• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

"WARNING: If you have a formulation that includes something else than Tramadol too, like Ultram which has APAP or here in Romania Dorretta, please consider doing a cold water extraction exactly like when you do with codeine and APAP products, the solubility varies but the tramadol already does some damage and combined with APAP it is rough on the liver."

I need help from someone who have knowledge and experience.

I have tramadol 100mg extended release/ slow release( normal consume is 12h/12h ). And I have pills with 75/750 Tramadol/Paracetamol.

How bad is to take one pill extended release and then take the One with Paracetamol. Will the liver be ok with it?

Merry Xmas to everyone

@PurpleDANK9
Can CWE be done with tramadol? I thought it only worked with codeine.

Anyway, I agree with @DeathIndustrial88 I don't think there is danger in combining tramadol with apap or ibuprofen. In January 2019 I did it for several weeks and at the end I had to have some tests and my kidneys and livers came out with all their correct levels.
I took Tramadol 225 mg with naproxen 500mg script, I was ok.

I've never heard or read of tramadol causing liver damage as PurpleDank is implying.

I'm sure there could be a risk for those with already existing issues & because it requires liver enzymes to metabolize, but the main culprit to liver damage is APAP.
Taking tramadol with an NSAID is not going to hurt your liver any more than taking either 2 separately. Only taking excessive amounts of APAP will.

I took tramadol in high doses almost daily for 10+ years all blood tests and liver function came back normal.

I've never heard or read of tramadol causing liver damage as PurpleDank is implying.

I'm sure there could be a risk for those with already existing issues & because it requires liver enzymes to metabolize, but the main culprit to liver damage is APAP.
Taking tramadol with an NSAID is not going to hurt your liver any more than taking either 2 separately. Only taking excessive amounts of APAP will.

I took tramadol in high doses almost daily for 10+ years all blood tests and liver function came back normal.

I just quoted this from this megathread

WARNING: If you have a formulation that includes something else than Tramadol too, like Ultram which has APAP or here in Romania Dorretta, please consider doing a cold water extraction exactly like when you do with codeine and APAP products, the solubility varies but the tramadol already does some damage and combined with APAP it is rough on the liver.

That is why I was asking if its actually rough to the liver like he said.

Is it ok to take 20mg of Zopiclone after 5 hours of taking your last dose of Tramadol 281.25 mg, the whole day?

I have noticed that after taking Tramadol 3 times this week, that my usual dose of 281.25 doesn’t give me much of a high, just a slight one so after taking my last dose at 7:10pm I just took another 56.25 which in total brings my dose up to 337.5 for today, which I started taking at 4:15 pm today.

This shouldn’t cause a seizure correct?

Yesterday I didn’t take any, 400mg is max right before you run the risk of getting a seizure?

last time I took 337.5 mg of Tramadol I got panicky and felt like my heart was going to stop, I had to keep walking around the house to make sure my heart wasn’t going to stop, but I think it was all in my mind.

So I should be okay with this dose of 347.5 correct?

Also if I start feeling panicky or anxious can I take 1 mg of Clonazepam?

The thing is every time I take Tramadol the next day I feel weird and nervous, why is that?

That's pretty normal with opioids. The next day you felt down, anxious and irritable. With tramadol, I think, it's worse because its effects immediately on the monoanimes neurotransmitters (serotonin, noradrenalin, etc)

I just quoted this from this megathread

That is why I was asking if its actually rough to the liver like he said.

You are actually kind of right. Tramadol it's pretty rough on the kidneys and liver when you abuse in high doses. There's a study about Gaza Strip tramadol abusers, who most had some damage on his kidneys or liver.

That is why in January I want to have a full checkup, although never I have felt pain or symptoms of damage to my kidneys or liver.

Is it ok to take 20mg of Zopiclone after 5 hours of taking your last dose of Tramadol 281.25 mg, the whole day?

Yeah I think it's okay. Tramadol at these doses has no risk of respiratory depression. Also Z drugs don't know if they will have the same danger as benzos.

I have noticed that after taking Tramadol 3 times this week, that my usual dose of 281.25 doesn’t give me much of a high, just a slight one so after taking my last dose at 7:10pm I just took another 56.25 which in total brings my dose up to 337.5 for today, which I started taking at 4:15 pm today.

This shouldn’t cause a seizure correct?

Yesterday I didn’t take any, 400mg is max right before you run the risk of getting a seizure?

last time I took 337.5 mg of Tramadol I got panicky and felt like my heart was going to stop, I had to keep walking around the house to make sure my heart wasn’t going to stop, but I think it was all in my mind.

So I should be okay with this dose of 347.5 correct?

Also if I start feeling panicky or anxious can I take 1 mg of Clonazepam?

Yeah it's just tolerance my friend, If you continue at thid rate, in a couple of months you will be taking almost 1 gram. Are you in a lot of pain or just for recreational use? Perhaps you should choose another painkiller with a safer therapeutic range. Tapentadol is excellent. I never get tired of advertasing this opioid jahaha. 🤣

Regarding seizures, if you don't have a family history of epilepsy, there should be no problem. I suppose you're staggering your doses, right? Because taking 400 mg. in a single shot is much more dangerous than doing it in several shots (aka staggering doses). I think if you gradually increase the dose slowly, there should be no problem, since it's not like 400 mg either. = seizure right away. Only the odds are increasing a little bit. I, who irresponsibly took 1700 mg in a night without any benzos or anticonvulsant, possibly had 1/3 chances of having seizure but I didn't have one. Lucky or my seizure threeshold threeshold it's naturaly high.

Just a very gentle reminder my good friend: January 2021 is only a hop, skip, and a jump from here! Just thought I'd remind you... :)

Honestly, I didn't understand anything about what you wanted to tell me my friend. I guess you tried to tell me that my addiction has been going on for two years, which it's a lot, but now I've been clean for almost two weeks, my second personal best tried. I quit it because I already felt that itgive me very little euphoric effect, unless you took 2 grams and more, which is too dangerous seizure-wise.

Yeah I think it's okay. Tramadol at these doses has no risk of respiratory depression. Also Z drugs don't know if they will have the same danger as benzos.

Yeah it's just tolerance my friend, If you continue at thid rate, in a couple of months you will be taking almost 1 gram. Are you in a lot of pain or just for recreational use? Perhaps you should choose another painkiller with a safer therapeutic range. Tapentadol is excellent. I never get tired of advertasing this opioid jahaha. 🤣

Regarding seizures, if you don't have a family history of epilepsy, there should be no problem. I suppose you're staggering your doses, right? Because taking 400 mg. in a single shot is much more dangerous than doing it in several shots (aka staggering doses). I think if you gradually increase the dose slowly, there should be no problem, since it's not like 400 mg either. = seizure right away. Only the odds are increasing a little bit. I, who irresponsibly took 1700 mg in a night without any benzos or anticonvulsant, possibly had 1/3 chances of having seizure but I didn't have one. Lucky or my seizure threeshold threeshold it's naturaly high.
+1 for choosing a different painkiller. I've been given tramadol in the past for really severe pain and found it to be completely useless. YMMV applies though.

Thank you my friend, I never heard if tapentadol, yes it’s for pain, but I also like the mellowing affect, I usually only use it on the weekend when I don’t have to work, and bear the pain, but being this was a holiday weekend I had a couple more days off.
Yes I stagger my dosages a few hours apart.

That's pretty normal with opioids. The next day you felt down, anxious and irritable. With tramadol, I think, it's worse because its effects immediately on the monoanimes neurotransmitters (serotonin, noradrenalin, etc)

You are actually kind of right. Tramadol it's pretty rough on the kidneys and liver when you abuse in high doses. There's a study about Gaza Strip tramadol abusers, who most had some damage on his kidneys or liver.

That is why in January I want to have a full checkup, although never I have felt pain or symptoms of damage to my kidneys or liver.

Interesting read. .

Apparently liver failure could happen after an acute overdose of tramadol, but this site says generally normal therapeutic doses aren't very harmful to the liver.

This was last updated in April 2020.

"In some situations, acute liver failure after tramadol overdose may be related to acetaminophen taken separately or in combination with tramadol. Clinically apparent idiosyncratic liver injury with recommended doses of tramadol has not been reported."

"The minor enzyme elevations that occur with tramadol use are usually mild, asymptomatic and self-limited, resolving even with continuation of therapy. Cases of acute liver failure due to tramadol overdose require intensive medical management and can be fatal. In acute overdoses, there may be interaction with other agents capable of causing liver injury (particularly acetaminophen)."

It sounds like a lot of people who may have had liver issues after using tramadol may have been using incredibly high doses and taking drugs that interacted with the liver as well.

I swear I read awhile back ago too that tramadol was a recommended opioid for people with renal failure or kidney problems, since it is not metabolized in the kidneys. I could be wrong however though, it's been a long time.

I will have to do some more digging on this topic. As for my anecdotal report, I survived 400-600mg doses for quite a long time, without any damage that i'm aware of. I do recall some times looking like my eyes were jaundice after taking a hefty dose of tramadol. So I would not be surprised honestly if it did have some impact on the liver, but probably nothing compared to some one who drinks every day. Which I also use to do a lot of.

I use to take high dose tramadol, smoke lots of meth, do dirty street heroin, drink vodka and drink dxm. I'm surprised my organs still function at all. ;)

Interesting read. .

Apparently liver failure could happen after an acute overdose of tramadol, but this site says generally normal therapeutic doses aren't very harmful to the liver.

This was last updated in April 2020.

"In some situations, acute liver failure after tramadol overdose may be related to acetaminophen taken separately or in combination with tramadol. Clinically apparent idiosyncratic liver injury with recommended doses of tramadol has not been reported."

"The minor enzyme elevations that occur with tramadol use are usually mild, asymptomatic and self-limited, resolving even with continuation of therapy. Cases of acute liver failure due to tramadol overdose require intensive medical management and can be fatal. In acute overdoses, there may be interaction with other agents capable of causing liver injury (particularly acetaminophen)."

It sounds like a lot of people who may have had liver issues after using tramadol may have been using incredibly high doses and taking drugs that interacted with the liver as well.

I swear I read awhile back ago too that tramadol was a recommended opioid for people with renal failure or kidney problems, since it is not metabolized in the kidneys. I could be wrong however though, it's been a long time.

I will have to do some more digging on this topic. As for my anecdotal report, I survived 400-600mg doses for quite a long time, without any damage that i'm aware of. I do recall some times looking like my eyes were jaundice after taking a hefty dose of tramadol. So I would not be surprised honestly if it did have some impact on the liver, but probably nothing compared to some one who drinks every day. Which I also use to do a lot of.

I use to take high dose tramadol, smoke lots of meth, do dirty street heroin, drink vodka and drink dxm. I'm surprised my organs still function at all. ;)

Yeah my friend, I'm sure I read the same thing somewhere, that tramadol was recommended for people with kidney problems.

I have "survived" 1000-2000 mg. everyday since April and even I have not noticed any side effects but in January I would like to have a full check-up to be sure.

Thank you my friend, I never heard if tapentadol, yes it’s for pain, but I also like the mellowing affect, I usually only use it on the weekend when I don’t have to work, and bear the pain, but being this was a holiday weekend I had a couple more days off.
Yes I stagger my dosages a few hours apart.

My friend John, what "worries" me is that you are taking almost the limit dose of tramadol (400 mg / 24 hrs.) And when you reach that point, you should evaluate if you want to continue increasing the dose, with the risks involved, or switch to another painkiller. Tapentadol is an excellent painkiller, it has the same analgesic power as oxycodone but a lower rate of abuse.

My friend John, what "worries" me is that you are taking almost the limit dose of tramadol (400 mg / 24 hrs.) And when you reach that point, you should evaluate if you want to continue increasing the dose, with the risks involved, or switch to another painkiller. Tapentadol is an excellent painkiller, it has the same analgesic power as oxycodone but a lower rate of abuse.
Thank you for your concern my friend I don’t want to get addicted so I’m going to stop,

Does anyone on here know if Zopiclone or Etizolam will show up on 10 panel drug screen, can they differentiate them from ambien and klonopin?