• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble Peeing on Opiates: Urinary retention issues Q&A Megathread

^are you on a morphine related opiate?

chronic morphine use is known to lower testosterone and hormone levels

Im on oxycontin 240mg's a day and methadone 80mg's a day....for the last 3 months w/ the methadone for opiods the last 4 years non stop it seemed to rather slowly take away the ability to acheive a ergasm and a little on the overall sex drive....It diff. would make some of us not even be able to have sex....well from what i have heard

^exactly the reason i prefer to take a seat and relax, perfectly fucking illustrated. you're a lot less likely to take a huge fall if you're extremely faded. just lay back on that throne.

though i'm sorry to hear about you smashing up your face, i've had similar instances blacking out on benzos and alcohol waking up with a blood soaked face, broken glasses frames, torn clothes, with a trail of blood to at least try help retrace those steps after the fall.
i'm going for the seat belt if i fall off again. standing isn't an option since i'm a woman and sprawling backward never worked real well either. when drunk as hell one new year's eve, i sprawled backward, fell off the side of the potty, and almost landed in the bathtub.
i'm still amazed there was no noticable injury and no blood since the bridge of my nose and my forehead were sore as hell for a couple weeks afterward. however i'm a tad suspicious that i've got a deviated septum now. i can't get much air up the left side of my nose so i may have to get that checked out in january if it doesn't get better.
-izzy

Get a woman to scratch your back with the water running. I don't know what it is, but it works. Or you can hardball it and stick your dick in a cup of hot water. You will infallibly urinate.

yall wanna enjoy opiates, got to deal wit da negatives, i spent hours b4 opiate induced sooo badly i almost on the verge of crying cuz i just couldnt pee, from standing to sitting, taking clothes off, running water, drinking water, splashing on face, taking shower, it takes time and relaxatino but u will eventually pee b4 it hurts too badly...seems like heroin, methadone and morphine only make it the hardest to pee verse other opiates

:Xyeah for awhile i didnt know what the hell was going on it was frustrating. i set an apointment with a uroligist and had my prostate looked
@ and that was normal so he put me on some meds that help with peeing i think they were called rapaflo or something but anyway they didnt work so i tryed sitting down to pee and it helped most of the time. but i ended up having a procrdure done called inter stim and its been helping alot. i never knew that opiates had a effect on peeing. ive been on 370 mg's of methadone a day for the past three years and when it comes to shitting oh my god its the worst8o

:Xyeah for awhile i didnt know what the hell was going on it was frustrating. i set an apointment with a uroligist and had my prostate looked
@ and that was normal so he put me on some meds that help with peeing i think they were called rapaflo or something but anyway they didnt work so i tryed sitting down to pee and it helped most of the time. but i ended up having a procrdure done called inter stim and its been helping alot. i never knew that opiates had a effect on peeing. ive been on 370 mg's of methadone a day for the past three years and when it comes to shitting oh my god its the worst8o

bloody shits eh..... we could have a whole thread on that...

Sometimes I use over the counter water pills-the same kind we women use when we're getting our period. I've also used caffeine pills with some success.

I'm not sure if it's related but once I got really swollen-like all over my body swollen. Started having issues with what felt like swelling of the brain (blackouts, decreased LOC etc.) This only happened once and I'm not sure if it was related to urinary retention or SIADH or Too little sodium in my system-all potential side effects of opiates.

My doc couldn't figure it out either-but it was scary as hell-I mean terrifying. I was afraid it would happen again since we never could pin down what caused it-but so far so good although now, at the first sign of urinary retention or constipation I'm all over it-water pills, Milk of Mag. and anything else I happen to pull out of the hat.

The pee-pee/poo-poo thing does suck-

urinary retention from methadone(and one other question)

I usually sit on the toilet like a woman pees, and that can help (for some weird reason), but sometimes I just cannot pee at all. Running the water from the sink's tap helps, but not very much... Or when I focus hard enough on pissing, right before I am about to be able pee I nod out...

Any one know how to help this? It can be embarrassing when someone is in the bathroom waiting to use the toilet, and I have to sit on it like a woman and ask them to run the sink's tap...

Also, on a similar note, are pin-point pupils and an inability to urinate a sign of taking too much methadone (or other opiate)? I've always just associated these physical conditions with being high, but recently read in a pamphlet about drug overdoses that these are a sign that someone could be ODing....

I've never had a huge problem with this, but it is common. I think the most obvious solution is to drink, drink, drink (water lol). Then again I knew a man who would spend hours trying to piss and it was painful for him psychologically. This was with oxy.

Additionally these are signs of OD, but there are different definitions of ODs. These aren't signs that you need to go to a hospital or anything imo, however if you are really incapable of urinating, you need to re-evaluate your opiate intake and consider seeing a doctor if your symptoms continue into non-opiated life.

I've never had a huge problem with this, but it is common. I think the most obvious solution is to drink, drink, drink (water lol). Then again I knew a man who would spend hours trying to piss and it was painful for him psychologically. This was with oxy.

Additionally these are signs of OD, but there are different definitions of ODs. These aren't signs that you need to go to a hospital or anything imo, however if you are really incapable of urinating, you need to re-evaluate your opiate intake and consider seeing a doctor if your symptoms continue into non-opiated life.

Yeah, urinary retention definitely is a psychological issue as well as a physical one.

Also, these symptoms (urinary retention and pinpoint pupils) are most likely cause by opiates, because I only take opiates about once a week (65mg of methadone, give or take 5mg) , and only experience these symptoms when I have taken opiates...

Do you have these effects on other opiates like oxycodone or anything else you have come across? Other opioids may have different side effects for your specific body chemistry. Worth a try anyway. Pinpoint pupils is normal and a sign for a lot of people that they are "opiated", but the other is more concerning and hopefully avoidable with a replacement opioid.

I only like done because every other opiate does not last long enough for satisfaction and I have to redose every half hour

I use to have this problem. I bet you are on a massive dose of methadone? For me 30ml/mg of methadone a day used to hold a 2gram a day smack habbit. From my experience methadone is highly over prescribed half the problem being nature of the opiate addict wanting as much as possible to avoid w/d's. If I was you try and taper your dose asap. I managed to taper from 100ml/mgs of methadone by 5ml/mgs a day untill I got down to 25 as then really started noticing the effects of the drop so I had to slow down a bit and I was on a script for 8 years so it can be done. Methadone is horrible nasty toxic stuff and I'm glad I am now off it so my advice is taper at a rate you are comfotable with and try and stay on as low dose as possible for as little time as possible.

First time I started on tramadol I couldn't piss for days! It was agony! And then the moment my tolerance began to climb that was it, it went away. Constipation is still bad though.

It's like people have said ... if you want to use opioids for whatever reason, it's a trade-off. Good and bad: accept them both.