• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

I have not IM'ed K so I may not be fully answering this question, but ephenidine can certainly get the job done regardless of tolerance. Eating 525mg's of ephenidine fucked me into another dimension. I don't feel K is worthwhile for me whatsoever at my tolerance, of course, that would maybe be a different story if I chose to IM. But as it stands, 300-350mg of insufflated ketamine is a rather boring experience for me, and my nostrils become clogged at that point, so the journey is halted.

Ephenidine is certainly colorful - in sharp contrast to ketamine. More akin to MXE really, just more stimulating as others have mentioned. Good MXE is not really stimulating though, of course. I've actually used the word ancient to describe ephenidine before, so I'm not surprised to see that resonate here. I found it more sinister than wise, perhaps it didn't approve of the way I was prescribing it to myself!

The state of the dissociative scene really is in shambles. Ephenidine - too many physical side effects. Ketamine - RE: tolerance. 3-MeO-PCP - Meh. Diphenidine - MEH. DXE - OK, but I'm waiting for more anecdotes before hopping back on this train. 3-MeO-PCE - China does not fuck with you it seems, why is that? I will probably make a consensus of O-PCE when I have time, hopefully more reports surface in the meantime. For now, I will continue to nurture my MXE.
Have you ever done ketamine within the same week after doing 3-MeO-PCP? If so, did you find your ketamine experienced diminished? Not due to tolerance, but due to the 3-MeO-PCP still being in your system and affecting the way the ketamine acts?

Does ephenidine feel pretty much exactly like ketamine, including in the sense that for an individual with high disso tolerance it's hard to get the job done with it... or is it rather like a K-feeling disso that still works for hardheads? That is, until this too is matched with permatolerance.
This :D

To be honest, ethyl-diphetamine (aka NEDPA or *cringe* ephenidine) kinda ruined ketamine for me, eventhough I've only had a couple of ceiling dose experiences with the former. Ketamine just seems shit now, boring as fuck. I had been using it on a more or less regular basis for a decade (exclusively IM/IV for the past few years) without ever experiencing any sort of quantitative tolerance or significant qualitative changes, other than being able to navigate the space better. Now... It's just shit. Just shit. Can't get off on it as in it's just not psychedelic anymore. Instead it's - not sure if I mentioned it before - shit. NEDPA on the other hand is THE shit.

@Mods
Could you please for the love of god rename this thread to NEDPA Megathread, maybe keep the Ephenidine mentioned in the title? Bluelight seems to make no attempt at clearing up the confusion that will eventually arise from these human scum given (aka 'vendors', eventhough we all know they are but low life drug dealers with little concern for our safety), completely and utterly moronic trivial names.

Last edited:
NEDPA is just as bad as a name. N-Ethyldiphenylamine. Whoops, missing another ethyl.

But you surely know that already.

NEDPEA on the other hand would be even more stupid because of the "PEA".

So let's just stick with Ephenidine and stop crying over nothing.

I agree. Sometimes vendors give stupid or unintuitive names for new compounds, but it's really difficult to change it once a name is stuck. If all vendors call it ephenidine, it should be called that here too, because otherwise it will just be extra confusing for people that are looking for some info on it.

I agree also. It's a shame that vendors seem to dictate this stuff these days, but people come here for info... a few people who come here for info actually become members of the community, but most of them just google something and end up here. If we try to change the thread title, people will have a harder time finding the information they're looking for.

Also something like "Edipheneamine" is just less catchy than Ephenidine.

I totally agree that once a name is used, we should stick with it to avoid confusion (even if it was irrationally chosen). However, as a compromise, shouldn't the B&D threads include the IUPAC name in parentheses at the end? As in:

B&D: Ephenedine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine)

Yeah that's a good idea, I'll add it to this one for now.

Can anybody comment on the half-life of ephenidine?

I used to take mxe daily at low doses, and aside from a change in my libido while I was on it, I experienced no side effects.

When mxe was no longer available, I tried 3-MeO-PCP. I didn't like it at first, it was too boring. The more I tried it, the more I liked it. Eventually, I started doing it daily at low doses, just like mxe. However, the reason I don't do it anymore is because it lingers too long. Actually, that's the second reason I don't do it anymore. I primarily stopped because it affected my precious ketamine.

Anyway, it took about a week of not doing 3-MeO-PCP before I felt truly baseline again while sober. But even after 2 weeks of being clean from it, ketamine, my favorite drug, felt "off," and I couldn't properly K-hole myself. I would be doing K-hole doses (200mg IM,) and I would somewhat fall into a hole. I would even lose control of my motor functions for a few minutes, but I never truly lost myself, mentally. My ego always remained attached. I even tried slightly higher doses of K (215mg IM,) but I would just black out, as I do when I overshoot my K-hole doses. 180mg-200mg of K via IM seems to be my sweet spot to K-hole.

When I would do non-K-hole doses, I felt more lucid. The more time between my last 3-MeO-PCP dose (as in, the difference between 2 to 3 weeks,) the less lucidity with my K, as is what I'm used to doing. Clearly, the 3-MeO-PCP played a giant role in affecting my ketamine experiences.

So, on to my main question, what's the half-life on this drug? How long before feeling back to baseline? Also, I plan on insufflating it as my ROA, as I do with all my other dissociates (except K, as previously mentioned.)
Sorry for the shameless plug, it seems my post got buried in the last page. Does anybody have any comments on this?

So far my experience with this Chem have been lovely.

I have not exceeded 200mg in a session as I find the duration to be quite daunting and for my liking I would rather "hole" on ketamine, mxe, or even 2-Oxo-PCM

All dosages were administered orally. My gf and I both find 100-200mg perfect for a relaxing evening of movies or music listening.

IME it mixes very well with 4-aco-met so I can assume it does with other tryptamines.

On nye I ingested 150mg of mdma at 8pm.

At 12:30am I ingested 200mg of ephenidine.

1:30am the ephenidine mitigates the mdma comedown and my body is filled with anesthetic warmth. We decide to take ~18mg of 4-aco-met.

2:00am-4am pure anesthesia bliss with some lovely visuals. The gf and I cuddle this whole time listening to phish. 1mg of etiz and sleep come nicely.

The next day we wake around noon feeling pretty damn good with only slight grogginess from the etiz.

Conclusion lovely Chem.

As far as serotonin syndrome goes I do my fair share of research before mixing agonists and nmda's. My buddy is an anesthesiologist and always looks into the danger for me... For fun and I trust his word on weather or not it is safe. He works with nmda's a lot.

I took 100mg orally at 18:00. Peaked at...22:00, four hours later. What the fuck ephenidine?

I heard of people having odd 3-5 hour comeups on the phenidine series, but I didn't experience those myself in the past. Maybe it depends on stomach acidicy or something like that?

From basically sober to tripping rather hard in 5 minutes suddenly. Very strong body high, it feels so much more like a psychedelic than dissociative to me. My whole body felt electric, comes close to 2C-E somehow. Did not want to move around much, listened to music in bed.

The trip itself was very nice, I felt a bit numb but..I could switch euphoria on and off at will. No anxiety or negativity at all. Kinda interesting. Peak lasted about two hours, followed by 4 hours of slightly confusing after effects.

I think I'll wait two weeks for tolerance to drop and try 120mg next.

NEDPA is just as bad as a name. N-Ethyldiphenylamine. Whoops, missing another ethyl.

But you surely know that already.

NEDPEA on the other hand would be even more stupid because of the "PEA".

So let's just stick with Ephenidine and stop crying over nothing.
It is a diphenetylamine though, whats stupid about the pea? Typo up there obviously. I am not crying over nithing, there WILL come a day when the vendor stupidity causes deaths. More and more substances will pop up and we should follow naming conventions on the base of iupac names. Hell an index on bluelight with iupac cas and trivial names would suffice to reduce harms. Now feel free to cry your eyes out over this disagreement. Learn some godamn respect. This is bluelight, not the drugs forum or whatever hole yoou creeped out of. No offense.

Finally tried this stuff and loved it!

Took 120mg at a full moon gathering. I have extensive experience with MXE and K, and I have also tried 3-MeO-PCP. Comeup was long, about two hours before feeling anything. But then it came on beautifully, not too sedating or stimulating, just perfect. It reminded me a lot of MXE, which is wonderful because that is one of my favorite drugs.
Total ease in talking to strangers, wonderful for flowing with my hoop and wand, minor visual activity, combined in a lovely way with weed. Sleep came with little difficulty around 8-9 hours after dosing. No real negatives to speak of except maybe that long comeup time! Excited to try this one again, not even sure if I want to increase dosage.

Thanks, crook, interesting :)

(About the naming: I think there is now an actual thread for arguments about nomenclature - I too hate names dictated by vendors and if a name is just very easy confuse or fundamentally too misleading / wrong, BL should resist heavily and encourage using a different name while allowing people googling to find the same info/thread with all appropriate search words.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/782733-Naming-novel-compounds-and-discussion-threads-about-them )

Any more reports on vaped Ephenidine? I typically stick to other ROAs, but I recently tried vaporized Diphenidine on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by the reaction, hoping Ephenidine might be similar or better. If nobody else has experience, can anyone tell me why it would or wouldn't be a good idea?

^ @vaping:

reddit said:
There is a bit of a difference between oral and vaping experiences, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The only thing I noticed is that the oral route was cery empathogenic while the vaped route seems to be opposite. Very strange.
Although for now, I think it's most wise to attribute this characteristic to the fact that I combined it with caffeine during my oral experiment.

How does it compare to 3-MeO-PCP?

I only tried 3-MeO-PCP once and I was unimpressed. I enjoyed ephenidine much more. IME it was more of an immersive experience. 3-MeO was dissociating physically but not mentally.