to MDMA redosing before.
Nick sands mentioned it somewhere in a open fourm at talks he would give. Not sure exactly what video it was and i believe ann shulgin also mentions it at a conference. Theres alot of hours of video i have watched on these talks about their lives so im unsure exactly what video it will be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.