• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Thank you for your concern my friend I don’t want to get addicted so I’m going to stop,

Does anyone on here know if Zopiclone or Etizolam will show up on 10 panel drug screen, can they differentiate them from ambien and klonopin?

Yeah John, I just don't want to see someone else succumb to this shitty opioid and go through the same thing I did. But, I don't want to give you a moralistic anti-drug speech either, it would be the least appropriate. I just wanted to tell you, be very careful and and try to take it only when your pain is unmanageable with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). If you have any suspicions of misuse or dependency, it is best to stop right now, my friend.

Regarding the drug screen, I am sorry I cannot help you, since I have never taken one. I have the impression that etizolam being a benzo can appear but zopiclone I do not think. It's too "specific" a drug to appear in a drug screen. But maybe someone with more experience can help you more @DeathIndustrial88 ??

My best regards, my friend.

Yeah John, I just don't want to see someone else succumb to this shitty opioid and go through the same thing I did. But, I don't want to give you a moralistic anti-drug speech either, it would be the least appropriate. I just wanted to tell you, be very careful and and try to take it only when your pain is unmanageable with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). If you have any suspicions of misuse or dependency, it is best to stop right now, my friend.

Regarding the drug screen, I am sorry I cannot help you, since I have never taken one. I have the impression that etizolam being a benzo can appear but zopiclone I do not think. It's too "specific" a drug to appear in a drug screen. But maybe someone with more experience can help you more @DeathIndustrial88 ??

My best regards, my friend.
Thank you my friend, I am going for the drug screen today, I have asked the question in the Benzos thread but no one has answered.

Thank you my friend, I am going for the drug screen today, I have asked the question in the Benzos thread but no one has answered.

Zopiclone could maybe cause a false positive on a test, but I think the tests are pretty specific for what they're looking for, so it shouldn't register.
Etizolam may also cause a false positive, since it is a benzo and ambien is benzo-like.

I some times take the 10 panel tests when I get tested by Suboxone clinic and I am prescribed klonopin and for some reason it doesn't even show up on the test some times, even if I take it right before I go in.

I think you should be okay. I'm not sure what you're test is for, but if it does cause a false positive, they can send it to a label to have it analyzed & they'll see that it wasn't klonopin and was indeed something else.

This site does show Ambien as showing up as a benzo though. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

Zopiclone could maybe cause a false positive on a test, but I think the tests are pretty specific for what they're looking for, so it shouldn't register.
Etizolam may also cause a false positive, since it is a benzo and ambien is benzo-like.

I some times take the 10 panel tests when I get tested by Suboxone clinic and I am prescribed klonopin and for some reason it doesn't even show up on the test some times, even if I take it right before I go in.

I think you should be okay. I'm not sure what you're test is for, but if it does cause a false positive, they can send it to a label to have it analyzed & they'll see that it wasn't klonopin and was indeed something else.

This site does show Ambien as showing up as a benzo though. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
Thank you for your help @DeathIndustrial88, I appreciate it, would you know how long Zopiclone and Etizolam stay in your system after the last day of taking them? Klonopin and ambien I have a script for, I last took Zopiclone and Etizolam this past Sunday.

Thank you for your help @DeathIndustrial88, I appreciate it, would you know how long Zopiclone and Etizolam stay in your system after the last day of taking them? Klonopin and ambien I have a script for, I last took Zopiclone and Etizolam this past Sunday.

Zoplicone :
"The elimination half-life is approximately 5 hours at the recommended doses."

This means that 5 hours after you dose, the amount of zoplicone in your system will drop by half. And then after another 5 hours it will drop by half again.
So say you took 10mg of zoplicone (not sure what dosages you have or what they come in), but 5 hours after you take it, you will still have 5mg in your system. Then in another 5 hours you will have 2.5mg in your system and so on and so forth. So you'd probably need a good 24-48hrs for it to complete leave your system.

Etizolam :
"elimination half-life of 7-15 hours, a distribution volume of 0.7-1.1 L/kg, and a biological availability of 93% for etizolam."

Same principal applies here. Say you took 20mg of etizolam (I have never used this drug, so I'm not sure what dosages it comes in, so this is just hypothetical). But say you took 20mg, in anywhere between 7-15 hours, it will drop to 10mg still in your system. And then after another 7-15hrs it will drop to 5mg in your system.
So depending on dosage, I would say to give yourself anywhere from 48-72hrs clean from etizolam before taking any tests. However if your doses are much lower (like say 2mg), you could possibly pass a test after 48hrs since the amount left in your body after such a small dose probably wouldn't register.

Hope this helps man.

I am missing my tramadol today. :( it's like I lost one of my best friends. No withdrawals, as I used the last of my pills intermittently. But that longing to feel good, stimulated and euphoric is constantly pressing on my mind.

My suboxone clinic is fucking around with my clonazepam script too. Last month they accused me of filling them early and having extra. When what really happened is my pharmacy texts me a few days before my meds are due for refill (if they have refills on them) and I reply with "REFILL" and they fill them all. And I did this 3 days early, which was on a Friday (October 30th to be exact) and my pharmacy filled them early but I didn't actually pick them up til the following Monday when they were due. So instead of asking me about it or assuming they got filled early out of convienence, the nurse at my clinic claimed I filled them early and "must have extra" and wrote this previous script for 2 days less than what I normally get. Even though I explained to her what happened. And now they are ready to be due again and the clinic is not answering my voicemails and hasn't sent it over to my pharmacy. Sick of this place. I bet you anything they will fuck around and fuck me over and then no one will be there over New Years weekend. I swear the nurses at this place are in cahoots to try and fuck me over. Been here for years and really like my doctor there, but the nurses have been fucking up my appts and scripts lately and then blaming ME for their mistakes.

Last edited:
Zoplicone :
"The elimination half-life is approximately 5 hours at the recommended doses."

This means that 5 hours after you dose, the amount of zoplicone in your system will drop by half. And then after another 5 hours it will drop by half again.
So say you took 10mg of zoplicone (not sure what dosages you have or what they come in), but 5 hours after you take it, you will still have 5mg in your system. Then in another 5 hours you will have 2.5mg in your system and so on and so forth. So you'd probably need a good 24-48hrs for it to complete leave your system.

Etizolam :
"elimination half-life of 7-15 hours, a distribution volume of 0.7-1.1 L/kg, and a biological availability of 93% for etizolam."

Same principal applies here. Say you took 20mg of etizolam (I have never used this drug, so I'm not sure what dosages it comes in, so this is just hypothetical). But say you took 20mg, in anywhere between 7-15 hours, it will drop to 10mg still in your system. And then after another 7-15hrs it will drop to 5mg in your system.
So depending on dosage, I would say to give yourself anywhere from 48-72hrs clean from etizolam before taking any tests. However if your doses are much lower (like say 2mg), you could possibly pass a test after 48hrs since the amount left in your body after such a small dose probably wouldn't register.

Hope this helps man.
It does help and thank you for the help, I took 20mg of Zoplicone on Sunday and 6 mg of Etizolam on Saturday and 337.5 mg of Tramadol on Saturday, I went for my drug screen today, I had to, I gave them a list from my pharmacy for the meds I take, Klonopin .5mg twice a day and ambien 12.5mg CR at bedtime and all the other diabetic and gerd and cholesterol medications I take.

If anything does show up, I'm thinking the klonopin and ambien will through it off, it's a 10 panel drug screen so I don't know how good that test is.

When I asked the nurse if something that shows up on the test that's on the medication list I gave here, she looked at me suspiciously and said the lab will call me, that's it, kind of cold, I take like ten different kinds of medications for my diabetes and cholesterol and acid reflux, all that shit mixed up together is bound to cause a false positive.

I am missing my tramadol today. :( it's like I lost one of my best friends. No withdrawals, as I used the last of my pills intermittently. But that longing to feel good, stimulated and euphoric is constantly pressing on my mind.

My suboxone clinic is fucking around with my clonazepam script too. Last month they accused me of filling them early and having extra. When what really happened is my pharmacy texts me a few days before my meds are due for refill (if they have refills on them) and I reply with "REFILL" and they fill them all. And I did this 3 days early, which was on a Friday (October 30th to be exact) and my pharmacy filled them early but I didn't actually pick them up til the following Monday when they were due. So instead of asking me about it or assuming they got filled early out of convienence, the nurse at my clinic claimed I filled them early and "must have extra" and wrote this previous script for 2 days less than what I normally get. Even though I explained to her what happened. And now they are ready to be due again and the clinic is not answering my voicemails and hasn't sent it over to my pharmacy. Sick of this place. I bet you anything they will fuck around and fuck me over and then no one will be there over New Years weekend. I swear the nurses at this place are in cahoots to try and fuck me over. Been here for years and really like my doctor there, but the nurses have been fucking up my appts and scripts lately and then blaming ME for their mistakes.
Sorry for your troubles man, I know how you feel, that's why I always make sure I refill on the exact same day of the month, so I don't have that problem, some doctors and nurses are scum they hold the power and don't give a shit about you, that's why I'm suffering right now with pain, because the scumbag doctor thinks I'm trying all to cope pain pills when I don't even have a history of abuse.

Bullshit on them and it's only going to get worse with all these pharmaceutical companies getting sued, they think they are doing something good by making it hard for the person in pain to get pain meds when all they'll do is turn to the street dealer and buy some dirty shit laced with fentanyl and overdose and die, they are doing more harm than good.

Sorry for your troubles man, I know how you feel, that's why I always make sure I refill on the exact same day of the month, so I don't have that problem, some doctors and nurses are scum they hold the power and don't give a shit about you, that's why I'm suffering right now with pain, because the scumbag doctor thinks I'm trying all to cope pain pills when I don't even have a history of abuse.

Bullshit on them and it's only going to get worse with all these pharmaceutical companies getting sued, they think they are doing something good by making it hard for the person in pain to get pain meds when all they'll do is turn to the street dealer and buy some dirty shit laced with fentanyl and overdose and die, they are doing more harm than good.

I couldn't agree more man. My mom has had cancer for the past year and they won't give her jack shit every time they have to drill into her bone.
It really boils my blood.

I finally had to call the clinic (again) and tell them to send over my damn meds. They did, but they made it 2 days short again. Damn nurses like to have a superiority complex. I've never really found benzo's to be fun. They aren't euphoric and some times it even irritates me having to feel dulled down, but they are excellent tools for people who suffer from anxiety and nervous system issues. I dunno why this nurse has a bug up her ass. Klonopin isn't a drug I would abuse anyway.

I'm very pro-heroin legalization. There would be less death, less crime and less suffering if people could just access their opioid of choice in a clean and safe manner.

Someone asking why feeling weird day after. I'd go as far and say it's only rebound symptoms. Tramadol is the only pharmaceutical which makes me feel low the morning after with only one days use.

I know it complex pharmacology and have been using it for pain a long time. I'm ultra rapid metaboliser of cyp2d6 and not just that.
I have super fast metabolism and with tramadol I can exercise a lot which makes it even faster...

I take 300mg a day these days (prescribed 400mg for chronic pain), and if I wait some 24h after my last dose I'll start getting better. If I take it every 4-6h I'm having rebound symptoms all the time. I don't have to stagger it to get max effects from larger doses. So I take it strangely in the morning and mid-day and then nothing. Pain is much better in control. Wierd stuff.

I couldn't agree more man. My mom has had cancer for the past year and they won't give her jack shit every time they have to drill into her bone.
It really boils my blood.

I finally had to call the clinic (again) and tell them to send over my damn meds. They did, but they made it 2 days short again. Damn nurses like to have a superiority complex. I've never really found benzo's to be fun. They aren't euphoric and some times it even irritates me having to feel dulled down, but they are excellent tools for people who suffer from anxiety and nervous system issues. I dunno why this nurse has a bug up her ass. Klonopin isn't a drug I would abuse anyway.

I'm very pro-heroin legalization. There would be less death, less crime and less suffering if people could just access their opioid of choice in a clean and safe manner.
Sorry to hear that man, and sorry for your mom, hope she gets better, yeah the powers that be think they're doing good when all they're doing is creating more deaths.

I passed my physical.

I miss tramadol a lot too, but 1-3 days are the hardest. But, it's still very difficult and after the holidays we will see if I am able to control my cravings. I have tried to rest and sleep as well as possible, disconnect from the internet, exercise again, meditate, write or anything that makes you forget for a while that thought that tells you "just one more time."

Wow man. Those nurses really suck. Do you think it's something personal or are they just terrible at their work? Can't you make a complaint or something like that?

And by the way, I'm very sorry about your mother. Cancer is the disease that I am most afraid of. I hope that she is much better now. If my mother got sick, I don't know if I would be strong enough to handle it without drugs.

About benzos, I think the problem is that they're not abused (at least for the vast majority of people) but you quickly become dependent and when you miss a dose the rebound effect or anxiety is worse than before you took benzos. Luckily I only took benzos for 2 months and something and was able to quit them cold turkey. Honestly, I tried the famous "Xanax" or Alprazolam to see if its effects were as great as they say, but BIG NO. It just makes me sleep.

Someone asking why feeling weird day after. I'd go as far and say it's only rebound symptoms. Tramadol is the only pharmaceutical which makes me feel low the morning after with only one days use.

I know it complex pharmacology and have been using it for pain a long time. I'm ultra rapid metaboliser of cyp2d6 and not just that.
I have super fast metabolism and with tramadol I can exercise a lot which makes it even faster...

I take 300mg a day these days (prescribed 400mg for chronic pain), and if I wait some 24h after my last dose I'll start getting better. If I take it every 4-6h I'm having rebound symptoms all the time. I don't have to stagger it to get max effects from larger doses. So I take it strangely in the morning and mid-day and then nothing. Pain is much better in control. Wierd stuff.

Yeah, tramadol is a weird drug. Even those who invented it don't know how it works completely hahaha..

It also helped me a lot in my workouts or exercises. The interesting thing is also that I could sleep less and without feeling tired.

I think stagger the doses is only for first time users or people who took it not everyday. I also noticed taking 300 mg. in one dose sometimes it worked better than taking it in a 2 hour stagger for example. But, that was because I already had enough tramadol running through my body, which caused the vast majority (90%) of the drug to be metabolized.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know you are an ultra fast metabolizer? Is there a test that tells you?

I miss tramadol a lot too, but 1-3 days are the hardest. But, it's still very difficult and after the holidays we will see if I am able to control my cravings. I have tried to rest and sleep as well as possible, disconnect from the internet, exercise again, meditate, write or anything that makes you forget for a while that thought that tells you "just one more time."

Wow man. Those nurses really suck. Do you think it's something personal or are they just terrible at their work? Can't you make a complaint or something like that?

And by the way, I'm very sorry about your mother. Cancer is the disease that I am most afraid of. I hope that she is much better now. If my mother got sick, I don't know if I would be strong enough to handle it without drugs.

About benzos, I think the problem is that they're not abused (at least for the vast majority of people) but you quickly become dependent and when you miss a dose the rebound effect or anxiety is worse than before you took benzos. Luckily I only took benzos for 2 months and something and was able to quit them cold turkey. Honestly, I tried the famous "Xanax" or Alprazolam to see if its effects were as great as they say, but BIG NO. It just makes me sleep.

Yeah, tramadol is a weird drug. Even those who invented it don't know how it works completely hahaha..

It also helped me a lot in my workouts or exercises. The interesting thing is also that I could sleep less and without feeling tired.

I think stagger the doses is only for first time users or people who took it not everyday. I also noticed taking 300 mg. in one dose sometimes it worked better than taking it in a 2 hour stagger for example. But, that was because I already had enough tramadol running through my body, which caused the vast majority (90%) of the drug to be metabolized.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know you are an ultra fast metabolizer? Is there a test that tells you?
Yes, I had multiple liver enzyme tests done when trying to figure why I don't respond most drugs too much. I have multiple alleles of cyp2d6. I have had done also few tests on hospital where they simply check the amount of certain substance at certain time and my body has so far been like 3x faster than normal.

I mean public health was I guess thinking I'm selling my prescriptions, I have multiple doctor texts stating I'm too alert etc to be on such high doses of meds.

Going of the subject but I metabolize alcohol super fast but the next stage isn't so fast so I get instant hangover...

Going to have a nice new year party now! Happy new year everyone!

Are you wanting to be done with tramadol altogether Supersonic? May I ask why if you are so? ( I hope I haven't asked this already, lol my memory is a bit hazy at the moment lolol). I don't think I ever could have stopped tramadol. The only thing that stopped me even after about 12 years now is being cut off from them. lol Buprenorphine has been a major help too. It helps give me a vague semblance of my tramadol days. But I think tramadol has the power to be more euphoric than buprenorphine. Some of my FONDEST memories EVER were being high on trams back in my early 20's. Oh man, words can't describe it. lol It was like beautiful sunshine beating down on me all day. I became totally manic with music on it too, I just could NOT get enough music!!! lol trams + music use to be my ultimate get away from reality heaven. Always burning holes in shit from nodding out, that's how strong trams use to be on me back then. Then later heroin became my magical get away. And now i'm stuck with shitty buprenorphine. :( lol

I'm not sure about those nurses there. My doctor seems pretty cool. It did take me 4 years to convince her to give me a benzo for my anxiety, but I can understand my doctors fear. She works with a lot of addicts and I'm sure a lot of them do stupid shit mixing their drugs. But I've made it a point to be honest with my doctor and the only thing I've ever really peed dirty for was weed. I told her straight up that i've never had a benzo problem or anything. And one day I went in for an appt and my blood pressure was in the heart attack / stroke territory. But I was also incredibly anxious that day (I get agoraphobia and anxiety from public places) and so I told my doctor that the blood pressure meds she had me on for anxiety weren't working for my anxiety and that it was probably important for me to be on a benzo at this point. And she agreed. I asked to just take them "as needed" to avoid dependence but she told me she's rather I take them daily. At first I was apprehensive, but I had always used benzos in the past intermittently (like for aborting bad trips or coming down off meth) and some times even used them days in a row & never noticed any withdrawals. Or at least nothing like opiate withdrawals. But now that I've started taking them as recommended, I've noticed a withdrawal and dependence. And you are right the rebound anxiety is incredible. Some times it feels like I'm gonna have a seizure unless I get a klonopin in me quick. Wasn't expecting to end up with a benzo dependence. So I'm not sure about that place, but it's imperative to me now that they don't fuck me over cause I've never quite experienced full blown benzo withdrawal like I have opioid withdrawal. Some how I was able to avoid it for the past 20 years of using drugs. Never really thought benzos felt "fun" anyways. Some times they can be pretty dysphoric and the sedation feels more irritating and brain dumbing, nothing like opiate sedation or euphoric bliss.

Thanks man. <3 :) My mom is a warrior & I think I might be too. lol I definitely wasn't able to handle taking care of her for the past year without drugs. I lived with my mom for a long time. lol Me & my mom went through hell together in my 20's together. And it's pretty different now having her live further away. Anyway, I should quit rambling and try to wake up some more. lol Hang in there Supersonic. :) Cheers and have a great one man!

Yes, I had multiple liver enzyme tests done when trying to figure why I don't respond most drugs too much. I have multiple alleles of cyp2d6. I have had done also few tests on hospital where they simply check the amount of certain substance at certain time and my body has so far been like 3x faster than normal.

I mean public health was I guess thinking I'm selling my prescriptions, I have multiple doctor texts stating I'm too alert etc to be on such high doses of meds.

Going of the subject but I metabolize alcohol super fast but the next stage isn't so fast so I get instant hangover...

Going to have a nice new year party now! Happy new year everyone!

Have you taken codeine? I think you also more easily convert it into morphine, right?

Yours seems like a blessing hahaha. You don't notice many side effects from being an ultra metabolizer?

Are you wanting to be done with tramadol altogether Supersonic? May I ask why if you are so? ( I hope I haven't asked this already, lol my memory is a bit hazy at the moment lolol). I don't think I ever could have stopped tramadol. The only thing that stopped me even after about 12 years now is being cut off from them. lol Buprenorphine has been a major help too. It helps give me a vague semblance of my tramadol days. But I think tramadol has the power to be more euphoric than buprenorphine. Some of my FONDEST memories EVER were being high on trams back in my early 20's. Oh man, words can't describe it. lol It was like beautiful sunshine beating down on me all day. I became totally manic with music on it too, I just could NOT get enough music!!! lol trams + music use to be my ultimate get away from reality heaven. Always burning holes in shit from nodding out, that's how strong trams use to be on me back then. Then later heroin became my magical get away. And now i'm stuck with shitty buprenorphine. :( lol

I'm not sure about those nurses there. My doctor seems pretty cool. It did take me 4 years to convince her to give me a benzo for my anxiety, but I can understand my doctors fear. She works with a lot of addicts and I'm sure a lot of them do stupid shit mixing their drugs. But I've made it a point to be honest with my doctor and the only thing I've ever really peed dirty for was weed. I told her straight up that i've never had a benzo problem or anything. And one day I went in for an appt and my blood pressure was in the heart attack / stroke territory. But I was also incredibly anxious that day (I get agoraphobia and anxiety from public places) and so I told my doctor that the blood pressure meds she had me on for anxiety weren't working for my anxiety and that it was probably important for me to be on a benzo at this point. And she agreed. I asked to just take them "as needed" to avoid dependence but she told me she's rather I take them daily. At first I was apprehensive, but I had always used benzos in the past intermittently (like for aborting bad trips or coming down off meth) and some times even used them days in a row & never noticed any withdrawals. Or at least nothing like opiate withdrawals. But now that I've started taking them as recommended, I've noticed a withdrawal and dependence. And you are right the rebound anxiety is incredible. Some times it feels like I'm gonna have a seizure unless I get a klonopin in me quick. Wasn't expecting to end up with a benzo dependence. So I'm not sure about that place, but it's imperative to me now that they don't fuck me over cause I've never quite experienced full blown benzo withdrawal like I have opioid withdrawal. Some how I was able to avoid it for the past 20 years of using drugs. Never really thought benzos felt "fun" anyways. Some times they can be pretty dysphoric and the sedation feels more irritating and brain dumbing, nothing like opiate sedation or euphoric bliss.

Thanks man. <3 :) My mom is a warrior & I think I might be too. lol I definitely wasn't able to handle taking care of her for the past year without drugs. I lived with my mom for a long time. lol Me & my mom went through hell together in my 20's together. And it's pretty different now having her live further away. Anyway, I should quit rambling and try to wake up some more. lol Hang in there Supersonic. :) Cheers and have a great one man!

I decided to quit tramadol for both a psychological and an economic issue, I was spending too much money on tram and tapentadol and now I am unemployed. I was taking circa 2000 mg of tramadol and 1000 mg of tapentadol everyday. INSANE. I want to give my opioid receptors a break, but I find that my receptors ask me for sugar all day. I hate that. The depression still continues but every day I feel a little better. I was thinking of taking Venlafaxine / Effexor (structurally similar to tramadol) to improve my mood. What do you think of it?

I'm glad to know that your mother it's better, my friend. 👏

My regards @DeathIndustrial88

Have you taken codeine? I think you also more easily convert it into morphine, right?

Yours seems like a blessing hahaha. You don't notice many side effects from being an ultra metabolizer?

I decided to quit tramadol for both a psychological and an economic issue, I was spending too much money on tram and tapentadol and now I am unemployed. I was taking circa 2000 mg of tramadol and 1000 mg of tapentadol everyday. INSANE. I want to give my opioid receptors a break, but I find that my receptors ask me for sugar all day. I hate that. The depression still continues but every day I feel a little better. I was thinking of taking Venlafaxine / Effexor (structurally similar to tramadol) to improve my mood. What do you think of it?

I'm glad to know that your mother it's better, my friend. 👏

My regards @DeathIndustrial88
Codeine sure works nicely. The problem with snri/ssri tramadol trade is that from memory tramadol inhibits some 80% of sert at 400mg/day, which I think is comparable to ssris. Not sure about this.

i have no idea what it does at those dosages you have taken. Many old publications said tramadol is serotonin releasing agent. Newly studies haven't got the same results but I do remember reading some citations that very large doses can do that.

i was once prescribed 1200mg of tramadol by accident and i took it for a week before I realized it's not ok. I mean other then opioid effects were too pronounced. I was on lyrica and benzos that time too.

Codeine sure works nicely. The problem with snri/ssri tramadol trade is that from memory tramadol inhibits some 80% of sert at 400mg/day, which I think is comparable to ssris. Not sure about this.

i have no idea what it does at those dosages you have taken. Many old publications said tramadol is serotonin releasing agent. Newly studies haven't got the same results but I do remember reading some citations that very large doses can do that.

i was once prescribed 1200mg of tramadol by accident and i took it for a week before I realized it's not ok. I mean other then opioid effects were too pronounced. I was on lyrica and benzos that time too.

80% of the SERT is a lot. When I have taken large doses of SSRIs the side effects are nasty.

What you say about tramadol being an SRA makes a lot of sense, maybe that's why I was never able to took less than 500 mg a day or more.

1200 mg for a week is a lot too if you don't have much tolerance, I think benzos saved you there. At 1000-2000 mg the opioid effects are pronounced and anyone would realize that I was "on something." I remember my little brother asking me why my pupils were so small.

I had just stopped prescribed oc oxycontin from 260mg/day (started slipping and understood to stop) and got trams 1200mg/day and 360mg/day codeine to carry on.

Most people I know that like tramadol for other then pain like the stimulation it gives. Many has said here it's from opioid effects but I beg to differ. I wouldn't use any other opioid daily for pain then tramadol because it gives me some strange energy and tolerance for pain effects doesn't raise for me, which also indicates it's not only opioid effect.

I know tramadols pharmacology but for example tricyclics or snris doesn't touch my pain or mood even when taken with opioids. Pure opioids starts to cause me hyperalgesia at some point independent of dose or substance.