• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

Aw man, I don't even know where to start, but I'll do my best. First off, I'll say I really underestimated this stuff. Last night made extremely high dose 3-MeO-PCP+cannabis seem like child's play in comparison. I've never done 5-MeO-DMT/DPT for similiar experiences that may be as jarring. but I'm just going to assume ephenidinine takes the cake when it comes to that kind of utter nuclear destruction in the realm of disssociatives. When I finally sobered up enough this morning to realize I hadn't slept in days and my body was involuntarily dropping to the floor (idk if it was for lack of energy, or some kind of seizure, but scary nonetheless) I popped 3mg etizolam and finally got the few hours of sleep I needed to write this. I'm still shaking throughout my whole body, like cold chills. Woah.

The soundtrack for the parts I remember was provided by Lupe Fiasco's The Cool and it provided a very chilling, daunting and realistic backdrop to my trip. I probably experienced the equivalent of a dose higher than 525mg considering I had already been building it up in my system for the day and a half prior. And I licked my measuring spoon and probably put more in my system by whatever means at various points throughtout the night. Once I realied how strong the experience was getting, it was too late. Utter realism. Such extreme dissociation to the point where it begins to behave the opposite way and I was more in the moment than I have ever been in my life. The CEV's were incredibly complex, blowing away most serotonergic psychedelics. But once I gained the ability to manipulate energy I was changed forever. Think Star Wars, "Use the force Luke," I just pointed my hands towards things and they would behave as I pleased. My fingers were glowing with a blue aura. It was all so positive, and then it just totally switched up.

My fingernails crumbled before my eyes and fell off, my skin darkened and was rotting - I was dying. I think this was a metaphor for the damage I am doing to my physical body with the amount of dissociative drugs I put through my system, You know those moments you get sometimes on dissociatives (I got it on DXM a lot) where you feel like all the energy in the world is headed towards a breaking point and you are standing right at the middle of it? For about an hour (time-dilation made it seem like much more) I was stuck in this frantic state of impending doom. It was basically a NDE, everything I had ever known ceased to exist and I the only way forward was the source. However, this source was not natural, it was blue and green lights that I will probably never be able to erase the memory of from my mind - it was like the the most vulnerable and helpless I've ever felt in my enitre life, basically I thought I was about to die and go to hell (which even if you're not religous, eternity is scary as fuck). It was like MXE was God and my past life and ephendine was the future and the devil, and I thought the EPE had won the battle for my soul.

Flash-forward to coming down, at some point I got in the shower as I began to regain some resemblance of myself. Eerie music filled my ears and frightening thoughts crossed my mind even though I was in total silence. I probably sound like a stupid rambling maniac, it's just difficult to put my experience into words. I swore off dissociatives forever (for the millionth time) last night when I came to last night and realized I had been given my life back. And yet what a paradox, I'm already yearning to go back. Go back where? Is it home? I guess we won't know for sure till we know nothing at all.

^^ That's crazy. Glad you came out the other side alright.

I guess the real question is, why do you do dissociatives? Why do you feel the need to go so far out? Are you avoiding something in sober reality?

Heavy trip, I hope that you will be able to re-assemble your mind :) Apart from the problems you talked about, have you noticed any physical side affects? Stomach cramping etc?

Last w/e I took 75mg to test its potency, which was similar in effect to drinking three cups of coffee. The next night i ate 150 mg and had a lovely little trip. Since then i have had had a painful stomach ache with a little nausea, and my heart felt weaker during light exercise. I also had pinches in my side similar to what you might have from taking too much ketamine.

I imagine i had a small chemical burn in my stomach as somebody posted something similar. i ate the ephenidine on a relatively empty stomach, but had a meal soon after.

It's quite irritating as i really enjoyed the chemical, and still have some left. I'm reluctant to take it again but also really want to re-live the experience.

I'm all back to normal now, but i was wandering if anyone else has had similar effects?

^^ That's crazy. Glad you came out the other side alright.

I guess the real question is, why do you do dissociatives? Why do you feel the need to go so far out? Are you avoiding something in sober reality?

That's the million dollar question man. And I wish I could answer it as much as I could answer the meaning of life. I'm sure that's why I keep going back, because I always think that on the next breakthrough, "I'm really gonna figure it out this time maaan." And of course I just come back with more questions than before. That's just life. Cyclical shit.

CaptainSalid, it seems to me the human mind is pretty resillient. I'd like to think these experiences are forcing my brain to adapt and evolve at much quicker than normal rate (delusional, yes) but we all play our little games. Stomach cramping has been present, not too bothersome though, or maybe I'm just still numb. No doubt, though this stuff does not go easy on the body. I'd imagine toying with it like it was MXE for an extended period of time could lend itself to some undesirable side-effects. I agree it is caustic, it will take a day or two to recover taste buds if you dose sublingually.

I'm sure it's fine in moderation with the proper ROA. But don't be like me and go days in a row with high doses. I think last night will hold me over for awhile though. I'm taking a break for awhile, seriously.

One more thing that just convinces me of some weird shit going on is what my friend just told me. He was totally sober last night and he said he could feel a daunting vibe in the air. That electrical current/energy field with MXE? Yeah it's like 10 times stronger with this. He swears that at one point my face glitched, like something out of a movie, like the right side of it twitched and shimmered in an unnatural, computer animation sort of way. And he says I was obsessing about a certain 4 digit number (which I'm not going to reveal because we concluded it may have some value). Anyways, deep shit man...

Edit: I got some PG and the ephenidine doesn't dissolve for shit in it. The best way I've found so far is to boil water and small amounts (10-50mg) will completely dissolve in 1.0-2.5 mL of it.

Last edited:
Can anyone give comparisons of effects when the same dosage is taken orally vs sublingual? i'm looking to bypass some of the negative effects ephenidine had on my stomach.

i tried eating 150mg after eating some rice and yogurt, and unsurprisingly felt little effect, probably similar to 50mg.

ecstacylover you said "i would advise not to sublingual. just take my word on that" can you elaborate? is it because of burns/scars?

Last edited:
Onset of sublingual is about 30 minutes, compared with 1.5-3 hours for oral. Sublingual seems to be more potent than oral and perhaps the best ROA except for the fact that this stuff is caustic. If you decide to do sublingual, try to keep it under the tongue and not swish it around in your mouth. I've used sublingual with it on more than a few occasions and it completely numbs your entire mouth within 5 minutes along with some burns. It doesn't seem to be anything long-lasting and taste and everything would return to normal after a day without any via that ROA, but it can be somewhat of a nuisance when your using lower plateau maintenance doses. Unfortunately, I have found out that it is supplied as the HCl salt which has very low solubility compared to the sulfate, so plugging is difficult. If your willing to plug multiple doses in succession with, say, a 1 cc oral syringe, use boiling water and you can get 5-15 mg/mL completely dissolved. Plugging this definitely has the fastest onset and is much more potent than oral or sublingual, but be prepared to do some trial and error. I plugged on numerous occasions over the course of a week and within a day of cessation everything down there felt back to normal, so I'd say it's ok to experiment with that ROA.

From my experiments, I'd estimate that oral bioavailibility is about 30% that of rectal, based on the fact that 100mg orally got me to almost exactly the same place as 30mg plugged (with 2 weeks in between for tolerance). For me the onset is about 10 minutes rectally and it lasts around 5-6 hours. I can't comment on duration orally as I only tried it once via that ROA and I wasn't really keeping track of time.

The solubility issues are fairly annoying, but you can always just use more water! 80mg dissolves fine in 5mL of warm water with a bit of stirring.

A very promising chemical, like someone said, a big brother of K/MXE.
My trial of one day was a titration of 3 doses. 40mg, 80mg, to 150-160mg. I ascended the mountain and came to the center alignment.

tried this once, it does work snorted (not sure how but I was definitely fucked) but it's a lot less efficient, seeing as I blew through 500mg in a couple of hours. It's hard to really attribute any particular feeling or vibe to it, had high hopes but I found it kinda clinical, I remember closing my eyes with headphones on at one point and thinking "woah, so this must be one of those crazy intense dissociative experiences I've read so much about!" and I definitely experienced some crazy shit but I have more or less no recollection of what it actually was :s weird drug

I have many unpleasant memories of DMSO,it has caused me a lot of tissue inflammation and pain over the years. But the truth is that Ephenidine will dissolve in a small quantity of DMSO, and this solution is miscible with Saline.
Thank you, very good job man! By the way it is just now that my vein seems to get softer again. Worst thrombophlebitis I've ever had.

I've given up on this chemical, it seems to deal a lot of damage to my body. its possible i had a bad batch, or one containing other harmful substances, or I am simply sensitive to ephenidine.

I ingested 800 mg over the course of around 5-6 weeks, and experienced negative side effects after each dosage. The high from ephenidine when i first tried it was great, but after that (with breaks of at least a week) I didn't manage to achieve the same experience, and only ended up causing stomach and bowel pain.

I'm sure that I could reduce the harm with other ROA's but ultimately the best harm reduction is to not use the chemical again.

So anyway i guess I'm saying, enjoy the chemical but stay safe. maybe i will check back occasionally to see if there is any development with this one.

ecstacylover said:
Onset of sublingual is about 30 minutes, compared with 1.5-3 hours for oral. Sublingual seems to be more potent than oral and perhaps the best ROA except for the fact that this stuff is caustic. If you decide to do sublingual, try to keep it under the tongue and not swish it around in your mouth. I've used sublingual with it on more than a few occasions and it completely numbs your entire mouth within 5 minutes along with some burns.

+1. Gotta say i loved that mouth numbing though, when one side of my mouth was starting to get burned after a couple days, i would just change sides and it would heal in a couple days. All the while burning the other side. =D Got a bit concerned about my teeth's ename:such caustic juice can't be any good for it. After 15g consumed in such a way, my dentist didn't notice anything, but i won't risk it again.

Captaintom said:
seeing as I blew through 500mg in a couple of hours

8o I award you the Cast Iron Nostrils Trophy. IME 50mgs of this stuff already feels like it's piercing through my eye socket and wedgemelting the front half of my brain.

CaptainSalad said:
I've given up on this chemical, it seems to deal a lot of damage to my body

Same here, very unfortunately because the psychedelic effects are fabulous. But it just doesn't feel physically safe, unlike good ol' MXE, and i'm not the only one who noticed chest pinches with this one, and certainly don't want to be the one who discovers that they were in fact serious warning signs...
Could it be batch related? ROA related? Not everyone seems to be complaining about unwanted physical side effects...

Ime the ephenidine comeup feels more like a psychedelic like 2C-B, with physical stimulation.

MXE for me has a smooth comeup however the comedown is fucking nuts.

Ime the ephenidine comeup feels more like a psychedelic like 2C-B, with physical stimulation.
Surely not in breakthrough doses, right? Feels indistinguishable from ketamine to me. I've done a shitload of dissociatives.

I've noticed a weird positive side-effect with this compund. After each dose i get a prominent eyesight after-glow which last a couple of days and basically makes my myopia go away (70-80% ). This is especially noticable in low light conditions and at night. After some searching i found a study that links inhibiton of dopamine D2 receptor and myopia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23434455

Does ephenidine feel pretty much exactly like ketamine, including in the sense that for an individual with high disso tolerance it's hard to get the job done with it... or is it rather like a K-feeling disso that still works for hardheads? That is, until this too is matched with permatolerance.

Does ephenidine feel pretty much exactly like ketamine, including in the sense that for an individual with high disso tolerance it's hard to get the job done with it... or is it rather like a K-feeling disso that still works for hardheads? That is, until this too is matched with permatolerance.

If you have a high disso tolerance you'll need to take some massive doses with this. I haven't done dissos for very long so my tolerance isn't super high but ephenidine only got interesting at 200mg for me, and even then I found it pretty lackluster compared to MXE, MXM, K, even diphenidine. With how expensive it currently is its not really worth it IMO. I'v only had 3 experiences with it though, perhaps I'll give it another go this weekend.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. Ate 100mg at 10:50AM. Smoked a few bong rips and it made the 2 hour come up quite pleasant. Sort of like being drunk but not nasty feeling or anything like that. Spaced out vibe. Took the bus, then train, then another bus to get home. It was all enjoyable.

Got home and ate 100mg more at 2:10 PM. Things started to get more interesting about 20 minutes later. Reminded me of when I did MXE. Seems like it gives you a bit of a positive stim push. I liked it. I'm no psychonaut so I won't be going too deep with this one.

We don't really know whether ephenidine acts on monoamines or not. Likely a DRI. Should be fine with SSRIs. Start with a low dose.