The Methoxphenidine (2-MeO-Diphenidine) Thread
iupac = 1-(1-(2-methoxyphenyl)-2-phenylethyl)piperidine ; (±)-1-[1-(2-methoxyphenyl)-2-phenylethyl]piperidine; (R/S)-1-(1-(2-methoxyphenyl)-2-phenylethyl)piperidine
Link to the previous Big & Dandy thread
[where we left off:]
Warnings - MUST read before use:
- Long winded Duration: The duration of this compound should not underestimated, the effects last and linger very long. Durations of ~12-18 hours have been reported, and dosing higher or redosing may lead to significant increase in this duration. Before taking this drug, consider this and make sure you have nothing to do for the day(s) to come!
- Avoid Redosing: Redosing may be very risky as compounds like diphenidine and methoxphenidine can result in amnesia. This may lead to severely debilitated self control, perhaps on an even totally different level than addiction issues. Avoid it especially / at least if it is your first time.
- Careful dosage: Suggested starting doses are 50 mg, slowly building up to that and figuring out the dose-response curve instead of pushing the envelope! This means that effects may very suddenly get seriously / problematically strong at or above a certain dosage level.
- Unpredictability / inconsistency: methoxphenidine has shown a tendency to intoxicate users to different extents off of the same dosage level as previous dosages even in those tolerant to it and similar substances
- Stomach contents: methoxphenidine has shown a tendency to be metabolized very slowly and can greatly intoxicate someone who has not eaten properly while the same amount dosed on a full stomach may not hit as hard. It appears to be very fat-soluble, so it may get stuck in/to fatty food in your stomach or fatty tissues in your body before being released more slowly.
To be sure, assume it is like PCP type compounds that can linger in the body for days if not weeks!
*Your previous experience, even with other dissociatives, does not grant you control over potentially dangerous drugs like this one. Do NOT use it as if it were ketamine or MXE !
Compounds in this category of dissociatives, together with PCP & analogues have been known to not only cause amnesia, but also manic and psychotic behavior, far too often with disastrous result and injury to self and others! Be extremely careful.
Always weigh your doses with an accurate milligram scale - never eyeball!
I recommend starting at 70mg. 110mg is right down the rabbit hole for me. Higher doses made me panic and thought I was going to die. Give it at least an hour before considering redosing. Things get very very crazy at 110mg, and watch you alcohol consumption. Stick to a beer or two, no more. It's definitely a fascinating compound though. Just be careful people, it's a hell of a trip at the right dosage. Don't eyeball, get some sensitive scales. I recommend these:
Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20 x 0.001g.
£20.00 from amazon. They are exellent.
Oh yeah, the above is oral dosage, mixed with juice or water, doesn't really matter. I heard juice with citric acid is good ie. orange juice, cranberry, lemon juice etc. It can be corrosive if you let the raw powder sit in your mouth, and snorting is pretty useless and gives a dull ache which lasts for ages.
After reading through much of the thread I was surprised at how many people have experienced long on-set times, ie. hours and hours. I have done MXP many times and the effects always started to kick in around 45 minutes, peaking within 1.5 hours. Please disregard my '1 hour' resdose time as it obviously affects people in drastically different ways. I would still suggest suggest sticking to more that 110 mg per night though, total. Perhaps this is due in part to the different vendor's suppliers, ie, the composition of the substance.
Tried this a few months ago, got as high as 120mg in a day, but as I am with most NMDA antagonists I find doses just slightly over threshold what I'm looking for (5-8mg with 3-meo-pcp) so with this 30mg rectally was a decent dose. I'm not ever trying to 'hole' or trip into the weird disassociated realm, I prefer to waltz around just sub-hypomania where you get some energy and motivation as well as notice the mild anti-depressant actions but without the pure mania this class of drugs can produce. Also taking it at these threshold doses allow you to not fuck up your sleep as NMDA antagonists are prone to do. Also, if you take these lower doses this class of drugs is a lot safer to mess with, I've never gotten close to the amnesia these things can produce, never blacked out. I have redosed but my redoses are always lower, and a lot of the time not even necessary.
50 mg, orally in orange juice was nice for first time. I also took about 100mg of 3-FPM, but I'm a stim guy. I was at home, alone. Come-up was rather swift, and I got excited about it in a good way. Took a walk to local tavern, where I know everyone. I was very chatty, with a big smile on my face. I've been sober two years (chronic alcoholic for 20), so didn't drink. Loved being around people, and was pretty bummed out when I was home alone again. I think that setting, mood, mindset is huge with this stuff. I'm sure everyone reacts differently at diff times, but I have some serious social anxiety issues, so it was interesting that I loved the socializing. Higher doses probably wouldn't produce that same effect, IMHO. A little fuzzy 12 hours later. Good experience. Will try again. BTW, there was a time when I used insane amounts of DXM on an almost daily basis. Didn't find MXP very similar to that.
What's with all the oral dosing?
I've just tried insufflating this stuff tonight. I managed to put myself in somewhat of a hole on it last week.
I feel nice, and music is enhanced, but I certainly don't feel very dissociated.
I guess that's why you lot are taking it orally.
I'm quite enjoying bluelight on this stuff, so I guess I'll have a browse through the thread.
It seems fairly stimulating, but I still don't feel like I really understand it yet.
So I've been insufflating 50-100mg~ lines of this over the past few days and the effects are negligible. However, I love what it does.
It presents a very clear headed, focused mood lift, and I find greater enjoyment in the things that I am doing.
In fact, I'd say that if anything, it mainly complements my current nootropic stack which I'm currently using to try and rectify my current issues with depression/anxiety/lack of motivation/fatigue.
I realise that I'm probably effectively wasting it this way (relatively speaking), so could anybody please elaborate on why it seems to be a case of oral > insufflation.
(for a lazy man)
Edit: Okay, I guess that basically, nasal bioavailability is low, so you might as well just take it orally, and I've just answered my own question, which was really obvious all along.