• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

Benzos hands down. I haven't touched one since last september. Was introduced to hell and never came back from it. Turns out my opiate use was somehow hindering my recovery, so I quit those too. Cant really feel much worse when you're existentially in absolute abhorrable hell. Been clean from everything just about six months, still lay in my bed most of the day watching the walls breathe, clutching a blanket, praying for death. At least i'm not where I was a month ago, waking up to shit in my pants and a trashcan full of vomit, on planet mars saying "I promise i'm not going to kill you" in the mirror after I hallucinate myself shaking my own head and walking away and wiping the bloody sinus discharge from where it ran down into my mouth. Sound like fun? That's an addiction. Doctor said I had "anxiety". I say he can suck a f***. 23 years old and bedridden.

You're 6 months out of a benzo addiction & you're going thru all this? Sounds like something you go thru the first 2 weeks of quitting.

What was your benzo/dosage & how long were you on for?

Sounds like a really terrible spot to be in after 6 months of quitting.

Benzos hands down. I haven't touched one since last september. Was introduced to hell and never came back from it. Turns out my opiate use was somehow hindering my recovery, so I quit those too. Cant really feel much worse when you're existentially in absolute abhorrable hell. Been clean from everything just about six months, still lay in my bed most of the day watching the walls breathe, clutching a blanket, praying for death. At least i'm not where I was a month ago, waking up to shit in my pants and a trashcan full of vomit, on planet mars saying "I promise i'm not going to kill you" in the mirror after I hallucinate myself shaking my own head and walking away and wiping the bloody sinus discharge from where it ran down into my mouth. Sound like fun? That's an addiction. Doctor said I had "anxiety". I say he can suck a f***. 23 years old and bedridden.

You're 6 months out of a benzo addiction & you're going thru all this? Sounds like something you go thru the first 2 weeks of quitting.

What was your benzo/dosage & how long were you on for?

Sounds like a really terrible spot to be in after 6 months of quitting.

it has seriously sucked ass man. took a pretty good turn the past couple days. now it's just coordination/muscular sleep and mood issues messin with me. fairly certain within another couple months i'll be pretty darn normal. yeah man six months out. i'd been going through it for years off and on, but never to this extent. i was prescribed 2 mg daily for about 3 or so years. but as the addict I am typically binged up to about 6 mg while taking breaks and not actually realizing how fucked i was. not to mention every time you kick it the shit gets harder and takes longer to recover from. went to a suboxone doc at one point when she finally told me "oh, you kicked ativan a few months ago? that's why you're feeling like that. it can take a year or two to stop fully." And all that time I was using ron morph and oxymorphone sparringly, thinking that they were more addictive. Jokes on me. Serious bitch whore i tell ya.

valium is actually my favorite "high". never really considered it much of a high though, more like a chill. they're just so rediculously hard on your mind/body. GABA-ergic drugs are great, until they turn on you man.

Try having to study and hold down a job whilst in the midst of the w/d symptoms you speak of. So you don't even work ? Maybe if you were working or studying (or even working out and exercising in nature) you'd have less time to focus on yourself.

But I'm on the brink of losing the latter and haven't registered for the former so have lost the rest of the year, so ain't judging. I can tell you because since I've been at home more it's made shit worse, you gotsta keep busy guy.

OT: Opiates def!

Yeah I worked and went to school before it got so fuckin raw. Was doing asphalt work in the deep south and studying information technology. Needless to say pretty much both of those had to come to a close. Very solid attempt at keeping those, much balls I do not myself have anymore. I bicycle 2 miles a day and go to shows, been somehow hiding this shit from a navy recruiter with whome I'll enlist when this rides out.

Because everyone does it [alcohol]. It's everywhere, and cheap.

Not just because of that. Alcohol is a hard drug and when chronically abused its psycho-physiologic effects and physical dependence potential are almost identical to those of barbiturates at both ends: fatal OD and death from WD's can happen with either.

I do somewhat refute what I said about benzos though. Opiates are more ADDICTIVE for the fact that you dont want to stop using/feeling it.

Benzos are just addictive cause you're fuct for months afterwards ans you know that one pill could take it away.

Very, very, VERY interesting and GREAT thread.
I've been using drugs for both recreational and theraputic purposes for 10 years and counting.

I've literally tried HUNDREDS of different types of drugs.
From tobacco and cannabis, all the way to Xanax and Oxycodone/Heroin.
I've tried quite a few class of drugs, Stimulants, benzos, opiates, opioids, etc, etc.

I'll list the drugs in order, that I got most addicted to,

1. Nicotine
2. Oxycodone
3. Heroin
4. Methadone
5. Hydrocodone
6. Caffeine
7. Xanax
8. Klonopin
9. Valium
10. MDMA

That's def my top 10.
My very first cigarette, at age 16 (I'm 26 as of today), was stolen from my dads cigarette pack (Marlboro light 100s).
Right then and there, I fell in love with Nicotine.
For a few months, I would take 3 to 4 cigarettes from pops packs without him noticing. He was a heavy smoker, he would smoke 2 to 3 packs daily. He wasn't buying 1 pack at a time, he bought a carton every week. He would've noticed if I would take a whole pack of cigs from his carton, so instead, I went the smarter route to not get caught and took a few cigs from a single pack instead.
At the time, 3 to 4 cigs was plenty for me.
But when I got my 1st job, at 16, during the summer at a very busy car wash, at that time I was buying my own packs since I had the money. I had my fellow co workers who were over the age of 18 buy me my packs, haha.
10 years later, still smoking. I cannot go through a whole day without having AT LEAST 7 cigs. I was a heavier smoker at 21, I would smoke a pack and a half daily, cuz I was a heavy pot smoker and Hydro/Oxycodone user, and cigs tasted AMAZING when high on Hydro/Oxycodone and cannabis.
As of today, I smoke half a pack daily.

Oxycodone, as my favorite opiate, was the most addicting Narcotic for me.
My favorite ROA was taking them orally, or smoking them.
The classic version of OxyContin 'OC' gave me an incredible rush and high when smoked. It was more short lived than taking them orally, but the rush I got from smoking was way worth it.
I hate the newer version of OxyContin 'OP', they're garbage.
When they changed the formulation to 'OP', I started getting Roxy's instead. Roxy's DO smoke well, but not nearly as good as the classic version of OxyContin 'OC's'
So I was popping Roxy's like candy, using 120-200mg daily for 3 straight years. That was AFTER I was using Hydrocodone 80-120mg daily for 2 to 3 years.
So that's about 6 years of heavy Hydro/Oxycodone use. My tolerance to Hydro/Oxycodone was getting WAY too high, and I couldn't afford the pills anymore so I switched to Black tar Heroin, smoking a gram daily for about a year.
I was also using benzos on and off when I didn't have enough dope, but thankfully I didn't get physically addicted to benzos.
So yeah that's a total of 7 years straight of using hardcore Narcotic drugs, my withdrawal was a living nightmare.
When I hit rock bottom, and went into that type of Withdrawal, I ended up in the ER. Chief complaint of High blood pressure, severe anxiety, severe dehydration, aches and pain, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, RLS, Shakiness, yellowing of the skin, cold sweats, hot flashes, etc.
When the peremedics arrived to my house, they said if you called us 30 minutes later than I did, I could've died from the dehydration from vomiting and shitting (diarrhea) every bit of fluid I had left.
They immediately put me on IV, to get hydrated, gave me Zofran for nausea, clonodine for High blood pressure, and Loperamide for diarrhea.
They couldn't give me any narcotic or benzo until I saw the doctor.
Usually, it takes 6 to 8 hours to be called in to get in a room in the ER, but since I had a life threatening symptom of dehydration I got put in a room within 5 minutes.
Yeah, it was that bad. They knew I was dopesick, but thankfully they still helped me as much as they could.
The doctors ordered me awesome medications that possibly saved my life.
I got put on Morphine (30mg every 4 hours), Ativan (2mg every 6 hours), Promethazine (50mg every 4 hours), all IV. Stayed in the ER for 3 days
Since I didn't have insurance for any rehab, and it was a Friday, so they couldn't send me the Methadone clinic until Monday because that was the soonest the doctor would be available to admit me to the program.
That was about 3 years ago, and still on Methadone today.

As for uppers, don't like them.
My 1st roll on X was probly the most euphoric high I ever had, but the magic disappeared with just a one time use, lol.
But I did use X quite a few times when I wanted to fuck or jack off.
Sex on X is GREAT.

I'd have to say alcohol and nicotine. I kicked opiates and haven't felt the need to go back to them, but alcohol…man, that continues to be a struggle. Don't have issues with caffeine either. I'm an insomniac and avoid it past about 3pm anyway.

High quality cocaine. I've only snorted. The only drug I've done where my very first time using it I told myself "I can see why people get addicted to this."

That is the most addicting. The hardest to quit however has been heroin.

Very good quality Cocaine/Heroin and Hydromorphone, and all the wheel filters/100cc needles in the world though.

Cocaine, MDPV, mephedrone, speed, Xanax were all very addictive I found. Alcohol is definitely up there too

cracks got you after one hit. guaranteed :) heroin will keep you even worse though, but you gotta do it a dozen times.

Nicotine and opiates. Don't know which I'd call more addictive. Nicotine doesn't get me in any troubles like opiates do, obviously..

Nicotine for me, switched to vaping back in '11 and that works for me, but nicotine has came before food by the time I was 18.
I'm also a bit of a poly drug addict, I have my preferences but it's pretty easy for me to get by as long as I'm on something psychoactive. So ATM I just smoke tiny amounts of pot, and the rare pill. I don't particularly like pot but it's more sustainable than the things I really love like dissos and speed, but in a pinch booze, benzos, opiates I guess if there is a big dose real cheap and I got speed..... .