• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Truth About E

good story. the thing most people negatively replying to this message may not realize is that pleasure and pain run along a continuum--there is a fine line between the two. yeah, we use e to enhance our existence and some may use it to escape, believe it or not the two are not far apart. individuals need to continually reflect on their actions and the reasons for their actions, so you don't lose touch with who you are or who you want to become.
i hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but it will. i'd like to talk to some of you who replied negatively to this in six months or a year. you may think a little differently then.

i'd like to talk to some of you who replied negatively to this in six months or a year.
What you guys are failing to realize here is that a LOT of us hardly ever roll anymore and some none at all . You ARE talking to quite a lot of people who are beyond your "six months or a year" timeframe. And these folks already know the in's and out's of the stuff BLAC is preaching. We don't need custie preachers who think they know shit, we need experienced teachers who do. This is why I asked BLAC to stick around and get to know BL before he starts a spittin' diatribe.

Stasis, u misunderstood my 'six months to a year' point. it's not about a certain timeframe. i'm not talking about newbies. i'm aiming towards naive individuals who say, 'that can't happen to me'. my point was that these things can happen no matter how long one has been in the scene or using drugs, no matter how strong willed u believe u are.
if u can't relate on some level to this story either personally or through someone u know, then u are very fortunate. i can think of a few friends that have taken similar paths over the years. most found themselves again, but some still haven't.
simply, my main point was this, things that give one pleasure can also bring one pain. it's a basic philosophic concept. and it's easily related to this story.

DEAR STASIS
Gee, you must be a detective... ha ha ha
Melbourne is such a small country town,
yeah, just a few hicks and a dog live
down here.....Actually I know all the
THREE MILLION PLUS people that live here...
Yes I was in denial, yes I had a problem,
yes I was addicted, yes it was my religion.... blah blah blah
(I'm stating OBVIOUS shit here!).....
You don't have to read my story & you
certainly don't have to waste your time
by replying! It is there for whoever wants to read it and they can make of it what they want. And to the people who think I have something to gain (!) by posting my tragic story...... (which some of you think is total bullshit! - what a joke!!!)
YEAH, I've made a million dollars from posting my fucking story to bluelight.... Yep, I'm rolling in it now!
REALITY is a difficult thing obviously....
Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.
Good bye

Redcat, I don't really have anything useful to contribute to the debate, but I just thought I'd say that I really enjoyed reading your post.
Don't let all the negative responses get at you, I've come to realize a thing or two about Bluelight in the last year or so. Somebody will always have something negative to say, and you know what - ignore it. It's only a message board, ignore the negative comments, it's just people trying to be superior.
Anyway, thanks for a VERY enjoyable post, hope life treats you well, e-mail me sometime...
hugs
------------------
If I survive this - I'm writing a book

Well damn, you guys need to have a meetup then!! You're obviously perfect for each other. You can sit around and trade stories about how "Ecstasy had taken over" your lives. Maybe you two living in Melbourne and signing up at BL only a few weeks apart is a sign! You were just meant to find each other! Don't let this opportunity pass you by... it's just too perfect!
LOL
wink.gif

"Drugs aren't bad. Kids are!" - Eminem
No really I think there are deeper issues. There's more to it than just enjoying the way E makes you feel. I don't think that drugs are necesarily a problem until they take over and consume your life. Perhaps it is due to the fact that it takes care of some very basic human needs. Not wants, but needs. Just what is this fool babbling about?
We all need certainty. We all need a base level of certainty just to function. Like if you were'nt certain the roof over your head wasn't going to cave in on you, you won't be paying any attention to this post. Doing E gives you certainty. You're certain by taking this you'll feel a certain way, because you've done it before and have references for it. However God does have a sense of humor and gave us a second need. A need for UNcertanty, called variety. You couldn't imagine eating your favorite food everyday for every meal could you? And drugs give you variety because every party is different, you meet different people, you have a different "trip". Another need we have is a need to feel significant, to feel that we are unique in some way. Maybe at parties you dress uniquely, dance uniquely, there are countless ways to be unique. But of course we have another need. A need to feel connected and loved. We all want to be liked by others, which makes the previous need a paradox. Fun huh? Raving gives you a sense of that because you feel connected to others. Whether it is though the common passion for the music, the thrill that dancing all night long gives you, or by the drugs you take, you feel connected to others, and they to you. Sound ridiculous? I'm not sure about other people's experiences, but usually when I meet people at a party, the question order usually goes like this: Hi~ Whats your name? Where ya from? Are you rolling tonite? If yes, what did you drop? Feeling of having something in common, also known as repoire. I've gone to parties where I went sober and talked to people that were rolling. When I told them I wasn't rolling that night, they either encouraged me to or were like "Oh, that's kool" and went about their business. No feeling of commonality, no bond. Of course this is all my opinion and you could think I'm full of shit. It's your opinion. =) As a raver (raving sober now for 3 months), I'm not hatin' I love raving and loved the way E made me feel. As many many more wiser people before me have said, "The answers you want come from within, not from the outside" or something like that, forgive me I'm paraphasing. Drugs never fix problems, they only offer a escape from reality, which we all could use sometimes, but when it invades and destroys your funtional world, then evil and uglyness prevails.

Ahem.. Redcat:
What I think some of us are trying to get at in a roundabout way is that, here you come, with such a profound post regarding a broad and relevant issue that addresses everyones worst fears very specifically, when nobody on this board recognizes you as a reliable source. Trust is earned and if I may be so bold, I shall explain...
You must understand that this is a community, and like all communities, a certain process takes place in which a writer/person evolves by taking an active role in the forums by make oneself known as someone who can contribute to the board both formally and informally. This process allows for people to get a chance to know you, your intentions and your willingness to commit yourself to the community. And, while I concede that this post was well written, creative and articulate, you chose to forego these steps and show yourself as an 'Unregistered User.' (This title is as good as saying, "I'm out to make a statement, nothing more") This was your first mistake. If this is your grand entrance into this community, then I respect that. However, if you fail to post any longer, or show the same writing skills posessed in your original post, I have no choice but to believe this is not only plagiarism, but a personal agenda in order to glean replys corresponding to your beliefs. If you're simply trying to make a statement in this case, then I would ask that this post be deleted as anti-drug propoganda. That would be an insult to those who spend extrordinary time and effort everyday to further this community.
You have a choice, and it's not unfair that people expect this.. You can prove yourself to be an active member of Bluelight, thus backing up your original points and statements by further helping others with your experiences and making yourself known; or you can prove that you have only a personal agenda by failing to further show the obvious skill and effort it took to create this post.
I, myself am taking a personal risk writing this, considering that I have only been a member for a mere two months. I sincerely hope that my consciousness proves to you that there are unspoken social implications to making heavy statements on a well established community such as this one.
From one writer to (hopefully) another, I honestly hope that was your original work. If so, I look forward to reading your experiences and insights in other matters, as this board involves many interesting topics, of not just drugs, but also the scene in which, I assume you love as much as the rest of us. Please don't look at this as so much of a challenge than a request for more of your exceptional work. And please excuse my skepticism.
Respectfully,
Kyk.
[This message has been edited by Kyk (edited 09 November 2000).]

Kyk, brilliantly stated. I'm glad someone else can see the big picture here.
In other words, crediblity doesn't come in the form of, "I promise I am a qualified chemist!" but instead through our getting to know what kind of person you are by evaluating the quality of your posts over time.
You totally cancel out your good points by the inclusion of ridiculous ones. And long-winded posts never help your case either. There's a lot to be said for someone who can get their point across in as few words as possible (and without having to have an exclamation point at the end of every sentence). How valid is a point if it must be shouted? Is it being led by rationality or pure emotion?

Dear onE
Your post was excellent. I suggest everybody read it and take note. The cold hard facts are all there. You are obviously speaking from experience, just like me.
Stasis, I will not even bother to comment about your posts in future. I sent a sarcastic bitchy one to you, because that is all you can understand, and that is what you deserve. I hope your dreams come true.
My story is not anti-drug propaganda. That is just ridiculous. I have not said I will never take a pill again. I actually had one two weeks ago and I feel fine. I have not suggested that everybody should just be straight and sober. How boring. All I have done is written about my own experience.
This is my personal journey and like I have said before, it's there for others to make of it what they want. it's just about what happened in 1999 and shows how a strong person like myself can become weak and lose faith in themselves. It was sent to this site for obvious reasons. Other people
can hopefully relate, and I have received quite a few emails telling me how much my story sounds like theirs, and how it has helped them. This gives me great satisfaction because I feel that something good has eventuated from something that became quite ugly.
E became a habit, and most habits are hard to break, especially if they are so enjoyable. The mistake I made was continuing with the drug when it was no longer enjoyable. I am sure others can relate to this. I have learnt so much from what happened, and I don't regret anything.
I am a lot wiser and stronger and know that nobody is immortal.
Is is quite bizzare that some think my story is taken from Readers Digest or not my story at all! I wrote this myself. It is about me, nobody else.
You were not all there to witness my decline and did not see me pick up the pieces of my life again, after wanting to die & punish myself for so long. You do not understand the guilt I felt after losing control. After losing my house. Losing my self respect. Losing my mind.
You all don't know how disgusted I felt, being such a strong and tough person and then becoming so pathetic.
I watched it all happen. I let it happen because I did not care, but it will never happen again. I hope none of you have to go through this and this is why I posted my story, so make of it what you want.

Very very very well written.
Thanks for sharing that.
I'm sorry you went through all that but now you are stronger.
I definetely see why you would want to share your story.
Most people can't moderate using drugs, see if you are lost..you are lost...drugs just help it. You always were lost.
It sucks that we have to learn things the harder way..but they make so much more sense than ya know? A lot of people will not like your post mainly because we don't know you..you aren't even registered, but it's a good reminder..I mean if I ever start seeing me or any of my friends doing what you were..I'll make sure to pay attention and see that they don't go completely down.
Anyway
If you and Josh are still together it sounds like a bond that would never break.

thanks heaps sweetpea
yes Josh and I are still together and have been through thick & thin...literally..
PHEW!
By the way, I AM registered!
keep smiling

Stasis...such a wise old soul..
First of all I can tell by your methodology that you are an underhanded person who resorts to attempts at discrediting the people who present you with information rather than the information itself.
Who cares if I know Redcat or if I am JOSH..etc Maybe I am maybe I am not does that mean I cant post my opinions on here about Redcats post.
You have not yet produced one piece of information to prove an alternative point of view.
Your smart assed puns about us getting together on some disinformation campaign, & continual crap about our motivations for posting, display what appears to be the advanced stages of paranoia.
What’s your motivation for been here?..
So far I conclude the following.
1/ Discredit people who don’t follow your gospel on E
2/Gain a false sense importance through the feed back of people on a web board.
3/ Attain GURU statuses among users of E here
Evidenced by some clever posting " You should listen to STASIS his a smart dude"
I am sorry I didn’t realize people where not allowed to post ideas opinions or experiences on Bluelight without been here long enough to earn your stamp of approval.
Where’s your open-minded expectance of all people & who they are & what they have to offer when you don’t have a pill running through your veins? You haven’t taken one in while? Oh well where is the signs of the lasting Spiritual Awareness it brought into your life?
What could I or Redcat for that matter possible have to gain by spending our precious time posting what we have?.
Oh I am sorry man we are federally funded anti-drug campaigners paid to sit & spam this board with drugs are evil slogans..
Even though any RAVER can read Redacats post & know this has been written by somebody who has known the GLORY of E & the RAVE culture.
Someone said this story is out of READERS DIGEST..Dont just accuse like that go & get the FUCKING ARTICLE scan it & send it here for us all to read..Otherwise shut your FUCKING MOUTH.
Stasis you dropped some crap about "There is something to be said about short post", well I take this a smart arse reference to length of my post. The reason my post are long is because I try to include all the information required to understand my point..
In my post E Bullshit & Myths I tired to address the following issues.
1/ A false perception about the origin & quality of pills sold as E
2/ Shed some light on the real dark & ugly side of the E trade
3/ The now widley believed misconception that MDA is a soft drug.
4/ That people can & do suffer permant Psycological & physical injury or even death from its use or missuse.
Not to say.
1/ Drugs are bad
2/ There is H in E
Instead people like STASIS focused on my scenario of an uneducated BACK YARD chemist throwing some H into a pill press, & used this to try & discredit my whole argument without even once addressing any of the other information. & providing informed to data to counter it.
I would also argue that somebody who makes a small post does so because they have no information to back up what they say. Every time somebody questioned my post or my knowledge did I launch into a dialog about "Whats my your reason for being here?" no I went & found more information to explain what was in my post.
STASIS your self perceived level of importance & intellectual capacity does not intimidate me. I do care who you are who you think you are...I can tell by your weak attempts at discrediting Redcat & myself you have no useful or factual information to contribute to a open discussion on the pressing issues of E use & abuse.
In fact you seem to just want us to go away so you can get back to having your ego stroked by your online worshippers..
You dickhead do you think somebody who post what I have or REDCAT has does so because we want something? Do you think I thought everybody would read my post & say hey BLAC thanks man I believe everything you wrote.
Do you think I expected to go unquestioned?
No infact I expected to be forced to provide people with information about why I say what I do. & I am happy to do so. But I did not to expect to protect my integrity or motivation for doing it with ass wipe like you..
Anybody with half a brain can see why we have done this ..We have both been through the fire with drugs & we are trying to reach those who may be about to make the same journey. If the shit I went through helps somebody else not to go there to then I am happy! If this makes me an asshole then I am asshole! I believe that REDCAT feels the same!
If you don’t like the information contained in mine or Redcats post. Just don’t read them why spend all your time trying to look more intelligent & informed whilst actually showing yourself for the LIMITED person you are.
I am just lending my support to REDCAT, my advice to REDCAT is to have this post removed from BLUELIGHT. It is obvious that only a few have recognized your GENEROSITY in putting it here..After what you have been through you deserve to make some money of it.So go & sell it & make people have to pay for it.
Its obviously to much for single brain celled mutants to digest.

Very well written account.
This is my take on it though, you like many others took ecstasy to extremes and abused it. I have been taking e for three years now and you have to make sure that it never comes first. Music, Friends & Family etc all come before it.

This post should be titled "The truth on how I lost touch with reality". If you let E take over your life, I really have no sympathy for ya. It's all connotation....if I wrote a story about getting hooked on chocolate milk and forgetting everything else in life, you'd think I'm a pudknocker!! This site should be about positive experiences..... and stories from people who aren't smart and go bananas bring me down. I have a cousin that gets into a new activity and drives it into the ground until everybody's plain sick of it!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for absorbing info and emotions from all sides to make me a better rounded person, but when you don't use your brain......keep it to youself. Sorry, I'm a bit angered, but I'll get over it.......................OK I'm over it.
------------------
I roll so hard, people in Germany puke!!!!

You done?
It is obvious that only a few have recognized your GENEROSITY in putting it here..After what you have been through you deserve to make some money of it. So go & sell it & make people have to pay for it.
WTF? Bluelight itself is chock-fucking-FULL of stories like Redcat's, some of them developing as we speak. If you'll shut your trap long enough to read some of the posts in all the different forums you'll see that. But does Bluelight charge YOU? Hell no.
I can sit here and write out the story of how I babysat a good friend all night because she had a reaction to E due to a hypersensitive liver. I could then proceed to tell everyone how dangerous E can be and warn everyone of how it's a "hard drug!". But what good would that do? People are going to fall in love with this drug anyway. And a lot of them are going to find Bluelight. So if you want to help out, stick around and get to know some of the people here... find out WHO is going through what you went through and help them directly. Give advice when you see them reaching out... but please don't come here and preach. You'll just be wasting your time and ours, because in a week this thread will be gone and some new person is going to enter New To XTC and have a question that you could possibly answer. But where will you be? In here trying to figure out how you can make money on your "story".
I don't believe we need another Reefer Madness.
Want to talk about "GENEROSITY"? Look at some of the people who put in COUNTLESS hours moderating, administrating, and helping people CONTINUOUSLY on this site. What do they ask from you?
If you really want to get to know us and see what some of us are about, start here: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum18/HTML/004054.html http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum18/HTML/004308.html http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum18/HTML/004003.html http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum18/HTML/002132.html http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum18/HTML/002246.html
The sooner you realize that we're not your enemies here the closer you'll be to becoming a Bluelighter (if of course, that's what you want).
smile.gif

Blac, thanks for all yur support.
I know you feel as passionate about this
topic as I do, but I believe you are
wasting your time replying to some people
on this board who are really confused
about life and very angry about something.
I am happy with my life as it is right
now. I really like myself & have
learned to enjoy natural highs.
How many others can say the same?
I couldn't care less what anyone thought
about me, my past or anything.
Nobody can judge me or make me feel bad
with their words. Only I have the power to make myself feel bad.
Don't let dickheads get you down.

Stasis you clossed over all the points I raised in wonderful fashion..
I am well aware that many people have posted there experiences on this board..I have done this also.
My point is that this is obviously a STORY that could easily be a book. It is not some post just typed here it has obviously had a great deal of thought care & consideration put into it.
The fact that it has been but here for free for people to read is generosity just like everybody elses generosity in posting similar stories.
The fact that you & other people work to discredit it even in face of as you put it.
"100s of stories like this one"
Shows even more ingnorance in my books.
I am not actually angry at people I am angry at what peope are stooping to try & make this story sound like shit.
Why do people keep posting shit about "Losing Control" she admits in the story she lost control..Everybody knows how seductive this drug can be..Only people who are afraid that they may go down this path also would react in this way! If you are so secure in your abillity to control your intake of this drug there is no need to go around posting shit about someone who did, to make E look like a safe drug.
What you dont think there is people who use H "recreationally", & work as Doctors Lawyers etc while using..Does this mean H is okay or safe of that you cant fuck up on it.
Really get a fucking grip on reality!
To confess ones weakness to themseleves is brave ..To put it here for the world to see is brave & noble thing to do..
To shit on somebody who has done this is the lowest of lows, thats why I spit on those who do!
I dont want to be a Bluelighter if its all about been popular everytime I send a post, or it involves kissing someones ass to be accepted..I am opionated & stubborn & you must provide a good case supported by some information before I wil concede that you know better than I do. So far all people have done is try to make me & also REDCAT look like liers without providing any information to support this.
How can you sit there & say after all your post trying to discredit REDCAT & I on a personal level that you are not agianst us.
I came here believing we could share honest & open information about this topic but instead I have gone away feeling like shit & that I wasted my time trying to pass on my experiences good & bad so that others may learn & I may too.
Its all been lost having to defend myself form personal attacks. Thats why I have taken up REDCATS cause because I can relate!