• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

I'm (probably permanently) cut off from "proper" anxiety meds as I have a history of benzo abuse and once I lied to a doctor to get a Phenobarbital prescription (NEVER thought it'd work, but she wrote me a 3 month script for 180 x 60mg pills) and later used them to try and kill myself (VERY nearly worked...I was made homeless so took them in a library while listening to my fav songs one last time on one of their internet computers. They have large, separate, individual bathrooms, so I planned to go into one of them and lock it as soon as I felt the pills starting to kick in..but they hit me very hard and suddenly and I fell unconscious in public....I was apparently in a come before the paramedics got there (in less than 5 mins) and I woke up in Intensive Care on a ventilator a week later)...
Sorry, getting off topic, but because of that I'm basically addicted to Gabapentin for the same reasons you are Pregabalin.
Good thing they hit so quick imagine if you had made it to the bathroom we only get one life. Pregabalin just take all my anxiety away i take a 30mmg capsule and in a couple of hours it compleatly gone unfortunatly the tolerance goes through the roof what one 300mg which would keep me going all day, in the beginning, a few weeks later it takes 3000mg just got off them again about a month ago and just have to live with the anxiety and put on a brave face to my wife and family but im not happy and it dont help i got a shitload of indian 300mg capsules hidden in loft

@ChemicallyEnhanced i knew nothing about methadone and by the time i went to he clinic i was so sick i would have taken anything to stop it. I have PTSD and i couldn't handle the mental hell. I had a decent (180 -300) oxycodone habit which turned into heroin. The " Doctor"said weaning off of it would be painless and barely noticeable . That was day 4 no drugs. If they told me i only had a couple days of the agony left and slightly increased my benzo i would have sweat the couple days out Or tapered me even if i had to go in daily. They gave me a bigger more powerful weird habit . I would have never touched Fentanyl let alone inject it but when i tapered methadone the psychological part got bad and i started having thoughts of killing myself and after a couple weeks of that and no sleep i went straight to Fent( heroin is extremely hard to find now) .

I can't blame others for my actions but they should have warned me because every day i'm playing with fire with Fentanyl. I have begged and cried for them to put me on something like slow release morphine and ii would even go daily but nope. I have begged to increase my clonazepam for a week or 2 when i'm at the end of the taper but nope.

They haven't helped me, just saved me money and a few sick days. Now my habit is worse and i'm stuck on the methadone fentanyl loop.

By law they should have educate a person because 4 years later my life is worse not better and i am in no way blaming them for my use but in a way if they listened to me i would probably have been clean 4 years ago . I wanted to quit then and might have had a chance at a decent life

II was already addicted to alcohol (DT's territory, 7 years clean) benzos for some years and smoked for 15 years stopped 25 days ago after an emergency surgery for a gastric perforated ulcer. and i have to say its alcohol, imo, staying without nicotine sucks but not nearly as alcohol.

I find meth is much easier to breathe than oxygen, don’t you think? It’s emissions footprint is far lower too, because without O there is no CO2! Just Crystal!

Ive heard that methane is a main component of climate change as well.. but I choose not to believe and Im a moderator so dont even talk to me.🥱

Anyway meth is the most addictive to get on the main topic.
Wasn't Phenmetrazine rated higher? And 4-Methyl-Aminorex.

I don't think number of addicts is a good measure, as you really need to look at both rate of exposure (if something has never been a part of your world, it's hard to get addicted to it), and severity of the results of use that will still keep you doing it despite the drawbacks. Cigarettes are everywhere and were extremely heavily advertised and pushed on people for a long time. Furthermore, you can use them without going broke, and without suffering serious negative repercussions, except chronically over the course of a lifetime. People don't become homeless, ruin all of their relationships, catch diseases, and prostitute themselves out for nicotine. I somehow doubt you'd see many, if any, people doing some of the stuff and compromising themselves in some of the ways that people do for the really addictive drugs like opiates and meth. if they illegalized and heavily demonized/punished tobacco usage, I bet lots more people would suddenly find the willpower to quit. In fact, tobacco use has gone way down since previous decades, and this is simply due to a more aggressive dissemination of the true risks of smoking, and the reduction/elimination of advertising. And yet, the widespread abuse of opiates and meth is worse than ever.

As someone who fought both a long term heroin addiction and a long term nicotine addiction, I completely agree.

When I first started thinking about covid, and the possibility that if things got really bad and there were supply shortages. The idea of not having access to methadone terrified me.

A while later my mom mentioned what about cigarettes? It occurred to me... They hadn't even entered my mind. Oh well I thought, if I can't buy cigarettes I'll just have to quit. And indeed I did quit a bit later that year.

It was a bit unpleasant, and I'd certainly tried and failed to quit before.

And don't get me wrong, nicotine is unquestionably one of the most addictive drugs out there, I had tried and failed to quit smoking several times prior to my, so far successful attempt (it'll be a year pretty soon actually).

But smoking is nothing compared to heroin, or opioids generally.

As you said, people don't go homeless or prostitute themselves or betray those closest to them because they can't get their cigarettes. They just don't smoke. It sucks, it's unpleasant. But it doesn't fill you with the same kind of psychological terror that tells you you HAVE to have more, no matter the cost, that drugs like opioids do.

DHMO - can't go 48 hours without it or I literally die.
Sometimes, especially in the summer, I can't stop thinking about it.
honestly can't go without it for just a couple of hours.
super low energy without, mouth and skin dry out.
especially the wide availability makes this stuff so dangerous, many many people have at least consumed this once in their life.
Also it's a big component of acid rain, so I'm sure it does lots of damage to my body long-term.

As someone who fought both a long term heroin addiction and a long term nicotine addiction, I completely agree.

When I first started thinking about covid, and the possibility that if things got really bad and there were supply shortages. The idea of not having access to methadone terrified me.

A while later my mom mentioned what about cigarettes? It occurred to me... They hadn't even entered my mind. Oh well I thought, if I can't buy cigarettes I'll just have to quit. And indeed I did quit a bit later that year.

It was a bit unpleasant, and I'd certainly tried and failed to quit before.

And don't get me wrong, nicotine is unquestionably one of the most addictive drugs out there, I had tried and failed to quit smoking several times prior to my, so far successful attempt (it'll be a year pretty soon actually).

But smoking is nothing compared to heroin, or opioids generally.

As you said, people don't go homeless or prostitute themselves or betray those closest to them because they can't get their cigarettes. They just don't smoke. It sucks, it's unpleasant. But it doesn't fill you with the same kind of psychological terror that tells you you HAVE to have more, no matter the cost, that drugs like opioids do.
That's the weirdest about Nicotine in Tobacco. Is it the Tobacco or Nicotine? But it seem's to just stimulate general addictive behavior toward's other drugs in me. And creates the sense of 'hey I am Nicotine and go great with any other drug'. And then 'I'll blast you up for a few second's, while changing your brain reward system in my favor'.

By itself its worthless imo, but still a addictive reinforcing substance.

DHMO - can't go 48 hours without it or I literally die.
Sometimes, especially in the summer, I can't stop thinking about it.
honestly can't go without it for just a couple of hours.
super low energy without, mouth and skin dry out.
especially the wide availability makes this stuff so dangerous, many many people have at least consumed this once in their life.
Also it's a big component of acid rain, so I'm sure it does lots of damage to my body long-term.
DiHydroMonOxide. What is that, why haven't I heard of it before.

The acid rain stopped over here more then 20 years ago I believe. But my attic is isolated with PUR which is StyroFoam, right?, and is produced using that shit.

Felt sorry for the guy's working with it, who advised me to ventilate as long as possible. They all came out yellow, and the smell was awful.

I would advise to stop ASAP ;)

I'm surprised nobody's said marijuana. That's the only addictive drug to me. It's not a bad addiction though. I like it. It's just that I can get spendy with it like when I have access to good stuff and I'll use it as much as possible. When I was teaching at a university I'd even light up in the bathroom before playing. I guess I didn't care about the risks I took but I'm a bit more careful now

I was addicted to marijuana in grad school which led the staff to believe it was psychosis. Hospitalized and incarcerated but never a drug charge. Fucking crooks.

DiHydroMonOxide. What is that, why haven't I heard of it before.

The acid rain stopped over here more then 20 years ago I believe. But my attic is isolated with PUR which is StyroFoam, right?, and is produced using that shit.

Felt sorry for the guy's working with it, who advised me to ventilate as long as possible. They all came out yellow, and the smell was awful.

I would advise to stop ASAP ;)
2 hydrogen 1 oxygen
kinda self-explanatory :p

I can only speak from experience. For me, the most addictive drug in the world is nicotine. It's got me by the balls. Nicotine withdrawal is paralyzing and horrible. It's hell, for me at least.

A close second on my list is crack, but obviously in a different way. I use relatively infrequently but often think about it. And when I cook a batch, there is no option of saving some for later. I no long try to fool myself.