• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

I'm changing my response. There are two different types of addictions.

There's the (in my opinion easier to kick, but that's just my brain/body chemistry) non tissue dependent drugs like Cocaine, Crack, Meth. When you're high or you're coming down you'd do anything to get another taste. The substance consumes you for the duration of it's effects in your body entirely. However once you've come off the drug you feel okay. Psychological addiction can occur, and can be serious, but ultimately I think these addictions come down to will power.

Then there are the tissue dependent addictions: Opiates, Benzos, Alcohol to name a few. These drugs don't leave you with a comedown digging for rocks or shards in your carpet. You just gradually go back to sober. Then, if you continue to use these drugs one day you don't have them and you are violently ill. Benzo and Alcohol cold-turkey WDs can actually kill a healthy person, so in my opinion these class of drugs take the cake. Not to mention they are so insidious in that the addiction takes so long to develop, but once established it is with you for life.

I haven't been able to successfully quit either,but I feel that cigarettes would be tougher to quit than dope.

Cocaine, freebased. Then high stakes gambling. Oxy probably more so cos I just cant kick it or reduce the dose.

d-methamphetamine -- really high quallity stuff and I knew the guy who produced it

I like to do speed on occasion, but this meth was just too good. I just did it that once and chose to not do it again. I can control my drug habits, but its just a whole 'nother thing. It's like the perfect god-stimulant of my dreams. Just seems like excessive overindulgence or something. Amphetamines are enough for me.

Same here.

Ive read that heroin users are always chasing their first high, this never happened to me. The best feelings I ever got from heroin was while I was extremely dopesick. (I mean how in 10 seconds you go from freezing cold, runny nose, close to shitting self, near panic, to All warm, no worries etc)
(sorry im new..)

The only 'first high' I have always tried to reproduce was with lsd. I had my best trip ever the first time I took it(16 years ago), everytime I have taken it since I was hopeful it would be as good, or better, but its never been close. So in a way this was the most addictive substance I ever took.

i dont chase the high with heroin, cause i can pretty much still get it if i dose high enough. with cocaine, however, I just chase a high that i k ow ill never get again.

Nicotine is the most addictive I've used. For me, next most addicting was probably MXE, but if we're talking generally accepted: Fentanyl or Cocaine.

MXE and K are up there for me. If I have a supply I'll use it regularly until I'm out. I've never been in a hurry to buy more, but binges can go on for a while if I stock up.

Oxymorphone, hands down. An opana smoked off of foil. Literally spent all the cash I had on me in about a couple months (I had a LOT of cash, that was blown off for this fix, and till this day I still think to myself, "Huh? Why.."). It has to be the most addictive substance I used EVER, more than a p-dog or the piece ever will. However when I overdosed one night and wound up in the hospital with Narcan pumping through my veins and after those withdrawals, I haven't touched it since. I always wonder about the feeling though... You know when you know that one feeling that you get as soon as you get your fix and just by thinking about it, it amps you up? Idk if that's even makin sense ive been up two days its sleep time

I agree, oxymorphone is fiercely addicting, far worse than heroin or oxycodone, or any other opiate I've done(which is close to all that are available in the US and europe).

I IV'd 4-aco-dmt recently which i found addicting for myself for a good week but i did good at staying away from the needle again. Its was like instant psychedelic crack for me lol. Give it a good while and im going to throw a higher dose in a rig and see how far i can go next time. =D

Im heavily addicted to pot/hash, i have horrid w/d's from it for some reason to. Opiates and benzos are addicting and very enjoyable for me but i can drop them like a rock way before i give up cannabis/hash/edibles/psychedelics.

That's pretty much the definition of addictive behavior buddy. Continuing to use the substance of choice, with complete disregard of what the consequences are. Albeit physical, financial, emotion and harm to the people around you that you care most for. Doesn't matter what the substance is. I tried repeatedly for years to stop heroin on my own but when I decided to go into rehab', it was SO much easier. I must have really pissed off the people in there because I hardly got any major withdrawals (okay, it wasn't hugs and puppys), but compared to what it had been like before, it was so much easier. It made me realise just how much of the psychological symptoms manifest physically. Anyone who'd had a physical addictions knows that when you have the drugs in your hands, or are waiting for them. You're physical symptoms get worse. Just being taken away from that environment was an intricate part of my opiate recovery. I know live back where I used to use drugs before. people often ask how I can do it. I just simply reply that there are drugs everywhere in the world, so there's no where that I can go to avoid them. I may as well be around my friends and family, who I am incredibly blessed to support my recovery. Unfortunately, I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm now Benzo' dependent, Doh!!!

That's pretty much the definition of addictive behavior buddy. Continuing to use the substance of choice, with complete disregard of what the consequences are. Albeit physical, financial, emotion and harm to the people around you that you care most for. Doesn't matter what the substance is. I tried repeatedly for years to stop heroin on my own but when I decided to go into rehab', it was SO much easier. I must have really pissed off the people in there because I hardly got any major withdrawals (okay, it wasn't hugs and puppys), but compared to what it had been like before, it was so much easier. It made me realise just how much of the psychological symptoms manifest physically. Anyone who'd had a physical addictions knows that when you have the drugs in your hands, or are waiting for them. You're physical symptoms get worse. Just being taken away from that environment was an intricate part of my opiate recovery. I know live back where I used to use drugs before. people often ask how I can do it. I just simply reply that there are drugs everywhere in the world, so there's no where that I can go to avoid them. I may as well be around my friends and family, who I am incredibly blessed to support my recovery. Unfortunately, I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'm now Benzo' dependent, Doh!!!

If your directing that towards me. DUHH, i understand that is addictive behavior. Look at the title of the thread again though man. That sucks that your now benzo dependent, good luck to ya.

The most addictive substances are the ones I can -somewhat- casually use every day. For me that would be dissociatives (Ketamine and Methoxetamine) closely matched only by cannabis/cannabinoids. After a 6 month K fest where I consumed over an ounce I somewhat took a liking to alcohol and towards the end mixed it with etizolam. After 3 months the alcohol+etizolam was quit cold turkey without effort, as well as cigarettes in the past. Right now I'm completely substance free for a solid 4+ weeks and the main thing I wanna do is just get baked. I didn't have many hobbies at the time so I had a bad habit of making a drug my main hobby. :\

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... amphetamine salts (adderall). I mean, heroin is both physically and mentally addictive, and I'm definitely a heroin addict for sure, and most days it really sucks but it's nothing compared to adderall and adderall withdrawal.

For anyone who hasn't experienced one or the other or neither, they may not understand. But adderall will turn your brain inside out and fuck every last axon, synapse and dendrite until, withdrawing, you feel like the most depressed, unproductive, incapable, lethargic and retarded sad son of a bitch alive. Did I mention that it will make you feel depressed? Yeah, the depression is absolutely crippling. It was the most awful experience I've ever had, second only to mono (I had a particularly bad case of mono that had hospitalized me for a short time).

The feeling of taking adderall is great, though. I mean, it basically makes you feel like the opposite of all those things I just mentioned. That's why I continued taking it because it was so awesome; I felt upbeat, confident, capable... became insanely productive, banging out a couple of 12-page papers in one night -- good papers, too, papers that I read through today from time to time and still impress me like, "damn! I wrote this?"\

that's why it's so addictive, or, at least that's what I believe and that's what my experience had been anyway.

Last edited:
The rush of injecting heroin the first time.
I was into ecstasy at one point; but hated the comedowns.

Oxymorphone, hands down. An opana smoked off of foil. Literally spent all the cash I had on me in about a couple months (I had a LOT of cash, that was blown off for this fix, and till this day I still think to myself, "Huh? Why.."). It has to be the most addictive substance I used EVER, more than a p-dog or the piece ever will. However when I overdosed one night and wound up in the hospital with Narcan pumping through my veins and after those withdrawals, I haven't touched it since. I always wonder about the feeling though... You know when you know that one feeling that you get as soon as you get your fix and just by thinking about it, it amps you up? Idk if that's even makin sense ive been up two days its sleep time

My friend used to be addicted to these before he was sent to the program where we met so haven't seen the addiction first hand but he said it was getting bad. I honestly never heard of them up until then. I've heard some where that its not an opiate but one of those fake opiates like opioids I think?
MDPV is to meth=opana is to OxyContin? Or heroin which r pretty close them selves