• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

ipad pro snooker 2012. check out the highest break:

snooker02.jpg

alasdair

I dont even watch Sportscenter anymore, too much bullshit anymore. Fox Sports Live would be a lot better if Andy Roddick wasnt such a fuck though

my only sports news comes from jay mohr sports(fox sports radio, 12-3EST, in selected markets,i podcast it because it's literally SNL meets sport's radio), the-mainboard.com, golden gopher forums and stl ram's blogs....cbs sports if i just want to check standings or stats

fucking yahoo has collapsed so hard and fast and something that's almost as tragic as what happened to ESPN programming (bring back cheap seats!)

i don't watch games unless they're my teams or i suddenly start gambling again, which is highly unlikely after the '12 jets @ rams travesty

also

should i start posting here again? at least for the NCAA/NFL seasons

i'm done with all of the other non-harm reduction forums for good, but i'm willing to post as regular as mike-o-mike in S&G and will try not to be a complete homer and at least fake interest in trendy league affairs

i still refuse to talk shit like some people in here, we should be supporting each others favorite teams, unless they happen to be bitter division rivals i.e ali/gm and dwe/entheo...i can't believe we don't have any cowboy, giants or jets fans in this bitch, probably the 3 largest markets

i'm even willing to root for the eagles and steelers, two teams i probably dislike more than any teams in sports - but i got love for shim and axl
most of it has to do with the way eagle's got better and how steelers are about to hand the torch of pittsburgh sports over to the pirates - probably for a significant amount of time
with rooney running on the last pieces of steel in the burgh and an aging defense, QB, OLine and a coach who seems to be 'losing' his team and a CLE and CIN team on the rise, + baltimore refusing to ever 'suck', i'm predicting at least 3 more consecutive seasons with a steelerless playoffs - which permits me to root for them

i've already accepted no matter how well ram's do nobody here will even fake being happy for me, giving credit where it's due, will cry fluke, etc etc
which is pretty lame - how can anybody that's not a 9ers or seahawks fan not root for stl or AZ to win the west ? and how can't anybody see that the ram's are on top of the list of up and coming franchises - year 3 of fisher;s tenure is something that can't over looked - coaches who take over shitty rosters need, at minimum, 3 years to turn franchise around to a championship caliber club

sure they don't have many skill position 'stars' on their roster, and have maybe 4 players worth having on your fantasy team, but they've got what it takes in the trenches to win championships - name me 5 teams that have a DL and OL as STL - are there teams with better OLs yes, probably up to 10...is there a team with a better DL? anyone who's hip to NFL will say probably not, but NYJ, CAR, CIN and TB are looking good

teams have won superbowls with QBs worse than sam bradford, weaker group of pass catchers, and far worse running games
excellent coaching staff, top 5 defenses, clutch play makers, team cohesiveness, guys still in their rookie contract on top of the depth chart and a little bit of luck are what SB teams generally have

and one last thing, fuck the patriots, sorry ali you're cool, but they're schtick of having winning seasons is growing old, but gotta admit, every year i start to love coach belecheck(i spelled it wrong on purpose) a little more, i love eccentric coaches - it's not a coincidence that the all time greats are weird ass mother fuckers

<3
CR

dude do you get mdma injections daily or something

its just sports talk, it is inherently volatile much like the subject itself

grab a twix or something

Manchester United vs Real Madrid playing in Michigan today at the Big House

Over 109,000 people will be in attendance. The match sold out in less than 24 hours and will be the highest attendance for any soccer game in US history