• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I'm prescribed 450mg a day for pain, it's quite effective and I'm enjoying the buzz from it more and more, especially if I take the whole daily dose at once. Combined with good weed it's quite the body high.
I’m looking forward to the same effects I had with the Gabapentin, just don’t want to build up my tolerance too quickly.

Pregabalin is one of the favs to be quite frank; clear headed alcohol with some hallucinations but not as euphoric as GHB :(

It gets me high for 12 hours and is very versatile; I can move around and have a good time, and sleeping on it is easy. In the morning I'm still high, which is great haha.

I usually take 750mg an hour or two before going out so I can peak when the fun starts.

The only downside is the frequency of usage, I've heard it's not good for you to take it regularly and a perma-tolerance can be built. I only take it for special occasions.

You can mix it with alcohol, I had about 4 pints on top of that 750mg and it easily felt like 8 pints, without the nausea. It made me stumble around and almost put me to sleep whilst cotching with my mates, but it's definitely more controllable than Xanax or something which can force you to sleep or cause you to blackout.

A better sociable alcohol-sub would be GHB I'd say, more fun and makes me horny as fuck - downside is the duration of GHB.

Hi,

I’m fairly new here, and just want to share my experience with Lyrica. I used to smoke a lot of weed and snorted ketamine. But my stock ran out during this lockdown, so I’m left with a few meds that my mom wanted to throw out. One of them is Lyrica. I have never taken drug meds like this before I guess my tolerance is 0. After reading this megathread from page 1 (yeah I really did took me a day), I decided to give it a try @ 600mg (50mg pills) at 9pm.

Waiited for an hour and a half, nothing. Then I popped another 600mg and thats where I feel the tingling sensation and ‘floaty’ if you get what I mean. The buzz wasn’t as high as I would expect, another hour passed by I started to feel dumbed down like staring at my ipad didn’t scroll or whatever for a solid 10 mins. When I rose up that’s where I feel very floaty and I couldn’t find my balance, walking to the toilet like I was drunk. The euphoric feeling was mild and I was hoping I could see visions like what was told in this forum.

I spent my time listening to music with lights off and I felt so much vibe, slept around 2am. I woke up at 3pm (never happened before, usually wakes up at 8-9am) and I do still feel a bit ’floaty’ until now as I am typing this @ 8pm.

Overall this drug was quite okay considering I have nothing left in my stock. Definitely going to try a larger dose next week as I’m letting myself do this once a week because the tolerance build up is quite fast so I’ve heard in this megathread.

Last edited:
Pregabalin is one of the favs to be quite frank; clear headed alcohol with some hallucinations but not as euphoric as GHB :(

It gets me high for 12 hours and is very versatile; I can move around and have a good time, and sleeping on it is easy. In the morning I'm still high, which is great haha.

I usually take 750mg an hour or two before going out so I can peak when the fun starts.

The only downside is the frequency of usage, I've heard it's not good for you to take it regularly and a perma-tolerance can be built. I only take it for special occasions.

You can mix it with alcohol, I had about 4 pints on top of that 750mg and it easily felt like 8 pints, without the nausea. It made me stumble around and almost put me to sleep whilst cotching with my mates, but it's definitely more controllable than Xanax or something which can force you to sleep or cause you to blackout.

A better sociable alcohol-sub would be GHB I'd say, more fun and makes me horny as fuck - downside is the duration of GHB.

The thing will Lyrica for me was I able to drink shitloads and never felt drunk. The thing with my friends and I while using it was that we could go all night on the booze, not get wasted and take more the next day to stop the hangover in it's tracks. Definitely agree on the 12 hour high and the fact it takes approx 2 hours to kick in.
I was one of the unfortunate ones who became extremely addicted for around 6 months; daily use. I was getting it prescribed readily for anxiety but it ended up completely fucking up my life.
Taken sparingly is something I'd highly advise.
The high was very strange and honestly not fun. It was a means of escapism for me.. it altered my perception and feelings but was never what I'd call enjoyable.
I was taking over a gram a day towards the end..

I really rare lyrics in doses of 600-900mg, and if taken the the evening it lasts well imto.the next day. It does duck up your balance though.and makes you appear inebriated way more than bemzos. Don't take at work or driving!

What would people recommend a first time user take to deal with just every day anxiety i can get it cheap on the street and save myself a $500 + visit to a psychiatrist to get a prescription if they will even give me.

Was looking for something less abusive than xannax

What would people recommend a first time user take to deal with just every day anxiety i can get it cheap on the street and save myself a $500 + visit to a psychiatrist to get a prescription if they will even give me.

Was looking for something less abusive than xannax
I would start very low and see how it goes. Maybe as low as 25 or 50mg twice or thrice a day. If that doesn't work, up it to 75-150 and no more. And if you are using it for anxiety don't mess with it. High doses will get you really tolerant very quickly.

You can abuse pregabalin, definitely preferable to benzos but some people get bad withdrawals from it. Other people like me didn't get bad ones, but getting worse and worse every time I get it. If you need it for anxiety try not to ruin it. If you abuse it would probably be useless for that.

Last edited:
Does pregabalin dull or stop mdma, acid and shrooms etc from working like antidepressants and anxiety meds do?

I tried pregabalin once but had some side effects after 10 days so stopped, but that could of been other stuff I took around that time too making the side effects worse, my doctor mentioned it for fibromyalgia but as I have anxiety too it seems a good idea to try it again as it might help both, she's calling back in 10 days as I need to try and stop mirtazapine using zopiclone as she don't want me on to many meds at once

Does pregabalin dull or stop mdma, acid and shrooms etc from working like antidepressants and anxiety meds do?

I tried pregabalin once but had some side effects after 10 days so stopped, but that could of been other stuff I took around that time too making the side effects worse, my doctor mentioned it for fibromyalgia but as I have anxiety too it seems a good idea to try it again as it might help both, she's calling back in 10 days as I need to try and stop mirtazapine using zopiclone as she don't want me on to many meds at once
No, it doesn't dull psychedelics. Quite a nice mix as it deals with the anxiety they might produce. No experience with pregabalin and mdma. I imagine in the come up of mdma might potentiate each other, may be uncomfortable depending the kind of come ups you have from mdma, doubt it will be dangerous at reasonable dosages.

No, it doesn't dull psychedelics. Quite a nice mix as it deals with the anxiety they might produce

Aw cool, I've had a trip saved for ages as was worried about taking it as I've had 2 bad trip a very long time ago and want to try again but I worry out the anxiety and ain't got benzos so that's good to know

withdraw from this shit when you ot fibromyalgia is sucide. Can't keep the pain and self hypnosis doesn't help anymore.

Medication for nervepain really should be developped... im desesperate...
My doc is giving me fucking lyrica and that's all he does about my pain. And got some tramadol too but never feel anything from them. FUCK THAT SHIT
Lyrica and Gabapentin is about the only meds that work for nerve pain. There are not much they can do for nerve pain. I have MS I know nerve pain. The only thing that I found that helped me was wine or pot and pot is illegal here unless you can get medical marijuana card which I’m in the process of. I just want to sleep with out having to drink two bottles of wine and two amitriptyline.

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in the mega-thread, but can someone explain to a newbie whether or not pregabalin has any effect on GABA receptors?

According to the PsychonautWiki:

"Although pregabalin is a chemical derivative of GABA, it displays no activity at any GABA receptors, including GABAA, GABAB and the benzodiazepine site. Pregabalin, despite its GABA backbone, does not appear to alter GABA levels in the brain, so its pharmacological activity is presumed to be unrelated to GABA."

However, this thread seems to be full of people talking about cross-tolerance with benzos and other GABAergics. I'd be grateful for any clarification/education.

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in the mega-thread, but can someone explain to a newbie whether or not pregabalin has any effect on GABA receptors?

According to the PsychonautWiki:

"Although pregabalin is a chemical derivative of GABA, it displays no activity at any GABA receptors, including GABAA, GABAB and the benzodiazepine site. Pregabalin, despite its GABA backbone, does not appear to alter GABA levels in the brain, so its pharmacological activity is presumed to be unrelated to GABA."

However, this thread seems to be full of people talking about cross-tolerance with benzos and other GABAergics. I'd be grateful for any clarification/education.
As you see the last studies are against any gaba activity. In my experience withdrawing from pregabalin (without any statistic value), I found alcohol or benzos to interfere in the recovery, so I don't know really. I wouldn't say they are cross-tolerant, but I think pregabalin might affect the gabaergic system at least in some indirect way. Sometimes happens than a totally different neurotransmitter can affect the function of others. Truth is the pregabalin mechanism of action is still very poorly understood and we should wait for more studies.

^ Thanks. I'm mainly interested from a harm reduction standpoint i.e. could combining benzos with a high dose of pregabalin be dangerous? But it would be nice to know about cross-tolerance, too.

I took 1200 mg yesterday at 8 in the morning, (barely felt it)
can I take like 1500 or 2000 mg today and still feel something? I know you should wait atleast a day inbetween but my anxiety is through the roof can't barely make myself go to the kitchen (i have already taken 2.5 mg xanax and 500 ml of 7% beer that isnt working but maybe it can work to boost the lyrica?)