• TDS Moderators: deficiT | D's | JessFR
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Social The Dark Side Social Thread v. Darksiders Forever

Audiobook

Bluelighter
So, I have gotten advice and when I go in next (have the next few days off) I will be having a conversation with our People Lead (our version of HR).

I am also going to tell them that I have a disability and that I cannot be pushed like I have been.

BellaJewel

Bluelighter
Audiobook,
That’s wonderful that you’ll be seeing the TRIO tutor. I love that you seek out resources that are available to you.
Hopefully she can offer you some assistance with work. Maybe she could help you find a workplace where you are treated better. Or if you want to stay at Walmart, maybe she can offer you some tips and strategies to better combat those situations that are stressful.
I am so proud of you, Audiobook. You are a star!

Audiobook

Bluelighter
Audiobook,
That’s wonderful that you’ll be seeing the TRIO tutor. I love that you seek out resources that are available to you.
Hopefully she can offer you some assistance with work. Maybe she could help you find a workplace where you are treated better. Or if you want to stay at Walmart, maybe she can offer you some tips and strategies to better combat those situations that are stressful.
I am so proud of you, Audiobook. You are a star!
Thank you, yea, the college offers employment options so that would be something I would look into if Walmart does not let me change departments.

Like, in all honesty I do think they will let me move, and I am going to pester them until they do.

Flynnal

Bluelighter
I've realised that I probably have a protein deficiency, from reading a couple of threads where weight training was mentioned in another forum, so maybe upping my intake of protein might help me improve. I've got to get rid of this anger one way or another. I know it might have been caused by one of my meds. I can still get upset, but I'm not as aggressive as I was a couple of days ago. So it's improving.

I've had to take an extra day off work today, due to insomnia, I don't know if it's because I'm tapering off a med that isn't working for me or because of the stress and upset that I went through over the past week.

I'll keep trying.

Flynnal

Bluelighter
Thank you, yea, the college offers employment options so that would be something I would look into if Walmart does not let me change departments.
I would have a chat to the HR department and perhaps middle management. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and see if they are accommodating. You'll never know if you never try, so what do you have to lose?

Audiobook

Bluelighter
I would have a chat to the HR department and perhaps middle management. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and see if they are accommodating. You'll never know if you never try, so what do you have to lose?
My ASM is middle management and tbh, he knew I was being pushed.

I am gonna talk with HR first and see what they say, and then talk with my ASM (mainly about moving me).

Like it’s the management style that’s basically the problem. It has stressed me out to the point that I have had autistic burnout for weeks and I have not done my course work.

Which is somewhat on me, I do try and push myself but sometimes I just can’t. I have started back up on doing it again, because I know I need to. But I just feel so burnt out that it’s very hard.

Flynnal

Bluelighter
Like it’s the management style that’s basically the problem. It has stressed me out to the point that I have had autistic burnout for weeks and I have not done my course work.
I am so familiar with burnout. When I was struggling with it I could not function to save my life let alone do any chores - even doing the most basic of things like making my bed or taking a shower seemed next to impossible.

Audiobook

Bluelighter
So I talked to our People Lead (HR) and I am moving to CAP 2 (second shift stocking, 2pm-11pm) next pay period.

So that basically means I only have 2 shifts left on OGP bc after that I am off.

I do the paperwork on Sunday.

So fucking ready to be done.

Audiobook

Bluelighter
Also I pissed off the Door Dash sub on Reddit because I ranted about them bc they are fucking garbage.

And it’s so hilarious.

Like ok, sure, I am going to fail at life and work at Walmart forever because I don’t think Door Dashers are the most amazing people ever.

I’m also very self righteous and full of hate (maybe true, as far as Walmart shit is concerned. IRL I do try and be nice and care.)

deficiT

Moderator: DC, TDS
Staff member
Also I pissed off the Door Dash sub on Reddit because I ranted about them bc they are fucking garbage.

And it’s so hilarious.

Like ok, sure, I am going to fail at life and work at Walmart forever because I don’t think Door Dashers are the most amazing people ever.

I’m also very self righteous and full of hate (maybe true, as far as Walmart shit is concerned. IRL I do try and be nice and care.)
I dislike door dashers as they swipe my deliveries at work! Stupid corporate wants them to be more involved cause they don't wanna pay drivers...

D's

Moderator: NMI, TDS
Staff member
I deliver for post-mates when I don't have shit else going on. I've never ran for doordash, Never really used anyone but post-mates. i have a few felonies and post-mates doesn't care. now doordash/uber eats and the other one, they won't hire you unless u have a clean record. so fuck them.
and i imagine some of those people think they are better than the average pizza delivery guy. so it is what it is.

BellaJewel

Bluelighter
@D’s - the other one you’re referring to is probably Grubhub. Where I live, they do most of the food delivery business, followed by Uber Eats. We don’t have Post-mates here.
In general I go online and look for the Grubhub deals that say “No Delivery Fees for the Next Hour” and I usually choose those places.
I feel badly for some of you employed in food delivery because there are some peeps who don’t seem to understand that the delivery fee is separate from tipping your delivery person. It’s sad. I think those delivering food get shorted on the tip sometimes for this reason.

D's

Moderator: NMI, TDS
Staff member
@D’s - the other one you’re referring to is probably Grubhub. Where I live, they do most of the food delivery business, followed by Uber Eats. We don’t have Post-mates here.
In general I go online and look for the Grubhub deals that say “No Delivery Fees for the Next Hour” and I usually choose those places.
I feel badly for some of you employed in food delivery because there are some peeps who don’t seem to understand that the delivery fee is separate from tipping your delivery person. It’s sad. I think those delivering food get shorted on the tip sometimes for this reason.
Yeah it was Grubhub, and the one I had tried to get on as a shopper&delivery was InstaCart. Totally left me hanging when they did a background check. Sucks but their loss. (and I hear that they really don't care about their shoppers&delivery drivers).
Post-Mates isn't to bad. It's like the redheaded step child uber-eats. Usually on 'Gamedays' college basketball is huge here, and when they are playing and not busy I'll login. Depending on what's going on I can make my rent $ in a day (which is the only reason I do this lol).
I mean, I do it for rent and bill $.

Audiobook

Bluelighter
I was at work for 12 fucking hours today because we went late.

I cannot take this shit anymore, I literally texted my ASM (he is on vacation but I have been called in on vacation anyways so fuck it) that I cannot do this anymore.

If I am not signing the paperwork work tomorrow I am basically done being anything but a pissy bitch.

This department basically makes me wish I was fucking dead.

Alex_1991

Bluelighter

And it’s so hilarious.

Reddit is a shithole, largely. It’s extremely useful for finding information on anything though. Including what the average Door Dashers Vs Walmart feud looks like. I’d try not to get involved, you’re going to get all kinds of fuckheads ready to snipe you down no matter what you say. Viva la Door Dash!

anyway, try to calm down with the panicking if there’s any technique that will help. Sometimes I just close my eyes and maybe even go to sleep. Someday this will all be a minor incidental in your life. I know it’s what’s sustaining you right now, but it’s just Walmart. It’s definitely got a bullshit culture but it’s casual work compared to whatever you have in your future after college when you become a professional in your field. Look at this like a stepping stone to what you may have to deal with when the stakes are even bigger!

That’s probably kind of anxiety inducing in itself but that kind of thought can be empowering too. Just need to believe in your abilities to deal, and if you believe you can then you can. If you go on thinking you can’t though, you’re probably right. Either outcome you’ll still need to arrange a way of living for yourself. You do have options.

A lot of life really is a mind game, in a way. Some things can’t be controlled but how we conduct ourselves we have a say.

Audiobook

Bluelighter
Reddit is a shithole, largely. It’s extremely useful for finding information on anything though. Including what the average Door Dashers Vs Walmart feud looks like. I’d try not to get involved, you’re going to get all kinds of fuckheads ready to snipe you down no matter what you say. Viva la Door Dash!

anyway, try to calm down with the panicking if there’s any technique that will help. Sometimes I just close my eyes and maybe even go to sleep. Someday this will all be a minor incidental in your life. I know it’s what’s sustaining you right now, but it’s just Walmart. It’s definitely got a bullshit culture but it’s casual work compared to whatever you have in your future after college when you become a professional in your field. Look at this like a stepping stone to what you may have to deal with when the stakes are even bigger!

That’s probably kind of anxiety inducing in itself but that kind of thought can be empowering too. Just need to believe in your abilities to deal, and if you believe you can then you can. If you go on thinking you can’t though, you’re probably right. Either outcome you’ll still need to arrange a way of living for yourself. You do have options.

A lot of life really is a mind game, in a way. Some things can’t be controlled but how we conduct ourselves we have a say.
I know, like honestly I will find a way.

And tbh, I need to learn to stop giving so much of myself for an incompetent POS who doesn’t know how to manage a section so it can succeed when he is away.

It’s honestly not my problem, and I need to stop caring.

deficiT

Moderator: DC, TDS
Staff member
I've worked delivery off and on for years, as a side gig and a main job, I've found the law of averages applies. There are definitely a fair amount of people that straight up don't tip, tip you pennnies on the dollar (this bitch tipped me 15 cents the other day), but there are also plenty of people that will throw you 10 or 20 bucks on a big order, or just because they generally tip well. Most people just give you 4 or 5 bucks.

As long as whatever service you're delivering for pays you decently hourly and has good mileage reimbursement, you will usually always come out the other side doing alright. And it's a really laid back job for what it is, I've found generally all things told I'll make 12-20 dollars an hour, probably average around 15. It's just a matter of whether you're getting hours or not, it can be hit or miss, but generally pizza places are pretty flexible. A lot of times if you can't get hours at the shop you're mainly at, there's another shop in your district that needs drivers and no one wants the hours. Or if you really want hours it's generally easy enough to trade w/ people.

Right now I have work 5 days but it's only for a couple hours, so it is kinda tough to maintain right now, but hopefully it'll turn around soon. High amount of employee turnover of course, so I just gotta wait my turn for the good shifts.