• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

As for the question ' Is Ephenidine pretty much the same thing as ketamine?' My answer is a big 'Hell no', at least judging from the lucid day of ephenidine analysis I experienced compared to my many subjective K analyses. Different character, different spirits, different envelopes...I can go on. The only thing they have in common is that they dissociate consciousness. How they dissociate and the end result is quite different IME.
It's closer to MXE, but even that is an unfair comparison.

How would you describe the experience? I am interested in this and I am a big k lover and loved mxe just as much, but the diph I have had laying here over a year has me sceptical about even getting this ha :/ btw have you tried diph and how would compare the two?

As for the question ' Is Ephenidine pretty much the same thing as ketamine?' My answer is a big 'Hell no', at least judging from the lucid day of ephenidine analysis I experienced compared to my many subjective K analyses. Different character, different spirits, different envelopes...I can go on. The only thing they have in common is that they dissociate consciousness. How they dissociate and the end result is quite different IME.
It's closer to MXE, but even that is an unfair comparison.
Would you mind telling us at what dosage and with which preferred ROA you use your dissociatives? I have tried a lot lof different dissociatives (used many of them on a regular basis) and despite having used ketamine on roughly 500 days throughout the last decade I would have a very hard time telling these two drugs apart, especially by the rush of intravenous use!

How would you describe the experience? I am interested in this and I am a big k lover and loved mxe just as much, but the diph I have had laying here over a year has me sceptical about even getting this ha :/ btw have you tried diph and how would compare the two?

I've never had diphenidine but ephenidine is similar to MXE. More numbing and warm feeling. Easy comeup, much more visual. Seems to make audio slowed down. If you liked MXE you'll like ephenidine. I've only tried it once but will for sure recommend it to people. I haven't taken MXE very far, I don't like dissos as much as psychedelics, but ephenidine seemed more psychedelic. But again, I've only tried it once and haven't had MXE in years.

Odd, I absolutely disliked MXE except in low doses (<40mg), ephenidine feels completely different to me. MXE is much more sedating and confusing ime.

I only had 2 batches of MXE. The first was quite awesome. I remember it being more akin to my ephenedine experience a few days ago. Seriously I am not a dissociative guy at all so don't take my comparisons too seriously. Someone earlier in the thread said described ephenedine as an "annestetic" which I would agree with. Good vibes, I had fun.

Roi are you saying that Ephenidine was more stimulating than MXE? I could've sworn most people in this thread said they found it more relaxed. MXE is pretty stimulating for me though.

IME, ephenidine is a bit more stimulating physically, but calmer mentally. That being said, i enjoyed it as much, wether i was actice or lying down.

Of course, lying down allows for a much deeper meditative experience, and if i were to use again, i would chose immobility or asanas to get the most out of it.

To those wondering how it compares to ketamine, i would first say ephenidine's headspace feels more grounded, ancient, patient, wise, lucid. I personnaly consider it the closest step to the perfect disso headspace. Physically, i didn't like the warning signs i got from my body, so ketamine feels way safer.
As for getting the job done with a permatolerance, sure you'll need more milligram-wise, but where there's a will there's a way...

If you are a K or MXE lover, i can barely imagine you won't love ephenidine too. I was in over my head from day 1 when i discovered this one, so let me warn you again: this is one addictive disso. The steep price probably isn't a bad thing after all...

I really resonate with mosaik's comment right above me about ephenidine feeling more grounded, ancient, patient, wise, and lucid. All of the above, most noticably in the higher doses compared to high dose MXE.
I did three doses over 8 hours- 40 milligrams, then 80, then 150mg. 40mg was very subtle but enjoyably functional in the background. The higher doses activated similar capacities and channels of energy awareness as other dissociatives, but ephenidine seemed to have something unique and specific it wanted to show me. It flowed through many stages of energy tuning, and I sensed a definite pull, at one point I was convinced it was a 'spirit' showing me the way and I submitted as it gently guided me through the channels. MXE exhibits this as well but with a very different character. It is subtle, but it results in very different overall feeling looking at the whole picture.

I have used K in every ROA practical. K doesn't have the push/pull of the stimulating dissos. It's like a big spacious room in which to wander searching for the fated answer. Ephenidine at its peak was like a slow moving rollercoaster that took me to my fated destination.

I love talking about this stuff because it requires so much abstraction!

Yeah the dissociative space is really unique and incredible, and fun to talk about. :)

just a warning for all u cross-disso fans out there. i've been doing low doses of 3-meo-pcp for the last week (5-8mg EOD or so) and then when i took 110mg of ephenidine (which is usually a mild dose for me) i got blasted into brain mush oblivion. its the first time i experienced a severe disso hangover so watch out for that cumulative effect of too much nmda antagonism.

Planning on trying a modest dose of ephenidine (~100mg) with some 4 ho mipt around 25mg. Will probably only take the mipt after the eph kicks in completely. The only other disso+psych combo i tried was 4 ho mipt and mxp. It was interesting enough for sure but the stimulation was a bit too much.

Can anyone quickly guide me on the shelf life of this? I ordered a gram a good few months back, maybe 6 months...its been sealed in the foil baggy it got sent in, in a metal box away from heat etc.

Got a BIG history with dissos and a silly (fucking stupid) tolerance, just want to know before I try this if it'd be a waste (or more importantly harmful). Ephenidine is one of the only ones I haven't tried.

I could never get the dosage right/find my sweet spot with Diph or MXP, was either nothing or complete blackout. Altho my short patience could have contributed.

But yeah, shelf life...I never even opened the bag to look at it/smell/taste it so I cant exactly open it now and see if it looks/smells/tastes 'off' from before.

Input from another board member tells me this stuff is still OK shelf life wise.

Little allergy test on tongue... all good so far, so. Roughly 45mg of these tiny white balls bombed in a rizla on a fairly full stomach. was gonna do roughly 90mg but decided to split the dose as people saying 100mg was a modest dose.

I dont expect alot due to my disso tolerance... So whats this stuff like up the snout? Diph and MXP were awful.

Just ordered some of this stuff, can't wait to try it! As a lover of MXE, I've been looking for a good replacement while that market is totally dry. I tried 3-MeO-PCP once and was dissatisfied (although I've been told it gets more interesting with redosing), but this sounds much more promising.

Does 150mg oral sound like a good place to start for the full experience? Also is there a firm consensus on total duration?

I've been looking for a good replacement while that market is totally dry.

Please tell us about your 2'-Oxo-PCM and 2'-Oxo-PCE experiences then.

Oh wait..

Can anybody comment on the half-life of ephenidine?

I used to take mxe daily at low doses, and aside from a change in my libido while I was on it, I experienced no side effects.

When mxe was no longer available, I tried 3-MeO-PCP. I didn't like it at first, it was too boring. The more I tried it, the more I liked it. Eventually, I started doing it daily at low doses, just like mxe. However, the reason I don't do it anymore is because it lingers too long. Actually, that's the second reason I don't do it anymore. I primarily stopped because it affected my precious ketamine.

Anyway, it took about a week of not doing 3-MeO-PCP before I felt truly baseline again while sober. But even after 2 weeks of being clean from it, ketamine, my favorite drug, felt "off," and I couldn't properly K-hole myself. I would be doing K-hole doses (200mg IM,) and I would somewhat fall into a hole. I would even lose control of my motor functions for a few minutes, but I never truly lost myself, mentally. My ego always remained attached. I even tried slightly higher doses of K (215mg IM,) but I would just black out, as I do when I overshoot my K-hole doses. 180mg-200mg of K via IM seems to be my sweet spot to K-hole.

When I would do non-K-hole doses, I felt more lucid. The more time between my last 3-MeO-PCP dose (as in, the difference between 2 to 3 weeks,) the less lucidity with my K, as is what I'm used to doing. Clearly, the 3-MeO-PCP played a giant role in affecting my ketamine experiences.

So, on to my main question, what's the half-life on this drug? How long before feeling back to baseline? Also, I plan on insufflating it as my ROA, as I do with all my other dissociates (except K, as previously mentioned.)

Last edited:
Does ephenidine feel pretty much exactly like ketamine, including in the sense that for an individual with high disso tolerance it's hard to get the job done with it... or is it rather like a K-feeling disso that still works for hardheads? That is, until this too is matched with permatolerance.

I have not IM'ed K so I may not be fully answering this question, but ephenidine can certainly get the job done regardless of tolerance. Eating 525mg's of ephenidine fucked me into another dimension. I don't feel K is worthwhile for me whatsoever at my tolerance, of course, that would maybe be a different story if I chose to IM. But as it stands, 300-350mg of insufflated ketamine is a rather boring experience for me, and my nostrils become clogged at that point, so the journey is halted.

Ephenidine is certainly colorful - in sharp contrast to ketamine. More akin to MXE really, just more stimulating as others have mentioned. Good MXE is not really stimulating though, of course. I've actually used the word ancient to describe ephenidine before, so I'm not surprised to see that resonate here. I found it more sinister than wise, perhaps it didn't approve of the way I was prescribing it to myself!

The state of the dissociative scene really is in shambles. Ephenidine - too many physical side effects. Ketamine - RE: tolerance. 3-MeO-PCP - Meh. Diphenidine - MEH. DXE - OK, but I'm waiting for more anecdotes before hopping back on this train. 3-MeO-PCE - China does not fuck with you it seems, why is that? I will probably make a consensus of O-PCE when I have time, hopefully more reports surface in the meantime. For now, I will continue to nurture my MXE.