• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The official tear each other's throats out thread (Unofficial Aus. Soc. sucks thread)

Mean Girl said:
If you're unhappy with a moderators work, either inside their respective forum/s or not, the best way to approach it is to bite the bullet and send them a PM detailing why you think they're fuelling the "fight" and how it would benefit if they didn't. Since part of the moderator requirements is to behave themselves and set an example, they can put it into practise for others to learn from :)

exactly...id love to hear ideas on how to better this place. its fine for people to sit here and complain about how its not good anymore and how we need to fix it...but putting ideas across on how to do it would be better.

As to what I'm doing well there's a few quality people here so that's why I kinda stick around. Not too sure how much longer I'll be doing that...

*nods* me to...i think ive just reached a point now where im kinda over it...

apparentley starfalls told me that i was very "contraversial" online, but no im not thinking so very much....

omg kryal 8o did i???? wow was i on drugs then??? cause i
24.gif
you to bits! the the nicest girl ive met in a while :) see your pm...

as for me...im not going to say anymore on this subject.

*exits thread*

Last edited:
Originally posted by nezo
you guys are pissing against the wind if u think u can change bluelight to the way it used to be.

Aus social is defined by the people who post, not what they post. You can try to mod it to what you want it to be but you're just wasting time. Anything you do will be short lived. At the end of the day , different people = different aus social culture. Deal with it or move on.
That's exactly how the cycle works. These arguments tend not to change the culture directly, but in actual fact often make a bunch of people say "ah fuckit" and give up. And usually the ones that give up are the ones that have recently gotten to know a bunch of people off bluelight, and have other ways to communicate with their new friends other than simply posting. And the absence of the dominant clique gives a voice to others, who then indirectly change the culture. :)

Although it doesn't always happen with a thread like this (that's largely a joke since it's happened so often). ;)

**Raz loses the struggle not to bite back**
sonicnature said:
I can see what you are trying to say here, but I dont think it is completely correct. A moderator CHOOSES to be a moderator, therefore should be prepared for any bullshit that comes with it. Its like being a cop, tram inspector or parking fine wank.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here, I'm just fuckign sick of people whinging about the way mods are treated on this board. If you cant handle the shit that comes with being a mod, get out of the kitchen.
I call bullshit.

When I became a bluelight moderator, I didn't do it because I wanted to be popular (it really doesn't get you that much sex, y'know...), I did it because I wanted to take an active role in helping to shape and nurture the community that had been very very good to me when I needed it to be. I knew that part of that meant there would be times I'd need to shut people down, and I was cool with that...still am. I know that some people would rather lose their temper when we act against something they've done rather than approach us like adults to deal with it. That doesn't bother me remotely. I know that a lot of people appreciate the work we do, and I don't expect for a second for people to fall over themselves worshipping us. For one thing, that would be kind of creepy, for another we really only contribute as much as everyone else can do, we just do it in different ways.

What I take exception to is this idea that we're supposed to just accept that people don't need to treat us with any respect at all. I don't agree that having someone hijack a thread for the sole purpose of slagging off a mod is just 'something we have to put up with'. I don't think we deserve any kind of special treatment, that's just stupid, but I do think we're entitled to the same basic respect that anybody else is entitled to. I get that we'll piss people off sometimes, that's an unavoidable part of our job--but that doesn't mean you get to slag us off for the rest of your bluelight life.

And in closing, I really REALLY could go the rest of my life without being compared to a tram inspector again, eh... :(:(:(

Raz said:
I get that we'll piss people off sometimes, that's an unavoidable part of our job--but that doesn't mean you get to slag us off for the rest of your bluelight life.

or send PMs that say:

[exert from one of my most recent PMs]
Just wanted to let you know that Stalinist modding like that might make you feel like an important person, but it really only serves to ruin the light hearted atmosphere of some of the funner elements of BL.

It's your world boss, so by all means carry on excercising your authority and pissin on everyone's parade.

:( (this was in relation to the fact i said a post about coffee was off-topic for DC!)

KemicalBurn said:
I have to agree very much with BBGrantos regarding Anna...

I just think its sad that it took me a while to figure out that she is an exceptional mod, and doesnt let her personal feelings get in the way of her doing her job.

Nothing against you dude, but this statement is actually very incorrect. It actually made me laugh out loud! Though you have every right to your opinion but i strongly disagree with it. I agree with most things you say .... but definately not this statement. But i dont think ill bother going into my reasons why... i am quite sure i really don't need to.

My god there's a lot of threads bitching about "how aus social has gone downhill" in the archive!

this was my fave though.

Although the one above with Pleo's immortal (and apt) description of the Bluelight cycle is pretty good too.

man psychik have a look at the shit people are complaining about; name dropping threads and photo whoring feature heavily in the list. what are 90% of your posts here? photos of yourself pouting and posts flirting with endlesseulogy.
anna is a fair mod but i wouldnt blame her if she wasnt with a lot of the shit in here.

I actually don't mind the photo threads...it gives me a chance to actually see some of the people i've met in the past but don't see often or at all anymore. What annoys me is when people post almost identical photos of themselves in the same pose either smiling, attemping sultry looks, etc. A couple of pics are nice, but when they're posted every day, it's hard not to assume that said people are somehow trying to validate themselves based on people's reactions to their posts... to me that hints of desparation. Looking hot doesn't guarantee you all-round popularity on bluelight (to me, that's what they're after), it's a contribution to bluelight as a whole, by the way of well-thought out posts, interesting insights and some funny shit thown in. If you're hot, then that's the icing on the proverbial (virtual) cake. If they don't find that balance, then they come across as slightly vapid (in a hot way ;)) I think that they take the 'most recent' part of the thread title literally... the namedropping threads, well, i don't read it that often, so it doesn't really affect me...but when people start online conversations such as:

member 1: Oh man, what a cracker meetup, where were you [insert member's name]
member 2: Man, i was so fucked up, i forgot to get credit for my phone so left it at home!
Member 1: REally?\
Member 2: Yeah, it sucked
Member 1: Oh you should have found a way to call!
Member 2: yeah, i know.

... and so on...

It becomes really annoying. The general populace of bluelight could give 2 flying fucks about the ins and outs of your night. All we want to read is: a) the people/person you met and b) what they were like. It's shit like the above that should be taken to PM's.

As for online confrontation/arguments... i love it... IF it's relevant to the subject, and doesn't degenerate into purely personal attacks and general mud-slinging. Take that shit to PM too.

PS: I've said it once (to the chargrin of certain members) and i'll say it again...anna!, Bang-up job sista. :):) That goes to ALL the aus-social mods. You guys put up with alot of shit. I don't envy your position at all...(well, i'd love access to midget port central...but... ;))

joannie_mhm said:
man psychik have a look at the shit people are complaining about; name dropping threads and photo whoring feature heavily in the list. what are 90% of your posts here? photos of yourself pouting and posts flirting with endlesseulogy.

Speak for yourself.

^^ KemicalBurn... i love pushing your buttons... Fancy meeting up for a j and going for a drive?

;)

Kemical, dont get defensive... i am aloud to disagree.

And i dont wish to have a full blown discussion about this. I dont think i need to.

samadhi said:
I actually don't mind the photo threads...it gives me a chance to actually see some of the people i've met in the past but don't see often or at all anymore. What annoys me is when people post almost identical photos of themselves in the same pose either smiling, attemping sultry looks, etc. A couple of pics are nice, but when they're posted every day, it's hard not to assume that said people are somehow trying to validate themselves based on people's reactions to their posts... to me that hints of desparation. Looking hot doesn't guarantee you all-round popularity on bluelight (to me, that's what they're after), it's a contribution to bluelight as a whole, by the way of well-thought out posts, interesting insights and some funny shit thown in. If you're hot, then that's the icing on the proverbial (virtual) cake. If they don't find that balance, then they come across as slightly vapid (in a hot way ;)) I think that they take the 'most recent' part of the thread title literally... the namedropping threads, well, i don't read it that often, so it doesn't really affect me...but when people start online conversations such as:

member 1: Oh man, what a cracker meetup, where were you [insert member's name]
member 2: Man, i was so fucked up, i forgot to get credit for my phone so left it at home!
Member 1: REally?\
Member 2: Yeah, it sucked
Member 1: Oh you should have found a way to call!
Member 2: yeah, i know.

... and so on...

It becomes really annoying. The general populace of bluelight could give 2 flying fucks about the ins and outs of your night. All we want to read is: a) the people/person you met and b) what they were like. It's shit like the above that should be taken to PM's.

As for online confrontation/arguments... i love it... IF it's relevant to the subject, and doesn't degenerate into purely personal attacks and general mud-slinging. Take that shit to PM too.

PS: I've said it once (to the chargrin of certain members) and i'll say it again...anna!, Bang-up job sista. :):) That goes to ALL the aus-social mods. You guys put up with alot of shit. I don't envy your position at all...(well, i'd love access to midget port central...but... ;))

I couldn't agree with this more.
Well said samadhi! :D

-PSychiK- said:
Speak for yourself.

dude i'm not the one complaining about modding here. come back when you've made some sort of constructive contribution to the place.

Everyone knows what you think of anna. So unless you enjoy stiring up shit (which I'll admit is kinda fun ;)), you don't really need to mention it ever again.

-PSychiK- said:
Kemical, dont get defensive... i am aloud to disagree.

And i dont wish to have a full blown discussion about this. I dont think i need to.

I never said you had to agree with me, i just thought you'd like to explain why my opinion was "incorrect", and now i find it ironic that you are hiding behind the same line that you denied others.

8) Geeeeezzzeee! I am not hiding i just personally can't be fucked.

What's the point in having a big discussion with you all anyways over this? What will i gain? Nothing. So i wish to not bother. Besides, I have expressed my reasons on other occasions.... so just because im not going into detail now does not mean i haven't expressed it before. As pleo said, everyone knows what i think of her....so what more do you want?

I think you are incorrect because she actually does indeed let her personal issues come inbetween her moderating. I cant be fucked cutting and pasting exact occasions to be honest, or going into detail. Why? because i dont have to.