• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

strange how Pregabalin affects people differently. I can take grams of the stuff and feel essentially nothing, although I'm going to try and potentiate it with some Xanax now. I wouldn't combine it with Opiates personally

Is Phenibut essentially a more 'natural' version of Pregabalin?
Natural is not the right word. Both of them are synthetic substances. IMO pregabalin is easier on the body and stronger. If you don't feel anything with grams of pregabalin I doubt you will get much out of phenibut. It is a very subtle drug, it works more as a mood enhancer than giving you a proper high. In any case drugs effects variability among different individuals can be huge.

Is it possible to experience withdrawal from Pregabalin and after taking a gram a day for 19 days ?. I got my first script 2 weeks ago , I got 120 75mg pills . I’ve never taken it before, I’ve tried gabapentin many times but never felt even the slightest anything from them even in heroic doses . I ask not cuz I’m going thru terrible withdrawals but I started waking up in a sweat the first day of not taking any and also the following two days . Also my sleep has bin disturbed since stopping .
as some of you may know I am roughly 9 weeks post my last 100mg sublocade injection and I’m trying to figure out if maybe the bupe is finally leaving my system And I’m staying to feel it’s withdrawal .

Is it possible to experience withdrawal from Pregabalin and after taking a gram a day for 19 days ?. I got my first script 2 weeks ago , I got 120 75mg pills . I’ve never taken it before, I’ve tried gabapentin many times but never felt even the slightest anything from them even in heroic doses . I ask not cuz I’m going thru terrible withdrawals but I started waking up in a sweat the first day of not taking any and also the following two days . Also my sleep has bin disturbed since stopping .
as some of you may know I am roughly 9 weeks post my last 100mg sublocade injection and I’m trying to figure out if maybe the bupe is finally leaving my system And I’m staying to feel it’s withdrawal .
A gram a day is a high dose, so withdrawal is possible. If I were you and had some pregabalin left I would do a quick tappering. Maybe, something like 500mg, 300, 200, 100, 75, 50, 25 and off. Quick tapperings work for me when I have used high doses for a short time. You won't get rid completely of withdrawal but It will become easier to live with.
I don't know about the bupe so I don't comment. But I have been in the situation of abusing several drugs and not knowing where my withdrawal was coming from...

I tell you what though I'm gonna be with my girlfriend for a few nights and might bring some pregabalin... it really seems to increase libido and make things feel better too. Same as phenibut.

I find that phenibut is far and away the best sex enhancer ofmit, gabapentin and lyrica. It's similar to GHB sex vibes, but less intense and bestial. Gabapentin and Lyrica are alright too but phenibut it one of the best sex drugs ever.

strange how Pregabalin affects people differently. I can take grams of the stuff and feel essentially nothing, although I'm going to try and potentiate it with some Xanax now. I wouldn't combine it with Opiates personally

Is Phenibut essentially a more 'natural' version of Pregabalin?

To me pregabalin is like a more "fucked up" version of phenibut. While phenibut makes me feel stimulated and anxiety-free all day, pregabalin has a short duration and fucks me up while reducing anxiety. The physical sensations of the drugs are very similar.

Pregabalin and phenibut are very similar chemically, with only one chemical alteration from pregabalin to phenibut IIRC.

Gabapentinoids as a drug class seem to be like that though - differ very differently between individuals, where some like me get strong effects, others don't get anything at all, others just fall asleep, etc.

I'm curious what's your tolerance to benzos and other GABAergics though? I know pregabalin isn't actually one itself but I am sure its calcium channel blocker action does something or other to the flow of GABA in brain and there will be some new study showing as such in the future. Even Pfizer doesn't still fully even understand how the stuff works.

I find that phenibut is far and away the best sex enhancer ofmit, gabapentin and lyrica. It's similar to GHB sex vibes, but less intense and bestial. Gabapentin and Lyrica are alright too but phenibut it one of the best sex drugs ever.

Agreed 100% phenibut is the fucking ultimate, but the last batch of phenibut I got after my last source disappeared is low quality and I have a load of pregabs left over from an old script. Does the job well. Mixed it with Xanax after too and fucked me up nice.

To me pregabalin is like a more "fucked up" version of phenibut. While phenibut makes me feel stimulated and anxiety-free all day, pregabalin has a short duration and fucks me up while reducing anxiety. The physical sensations of the drugs are very similar.

Pregabalin and phenibut are very similar chemically, with only one chemical alteration from pregabalin to phenibut IIRC.

Gabapentinoids as a drug class seem to be like that though - differ very differently between individuals, where some like me get strong effects, others don't get anything at all, others just fall asleep, etc.

Agreed 100% phenibut is the fucking ultimate, but the last batch of phenibut I got after my last source disappeared is low quality and I have a load of pregabs left over from an old script. Does the job well. Mixed it with Xanax after too and fucked me up nice.
that might be because pregabalin is Much much stronger than Phenibut even though like you say are very similar, this is mostly based on the Bioavailability of the drug, it should be respected because it does have noticable effects but the negative is that tolerance builds extremely fast if used in higher doses.

Also all gabapentinoids have their own distinguishing effect profiles.

Phenibutt is only partly a gabapentinoid. Pregabalin and gabapentin both entirely work by interacting with voltage-dependent calcium channels. Phenibut does, too, but in addition to that, it is a gaba-B agonist, like GHB. So it has 2 mnechanisms of action and has similar but distinct effects from pregabalin and gabapentin.

Personally if I could pick 3 drugs to be able to use for the rest of my life when I wanted to, and not be able to use all other drugs, phenibut would probably be on that list. I can't say that for pregabalin or gabapentin, though I really like both of them too. Phenibut is my favorite by far though.

I can't get phenibut to work properly, imo it stinks? Effects are far too subtle for me to compare it to something like ghb, which is amazing, I miss it, I shouldn't even be talking about it. Pregabalin and gabapentin give me a weird headspace, but gabapentin over pregabalin anyday. If I want to feel an additional stoning effect I'll grab the carisoprodols instead of those two, far comfier.

Yeah Soma is nice, but different. Phenibut is hard to dose right and I think it just doesn't do it for some people but for me, the proper dose is extremely euphoric. I don't feel intoxicated, I feel stimulated and fearless and like I can do everything better. It lasts for over 24 hours, too.

Phenibutt is only partly a gabapentinoid. Pregabalin and gabapentin both entirely work by interacting with voltage-dependent calcium channels. Phenibut does, too, but in addition to that, it is a gaba-B agonist, like GHB. So it has 2 mnechanisms of action and has similar but distinct effects from pregabalin and gabapentin.

Personally if I could pick 3 drugs to be able to use for the rest of my life when I wanted to, and not be able to use all other drugs, phenibut would probably be on that list. I can't say that for pregabalin or gabapentin, though I really like both of them too. Phenibut is my favorite by far though.

But what's really interesting is the study showing this dual action of phenibut is very recent even though phenibut has existed for decades and is used medically in Russia and surrounding countries.

Which does somewhat bolster my point when it comes to pregabalin, despite the fact it has now been an approved pharmaceutical since 2002 I believe, we still have very little idea how it works aside from the knowledge it's a calcium channel blocker.

I've been scripted so many bloody psych meds over the years and the number of times I read the patient information leaflet and there's something saying "We don't fully understand how this drug works but..." before giving a vague description of the receptors it hits is madness to me. Mirtazapine I believe was another. They know it hits a load of receptors but they have no clue how it's meant to actually help depression. And that's an old generic drug.

This is also why it drives me crazy when people arguing against medical cannabis say things like "but we don't know what it does to your brain!" The same is true for just so many FDA and NICE approved pharmaceuticals you wouldn't believe. At least cannabis has thousands of years of human use. Pregabalin didn't exist until a few decades ago.

Anyway rant aside, I agree with you about phenibut vs. the other gabapentinoids. Phenibut is the superior drug in terms of subjective effects and I'd absolutely choose it over pregabalin if given the choice. I just happen to have a load of pregabalin on hand from my old script and no reliable new source for phenibut. That pregabalin is so old actually it went "out of date" in 2017 but as we know that means nothing and is yet another ridiculous scam from the pharma industry. It's the Lyrica brand name though. Then again I also got given some free Sandoz generic pregabalin chucked in with some benzos and it's just as good.

I'm curious what's your tolerance to benzos and other GABAergics though? I know pregabalin isn't actually one itself but I am sure its calcium channel blocker action does something or other to the flow of GABA in brain and there will be some new study showing as such in the future. Even Pfizer doesn't still fully even understand how the stuff works.

Valium doesn't seem to do much for me - I've tried 40 or even 50mg at a time

Xanax seems to fuck me up, but after a recent scary incident where I lost the use of my left hand I'm binning it

. What sort of dose of phenibut do you find works for you?

When I have no tolerance at all, 1.5g does it for me, divided into 2 or 3 doses (seems to work better that way, and smoother). These days I do it once a week or less, and I do 2-2.5g, it depends on the day. I have a friend who has to stop at 500mg though, or he gets fucked up. Too much phenibut is not fun.

What sort of dose of phenibut do you find works for you?

1.5g is the sweet spot for me with phenibut. But unlike @Xorkoth I take that all at once. I've found phenibut to be most effective when the whole dose is taken either early in the morning or before I sleep the previous night. When I do the latter I wake up feeling it instantly and it still manages to last all day to boot. Magical stuff for me.

I always kept it to once a week since phenibut tolerance comes on so quick so never really needed to use higher doses. I did experiment at 2g which started to impair me, then 2.5-3g which just had me smashed but not necessarily in a fun way. For me the magic of phenibut is that it keeps you clearheaded so I stick to 1.5g generally.

Also mixed benzos with it before, which again has me mashed, but it ruins the stimulating feeling from the phenibut for me so I don't tend to like it. Bit of a waste of phenibut, would rather take the benzos on their own.

Something I'm yet to try, surprisingly, is my amphetamine script mixed with phenibut. In theory that should be a pretty nice combo. I'll give it a whirl next time I get my hands on some quality stuff.

Yeah, the reason phenibut is the best of them is because it's 100% functional, it's almost like super-sobriety. When dosed right. It's also like 10 times better for sex than Lyrica or gabapentin. And it produces the most reliable and clear-minded confidence of any drug I've done. Gabapentin is good too, but gets me feeling kinda wonky. And Lyrica is really pleasurable but it fucks me up, I get really intoxicated.

Phenibut works really, really well with stims, smoothing them out and increasing the euphoria. It also works really, really well with psychedelics, it doesn't reduce the sttrength of the trip at all, but it does make all the transitions easier and emphasizes the euphoric/positive aspects.

I'm currently taking 2 x Lyrica 225 mg a day for anxiety. Sometimes I feel particularly anxious - would it do any good to take e.g. 900 mg at once in these kind of situations?

I'm currently taking 2 x Lyrica 225 mg a day for anxiety. Sometimes I feel particularly anxious - would it do any good to take e.g. 900 mg at once in these kind of situations?

In MY experience.. Lyrica is a horrid, life sucking drug. I'll only speak of my personal experience here:
It's FAKE. The results from taking this medication are so brain fucking that you actually believe it's working.
You'll go from a safe and stable dose to extremely high and unattainable dosages.
You will lose yourself.
You will lose time.
You will ride a path that leads to nowhere VERY quickly as your tolerance builds to unachievable levels.
Quoting my doctor "Lyrica came out with bells and whistles but it's absolutely useless".

Be careful.

Sounds like a bad idea because you'll mess up with your tolerance and then it won't work as it should. Tolerance to pregabalin skyrockets very easily. You should talk to your psychiatrist and try to get a benzo for ocasional use. But just once in a while, you don't want to be taking too many benzos.
I know now your situation is hard because of the anxiety, but if you overdo medication you'll have anxiety and a drug problem.
Try breathing tecniques as well to see if they help.

Hey Survival, I was prescribed 600mg Lyrica per day for ~5 years (either 2 x 300 or 3 x 200mg) for a treatment-resistant somatic anxiety disorder. This was in addition to either 30mg diazepam or 2mg clonazepam per day. High dose Lyrica worked well for my anxiety....for about 2 months, and the subsequent years I took 600mg simply to prevent withdrawal.

I highly suggest not to raise your dose to 900mg even occasionally. In my experience doing so might blunt the anxiety once or twice but your tolerance will adjust absurdly quickly and you will only be in a worse state in between doses.

If you are only taking this medication for anxiety (as I was) and not for pain, I'd suggest starting to discuss a plan with your doctor to slowly wean off of it. I regrettably have experience with many types of withdrawal, and as unbelievable as this may sound, I found acute Lyrica withdrawal to be more debilitating than acute benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Don't get me wrong: I would rather have to withdraw from Lyrica 10 more times than to repeat the 2 years it took me to fully heal from benzodiazepine withdrawal.

In my experience the acute withdrawal from 7 years of daily prescribed benzos were a very long, drawn out, cyclical slog. It was 6 months before I felt capable again, another 12 months before I felt mostly back to "normal", and finally 6 more months before I could reliably get a full night's sleep without a handful of clonidine/hydroxyzine. It was a period of hardship to say the least, but it was mostly a mental fight and was rarely completely overwhelming at any one moment.

In comparison, Lyrica withdrawal 'only' took a couple months of a steady taper to free myself and did not have the persistent, nearly unending residual post-acute symptoms that benzos did. Once I had lowered my dose to between 50-75mg/day I was able to jump off with relative ease and never look back. HOWEVER, when I was still on 600mg, if I had to go anymore than 24 hours MAX between doses I was thrown under an unholy freight train of acute W/D that I can only describe as a combination of high dose opiate+benzo withdrawal with additional effects unique only to Lyrica. I could set a clock by it, and it was fucking bad. Not only would I get the restlessness/anxiety/severe depression/nausea/sensory overload of opiates & benzo wd, but also pronounced dissociation of watching these things in 3rd person like watching a car wreck in slow motion while my limbs would literally swell up with fluid and I could barely walk. I do not have any medical conditions that would otherwise put me at risk of dissociation or fluid retention. These only ever happened when stopping high dose Lyrica.

These symptoms were so debilitating that during a brief insurance gap, I actually voluntarily paid for my month supply of Lyrica out of pocket on 2 or 3 occasions. That's over $700 for a 30 day supply. And believe me when I say that I couldn't get to the pharmacy fast enough. My saint of a neighbor drove me the 1/2 mile too, because there's no way I could have physically drove or walked myself. I would not even consider such an act of desperation during a bad morphine withdrawal. And all of this was when I still had valium. It didn't help.

My point is not to scare you, only to plead with you not to put yourself in a situation where you might run out of a high dose daily Lyrica prescription. Even most doctors that prescribe Lyrica do not realize that it has severe withdrawal symptoms. Most of their patients who do take pregabalin are taking under 300mg per day. I do not know if it is this bad for everyone, but it humbled me and made me realize that I needed to finally get off of it. It was a bad choice as a long-term anxiety medication.